AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-27, 09:28   Link #141
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Anyone expect the next episode to end with Ozma punching out Alto for endangering Ranka (and trashing yet another VF)? I'm half expecting Alro to end up in hospital, given how protective Ozma's been of Ranka. Still, let's see if those two take the opportunity to talk next episode, seeing how there's nobody from Frontier or Galaxy to interrupt them - they both REALLY need to talk.
Old 2008-06-27, 09:39   Link #142
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

T_T i haven't seen it yet I'm waiting for GG's subs. Chiro's tends to be confusing enough for me to have download another version to figure what's going on.

Also, no one can say flying singing attacks are corny unless they watched all of M7 ^_^
Old 2008-06-27, 09:54   Link #143
nadesicod25

There We Go Folks They Found Megaroad 1! The One That Dissapeared!

Ps: stop talkin about that lovely dovly crap and discuss about if that is megaroad 1 or sdf1.

For me i don't see how that can be the SDF1 since that would be on earth and well DOES IT LOOK LIKE EARTH?!
Old 2008-06-27, 09:59   Link #144
Westlo
Lets be reality

Megaroads can't transform and are significantly larger than the Macross.

Megaroad class
Overall length: 5200 meters

Macross class
Overall length: 1210 meters (approximately 1200 meters after 2012 overhaul)
Old 2008-06-27, 10:11   Link #145
SymphonicRain

Its not a Megaroad ship.

The design comparison you can make with the opening of episode 1 and the actual SDF-1 Macross ship is easy to discern respectively.

As for Chihiro's fansubbing, I think they did quite well enough for episode 12.

Curiously, I wonder when will Sheryl's song "My Fanclub's Night" going to be played in the upcoming episodes?
Old 2008-06-27, 10:35   Link #146
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I must be blind or something because I never noticed Ranka having such a prominent fang before...Either way it was patently unfair for her to flash that thing so much this episode since I have a utter weakness for them.

Still it was nice to see some role reversal and I can already see Sheryl becoming a more interesting character because of it already.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-06-27, 11:29   Link #147
herbert

Finally watched this episode. Before anything else, that is one thing I must say first: I don't feel sorry for Sheryl, not even a little.

Trying the hardest to fulfill her promise and to have the job done, Sheryl fails. This time, Sheryl fails not because she can't do it but she tries too hard. She has no one but herself to blame.

I guess what I just said doesn't sound like a Sheryl fan. I have stated several times before that I'm very strict on her. So far, I have asked very much from Sheryl, and she has met and even surpassed almost all my expectations. Sheryl is not just a character I like, much more than that, she is my favourite and there is not even a close second. Because I like her this much, I don't feel sorry for her.

This episode really reminds me about why I like Sheryl in the first place. I think people only look for sympathy in self-pity state, and self-pity is not a good thing. In a practical perspective, this mental state is futile. It's a seemingly plausible excuse for not doing. It reads "I couldn't do something not because I didn't do my best but because the fate was too cruel to me."

I know Sheryl must take a hit on self-esteem and I know Sheryl has her weak and voluntary side, but it would be laughably easy if she takes it hard and goes down. A battle can’t be lost till fighting is stopped. I believe Sheryl is made tough. She rather grasps the fate and force it bent to her will than wait it to show mercy.

As I stated, sympathy is not good for Sheryl in my opinion so I don't have any for her. To make my position clear, I haven't lost of any my liking to Sheryl because of the latest episode. I still support her with my whole heart. I merely see sympathy is an unnecessary and unhealthy thing for her so I don't give it to her.

Of course, I don’t mean Sheryl can simply walk all problems over like what she has done in previous episodes. There are obstacles she needs to overcome, and the rising star Ranka is also a worthy competitor. Sheryl has already proven that she can stand firmly all by herself, but now she must need struggles and even help from outside to be on feet. I’m really interested in how she would deal with this.

A sidenote: above is only my personal opinion. Please don't take it as from Sheryl fans' point of view since I believe majority of Sheryl fans think differently.
Old 2008-06-27, 11:53   Link #148
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

wtf @ the Macross at the end though...
Yes, that's exactly what I thought..."huh?" LOL

I wonder if we'll get any flashback images of Global in the next installment....the title for next episode for is one of the cause of my excitement right now!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-27, 11:58   Link #149
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I loved this episode. Quintessence of Macross. The heroine singer flying into danger. The evil brutes suddenly charmed by Deculture. The (brief) battle-dance. Real romance, and tragic romance. It's all there, and done well. Nakajima Megumi's ED and insert song are the best she has sounded yet.

The writer of this episode was Yoshino Hiroyuki, who is the lead writer for the series, and has written other episodes. But Frontier is his first Macross. He wrote Mai-HiME and Mai Otome, and is involved in Code Geass. (ANN)

LOL, that explains the panty stealing episode....Yoshino-san seems to like those as he planted that same minor plot in one episode of Mai Hime.

