AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 20 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 27.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-21, 00:46   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - S2 - Episode 03 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Horizon S2, Episode 03.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:03   Link #2
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Here's to another episode of Hair-rizon!
Old 2012-07-21, 11:51   Link #3
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Let Nate have a major roll in this episode.
Old 2012-07-21, 13:39   Link #4
Kunagisa

Spoiler for oh god my heart:

Oh Horie confirmed

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-07-21 at 14:16.
Old 2012-07-21, 14:41   Link #5
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-07-21, 14:48   Link #6
classic

Holy Crab!
She easly gets in the top 5 breast size competition in Horizon universe so far.
Old 2012-07-21, 15:22   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Holy Crab!
She easly gets in the top 5 breast size competition in Horizon universe so far.
tenzou hits the jackpot
Old 2012-07-21, 17:04   Link #8
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
tenzou hits the jackpot
Oh, hells yeah.
Old 2012-07-21, 19:17   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just finish the raw, i don't need the subs to give this ep a grade.

It is a 9.
Old 2012-07-21, 20:52   Link #10
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
tenzou hits the jackpot
Oh man his reaction when being called Tenzou-sama too.

Highlights of this episode for me, the negotiation with England in the second half especially the beginning and leading up to the "Triple Accel Dogeza" from Shirojiro. Also the poor normal student being subjected to Toori running naked by her in the hallway of the transport ship.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-07-22, 01:17   Link #11
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

definitely need more kicks to push the story forward
It's about time
Old 2012-07-22, 01:22   Link #12
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Deym tits. O_O
You're so lucky, Tenzou. ;_;
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:17   Link #13
tsunade666

Lucky is an understatement for Tenzou. Its TERRA LUCKY!!! (*_*)b

That guy hit a million jackpot there.

The second half is a heated debate by Shiro and the 4 eyes that did a dogeza but easily beaten by triple accel dogeza. (and that triple accel dogeza ended up with a burning mark on the floor)

Masazumi aim is not to be underestimated too. I didn't even see Torii's position but her angle throw hit it, it the head.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:32   Link #14
Dynellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Masazumi aim is not to be underestimated too. I didn't even see Torii's position but her angle throw hit it, it the head.
She's been taking lessons from Tomo I guess.
Old 2012-07-22, 03:02   Link #15
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Highlights of this episode for me, the negotiation with England in the second half especially the beginning and leading up to the "Triple Accel Dogeza" from Shirojiro.
Me too, which is the main reason why I gave this episode a 10. This part got condensed a lot, but they still managed to hit all the key points. Compare to the previous "Shirojiro episode", this is much better. I'd imagine it would take a couple of re-watches to sort out what's exactly going on. The chatting windows (which are insanely, insanely cute, but we'll never see Suzu's avatar ;__;)'s messages are kinda important but not really since they did narrate most of them, so if by some weird chances that CR didn't TL them, you'll only miss like a few lines (well all of Kimi's at the end but she's just saying Suzu's perfect for the hostage role because of her "sonar" ability, so she can also investigate London Tower). Shiro and Heidi are definitely very shrewd despite their perfect smiles, which is definitely part of their charms.

If we ever get season 4 (lol yeah right), Nana will be perfect for Shigezane's role, the we just need Wakamoto as some random guy from Oda faction and this will officially beast Dog Days in the VA cast

Oh, mfw Kyon only has to grunt in this episode and gets paid the same as the other VAs; being Muneshige isn't so bad afterall hahahhaa.

EDIT: Woops, forgot to say that I hope Horie sings a character song, Dog Days ED

EDIT2: Horako punchhhh
Spoiler for blood:

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-07-22 at 03:21.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:41   Link #16
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ohhh...so that's how Kawakami envisoned all those chat message formats....Damned cute.

Bel-chan....finally you're going to get some action...so proud of you...

Quote:
(which are insanely, insanely cute, but we'll never see Suzu's avatar ;__'s messages are kinda important but not really since they did narrate most of them, so if by some weird chances that CR didn't TL them, you'll only miss like a few lines (well all of Kimi's at the end but she's just saying Suzu's perfect for the hostage role because of her "sonar" ability, so she can also investigate London Tower). Shiro and Heidi are definitely very shrewd despite their perfect smiles, which is definitely part of their charms.
Which would be implied from earlier anyway since Bel-chan seemed apprehensive about the Tower....

Heidi needn't have said the negotiations smelled of bad faith. It was painfully obvious.

Quote:
If we ever get season 4 (lol yeah right), Nana will be perfect for Shigezane's role, the we just need Wakamoto as some random guy from Oda faction
Why not...it may be possible we get S4 you know...

You mean Nana Mizuki?

If PA O.D.A, Wakamoto bests fits Shibata Katsuie
Old 2012-07-22, 13:47   Link #17
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Spoiler for oh god my heart:

Mary's large tracts of land aside, I have to say she's......beautiful

I actually ended up staring at her face much longer than I thought I would

Tenzou you lucky b******
Old 2012-07-22, 14:00   Link #18
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Heidi needn't have said the negotiations smelled of bad faith. It was painfully obvious.
But ... but Howard dogeza'd!!!! Hahaha, but I do agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Why not...it may be possible we get S4 you know...

You mean Nana Mizuki?

If PA O.D.A, Wakamoto bests fits Shibata Katsuie
Yup, Nana Mizuki. I wouldn't mind having the entire Dog Days cast in here actually (and it's slowly looking like that way); it is definitely possible to get S4, but Bandai and ASCII Media Works are definitely not giving this as much money as Gundam or Accel world for obvious reasons (merchandise + anniversary). The revenue generated from late night anime is not really a main source for Sunrise (I mean Phi Brain got season 2 because it was pretty popular with kids and that was cheaper to produce and they get way better ads revenue because of the time slot). The fact that one twitter comment said Horizon ended up with the newbie key animators and Accel have the veteran ones show the lower budget.

In retrospective, 2 seasons are likely planned from the beginning, so I'm not sure how willing they'll continue to animate this because for one Kawakami's novels aren't exactly getting HUGEEE boosts in sales (though there is that one ad that showed the total shipment figure doubled or tripled I forget which one) compare to say Hyouka and Durarara etc. Unless the sales end up higher than season 1, which has nearly 25k vol1 and an average of 21k, I don't see why they would want to continue making this besides that they LOVE this series (which is also true).

TL;DR: Yeah they can but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, apparently those twitter comments are on the Q+A and they have been since season 1, I totally forgot about them being there. http://www18.atwiki.jp/senesis/pages/80.html <--- episode 3's Q+A's updated and I lol'ed like crazy at how long it is. Have fun translating Zero! (just translate the 一行で and be done with it (Ő‿Ő✿))
Old 2012-07-22, 14:14   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

In retrospective, 2 seasons are likely planned from the beginning, so I'm not sure how willing they'll continue to animate this because for one Kawakami's novels aren't exactly getting HUGEEE boosts in sales (though there is that one ad that showed the total shipment figure doubled or tripled I forget which one) compare to say Hyouka and Durarara etc. Unless the sales end up higher than season 1, which has nearly 25k vol1 and an average of 21k, I don't see why they would want to continue making this besides that they LOVE this series (which is also true).
Season 2 might have been plan before hand but if S1 had sold badly there would be no season 2.

I don't see any reason why Sunrise wouldn't continue making more Horizon. Series that avg 20k don't fall form trees. Besides BR and Novels, there are other merchandise Sunrise and the publisher can cash in on, Figures, Mech Model Kits and a soon to be release video game.
Old 2012-07-22, 14:20   Link #20
sento

Quote:
Unless the sales end up higher than season 1, which has nearly 25k vol1 and an average of 21k, I don't see why they would want to continue making this besides that they LOVE this series (which is also true).
Because 25k sales are very very good sales for anime.

Horizon is the most pre-ordered anime this season. It will be very stupid to not milk the cow until the end.
Closed Thread