AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-28, 11:50   Link #1881
Seihai
スマイリウム

A Certain Idiotic Amazing Puncher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666
Mugino = My WAIFU!
I don't know about you, but I prefer a lightning shock over melting body parts. D=

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno
she basically can manipulate electrons to shoot particle beams or create particle shields and such...
Would that explain Mugino's left arm at a later point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve
how can he be a level 5 instead of 0
Well, not knowing what his power's basic principle is, I guess it is safe to consider it's actual power output to be as "amazing" as that of a Level 5 at any rate.
Old 2010-02-28, 12:39   Link #1882
giorno

well, yes...it's the same principle as the electron shield she used in the latest chapter of rail gun against mikoto, she moves electrons to form a shield...in the same way, she should be able to move electrons to form an arm...

or something like that, someone with more knowledge about either toaruverse or physics could likely give you a better answer...
Old 2010-03-01, 10:00   Link #1883
tsunade666

if you prefer lightning over atomic reaction then good for you. The lightning is = 1 billion tsun tsun dere situation but the atomic reaction is rain of limit of melt down. Its her way of showing her yan yan dere side of love.

That could explain her temporary arm but I prefer if frog face do something for it.

With gunha having a mystery power well all gem stones are mystery and had no particular category that they belong with to begin with. So they only assume with its maximum or rather its power out put.
Old 2010-03-01, 11:16   Link #1884
LastResolve

maybe touma isnt even a gem
Old 2010-03-01, 13:40   Link #1885
tsunade666

his a gem. Crowley said that their are 3 confirmed gemstones. Touma, Gunha and Aisa.

And can you categorize their ability? answer ............ NO

Aisa's deep blood can't be even identified or clarified except its an ability meant to kill vampires and also Gunha. His ability makes me do wonders but doesn't fall on a certain category. And finally touma. Its not even detected in the test and it can't be seen or rather its full of mysteries.
Old 2010-03-01, 14:11   Link #1886
Seihai
スマイリウム

Sorry for sounding dumb, but can you elaborate on the 3 gems? Like their purpose and stuff.
If it was ever shown in the animes or partial translations of the TAMnI LN, then I'd even take Mugino's yandere pwnage as mental compensation.
Old 2010-03-01, 14:14   Link #1887
wanderingtree

When was it mentioned that Touma is a gem? And how many gems are there?
Old 2010-03-01, 16:18   Link #1888
LastResolve

there are less than 50 gems around the world and most likely 3 in the city and so far it seems their abillities are a mystery even to themselfs

i got this idea that maybe touma is adopted and that might hide the truth behind imagine breaker his parents (the true ones) but since he lost his memories he wont notice so that must be the whole reason that the writter made him lose his memories
Old 2010-03-01, 17:51   Link #1889
sasuke706

Question about The Queen, what are the specifics of her power? Well, terms of use, you could say. Like, before Touma got amnesia, I believe he stated something along the lines of 'an esper than can alter memories with a single touch', so does she have to touch them to perform any memory altering abilities? Hell, can't really imagine anything but her telepathy being ranged for being ranked fifth.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2010-03-02 at 00:44.
Old 2010-03-01, 18:48   Link #1890
Miraluka
Banned

Baka tsuki updates
Volume 7 Chapter 2 part 4

Volume 13 Chapter 8 part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Question about The Queen, what are the specifics of her power? Well, terms of use, you could say. Like, before Touma got amnesia, I believe he stated something along the lines of 'an esper than can alter memories with a single touch', so does she have to touch them to perform any memory altering abilities? Hell, can't really imagine anything but her telepathy being ranged for being ranked fifth.
She is a telepath and can do the next:
- Reading of other person's memory
- Changing a person's personality by means of brain-wash
- Telepathy
- Memory elimination
- Amplification of will
- Reproduction of thought
- Transplantation of emotion
Old 2010-03-01, 19:01   Link #1891
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Unfortunately, she can't restore memories which are destroyed, like in Touma's case.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-03-01, 21:18   Link #1892
Welgaia

She could transplant memories of his close friends and relatives about him though.
Old 2010-03-01, 22:31   Link #1893
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welgaia View Post
She could transplant memories of his close friends and relatives about him though.
Points of view.
Old 2010-03-02, 01:21   Link #1894
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingtree View Post
When was it mentioned that Touma is a gem? And how many gems are there?
I took a flip through my friend's copy of SS2, and from what little i can glean off it, there are around 50 Gemstones(i need someone to clarify this. god knows how many times i've misintepreted stuff). Also, in said chapter of SS2, Imagine Breaker is also classified as a "gemstone" ability along with Deep Blood.
Old 2010-03-02, 01:59   Link #1895
tsunade666

less than 50 in the whole world are gemstones and less than 20 in the whole world are saints.

While the power of the saints equates the power of nuclear weapons. Academy city's number 1 and 2 said had their own. The one who bears the power of god and the one who equates the god.

Gemstones and Saints are Talents that had been the point of envy of anyone thus leading on the creation of espers as for people who can't become espers they become magicians.
Old 2010-03-02, 03:28   Link #1896
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

D: Nuclear weapons!?

Was it mentioned in the novels... or its a wild guess?
Old 2010-03-02, 04:30   Link #1897
tsunade666

in vol 07.

Kaori is compare to nuke weapons. That's why its bad if she gone wild hunt against the Royal Knights of England. It will turn into war and that result on Laura sending Styl to get index with touma and get the book of law plus ursula before kaori will go all out war.

The power of saints are massive that if they run wild they could destroy the world. That's why they are been in constant check by the churches.
Old 2010-03-02, 07:49   Link #1898
LastResolve

kanzaki isnt that strong i believe level 5's can beat her guhna railgun accelarator kakine mugino can defeat her easily
Old 2010-03-02, 09:04   Link #1899
Seihai
スマイリウム

I believe Kanzaki hasn't shown her real powers yet.
I imagine her having some kind of overlimit mode where she unleashes her true powers thanks to that Stigma.
And it isn't said that she can survive a nuclear bomb, but her power reaches that of one.
If she was an ordinary magician I wonder if she would have been able to defend against Misha in the Angel Fall arc.

And I personally don't compare the magic side with the science side as for who's stronger etc.
Kanzaki and the Level 5 espers are all strong in a sense but they all have weak points, too.

Edit: Toma pwns Accelerator anyway, so guessing who can beat who is kinda meaningless. XD

Last edited by Seihai; 2010-03-02 at 09:27.
Old 2010-03-02, 09:57   Link #1900
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Toma pwns Accelerator anyway, so guessing who can beat who is kinda meaningless. XD
Nah. If Accelerator learns how to keep his distance, which he should have, then Touma has no hope of beating him again. Accelerator lost simply because he just stood there and took all the blows, probably trying to include whatever he thought was hitting him into his redirection filter.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen