AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-24, 08:58   Link #81
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
My thoughts. The Yotsuba deny Tatsuya at every turn. They don't even acknowledge him as part of their family. If the Saegusa were to give Tatsuya good enough terms (for example full support in his research, protecting Miyuki, etc...) Tatsuya could do whatever he wants even if he doesn't ever regain the ability to romantically love someone. The Saegusa have research from 2 of the magic research labs which is something that would be quite valuable to Tatsuya.
You forgot if Miyuki will allow Tatsuya to be married off.She only has the right to dismiss Tatsuya as her guardian,even Maya can't force him to leave Miyuki's side.

I wonder who the other candidates must be,as Mayumi seems to be not interested with both Katsuto and Hirofumi.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:23   Link #82
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Zodiac Aries View Post
In Volume 12

“You didn’t understand? Katsuto-kun seems to have noticed already.”
Mayumi slightly shook her head and hid her discontented, teeth-clenched face from Koichi’s vision.
“As expected, Katsuto-kun has much higher tolerance than Hirofumi-kun.”

Hirofumi referred to the oldest son of the Itsuwa Family, “Itsuwa Hirofumi”. The Itsuwa Family wished for Mayumi to marry Hirofumi. Koichi had intended to compare Hirofumi with Katsuto, but fortunately such words never reached Mayumi’s ears.
I've read the quote, but what are you trying to say with this? That he was indeed comparing the two and weighing his options, that he ranks Katsuto over Hiroumi in his mind as a marriage partner, or both?

As for this scenario, its just a personal opinion of mine but I think Hirofumi would rank higher in his mind. Katsuto has clashed with Koichi before, and from whats given of Koichi's character he likes to manipulate and control, and he would do neither with Katsuto. I have no doubt that he would have more respect for Katsuto, but it would count as a negative in this. It's a political marriage after all, its only for gain.

That said, I think Mayumi and Katsuto would make a better couple. Hirofumi is, well, unimpressive to put it mildly.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-05-24 at 11:43. Reason: Name corrections
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:34   Link #83
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Mayumi has been on many dates with Hirofume, yet they are not engaged. so this assumption is incorrect.
They didn't just usually see each other at parties and are dating?Must re-read again the series
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:55   Link #84
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Mayumi has been on many dates with Hirofume, yet they are not engaged. so this assumption is incorrect.
Doesn't Hirofume only appear and really talked about in Ln 11, The Ojou-sama's Magnificent Day Off?

Quote:
To tell the truth, the conditions were the same with the Juumonji clan’s Katsuto, and Kouichi was thinking about which one he wanted to marry Mayumi off to. (The Ichijou clan’s Masaki was excluded because he was younger than Mayumi.)

Of course, the people in question had their own opinions on the matter and there were other arranged marriage talks that hadn't quite become engagements; however, Mayumi and Hirofumi often dined together and went to the theater together in a family setting with both the Saegusa and Itsuwa clans. —Despite the expectations of the adults, the pair themselves weren’t interested, hence the mutual poker faces.

However, always ‘silently going along’ only made their moods worsen, which was something Mayumi knew quite well.
Not sure if that's a date since its said they dined in a family setting.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 12:44   Link #85
NeutralZero

^Probably another reason as to why the twins/or one of the twins feel threaten with Tatsuya
since they probably saw how Mayumi is with them during those meetings with other candidate/s
and how she's all defenseless in front of Tatsuya...

somehow feel her engagement to whoever it is will play a major role in Mayumi's charac dev.
and a hope that the said engagement will fall apart (even if it is with Tatsuya esp if the reason is of political manner)
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 18:40   Link #86
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
I've read the quote, but what are you trying to say with this? That he was indeed comparing the two and weighing his options, that he ranks Katsuto over Hiroumi in his mind as a marriage partner, or both?

As for this scenario, its just a personal opinion of mine but I think Hirofumi would rank higher in his mind. Katsuto has clashed with Koichi before, and from whats given of Koichi's character he likes to manipulate and control, and he would do neither with Katsuto. I have no doubt that he would have more respect for Katsuto, but it would count as a negative in this. It's a political marriage after all, its only for gain.

That said, I think Mayumi and Katsuto would make a better couple. Hirofumi is, well, unimpressive to put it mildly.
Yes in that quote means Katsuto is more difficult to manipulate because Katsuto has much Higher Tolerance.
That's why Koichi choose Hirofumi.
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 19:38   Link #87
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
^Probably another reason as to why the twins/or one of the twins feel threaten with Tatsuya
since they probably saw how Mayumi is with them during those meetings with other candidate/s

somehow feel her engagement to whoever it is will play a major role in Mayumi's charac dev.
and a hope that the said engagement will fall apart (even if it is with Tatsuya esp if the reason is of political manner)
Now this is an interesting observation. I didn't pay much attention to the Mayumi/hirofume "dates" being with their families involved. but if so, then her sisters would definitely notice Mayumi's displeasure very easily. So I guess it must be a big shock to them seeing how she acts around Tatsuya lol.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 01:09   Link #88
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Yes in that quote means Katsuto is more difficult to manipulate because Katsuto has much Higher Tolerance.
That's why Koichi choose Hirofumi.
he didn't chose anyone yet. Thing is there are still stuff we don't know in the story.

For example koichi knows about tatsuya being a part of the 101st battalion that has ties to the yotsuba.
Now we can assume giving his status and connections and his personality that he most likely knows that tatsuya is a yotsuba. He also asked mayuni to bring the siblings over to the main house, more like a pretext to bring tatsuya over.
Thing is from what we know so far and from the retsu and koichi discussions it seems tatsuya's name pops up frequently so i think their whole plan is revolved around him.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 03:49   Link #89
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
he didn't chose anyone yet. Thing is there are still stuff we don't know in the story.

For example koichi knows about tatsuya being a part of the 101st battalion that has ties to the yotsuba.
Now we can assume giving his status and connections and his personality that he most likely knows that tatsuya is a yotsuba. He also asked mayuni to bring the siblings over to the main house, more like a pretext to bring tatsuya over.
Thing is from what we know so far and from the retsu and koichi discussions it seems tatsuya's name pops up frequently so i think their whole plan is revolved around him.
Koichi wants someone that will always support him and that person is Hirofumi.
he's easy to manipulate and he will always support Koichi if Mayumi become his wife.

Katsuto is no good because his strong sense of justice, he won't obey Koichi if that's againts morality and public safety.
Old 2014-05-25, 04:02   Link #90
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Koichi wants someone that will always support him and that person is Hirofumi.
he's easy to manipulate and he will always support Koichi if Mayumi become his wife.

Katsuto is no good because his strong sense of justice, he won't obey Koichi if that's againts morality and public safety.
True about hirofumi, its true he is easier to control but that also is a draw back because when push comes to shove he's gonna be useless.

I still say koichi is after tatsuya for mayumi, mayumi is what 19 years old she will be 20 soon so if Koichi was so hell bent on hirofumi the wedding would've been a done deal by now. But so far it seems he is holding mayumi for something else and one other character that fits the bill is tatsuya. I`m not saying it will work but he will definitely try it.
Old 2014-05-25, 04:23   Link #91
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
True about hirofumi, its true he is easier to control but that also is a draw back because when push comes to shove he's gonna be useless.

I still say koichi is after tatsuya for mayumi, mayumi is what 19 years old she will be 20 soon so if Koichi was so hell bent on hirofumi the wedding would've been a done deal by now. But so far it seems he is holding mayumi for something else and one other character that fits the bill is tatsuya. I`m not saying it will work but he will definitely try it.
Hirofumi will be the head from Itsuwa Family. as a 10 MC family, at least he has all support and resources from his clan.
maybe Koichi is waiting for the Ten Master Clans Selection Hearing next year. he want to make sure if Itsuwa is still in the main 10 MC.
Old 2014-05-25, 05:00   Link #92
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Hirofumi will be the head from Itsuwa Family. as a 10 MC family, at least he has all support and resources from his clan.
maybe Koichi is waiting for the Ten Master Clans Selection Hearing next year. he want to make sure if Itsuwa is still in the main 10 MC.
true, thing is itsuwa clan is only in 10MC because Mio is a strategic magician, without her they are maybe in the 18 families.
But i guess you are right about waiting to marry mayumi to anyone until the ten master clan selection, thats the best way to decide about this since he get's to see who is the best fit for his daughter.

That's why i still think tats is in the cards for mayumi , i have a feeling that tatsuyas identity as an yotsuba and his magic power will be revealed at the 10MC selection.
Old 2014-05-26, 21:06   Link #93
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Do you need to be worthy of something to be in couple with someone? I explained why I like Mayumi and that pairing in an earlier post anyway.
You need to be worthy of your partner. Not some unidentified "something".

That's why people say "love makes you better": You try to become worthy of your partner.

That's my personal opinion.

Beside, my question means both ways: either she is worse than Tatsuya, or she is better than him.

And either way, i think they are mismatch. That's why i ask that question. I'm curious.
To me, she is fun for me because she is not his GF.
What's your view?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-05-27 at 20:23.
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 21:41   Link #94
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
And either way, i think they are mismatch. That's why i ask that question. I'm curious.
What's your view?
That's exactly the contrary for me. But for me it's already hard for me to imagine Tatsuya and pretty much every character in a couple with anyone. Even for characters confirmed to be in love with another, the relations stayed steady for too long with many characters.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 03:25   Link #95
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
You need to be worthy of your partner. Not some unidentified "something".

That's why people say "love makes you better": You try to become worthy of your partner.

That's my personal opinion.

Beside, my question means both ways: either she is worse than Tatsuya, or she is better than him.

What's your view?
Lol we've discuss this already way back in the golden age.

But if you want someone like that; you already know the answer. As a matter of fact there are two of them.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 18:38   Link #96
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

But if you want someone like that; you already know the answer. As a matter of fact there are two of them.
Well, i am not even sure when is the golden age.
And i don't even have any memories regarding Mayumi....
All are allocated for Erika and Miyuki.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 18:51   Link #97
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

Mayumi and Lina ?
well .i known your answer already
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 20:11   Link #98
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:

go the Highschool DxD way? lol barge in declare her his dual and win against bachelor take's girl home.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 20:50   Link #99
NeutralZero

not exactly DXD way but the method of Tatsuya being engage to Mayumi by political reason has no chance of lasting...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 15:52   Link #100
cyberdemon

Quote:
not exactly DXD way but the method of Tatsuya being engage to Mayumi by political reason has no chance of lasting...
Nothing with Tatsuya has much if any chance of lasting if he doesn't regain strong emotions. Something political with benefits to Tatsuya is the only real option if he was ever to get married.