AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-11, 04:53   Link #721
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

in episode 7 (the episode where the computer club president went missing), on timeframe about 19:08, what is the poster behind kyon? cant see it well on my tv or comp. but it doesnt look anime. is it a poster of the VA's for suzumiya, mikuru, and yuki?
Old 2007-08-11, 11:48   Link #722
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungTaisa View Post
in episode 7 (the episode where the computer club president went missing), on timeframe about 19:08, what is the poster behind kyon? cant see it well on my tv or comp. but it doesnt look anime. is it a poster of the VA's for suzumiya, mikuru, and yuki?
Got it in one!

Yup, that is what exactly it is.

Old 2007-08-19, 12:48   Link #723
Sepirts
Backward Stripes

Does Yuki ever know love? u_u
Old 2007-08-19, 23:31   Link #724
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Uh...read the 4th novel? And the story "Charmed at First Sight LOVER" in the 6th novel?

I really don't want to spoil anything before the next season airs...
Old 2007-08-26, 14:22   Link #725
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepirts View Post
Does Yuki ever know love? u_u
You just want to hear somebody say "Yes."

Kyon might presumably present a love-interest in a harem-ish sort of way. Not that it matters, because Haruhi already won.

In episode 9, Kyon wakes up to Haruhi leaning over his face. Apparently she had given her cardigan to Kyon as a blanket and was embarrassed to be caught. Kyon is draped with another cardigan and wonders who must have left it on him. He looks briefly over to where Yuki was sitting, which *might* imply Yuki had left it there.

That they bothered including a scene where Yuki gets up after Kyon falls asleep and that Kyon even looks over where she sat, gives only a very subtle hint that this is a definate possibility. In any case, whether Yuki actually left the cardigan or not, it does foreshadow some emotional blooming on Yuki's part.

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-08-26 at 14:41.
Old 2007-08-27, 23:20   Link #726
Ernest

Real Episode Order

I've only watched Haruhi once, but I know that the episodes arent in order...and I also noticed that at the end of each episode, during the preview of the next episode, they always give away the supposedly "real" next episode to the storyline... Haruhi says "Next time on The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Episode ____(Random episode that doesnt go in order)!" Then, Kyon always says "Wrong! Next time on The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Episode ____(Next one in order)!

Well, here's what I got:

1. Episode Two
2. Episode Three
3. Episode Five
4. Episode Ten
5. Episode Thirteen
6. Episode Fourteen
7. Episode Four
8. Episode Seven
9. Episode Six
10. Episode Eight
11. Episode One
12.Episode twelve (no idea why they did that)
13. Episode Eleven
14. Episode Nine

I think you already have this thread, but just wondering lawl
Old 2007-08-29, 11:43   Link #727
Atheuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
You just want to hear somebody say "Yes."

Kyon might presumably present a love-interest in a harem-ish sort of way. Not that it matters, because Haruhi already won.

In episode 9, Kyon wakes up to Haruhi leaning over his face. Apparently she had given her cardigan to Kyon as a blanket and was embarrassed to be caught. Kyon is draped with another cardigan and wonders who must have left it on him. He looks briefly over to where Yuki was sitting, which *might* imply Yuki had left it there.

That they bothered including a scene where Yuki gets up after Kyon falls asleep and that Kyon even looks over where she sat, gives only a very subtle hint that this is a definate possibility. In any case, whether Yuki actually left the cardigan or not, it does foreshadow some emotional blooming on Yuki's part.
In the anime Yuki told Kyon through the computer when he was trapped in closed world with Haruhi, that she personally wanted him to come back too - She enjoyed spending time in the library apparently. So Yuki has shown emotions of friendship to Kyon as the only one - This says something, I'd say.
Old 2007-08-30, 00:49   Link #728
inkyubasu
*.Nyoro~n.*

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Why do fans constantly say Itsuki is gay for Kyon? I found no gay tedencies for Itsuki at all in the anime and books.
Me = Fan

Well, first, I have to tell you that, as you already said, there is NO solid evidence on the matter...
But there are little hints and facts... hidden of course, because we can't forget the story is being told by Kyon, who is unaware of everybody else's feelings...

(WARNING: I'm kind of Itsuki-esque... I wrote a lot XD... AND some of my reflexions are fangirlish and DISTURBING X.x)

Oh well... The hints and... stuff:
Spoiler:

Last edited by inkyubasu; 2007-08-31 at 02:39.
Old 2007-08-30, 13:03   Link #729
Vujacicfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
In the anime Yuki told Kyon through the computer when he was trapped in closed world with Haruhi, that she personally wanted him to come back too - She enjoyed spending time in the library apparently. So Yuki has shown emotions of friendship to Kyon as the only one - This says something, I'd say.
I think it's a fact that Yuki gave Kyon that cardigan. Every girl gave Kyon something to borrow, Mikuru the scarf, Tsuyura the handkerchief, Haruhi the cardigan, so it must be Yuki with the other cardigan. Also this postcard says so.
Spoiler for Huge Postcard:
Old 2007-08-30, 13:50   Link #730
Atheuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujacicfan View Post
I think it's a fact that Yuki gave Kyon that cardigan. Every girl gave Kyon something to borrow, Mikuru the scarf, Tsuyura the handkerchief, Haruhi the cardigan, so it must be Yuki with the other cardigan. Also this postcard says so.
Spoiler for Huge Postcard:
I know - But I don't see how that has anything to do with my post. I was just providing another example of Yuki showing some kind of emotion toward Kyun.
Old 2007-08-30, 15:08   Link #731
Vujacicfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
I know - But I don't see how that has anything to do with my post. I was just providing another example of Yuki showing some kind of emotion toward Kyun.
Sorry, quoted the wrong post. I directed that to Twisted Reality's post but I guess it still kinda supports your idea of Yuki showing emotions toward Kyon.
Old 2007-08-31, 09:56   Link #732
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyubasu View Post
Me = Fan

Well, first, I have to tell you that, as you already said, there is NO solid evidence on the matter...
But there are little hints and facts... hidden of course, because we can't forget the story is being told by Kyon, who is unaware of everybody else's feelings...

(WARNING: I'm kind of Itsuki-esque... I wrote a lot XD... AND some of my reflexions are fangirlish and DISTURBING X.x)

Oh well... The hints and... stuff:
Spoiler:
That's certainly a take. It's probably why he disturbs Kyon so much is that Koizumi really has no compunctions about walking into a guy's or girls personal space for his own purposes, and with a smile. He does it with Haruhi anyway.

I always took it to be him teasing Kyon. There are a lot of hints to suggest that Koizumi might actually like Haruhi. Namely, that he openly expresses his jealousy for Kyon's and Haruhi's "unconscious bond of trust." He also admits that he admires Haruhi's energy and finds her attractive. Of course, we're not sure whether to take him all that seriously.

However, he certainly spends a lot of time worrying about Haruhi's mental status and is always constantly encouraging Kyon to look at things from Haruhi's perspective as a person and not just an insane girl to be brushed off. He really does care about her, but he has to look after her from a distance. It might not be surprising for him to be attracted to her, especially if he were to discover that Haruhi, was just in fact, a reasonably normal girl compared to what Haruhi's inner-spaces and powers might otherwise indicate.

But Haruhi picked Kyon. That's the end of that.

If his attraction to Haruhi is real, than it wins me respect points for him. He's such an accommodating character, but it never seems to drive him insane. He deliberately loses games to Kyon (even picks out different types of games). He's Haruhi's toadie. He nudges Kyon in Haruhi's direction when he can. He's Brigade's resident psychologist. He's Haruhi's Ritalin. And he does it all with an pleasant and effete demeanor. He's set himself up to be a facade. A half-person either Kyon's or Haruhi's eyes. He's nonexistent, invisible, as far as Mikuru or Yuki are concerned.

Spoiler for Also. . .:

I also look through your examples and a lot of it can be interpreted otherwise.

Spoiler for Sasaki:

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-08-31 at 10:21.
Old 2007-09-03, 00:32   Link #733
inkyubasu
*.Nyoro~n.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
That's certainly a take. It's probably why he disturbs Kyon so much is that Koizumi really has no compunctions about walking into a guy's or girls personal space for his own purposes, and with a smile. He does it with Haruhi anyway.

I always took it to be him teasing Kyon. There are a lot of hints to suggest that Koizumi might actually like Haruhi. Namely, that he openly expresses his jealousy for Kyon's and Haruhi's "unconscious bond of trust." He also admits that he admires Haruhi's energy and finds her attractive. Of course, we're not sure whether to take him all that seriously.

However, he certainly spends a lot of time worrying about Haruhi's mental status and is always constantly encouraging Kyon to look at things from Haruhi's perspective as a person and not just an insane girl to be brushed off. He really does care about her, but he has to look after her from a distance. It might not be surprising for him to be attracted to her, especially if he were to discover that Haruhi, was just in fact, a reasonably normal girl compared to what Haruhi's inner-spaces and powers might otherwise indicate.

But Haruhi picked Kyon. That's the end of that.

If his attraction to Haruhi is real, than it wins me respect points for him. He's such an accommodating character, but it never seems to drive him insane. He deliberately loses games to Kyon (even picks out different types of games). He's Haruhi's toadie. He nudges Kyon in Haruhi's direction when he can. He's Brigade's resident psychologist. He's Haruhi's Ritalin. And he does it all with an pleasant and effete demeanor. He's set himself up to be a facade. A half-person either Kyon's or Haruhi's eyes. He's nonexistent, invisible, as far as Mikuru or Yuki are concerned.

Spoiler for Also. . .:

I also look through your examples and a lot of it can be interpreted otherwise.

Spoiler for Sasaki:
Spoiler:

About him being a facade, I totally agree, that's why I'm so attracted to the character, he is indeed a "mysterious transfer student", his real self is pretty much unknown... which makes him tasty for my intellect...

And that's also why, as I said in the first post, there is NO solid evidence on the matter... there are as many clues about him liking Haruhi as he liking Kyon... but the user Question asked about Koizumi's gay tendencies, so I recopiled the evidence on that scenario... yet, I'm sure I can do the same to state otherwise...

Last edited by inkyubasu; 2007-09-03 at 23:52.
Old 2007-10-02, 09:05   Link #734
Kittie Rose

What colour is Haruhi's hair exactly? Depending on the level of detail and artwork, it seems to be black, "tea brown" or reddish brown.

Suiseisiki from Rozen Maiden seems to rotate between the last two as well...
Old 2007-10-10, 18:09   Link #735
prototype_sky

Is it just me or is the plot of the homemade movie in episode 0 of the anime reveals the actual plot of the whole story of the novels where instead of Itsuki having to choose between Asahina and Yuki to decide the fate of the universe, Kyon has to decide between Asahina and Haruhi to either doom or allow said universe to evolve.
Old 2007-10-15, 12:19   Link #736
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Well, yes, more or less, but the choice is actually a lot more complicated than that. Although the anime hasn't gotten there yet. ^_^
Old 2007-10-24, 01:32   Link #737
ffx800

in episode 00, did haruhi made the script for that movie?
is the novel already finished or is it still ongoing?
how many seasons do you think haruhi suzumiya will have?
Old 2007-10-24, 01:37   Link #738
Sol Falling

Hm...if I'm unnecessarily reviving a conversation from over a month ago, I apologize, but I'd like to add a bit on the nature of Kyon's relationship with Itsuki and Sasaki.

I think Kyon's relationship with Sasaki and his relationship with Haruhi are fundamentally different. Furthermore, Sasaki and Koizumi are indeed superficially similar.

It was somewhere in Volume 9, I think Kyon's dream in class in the Beta dimension/timeline, that Sasaki mentioned this: Kyon has the qualities of an ideal listener. Possessing just the right amount of intelligence to be able to comprehend another person's ideas, while at the same time maintaining an innocence or disinterest such that a person can be sure that they aren't telling him something he already knows. Actually, I find Kyon's attitude of deliberate ignorance and lack of intellectual curiosity somewhat interesting. He feels real, but I'm not sure such a personality type genuinely exists, since this attitude contributes significantly to the author's ability to maintain a level of suspense in the story. After all, Kyon almost certainly is not a projection of Tanigawa's own personality.

Anyway. As I was saying. Koizumi (superficially?) and Sasaki both enjoy talking, and may usually find a willing and capable audience in Kyon. I think this is the basis of their relationship, such that Kyon is always in the passive, shall we say, pursued role. Along these lines, I think that it is unlikely that Kyon could ever feel any attraction on his side of the relationship.

To reiterate, Kyon's function in their context would be an audience for thinking.

Conversely, with Haruhi, Kyon functions as a participant (actor, you might say) in action. This is a dynamic role, and furthermore involves more balanced levels of input from both parties. Actually, if you'll notice, Haruhi rarely ever explains at Kyon. The two instances I can think of are at the railroad crossing in Volume 1 Chapter 6 and in the hallway of the mansion in Snow Mountain Syndrome. In both instances, Kyon cannot demonstrate comprehension by responding meaningfully to Haruhi. On the other hand, their bond is best illustrated by unspoken understandings, such as that silence beneath the trees in the aftermath of Live Alive.

Anyway, though, that wasn't really my point. The main thing is how Kyon and Haruhi have a dynamic, active relationship with comparable levels of input (although, really, I guess you could say that it's forced on Kyon's part after the SOS Brigade is formed; he was the pursuer in the initial stages of their relationship, however). Haruhi demands participation from Kyon, a personal investment. Sasaki/Koizumi, however, appreciate him as a passive listener, and although this is a legitimate basis for a friendship, the potential for growth in their relationships with Kyon exist only to the extent that they have more to say.

Mm, all of this doesn't really deny attraction on Koizumi or Sasaki's part towards Kyon, though. A bit of a tangent, sorry.
Old 2007-10-24, 16:15   Link #739
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffx800 View Post
in episode 00, did haruhi made the script for that movie?
is the novel already finished or is it still ongoing?
how many seasons do you think haruhi suzumiya will have?
Yes, Haruhi came up with the script for the movie. Her inspiration came from what Kyon told her at the very end of Melancholy VI. This is explained in the second novel of the series.

The novel series is not finished yet.

No clue. We have enough novel material out so far for at least two more new one-cour seasons.
Old 2007-10-26, 02:26   Link #740
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
What colour is Haruhi's hair exactly? Depending on the level of detail and artwork, it seems to be black, "tea brown" or reddish brown.

Suiseisiki from Rozen Maiden seems to rotate between the last two as well...
The standard "black" hair of the Japanese I'd think. It's just colored up a shade to brown because that's just the art style. Most of the classmates have brown hair. So I take it this is the standard color for Japanese people in the show. (Of course, nobody really comments on the more exotic hair colors that named characters have.)

Black hair isn't really fully black. It's actually just a very very deep shade of brown. If you can get enough light shine through it, you can actually see the brown. This is particularly noticeable if the person in question has long hair.

Seriously, try it sometime with a friend's hair. Pluck out a few hairs and hold it up to a good light source.

I have two ideas about Haruhi's hair:
1) The artists are just being inconsistent.
2) You're seeing a shading effect of lighter and darker portions. This pretty much happens to every character in the anime. Occasionally it's because of a light source. Generally it just looks nicer to shade it that way for a neat little "shiny hair" effect.

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-10-26 at 02:52.
Closed Thread