Hmmm...I used to think he worked specifically for Sunrise but I guess he's a moonlighter like plenty of series composition writers out there.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Last edited by lone_wolf; 2008-06-27 at 12:16. Reason: missed a word LOL!
Old 2008-06-27, 12:05   Link #150
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"]I must be blind or something because I never noticed Ranka having such a prominent fang before...Either way it was patently unfair for her to flash that thing so much this episode since I have a utter weakness for them.
Ah you're right! Her fang was quite noticeable! Hmmm...makes me wonder if there were any other episodes that exposed her fang. I'm going to have to call her neko musume from now on.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-27, 12:12   Link #151
ReddyRedWolf

But Ranka's hair are inu mimi.

Lol Short green haired fang-tan. Nyoron~
Old 2008-06-27, 12:25   Link #152
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
But Ranka's hair are inu mimi.

Lol Short green haired fang-tan. Nyoron~
LOL, so I guess she's a half-breed.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-27, 12:38   Link #153
Traece
:cool:

Mm... I was a little disappointed in this episode because of the way it played out romantically. Unfortunately, I can't say I enjoy seeing Ranka get her clutches on Alto after all this has happened and then getting stranded with him afterwards. It's just not right for Ranka to crash Sheryl's birthday present for Alto by being involved. I'm assuming Sheryl had intended to fly the not-very-clear extremely-freaking-cloudy skies of a planet that apparently has Macross on it... Huh... Ironic.

Edit: I felt like I had to give this one the lowest score I have ever really had to give an anime episode. It just didn't sit well with me (at least not until Alto owned some poor Zentradi fellow, that was entertaining. ). So I gave it a seven. Sorry Macross Frontier! I STILL LOVE YOU! <3
Old 2008-06-27, 12:52   Link #154
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
LOL, so I guess she's a half-breed.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
I believe she said that she is quater zard, if the sub translation is right
Old 2008-06-27, 13:01   Link #155
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Nah He's saying whether Ranka is a cat or a dog.

Spell check: Quarter Zentran
Old 2008-06-27, 13:04   Link #156
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post

I was joking around that she was half Neko half Inu.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-27, 13:05   Link #157
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Nah He's saying whether Ranka is a cat or a dog.

Spell check: Quarter Zentran
Yup!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-27, 14:14   Link #158
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

We are nowhere near a decision on the romance front, much as I loved seeing Alto and Ranka so happy together. I really do think she is the one he really likes. But now she becomes the new galactic star, especially to the Zentradi, and she will probably have even less time with Alto, giving Sheryl a new opening. And what role will Brera Sterne play? The rival?

There is no way one should laugh at the singing melting the brutes' hearts. The power of deculture is the main underlying theme of all Macross shows, isn't it? In this case the rebels' excuse was that they were being insulted because the galactic fairy was not really going to sing for them. Then the new galactic cinderella shows up, making her debut specifically for them, giving them both that honor and a special deculture. Makes sense to me that that would stop them. In the Macross universe.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-06-27, 14:32   Link #159
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
As for Chihiro's fansubbing, I think they did quite well enough for episode 12.
ehhh... overall I appreciate Chihiro's speed, but there's always a few scenes they just seem to take completely out of context. More motivation to actually work on my Japanese vocabulary, I suppose.
Old 2008-06-27, 14:56   Link #160
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

For those who are mourning the 'relationship' aspects, isn't it better to have an exciting race rather than a boring, predictable one? Besides, Sheryl'll survive this illness... probably. It's not like anything's decided on the Ranka and Alto route, except that Mikhail's basically beating Alto over the head to 'talk with Ranka', which is something that's about four episodes overdue. Besides which, Sheryl was already ill prior to leaving the Frontier so this wasn't completely unexpected. And she will NOT let one setback stop her; she's insisted as much from episode 3, when we first saw her working against opposition in the form of being trapped inside an emergency shelter. Rather, I expect the relationship front to heat up now that Sheryl and Ranka are on more even footing, both in terms of Alto-time as well as as performers now that Ranka's starting to develop her own fanbase.

Kaoru: Don't forget that she's quarter-Zentran. If word of that gets out, as it may have by now, that'll further endear her to Zentran everywhere; she's THEIR idol, much as Minmay was Macross City's own star, and thus 'one of them'.

By the way, did anyone else think that Ranka finally stopped looking childlike towards the end when she's looking out the cockpit at the clouds? Perhaps it's symbolic of how she's starting to grow out of her prolonged childhood, which in turn has been the major thing that's been stopping her from making her own way in the world. With that starting to get out of the way, she'll be able to kick her career into the next level, and perhaps start to make some headway as far as starting a relationship goes.
Closed Thread