AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-10, 11:11   Link #1
Archilla

High School DxD Light Novel Feats Resource/Discussion thread

Hello and welcome to the High School DxD Light Novel Feats Resource/Discussion thread!

You're probably confused as to what this is. This thread is a place to discuss, discover, and eventually catalogue the recorded, provable, and implied strengths/speeds/abilities/weaknesses/victories of characters, and a place to use this info to ask the age-old question: "Who wins?"

The intention of having this thread (and not just lumping it into the Powers thread) is to create our very own separate, updated, and non-suffocating version of something like the VS Wiki. Something people can reference and use as a resource for discussion.

For instance; if you'd like to talk about how cool the Fairy Wyverns are, or what Issei's next power will be, the Powers thread is the best bet. If you want to talk about how much damage you think Longinus Smasher can do, or want to help us figure out how fast Vali really is, come on in.

Ideally, this thread will eventually have updated posts for various characters that people can check to see what their best determined strength/abilities are.

If this is your kinda thread, hop in!

MOD EDIT: And now the thread rules:
Quote:
As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or source illustrations
  • No posting translations of the source itself
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 11:17   Link #2
Archilla

Issei Hyoudou

Destructive Capability: Island+ Busting

We came to this conclusion based off of Issei's Kyoto busting and destabilling of Dimension Lost feat, and subsequent powered up versions of his Dragon Blaster, namely Crimson Blaster and Longinus Smasher. This conclusion does not factor in Issei's highest possible boost multiplier potential, but instead assumes a moderate amount. As such, this is not Issei's highest theoretical damage output, but rather his highest reasonable damage.

Last edited by Archilla; 2015-05-12 at 21:12.
Old 2015-05-10, 11:19   Link #3
Hk1117

Vali wins, hands down. Ise still isn't a threat to him at this point. Though I wager it'll be slightly more even a match if they fight in their current states.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 11:28   Link #4
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
Vali wins, hands down. Ise still isn't a threat to him at this point. Though I wager it'll be slightly more even a match if they fight in their current states.
That's only if Vali manages to hit Ise while on EJOD. If Ise manages to avoid his attacks, after a few seconds Vali would be exhausted and Ise wins.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 11:30   Link #5
Archilla

Quote:
While I agree that Vali is more powerful, we really need to see what LS can do before we can accurately gauge where they're both at.

Also, this isn't a solely Issei vs. Vali thread btw. It's for everyone and everything.
Old 2015-05-10, 11:33   Link #6
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
That's only if Vali manages to hit Ise while on EJOD. If Ise manages to avoid his attacks, after a few seconds Vali would be exhausted and Ise wins.
you know that is a big fucking IF, right?
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 11:37   Link #7
Archilla

Quote:
you know that is a big fucking IF, right?
We've got practically no info on EJOD. We know it insta-stomped a dude once, and that's it. Compression Divider is pretty much still a mystery. It's even less well defined than LS.
Old 2015-05-10, 11:43   Link #8
Chichiryuushintei

What GDK1 said.

But hey, do you guys think the Super-Devils are stronger than the Heavenly Dragons (at their prime of course)? Because, from what I remember from V16, Crom had a much more menacing aura than Rizevim, but we also know from the spoilers from V18 that Rizevim has a "split" personality where he's child-like most of the time, but gets serious when something "big" happens, like Ise punching him with a SG ability even though he can cancel SG-related abilities... Man this is confusing. lol (haven't read it myself, so can't say much)
Old 2015-05-10, 11:47   Link #9
Archilla

Quote:
What GDK1 said.

But hey, do you guys think the Super-Devils are stronger than the Heavenly Dragons (at their prime of course)?
Hard to say. True Form Sirzechs has gotten serious lipservice, but Ddraig and Albion keep pulling hax abilities out of nowhere. We'll probably find out at the end of this arc. I'm seeing a 3-way super devil BRAWL.
Old 2015-05-10, 13:17   Link #10
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
What GDK1 said.

But hey, do you guys think the Super-Devils are stronger than the Heavenly Dragons (at their prime of course)? Because, from what I remember from V16, Crom had a much more menacing aura than Rizevim, but we also know from the spoilers from V18 that Rizevim has a "split" personality where he's child-like most of the time, but gets serious when something "big" happens, like Ise punching him with a SG ability even though he can cancel SG-related abilities... Man this is confusing. lol (haven't read it myself, so can't say much)
The heavenly dragons in their prime are superior to the super-devils. Without knowing much about the dragons original powers you have to look at the fact that these guys fighting was enough trouble that they had to be split up like that. Rizevim is powerful to be sure but his SG canceller would be useless against original Ddriag and Albion. And if u assume that Boost and divide are original abilities and they can be used infinitely i'd say they'd lose almost guaranteed.

No doubt the Super Devils are powerful but considering that we're talking original power Ddraig and Albion are fierce.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 13:50   Link #11
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The heavenly dragons in their prime are superior to the super-devils. Without knowing much about the dragons original powers you have to look at the fact that these guys fighting was enough trouble that they had to be split up like that. Rizevim is powerful to be sure but his SG canceller would be useless against original Ddriag and Albion. And if u assume that Boost and divide are original abilities and they can be used infinitely i'd say they'd lose almost guaranteed.

No doubt the Super Devils are powerful but considering that we're talking original power Ddraig and Albion are fierce.
But was that the current Maou or the old ones that were stopping them? If it was the previous, then there's nothing to base that upon considering Sirzechs is 100x stronger than them.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 13:59   Link #12
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
But was that the current Maou or the old ones that were stopping them? If it was the previous, then there's nothing to base that upon considering Sirzechs is 100x stronger than them.
Sirzechs is actually 10x stronger than the Original Lucifer (Or was it the 4 original Maou combined?) according to Hades. But yeah, we never saw a Super-Devil fight seriously, the same way we never say a Heavenly Dragon fight seriously, so comparing both is just speculation. (I say that even when I'm the one who asked first, I'm that consistent lol)

Before someone think of mentioning Fenrir, I refuse to believe he was as strong as a Heavenly Dragon and wasn't able to kill one single person in V7.
Old 2015-05-10, 14:08   Link #13
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Sirzechs is actually 10x stronger than the Original Lucifer (Or was it the 4 original Maou combined?) according to Hades. But yeah, we never saw a Super-Devil fight seriously, the same way we never say a Heavenly Dragon fight seriously, so comparing both is just speculation. (I say that even when I'm the one who asked first, I'm that consistent lol)

Before someone think of mentioning Fenrir, I refuse to believe he was as strong as a Heavenly Dragon and wasn't able to kill one single person in V7.
It was either 10 or 100 I'm not sure. And the only reason Fenrir is considered that level is probably because of his threat level, not his actual strength.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 14:13   Link #14
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
It was either 10 or 100 I'm not sure. And the only reason Fenrir is considered that level is probably because of his threat level, not his actual strength.
It was actually said in the LN he rivals the Heavenly Dragons in their Prime. The worst mistake Ishibumi ever did.
Old 2015-05-10, 14:18   Link #15
Tbolt

The proof in the Dragons being the strongest was already in the LN, the three powers had to stop the war to deal with the two Dragons. If there was one person who could have delt with the two Dragons that person would have taken care of the problem.
Old 2015-05-10, 14:43   Link #16
Royalknightftw

Quote:
It was actually said in the LN he rivals the Heavenly Dragons in their Prime. The worst mistake Ishibumi ever did.
I believe Fenrir does, he took down Tannin who is a dragon king in just a matter of second. Look, Fenrir is not as destructive as Ddraig or Albion, however it is as dangerous as Heavenly Dragons, no doubt about it. The reason why fenrir looked weak in the LN is because Gleipnir
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 14:47   Link #17
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
I believe Fenrir does, he took down Tannin who is a dragon king in just a matter of second. Look, Fenrir is not as destructive as Ddraig or Albion, however it is as dangerous as Heavenly Dragons, no doubt about it. The reason why fenrir looked weak in the LN is because Gleipnir
There was no Gleipnir in the first fight. If Ise can match his speed with a burst of rage and manage to land a hit on him that would make him stop, then he's not as strong as a Heavenly Dragon.
Old 2015-05-10, 15:02   Link #18
Royalknightftw

Quote:
There was no Gleipnir in the first fight. If Ise can match his speed with a burst of rage and manage to land a hit on him that would make him stop, then he's not as strong as a Heavenly Dragon.
It was pure accident, he knew the person he loved most was in danger thus his feelings managed to give him "powerup" for a moment (Not even normal Ddraig could pull that kind of stunt). Bet issei could not do the same thing again. There was Azazel, Baraqiel, even Odin in that fight,all of them are experienced fighters but not one of them could react when Fenrir tried to kill Rias.
Old 2015-05-10, 15:10   Link #19
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
It was pure accident, he knew the person he loved most was in danger thus his feelings managed to give him "powerup" for a moment (Not even normal Ddraig could pull that kind of stunt). Bet issei could not do the same thing again. There was Azazel, Baraqiel, even Odin in that fight,all of them are experienced fighters but not one of them could react when Fenrir tried to kill Rias.
So a burst of strenght out of despair can make Ise move faster Heavenly Dragon? No way in hell that can happen, he moved far faster than normal, yes, but moving at the speed of a being in the Top 10 Strongest is complete bullshit. Even having Asia die couldn't unlock a complete JD, only an incomplete one.

Two HD caused 3 whole armies of super-powerful beings join forces to seal them.

Fenrir was hyped as being as strong as them, but never did anything that was as impressive as that.
Old 2015-05-10, 15:22   Link #20
Royalknightftw

Quote:
So a burst of strenght out of despair can make Ise move faster Heavenly Dragon? No way in hell that can happen, he moved far faster than normal, yes, but moving at the speed of a being in the Top 10 Strongest is complete bullshit. Even having Asia die couldn't unlock a complete JD, only an incomplete one.

Two HD caused 3 whole armies of super-powerful beings join forces to seal them.

Fenrir was hyped as being as strong as them, but never did anything that was as impressive as that.
Well yeah, this is a series where "feeling" overcomes anything. Maybe even ddraig never realized his full power. Lets say an unsealed ddraig could match fenrir's speed, does that mean ddraig can beat fenrir?? Probably no

Fenrir was under Loki's control so it could not run amok as two HD did and there was Gleipnir, specially created to immobilize it.