AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-09, 17:41   Link #1981
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Flere821
Which reminds me, didn't SAO also had a "certain girl" become a 15cm fairy in the "second part"?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 17:42   Link #1982
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Flere821
Which reminds me, didn't SAO also had a "certain girl" become a 15cm fairy in the "second part"?
I actually said that awhile ago, seems nobody looked at it,
Spoiler for SAO:

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 17:48   Link #1983
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Flere821
I was more thinking of in the more narrow criteria of "being a possible love interest to the protagonist" and "have godlike power in-setting", parallel to the Othinus case; and the SAO example don't have those two
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 17:52   Link #1984
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCow65 View Post
Hi nice to meet you all~

I actually think that this volume is great, it had comedy at the beginning, something that was needed after NT9, I don´t know why people started to call it a bad volume but I guess we can wait for a new arc next volume, having Othinus as a fairy could be of great help actually, as a partner in school, for Touma laughing at him or helping him studying or a new source of info, since she knows much about gods and beyond.
Welcome, don't mind being swept up in the backlog, things are a bit crazy around this time .
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 18:05   Link #1985
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

So granted things end the way it's supposedly going, maybe it's a fourth parter; Therefor Othinus still needs to get her eye. Nothing's been said about that.

To me we are still missing a lot of relevant info.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-09, 18:07   Link #1986
Haigon

Holy crap, the tears here are delicious.

Some people should take shipping way less serious.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 18:08   Link #1987
zerozeronine

for the Mikoto hate train,so every development Kamachi gives her you speculate Miki forced it?Kamachi will be stupid if he didn't use her popularity in Japan to give her more scene time in the novels to increase sales.But popularity also doesn't mean she'll be the end girl (if Index will ever have one,I still think it'll be Index herself since she's the titular character and it'll be weird if she loses out with another girl).

I also remember the comparison to the Haganai thread about popularity of characters,it seems if you don't like the character that is getting development it's irrelevant or seems forced in the story

Othinus as a 15 cm fairy,what's not to love?
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 18:09   Link #1988
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Holy crap, the tears here are delicious.

Some people should take shipping way less serious.
Well for me, yeah shipping is good and all and I'd like certain pairings to be true and what not, but I don't want a crappy ending regardless of shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Some people like me, find it a bit insulting. to me it doesn't fit. but Like I've said before I'll be reading the novel for myself for the truths.

Old 2014-05-09, 18:12   Link #1989
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Well for me, yeah shipping is good and all and I'd like certain pairings to be true and what not, but I don't want a crappy ending regardless of shipping.
Like? She becoming human with sugar and rainbows? Please, that was the best outcome for her.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 18:13   Link #1990
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Some people like me, find it a bit insulting. to me it doesn't fit. but Like I've said before I'll be reading the novel for myself for the truths.

Well if those spoilers were true we still have to see how it turns out in the next few novels,if ever Othinus becomes another freeloader in Touma's place
Old 2014-05-09, 18:16   Link #1991
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Well it those spoilers were true we still have to see how it turns out in the next few novels,if ever Othinus becomes another freeloader in Touma's place
I'm not denying the possibility, but until I see it with m own eyes I don't believe.

Also while Othinus becoming another freeloader would be cool in it's own way; please don't degrade her character like that. If you know what I mean.

Old 2014-05-09, 18:19   Link #1992
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
for the Mikoto hate train,so every development Kamachi gives her you speculate Miki forced it?Kamachi will be stupid if he didn't use her popularity in Japan to give her more scene time in the novels to increase sales.But popularity also doesn't mean she'll be the end girl (if Index will ever have one,I still think it'll be Index herself since she's the titular character and it'll be weird if she loses out with another girl).

I also remember the comparison to the Haganai thread about popularity of characters,it seems if you don't like the character that is getting development it's irrelevant or seems forced in the story

Yeah but just because Index is the titular (not anymore since the soft reboot to New Testament and there are various protagonists) character doesn't mean she'll be the end girl either (looks at TWGOK, loved that ending), who knows maybe the series will run long enough for us to end up dying of old age and never finding out, I mean there is a reason we call him Kamachi.exe.

@Ravagerblade:

But we've know she's been turning into a fairy since NT.8, where was your disappointment then? It's not like it was a surprise or a sudden asspull by Kamachi.
Old 2014-05-09, 18:21   Link #1993
Sacredus

If Mikki would let another girls end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Like? She becoming human with sugar and rainbows? Please, that was the best outcome for her.
1. She should become a human.
2. Touma should protect her

EDIT: I won't join discussion until summary is out, but like I already said, this is most probably end of Index for me.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 18:25   Link #1994
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Yeah but just because Index is the titular (not anymore since the soft reboot to New Testament and there are various protagonists) character doesn't mean she'll be the end girl either (looks at TWGOK, loved that ending), who knows maybe the series will run long enough for us to end up dying of old age and never finding out, I mean there is a reason we call him Kamachi.exe.

@Ravagerblade:

But we've know she's been turning into a fairy since NT.8, where was your disappointment then? It's not like it was a surprise or a sudden asspull by Kamachi.
The disappointment is the 15cm... It's BS. It's more pixie than fairy.
I don't find it funny as of this moment. I don't know what I'm truly feeling.

Old 2014-05-09, 18:27   Link #1995
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
But the series is still more known as Index But it'll probably end in an open ending with Touma not choosing anyone and will be relaunched in a couple of years again with a new title and the never ending story of Kamijou Touma will start again

I still find it funny that the series 2 main heroines (Mikoto and Index) are also the 2 most hated girls in this thread
Old 2014-05-09, 18:31   Link #1996
coded321
He Who Games

why does it annoy me and others so much that othinus was turned into a 15 cm fairy?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 18:32   Link #1997
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Because it seems so silly for a situation so serious
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 18:34   Link #1998
coded321
He Who Games

i really do hope she returns to normal size in future novels...
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 18:34   Link #1999
Miraluka
Banned

That's the main complain than any other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
i really do hope she returns to normal size in future novels...
+1
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 18:43   Link #2000
Phibrizzo
Honos628

that's entire possible, she should still have magic as a fairy.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss rush, denmark