AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-06-07, 07:13   Link #1
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Guilty Crown - General Discussion

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ed-on-new-work

This is one of October 2011's noitaminA shows.

Director: Tetsuro Araki
Series Editor: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Assistant Series Editor: Ichiro Okouchi
Original Character Designs: redjuice
Music: ryo (supercell)
Production: Production IG Studio 6

Quote:
The story revolved around Shū Ouma, an unsociable 17-year-old second-year high school student, and a 17-year-old rival named Gai Tsutsugami who is a young "Jiikundō" pilot of a guerilla organization.
Official Site: http://www.guilty-crown.jp/

Animation character design art:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post

Trailer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post

Youtube version.

Last edited by duckroll; 2011-08-01 at 11:09.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 09:04   Link #2
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Some peek to the chara design.

Old 2011-06-07, 12:19   Link #3
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

This makes the third mecha anime for the Fall season. Looks like its coming back in fashion ...

This looks like having the potential a really fun (if dumb) series, though I'm not sure about a mecha noitaminA anime.

So any news on the second show?
Old 2011-06-07, 12:28   Link #4
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

What?
This is mecha anime?
Old 2011-06-07, 12:32   Link #5
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Isn't it? I mean there is piloting stuff, emo teenagers, Tetsuro Araki and Yoshino, so I'm assuming it's mecha.
Old 2011-06-07, 12:33   Link #6
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

>mfw dat staff

Holy shit, Tetsuro, Hiroyuki, and Okouchi all working on a single project? With supercell desings? My body...it will never be ready for this.
Old 2011-06-07, 12:39   Link #7
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I probably should be more excited about this, but at this point, after seeing all the unbelievable things this year in anime, I'm sort of ready to believe anything at this point lol
Old 2011-06-07, 14:14   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That staff line-up has me hyped.
Old 2011-06-07, 15:28   Link #9
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Sounds interesting, I'll watch it.
Old 2011-06-07, 16:21   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Isn't it? I mean there is piloting stuff, emo teenagers, Tetsuro Araki and Yoshino, so I'm assuming it's mecha.
I don't necessarily think pretty boy is synonymous with emo.

Though "Guilty Crown" does somehow have a mecha ring to it. Not sure what it is, but I think you're going to prove to be spot on. That and the pilot thing does kind of give it a way.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 16:55   Link #11
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

>unsociable 17 year old

That's where emo comes from.
Old 2011-06-07, 17:00   Link #12
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Given the nature of the studio and cast and - especially - that it's NoitaminA I certainly don't expect this to be dumb.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 18:14   Link #13
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

by some reason it sound like code geass

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 18:30   Link #14
Xander

The funny thing is Okouchi was the main writer in Code Geass and Yoshino was the assistant...but here it's the opposite.

In any event, the premise doesn't really scream anything particularly interesting just yet but I'll certainly give it a chance.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 21:53   Link #15
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Given the nature of the studio and cast and - especially - that it's NoitaminA I certainly don't expect this to be dumb.
Eh, its IG sixths division, Its full of new animator that need learning curve.. Though they handle some big project like Basara, but still I don't think that enough to make this like safe bet or something by IG name alone.
Old 2011-06-08, 04:02   Link #16
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Sorry I wasn't able to post more detailed earlier. Here's a translation of the characters introduced so far:

Shu Ouma - 17 years old. The main character. His right hand holds a special ability - The King's Power. He is able to extract something known as "Void" from his allies. "Void" is a physical manifestation of a person's personality, and can take the form of a sword, or a musical instrument, or a camera. To apply this ability in combat, he has no choice but to make friends.

Gai Tsutsugami - 17 years old. Young leader of the "Undertakers" gureilla organization. He has great charisma and physical strength, and pilots the Jeet Kune Do.

Inori Yuzuriha - 16 years old. She is the voice of the internet artist Egoist. She is also a member of the "Undertakers".

Tsugumi - 14 years old. She's an excellent hacker who serves as the operator for the "Undertakers".

Ayase Shinomiya - 17 years old. A wheelchair-bound girl who pilots End Rave for the "Undertakers".

Edit: Here's a 2meg scan of the full color character designs. That's Gai, Inori, and Shu: http://imgur.com/n2xKN

Edit2: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=300032&show=0

Quote:
The story takes place in Tokyo in 2039. After the outbreak of the unidentified virus "Lost Christmas" in 2029, Japan has been under the control of a multi-nation organization called GHQ. Ohma Shu is a 17 year old boy who has a psychic power in his right hand. He can use the power "Ability of King" to extract tools or weapons from his friends. He has been avoiding making trouble for others but his life changes when he meets a girl Yuzuriha Inori, a member of a resistance guerrilla group called "Undertaker".

Last edited by duckroll; 2011-06-08 at 04:20.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 06:49   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Shu Ouma - 17 years old. The main character. His right hand holds a special ability - The King's Power. He is able to extract something known as "Void" from his allies. "Void" is a physical manifestation of a person's personality, and can take the form of a sword, or a musical instrument, or a camera. To apply this ability in combat, he has no choice but to make friends.
The strength of your social links will determine your potential.

This sounds very promising. Thanks for the translations, duckroll.
Old 2011-06-08, 07:22   Link #18
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't necessarily think pretty boy is synonymous with emo.
Like Suzuku had said, it was the unsociable 17 year old that gave me that impression. Not to mention that apparently the premise of the show revolves around that aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Though "Guilty Crown" does somehow have a mecha ring to it. Not sure what it is, but I think you're going to prove to be spot on. That and the pilot thing does kind of give it a way.
Well, after the new info, it does seem to involve mecha, but is more of a si-fi/social commentary anime now. Then again, the whole thing is pretty vague (the main character is apparently able to have a choice of 3 items, but is also able to pilot stuff)

We'll see. I'm still unsure about this show being a noitaminA anime as a good idea, but it does sound interesting enough at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Given the nature of the staff(the director of Death Note and High School of the dead, writers of Macross and Code Geass), I don't expect it to be deep. In fact, I think that it's going to be rather fun series to watch, but is going be dumb in the same way HSotD and Death Note were (i.e. having many nonsensical moments) Also, being NoitaminA show these days is no longer a sign of quality anymore, nor of the sort of shows the slot used to be famous for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
-snip-
Much thanks for the translation and information.

So apparently, we are going to be using the Power of Friendship to combat mecha now seems interesting enough, like a cross between Code Geass and Persona in a post-apocalyptic setting with hints of social commentary.
Old 2011-06-08, 07:24   Link #19
AleX_MytH

Quote:
The strength of your social links will determine your potential.
Interesting. "Persona 4: The Animation" and "Guilty Crown" will be aired this fall. Just coincidence?..
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:23   Link #20
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Fall seems to be packed with some really heavy hitters. Persona 4, Gundam, Shana, Gothicmade, Fate/Zero, Rurouni Kenshin ...

And now Guilty Crown as well.

2011 is gonna end with a bang

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig