AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-10-31, 13:04   Link #881
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
German BBs need to be specced either purely main guns or purely secondaries. Personally, I go for secondaries in my Tirpitz because I like to get up-close and personal and make my enemies uncomfortable with my super-aggressive bow-in tactics. At that range, the gun accuracy doesn't seem as punishing dispersion-wise, and my secondaries can do some serious work. If you're the kind of player that's going to play German BBs similarly to other BBs, I would definitely run a main guns build. Either way can work great, but it does depend on your play style.

I go for secondary build on my Tirpitz and I go for main gun build on my Yamato.
Too bad secondary builds aren't that great anymore with RNBB around. Just two salvo from a Lion or Conqueror will knock out most of your secondaries each side. Also kills your AA for easy CV drops. It seems that Bismark is the weakest T8 BB in the game right now since it can't be effective at its only quirk.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 15:42   Link #882
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Too bad secondary builds aren't that great anymore with RNBB around. Just two salvo from a Lion or Conqueror will knock out most of your secondaries each side. Also kills your AA for easy CV drops. It seems that Bismark is the weakest T8 BB in the game right now since it can't be effective at its only quirk.
Not really if you use the secondary mod that keeps them alive.
If your going with a seconds build then you really should be using the mod.
You will be pewpewing with seconds all day long.
Old 2017-11-01, 18:39   Link #883
Pen3

I just started playing Warplanes 2.0 yesterday for a change of pace and was wondering if anyone picked it up recently? I need a friend to division up with if interested. I only have up to tier 4 at the moment.
Old 2017-11-01, 21:48   Link #884
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I just started playing Warplanes 2.0 yesterday for a change of pace and was wondering if anyone picked it up recently? I need a friend to division up with if interested. I only have up to tier 4 at the moment.
I played it a back when it came out, I didn't think it was bad except matches would be done in matter of minutes. Respawn was a very good decision, that said I can't get a good feel for my joystick with this game anymore, it just plain plays better with the mouse. Other than that I have no desire to play it
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 02:33   Link #885
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Got my Ibuki and Nicholas...and now feel completely burnt out. I'm not even in the mood to grind my other ships or collect Yamamoto Isoroku collectibles (the unlockable camos are of interest to me, especially if they're perma-camos).

I'm <20K XP away from the Neptune (I could easily free-XP it, but as I said, no touchy anymore) and the Edinburgh grind is soul-wrenching. That ship must be coated in nitroglycerin-based paint or something, because even the slightest brush or scratch with enemy shells will annihilate vast gobs of your HP. Hopefully the announced changes in smoke deployment for the RN CA/CL line will alleviate the pain, but I don't really feel the desire to open the game nowadays.

Time to take a break...

EDIT: nvm, the "alternate camo" is actually nothing more than the ability switch normal camos' (Type 1, 2, 5, etc) colors from green to blue. You still have to buy/earn the camos and you don't get extra rewards (like 10% cost reduction or 50% captain skill boost). https://imgur.com/a/yqNja

Last edited by Renegade334; 2017-11-02 at 03:23.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 19:29   Link #886
Psyco Diver

Taking a break it seems, the Russian battleship mission has taken it out of me again because I haven't had much reason to play. I have all the ships I want, none of the other lines make me crave them. The new USN Cruiser line split looks interesting and I think I might dab in that
Old 2017-11-05, 02:59   Link #887
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

In the same position, my friend. Same position.

The split is indeed interesting, though many of the cruisers will probably feel like a up- or down-tiered Baltimore with either one more aft turret or those elusive US CA torpedo launchers (T9 Buffalo). The Helena, in particular, feels like an American Mogami (no coincidence: the St Louis class was the USN's deliberate attempt to match the Japanese Mogami class [155mm config.] in terms of speed, armor and firepower...with the exception of the torpedo complement) with its 152mm ABC-XY turret setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_octavian on Reddit
Guys, just to clarify: the current WIP plan is regular cruiser loadout but HAS and Def AA in different slots, and for T9-10, we plan DCP, Heal, HAS, AA and Radar - in different slots.
I wonder what they have in store for that new T10, the Worcester. Sure, it has 6 turrets, but they're all 155mm, thus drawing the ship closer to Neptune/Minotaur territory than Des Moines. A good way to address that would be to increase its ROF to DM levels, although in real life, the Worcester failed spectacularly at achieving that goal.

Additionally, I no longer own the Baltimore (sold off to pay for my Des Moines) and the Cleveland (sold off to pay for my Yamato), so I guess I'll only have the replacements unlocked, rather receive than the new (and old) ships directly in my port?
Old 2017-11-19, 20:18   Link #888
Psyco Diver

So I started a new account for shits and giggles and boy I feel sorry for anyone new to the game, there is allot to take in quickly. The videos they provide don't really provide that clear of information like setting up modules or captain skills, they really need to set up a set of missions explaining the importance of ammo choice and leading also. That said I'm curb stomping noobs left and right, even managed a 50k damage game in the Chester and the St. Luise is a completely over powered ship. It won't be much longer once I'm out of the special protected MM, I think level 11 is the cut off
Old 2017-11-23, 14:43   Link #889
Pen3

I am playing more tanks nowadays because i refuse to play warships till they unerf or buff IJN ships. The Pan Asian DDs pretty much put the nail in the coffin for IJN DDs and i have invested too much, including premiums. All the recent IJN BB premiums are trash when you compare it to other nation treatments vs regular ship lineup. Texas, Arizona, Alabama, Missouri, Warspite, Tirpitz and IJN has crap because i do own all the IJN BB premiums so far. This time i will refuse to buy the aSHITaka and not feed their trolling, 410mm guns with worst AP pen than Fuso and Bayern? really? I am only about 150k away getting a T9 FreeXP ship and really saving it for the Musashi, but i feel that WG will somehow mess it up.
Old 2017-11-25, 05:57   Link #890
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Still on an extended hiatus, not even bothering for the bonus week-ends. I need a break from these shooters and arcade games and yearn for something more casual, I guess. I recently purchased Assassin's Creed: Origins, but I was so enthused about it (Ancient Egypt is an old passion of mine)...that I've already completed the main campaign AND all side quests (a realization that startled me somewhat, as I still have yet to complete all side quests and assassin contracts in either Syndicate or Unity). T_T Now I'm just exploring the map, discovering all remaining unknown locations and waiting for the DLCs (early next year) and new Trials of the Gods.

For WOWS' IJN premiums, the problem is that many of the proposed BBs are derivatives of the Nagato/Tosa/Amagi-archetype battlecruiser...and if you've already got either the Nagato or the Amagi (or even both!), any of the offered premiums like Mutsu, Kii and Ashitaka become rather...redundant or just unattractive (though the Kii has those torpedo launchers and, for a limited time, that unique camouflage that earned extra credits on top of the in-built credit multiplier).

That's one of the reasons why I was not so enthusiastic about grinding the free Bismarck I got from the event - I already had the Tirpitz and didn't see much of an extra difference (aside from the Hydro-Torpedo switch and AA tweaks).

As for the Musashi, I'm not sure it's worth the free XP. It looks like it'll be HORRIBLY vulnerable to air threats. Of course it means you'll be able to curbstomp T7 players with your 18.1'' guns, but it feels like there are too many caveats attached to this ship (slow turret traverse, lousy acceleration, dreadful concealment) on top of its lackluster secondary weapons configuration. Maybe offering us a Shinano (heavily armored although handicapped by a comparatively small air complement) would have been a better choice.
Old 2017-11-26, 14:20   Link #891
Psyco Diver

Well as I said previously I decided to start another account to test out what its like to be a new player. Their is a HUGE change when you get out of the kiddie pool. I got out near the end of the T4 grind, and I only did 1 line, most new players I would would grind 2 or 3 lines at once which means they would be out of the protective match making by T3 I would bet. The point I'm making is I was still seeing players sailing broadside and firing off torps with their allies in the way.

Oh and good god the MM needs to change, I was done the Wyoming and got a stock NY and my first T5 match was a heavy T7 game, with a stock NY with a 5 point captain. No wonder most players quit/complain because I can only imagine what its like for a new player coming into that. If I was new and I ran into that I would probably quit too and I'm the guy that used to say "get gud" but not anymore
Old 2017-12-11, 00:11   Link #892
Psyco Diver

I figured the Vampire mission would be easy to knock this weekend, boy was I wrong. 9 losses in a row with me being top in XP most of them or at least in the top 3 every match. Jesus this takes the fight out of me I might just finish it in co-op because the stupidity this weekend was hard because between the broadside sailing NCs and HE flinging Bismarcks it just crushed what little love I have left
Old 2017-12-22, 20:09   Link #893
YF19EX

Anyone get the New Year Gift package?

I have been away for about a year now from WOWS. I literally have not played again since completing the Hunt for the Graf Spee a year ago. So today I pop open my email and what do I see:

150,000 Free XP.
12,000,000 credits.
Commander with 10 skill points.
14 days of Premium Account.
Premium Tier V battleship Giulio Cesare and Tier VI cruiser De Grasse.

Uh yea, thought this might possibly be a spam email, but checking the WOWS boards and reddit, apparently this is a thing. Looks like I need to get in some gunnery practice. I know so much has changed in the last year alone. I need to start low and work back up in terms of skill set.

And just for shits and giggles, I bought one of the $4.99 boxes for myself and got the Dunkirk+10pt captain first shot. Rng, still got it...

edit: Well looks like WG did it again. Sent out the wrong email. Clarified that they would issue flags instead of premium time, but no mention of the other items.
https://forum.worldofwarships.com/to...omment-3495818

Last edited by YF19EX; 2017-12-22 at 23:14.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-22, 23:16   Link #894
Pen3

I never got that email...
Old 2017-12-23, 00:25   Link #895
Psyco Diver

Several players got it, not going to lie I'm jealous

The Christmas crates are back again and I bought 5 medium and 6 small boxes and was pretty let down:

50 - 50% XP Commander flags

50 - 333% free XP flags

50 - 50% XP glad

40 - Frosty Fir Tree camo

2000 Gold

10,000 Free XP

Okhotnik w/ 10 point captain (which I'll probably sell later cause I can't see me using it)
Old 2017-12-23, 00:28   Link #896
YF19EX

Yea, was reading more of the boards, looks like it is confirmed that they got the prizes. Later people seem to be getting flags instead of the premiums as stated in the WG msg clarification. I already sent a ticket in to make sure it gets done.
Old 2017-12-23, 04:30   Link #897
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Only got a message about the Duke of York and the Secret Santa promo (got 600 doubloons).

The last week has left me utterly knackered, so I'm not going to grind for the DoY, which is basically a nerfed KGV (T6-level instead of T7) with one less repair party and the hydroacoustics consumable. I need to relax, dangnabbit. Will probably (re)start playing somewhere around February or so, I guess.
Old 2017-12-23, 12:22   Link #898
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The last week has left me utterly knackered, so I'm not going to grind for the DoY, which is basically a nerfed KGV (T6-level instead of T7) with one less repair party and the hydroacoustics consumable. I need to relax, dangnabbit. Will probably (re)start playing somewhere around February or so, I guess.
This is the first ship mission I just don't feel like doing also, not that I don't want the ship, I just don't feel like it
Old 2017-12-23, 23:49   Link #899
YF19EX

I got my stuff. It appears they sent me 10m credits instead of the 12m promised, but I say close enough. Got 100 each of the Zulu, Idia Terra BravoThree, Papa Papa and Equal Speed Charlie London flags. And of course the two ships and three captains. I'm good.
Old 2017-12-26, 10:51   Link #900
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
With the release of Update 0.7.2, the Tier IX battleship Missouri will become unavailable for purchase in-game indefinitely. We are preparing to roll out a new Tier IX battleship that can be acquired with free XP. We decided that two ships occupying the same niche at the same time is one too many. Players will still be able to get the Missouri for about two more months.

Jesus H Christ. I don't want the Musashi, thank you very much.

At least implement a monthly rotation system or something of the sort if you're so against two T9 premiums being available at the same time.

Tags
naval warfare, warships