AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-13, 05:40   Link #7961
bakapervert
A pervert

Yeah, even though Doni is pretty cool in his character, the way he never pay attention to other people's feeling and need is a pretty big minus. That guy is just too selfish.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 06:27   Link #7962
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

ALL of the Campione characters are selfish in their own way. Even Aisha despite her Shirou-ness can be considered as one from a certain PoV. But that's what made me interested in the characters. Because they are selfish but some of them do get Character Developments.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 19:38   Link #7963
blackwhite67
Banned

I couldn't find the Campione! anime thread so I'm just gonna post this here since discussion stalled with the lack of new material.

Quote:
Some people suddenly find religion, but for 16-year-old Godo Kusanagi, it's that REALLY old time religion that's found him! As the result of defeating the God of War in mortal combat, Godo's stuck with the unwanted position of Campione, or God Slayer, whose duty is to fight Herectical Gods whenever they try to muscle in on the local turf. Not only is this likely to make Godo roadkill on the Highway to Heaven, it's also a job that comes with a lot of other problems. Like how to deal with the fact that his “enhanced status” is attracting a bevy of overly-worshippy female followers. After all, they're just there to aid him in his demi-godly duties, right? So why is it that their leader, the demonically manipulative sword-mistress Erica Brandelli, seems to have such a devilish interest in encouraging some VERY unorthodox activities? Get ready for immortal affairs, heavenly harems and lots of dueling deities taking pious in the face as the ultimate smash, bash and thrash of the Titans rocks both Heaven and Earth in Campione!
Campione!'s dub cast has been announced. This summary is noticeably suited to target an American audience. I actually find it more informative and appealing than the light novel summary.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 20:12   Link #7964
Vezon

oh wow to think that Campione would get a dub. I hope they find a nice person to match Erica personality.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 20:27   Link #7965
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
oh wow to think that Campione would get a dub. I hope they find a nice person to match Erica personality.
Quote:
Godo Kusanagi Blake Shepard
Erica Blandelli Monica Rial
Yuri Mariya Hilary Haag
Liliana Kranjcar Genevieve Simmons
Ena Seishuin Carli Mosier
Athena Brittney Karbowski
Shizuka Kusanagi Luci Christian
Arianna Hyama Aleardi Juliet Simmons
Verethragna Leraldo Anzuldua
Lucrezia Zora Maggie Flecknoe
Melqart David Wald
Sasha Dejanstahl Voban John Swasey
Anchorwoman Allison Sumrall
Narration Christopher Ayres
Sorry for the sloppy copy and paste. I don't know much about voice acting, but Britney Karbowski as Athena? Good choice.
Old 2013-08-14, 20:41   Link #7966
bludvein

I didn't care for the original anime, and I am even less enthused about the possibility of a dub. Even if they did it well it would still be a subpar adaptation, and we all know the chances of them doing a decent dub are exceedingly slim.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 21:59   Link #7967
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I do like the visual and soundtrack to a certain degree though. Especially Raise, Campione, Ougon no Ken. They're taking a pragmatic take on the adaptation. Still, every time I watched the one-volume-compressed-into-one-episode first episode, I always reminds myself "Don't worry, the new Rozen Maiden did two-season-compressed-into-one-episode first episode."
Old 2013-08-15, 04:33   Link #7968
ImperialFlameGod8190

whose doing the dub
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 20:28   Link #7969
akim36

Send a message via AIM to akim36 Send a message via Yahoo to akim36
huh, the girl that dubs erica is also the girl that dubbed Houki from IS, so Yoko did Houki and erica and Monica did them in english lol
akim36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 20:37   Link #7970
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
I do like the visual and soundtrack to a certain degree though. Especially Raise, Campione, Ougon no Ken. They're taking a pragmatic take on the adaptation. Still, every time I watched the one-volume-compressed-into-one-episode first episode, I always reminds myself "Don't worry, the new Rozen Maiden did two-season-compressed-into-one-episode first episode."
And how did that go?
Old 2013-08-19, 10:04   Link #7971
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ Well, it's like watching a movie trailer. An half-hour long movie trailer. Meanwhile watching Campione's first episode is like watching an abridged series or something. Still more entertaining at least.
Old 2013-08-19, 10:17   Link #7972
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
^ Well, it's like watching a movie trailer. An half-hour long movie trailer. Meanwhile watching Campione's first episode is like watching an abridged series or something. Still more entertaining at least.
I was referring to the Rosen Maiden part.
Old 2013-08-19, 10:30   Link #7973
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Rozen Maiden? As I said, it's like watching a trailer, mostly made of random flashes of the time when the dolls joined and died. Being someone... new to the series, I don't get it at all whereas Campione's first episode, despite all of its liberties did it's job (that is, introducing the setting and premise) quite well.

That said, Campione probably wouldn't get a second season if its somewhat low BD sales is anything to go by.
Old 2013-08-19, 11:03   Link #7974
bakapervert
A pervert

^ Is Campione popular in Japan, its light novel I mean? Or does it categorized as mediocre in Japan?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 11:18   Link #7975
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Seems to be just so-so. Not even approaching the level of DxD.

I think that it's the illustration that drove people off. As Hachiman said on OregaIru Ep. 2, illustration is a really important thing for an LN. It's also not as 'fast-paced' as some other Action LNs while not being a School Life LN either. It spends quite a lot of time with the characters talking, giving expositions, and infodropping about some random historical facts instead of emotional or action scenes more. Also, its fanservice was in the form of kisses instead of more generic Love Comedy or Moe fanservice sh*ts.

Needless to say, it was not that popular in Japan.
Old 2013-08-19, 16:24   Link #7976
Yami no Ou
まおう

^even if its just a so-so in Japan its still fine cause the LN's getting sales so no worries of it being stopped
Old 2013-08-20, 13:00   Link #7977
Brizzle

Quote:
Seems to be just so-so. Not even approaching the level of DxD.

I think that it's the illustration that drove people off. As Hachiman said on OregaIru Ep. 2, illustration is a really important thing for an LN. It's also not as 'fast-paced' as some other Action LNs while not being a School Life LN either. It spends quite a lot of time with the characters talking, giving expositions, and infodropping about some random historical facts instead of emotional or action scenes more. Also, its fanservice was in the form of kisses instead of more generic Love Comedy or Moe fanservice sh*ts.

Needless to say, it was not that popular in Japan.
Oddly enough, most of these are reasons I like this series so much; especially the infodumping since I'm a huge mythology geek (the whole theme of heroes and gods of Steel slaying the serpentine earth goddesses really gets me going in an academic sense).

I do admit that the art does end up lacking, so I can see how it's a turn-off to audiences.
Brizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 09:31   Link #7978
bludvein

I'm a big fan of mythology as well. Its a major plus point in my book.

The art is kinda meh in the beginning, but it gets quite a bit better later. Its not amazing, but its not bad either.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 21:39   Link #7979
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

does anyone know when vol 15 comes out.
Old 2013-08-23, 18:05   Link #7980
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
does anyone know when vol 15 comes out.
no news yet I suppose cause vol 14 just got released few months ago

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem