AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-30, 11:41   Link #821
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ho-hum. Wrong on Masuzu winning the contest, but right on Masuzu letting go of her fake personality (even for a little bit) and the show reinforcing that she is the official girlfriend. Why am I not surprsied at all?

Which makes me quite mad about her cockblock in the end. I mean, she already got Eita's love confession, official girlfriend status, and a kiss on Eita's initiative. Did she really have to interrupt Chiwa's 'moment' as well? Like I was, "Go frigging AWAY! You pretty much already won dammit, let Chiwa get HER consolation prize."

Yeah, just kind of miffed that Chiwa's time with Eita was interrupted, when Masuzu/Hime/Ai's 'time to shine' weren't. I dunno, just wasn't fair at all. Now that I think about it, I'm actually absolutely fuming right now... and Chiwa isn't my favourite girl either. >_>

Oh well, at least Ai got her 'marriage certificate' signed, and her reaction after is the reason why I love that girl so much. Which I guess is only fair because they frigging cut out her Pageant time, when I was so stoked for more air time of Kayano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I dropped the show when the 3rd girl appeared.
Did anything cool happen to make me watch it again?
Just missed Kayano Ai's stellar performance that, as this thread has shown, is so frigging awesome that it made people jump ship.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 11:51   Link #822
II Maestro

Hahaha .... A-chan wins thanks to Eita's stamp.
Old 2013-03-30, 11:57   Link #823
U<3Anime
Boo!

Ever since Ai-chan joined this show picked up and got a whole lot more entertaining. Real shame that it has to end at this point when it just started to get good.
Old 2013-03-30, 12:08   Link #824
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

2nd season?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:13   Link #825
Azuma Denton
~AD~

NOOOOO !!!!
Why it must end?!!!
Arrrgggghhh, i will miss the battlefield between those 4....
2nd season please !!!!

And that ED song where they reprise all the scenes but with reverse role between the girls is quite funny.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:28   Link #826
EroKing

Images
Harem end unlocked
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 02:48.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:42   Link #827
ookamigirl

So the final episode is here.
That swimsuit contest sure served a higher purpose.
Flashbacks were really nice as well.
The girls were especially all over Eita this time.
Masuzu was such a stubborn girl with lots of walls around her.
Looks like Eita finally broke through her defenses and insecurities.
Nice final episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:48   Link #828
Haiprbim
Banned

Episode 12 was amazing, cannot wait for the final episode!
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:51   Link #829
Zavie

Oh god, Pink won so hard this final episode. Pink, why are you so cute

Although, Masuzu snuggling on Eita in Yurarin voice was very deadly as well
Old 2013-03-30, 13:51   Link #830
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
2nd season?
That's what it seems like to me. Not really a harem end, since he's only declared himself for Masuzu. But the battlefield can continue.

Not sure what the viewership or pre-sales are like, but it's a solid middle-populariity show on 2channel, not up with Love Live (125,000 posts), Tamako Market (80,000), and Vividred (75,000), but in the same range as Maoyu, with almost 30,000 posts.

Good show. EDIT: ...no matter what these other jaded old commenters think, lol. All four girls were well played and interesting characters, for me. I mean, this is a harem comedy, not a noitaminA drama. A couple of comments reveal again the danger of reading the source material. Never read the whole thing if you can avoid it. The only show I know that lived up to its source was Honey & Clover, which for most of its run followed the manga almost frame for frame...and that wouldn't work for a lot of shows.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2013-03-30 at 17:06.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:55   Link #831
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Ah. I didn't liked how they removed Eita's monologue in the end, where he realizes that he has absolutely no way out of the Shuraba da!

They also didn't allocated enough time to explain the importance of Monyo Monyo and it's practical applications

..... Something tells me that the extra domestic release episode is also going to have Kaori in a swimming suit.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-30, 14:21   Link #832
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Something tells me that the extra domestic release episode is also going to have Kaori in a swimming suit.
There is?

Will it be broadcast on TV too?
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 14:25   Link #833
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well that simply awful. Even by harem show standards, this was particularly bad. The attempts to humanize Masuzu's character over the course of this show fell remarkably flat. It was more amusing when she was simply a mean hearted girl who was trolling out cast. Just a complete failure at evoking any sort of empathy from me, and in the end the drama was just silly.

2/10 for the show.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 14:51   Link #834
Zavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Well that simply awful. Even by harem show standards, this was particularly bad. The attempts to humanize Masuzu's character over the course of this show fell remarkably flat. It was more amusing when she was simply a mean hearted girl who was trolling out cast. Just a complete failure at evoking any sort of empathy from me, and in the end the drama was just silly.

2/10 for the show.
I think you are missing the point of this episode. I also felt no empathy for Silver and all of her drama bits, but I still enjoyed her presense very much in this episode along with everybody else. I don't think this episode's focus was Masuzu and her teenage issues but it was rather Eita's shuraba dilema. And I love how they panned the attentions to all the cast equally to show how it is like to be in the "shuraba" route.

Furthermore, I don't think you should try to empathize with Masuzu when the girl herself admits she is a horrible bitch and should be left rotten and die. She didn't seek Eita's empathy when saying those words to me.

Just to clarify, I'm in Pink's ship, not Silver's btw
Old 2013-03-30, 15:20   Link #835
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
They also didn't allocated enough time to explain the importance of Monyo Monyo and it's practical applications
Not just that, Masuzu's antics were practically halved throughout the series...... Her phone messages were some of the funniest stuff in the story; which I think was not present in the anime at all.

Strangely, there was no real original content (other than the condensations) except for the swimsuit shopping, which was rather unexpected given what was said during a previous interview. I guess there was a possibility of not having the swimsuit shopping and to decrease v1's adaptation to do a little more justice to Hime and Mana in volume 2. But seeing how the swimsuit shopping was done not too badly, probably scoring heavily with Ai fans, it might not be a bad strategy to sell the anime.

The abrupt ending could have been done better (yes, with Eita's monologue).

Not too sure what to make of it, just don't really feel too good about the manner of presentation overall (save for Ai's antics, which did feel different when animated and voiced ). Not really sure whether I actually want a 2nd season of the anime :/

Spoilers
Spoiler for comparison with novels on volume 4 end

Last edited by larethian; 2013-03-30 at 15:49.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 15:44   Link #836
Pen3

I want to see the girls reactions when they find out Ai-chan turned the papers to the city hall.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 15:49   Link #837
HandofFate

Wow, first half with the contest was sappy as hell.
Also I HATE the random crowd commentary about how a girl looks like a doll or how cute she is. I didn't mind it as much before, but its starting to annoy me. Maybe because to me, its just filler noise.

How come the crowd didn't notice like almost half the contestants was for one guy. Expected them to throw things at him.

Poor Chiwa Dang you Musuzu, you thieving cat.

Musuzu going all dere on Eita in the morning was good though.
I think Chiwa still has a chance....girlfriend isn't wife!

I really liked Chiwa's last line.
Spoiler for chiwa:

Last edited by HandofFate; 2013-03-30 at 16:03.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 16:53   Link #838
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Wow, first half with the contest was sappy as hell.
Also I HATE the random crowd commentary about how a girl looks like a doll or how cute she is. I didn't mind it as much before, but its starting to annoy me. Maybe because to me, its just filler noise.

How come the crowd didn't notice like almost half the contestants was for one guy. Expected them to throw things at him.

Poor Chiwa Dang you Musuzu, you thieving cat.

Musuzu going all dere on Eita in the morning was good though.
I think Chiwa still has a chance....girlfriend isn't wife!
well a childhood friend is not a wife too. that means it is Ai's win this time.if you are talking about husband and wife actually in the anime they made Masuzu a boring character. ı was a fan of her when I read manga and LN yet ı didn't get the same feeling in the anime except for some moments. Main female characters tend to be annoying in animes but they shouldn't waste a character like Masuzu
Old 2013-03-30, 17:04   Link #839
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Good final episode. No way was Eita going to have a mayhem route and avoid the dreaded harem scenario going into the future. No matter what he could have said or done, the girls like him too much to completely back away. So his aunt's idea had no real chance of working. Ai still wants to marry him, Hime just loves Eita period, Chiwa can't fathom leaving Eita totally alone and Musuzu seems to be leaving the anti-love philosophy behind.

Until next time, it was fun.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 17:58   Link #840
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Not just that, Masuzu's antics were practically halved throughout the series...... Her phone messages were some of the funniest stuff in the story; which I think was not present in the anime at all.

Spoilers
Spoiler for comparison with novels on volume 4 end
Well, I was already aware that they were going to cut a good chunk of content, so I wasn't surprised by that. I was kinda surprised that they touched the monyo monyo but didn't give it the grandiose definition that it deserves (isn't basically Masuzu's life support? )

Also "In light blue pajamas", whoa. So I wasn't the only one who was grieving about the clothes changes (white swimming suit Masuzu > Black one). The only one that truly found totally punishable by court martial was Mana. In the segment that was animated in episode 12, Mana didn't had that boyish look in the novel, but a rather Masuzu-like dress (similar to the one she is wearing in the last scene of EP 13). The fact that Mana might dress like Masuzu can easily help establish the (at that point unknown) siscon character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Loser View Post
Good final episode. No way was Eita going to have a mayhem route and avoid the dreaded harem scenario going into the future.
No. What Eita was trying to prevent was the shuraba route because the harem was impossible (he wasn't interested on it in the first place). Not ditching the girls only leaves him with the Shuraba route, he lost his chance of an harem when he got closer to Masuzu (and thus, prompted everyone else to take action). As Saeko mentioned, the harem there needed harmony and there it was no way to achieve harmony since everyone wanted to compete over him .

Technically he could have gotten the girls to hate him if he turns into a total ass for a good period of time, but it's obviously impossible due to his character (easily hinted on how he couldn't even face Ai when he considered the possibility of doing something bad to her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I want to see the girls reactions when they find out Ai-chan turned the papers to the city hall.
Ai was planning on turning the marriage certificate when they graduate, so they still have 3 years left before it's public. Also there is no way that the city hall would accept that "childhood promise" type paper (they don't have DNA detectors )

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen