AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-22, 10:35   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Character discussion - Kyou

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kyou (Please don't confuse with her younger twin sister Ryou) related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Clannad fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-12-17 at 11:00.
Old 2007-10-22, 12:50   Link #2
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

She is the funny side of the story, apparent no problems, with support of sister and pet, Kyou in scene is to happy moments.
Old 2007-10-22, 12:57   Link #3
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Kyou is a delicious tsundere, with light-blue panties.
Old 2007-10-22, 14:23   Link #4
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Kyou is a delicious tsundere, with light-blue panties.
Alas, I can feel the tsundere quarreling from the episode 3 thread sweeping over to this one and the one devoted to Tomoyo *braces for impact*

I like her pretty much as a character, even more so since the blushing in the last episode. Not so much the pet, that is the icing on the cake, but the blushing Rowdy girls with a soft spot are always the most appealing characters to me!

Edit (@Ultima_Rasengan05)
I surely hope she won't be reduced to "the girl that always appears to beat up Sunohara" (neither would I like Tomoya to become "the girl Sunohara goes to in order to get beat up" ). So far, I like the subtle approach on her possible attraction to Tomoya (blushing sideglance at him at the mentioning of "something blue", how cute! ^,^

Last edited by tabun; 2007-10-22 at 14:32. Reason: In order to avoid an unnecessary 2nd posting
Old 2007-10-22, 14:25   Link #5
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Kyou really likes to throw books just to get Tomoya's attention. Next to Tomoyo, Kyou has the "cool" characteristic within her that makes you think even though she acts like she's bullying Tomoya most of the time, she can be a cool person to hang out with. I even think that with all the "bullying" that she did to Tomoya so far, I think she might like the guy. I also think of Kyou as the comedic relief in the show instead of Sunohara, even though Sunohara was suppose to be the comedic relief in Clannad. Although we don't really know much about what story she has to contribute to Clannad, at least we know she is "bi"...haha
Old 2007-10-22, 14:38   Link #6
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

I like her, i dont think she is really tsundere, id think that would apply more to tomoyo. Kyou seems more like chidori from FMP, wild and outlandish. I am talking about this anime here, i know she might have been different in the game (which i know ziltch about).

Old 2007-10-22, 19:53   Link #7
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Kyou does have a strong tsundere aspect, especially in her offensive way of dealing with Tomoya.
Old 2007-10-22, 20:40   Link #8
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
I like her, i dont think she is really tsundere, id think that would apply more to tomoyo.
Tomoyo is not tsundere, not even close. Tomoyo speaks her mind and is straight as nails to express all her feelings, that's the opposite of a tsundere.

Quote:
Kyou seems more like chidori from FMP.
Chidori from FMP is very much a tsundere. If you think Chidori is not tsundere, you need your definition of "tsundere" checked, very badly.

Remember people, a tsundere girl CAN be wild in nature, the key is the "denial" bit.
Old 2007-10-22, 21:45   Link #9
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
Kyou does have a strong tsundere aspect, especially in her offensive way of dealing with Tomoya.
Hey, it's something we all love ^_~ Plus, her strategies are quite hilarious.
Quote:
She is the funny side of the story, apparent no problems, with support of sister and pet, Kyou in scene is to happy moments.
Yeah, her imutou relationship does always warm my heart and her pet is just funny.
Old 2007-10-22, 22:02   Link #10
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Remember people, a tsundere girl CAN be wild in nature, the key is the "denial" bit.

No, the key of Tsundere is "Hostile to the beloved at first, but warms up to him/her."

That's why I said Kyou as a strong tsundere aspect: She isn't hostile enough to be a full-blown tsundere (unlike Asuka of Eva.)
Old 2007-10-22, 22:40   Link #11
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
No, the key of Tsundere is "Hostile to the beloved at first, but warms up to him/her."

That's why I said Kyou as a strong tsundere aspect: She isn't hostile enough to be a full-blown tsundere (unlike Asuka of Eva.)
That is the old tsundere concept, in my words, the 蓮蓉月饼 (( lotus mooncake )) of tsundere, which or which may not include yolk.

Definition of tsundere had evolved since then. Even alternations of facets that need not actual hostility, so long as it works betwen denial-harbored feelings, etc etc etc, it is tsundere, kinda those modern snow-mooncakes. 8P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-22, 22:54   Link #12
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
That is the old tsundere concept, in my words, the 蓮蓉月饼 (( lotus mooncake )) of tsundere, which or which may not include yolk.

Definition of tsundere had evolved since then. Even alternations of facets that need not actual hostility, so long as it works betwen denial-harbored feelings, etc etc etc, it is tsundere, kinda those modern snow-mooncakes. 8P

I'm too much of a traditionalist to accept that as "tsundere."

It's "tsundere lite", according to me.
Old 2007-10-22, 22:59   Link #13
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

In other words, Kang Seung Jae subscribes to the "Shiraishi-ist" school of "classical" tsundere. Nothing particularly wrong there.
Old 2007-10-22, 23:05   Link #14
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Haha, if there is another term that does not use the word 'tsundere' (more so since she was receptive to Tomoya most of the time, if not for some of the kinks left and right) are 'ballistic'.

Of course, her qualities other than that (protective sister, Botan, etc.) makes her an interesting character.
Old 2007-10-22, 23:11   Link #15
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
In other words, Kang Seung Jae subscribes to the "Shiraishi-ist" school of "classical" tsundere. Nothing particularly wrong there.

"Shiraishi-ist"? Care to explain?
Old 2007-10-22, 23:20   Link #16
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
I think something along the lines of what the Shiraishi guy said in one of the Lucky Channel segments.
Old 2007-10-22, 23:51   Link #17
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
I think something along the lines of what the Shiraishi guy said in one of the Lucky Channel segments.

Oh, you mean this? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgdcWSvdLCc

True, I'm a classical tsundereist.
Old 2007-10-23, 00:47   Link #18
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

A very simple explanation

Tsundere is taken from the Japanese word...

つんつん (tsuntsun) = aloof (can be wild, talkative, forceful, etc)
でれでれ (deredere) = lovestruck (suddenly become really shy, embarrassed, trying to deny her own feelings)

It means from tsuntsun to deredere (つんでれ), so in short, switching from being wild to being embarrassed and vice versa.

Kyou definitely is a tsundere, I won't tell the reason because that would mean spoiling your fun

As for Tomoyo, she' more of a tsuntsun type than deredere so we can't really say she's tsundere. Tomoyo is a straightforward girl with a wild side to say it short (not as wild as Kyou when it comes to Tomoya though).
Old 2007-10-23, 00:54   Link #19
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1 View Post
A very simple explanation

Tsundere is taken from the Japanese word...

つんつん (tsuntsun) = aloof (can be wild, talkative, forceful, etc)
でれでれ (deredere) = lovestruck (suddenly become really shy, embarrassed, trying to deny her own feelings)

It means from tsuntsun to deredere (つんでれ), so in short, switching from being wild to being embarrassed and vice versa.
This is where the traditionalists and modernist split. Traditional is one-way, while modern is two-way
Old 2007-10-23, 01:14   Link #20
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
This is where the traditionalists and modernist split. Traditional is one-way, while modern is two-way
Geh... I'm outdated as always. Anyway mind if you explain the difference between Traditional and Modern (don't really know anything about modern type tsundere) tsundere? I'm Lazy Mode right now to search for it
Closed Thread