AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2021-05-09, 05:39   Link #1
SidVicious
Anime addict

Dragon Ball Super Movie 2: Super Hero

Toei Animation officially confirmed on Sunday that it is developing a second anime film in the Dragon Ball Super franchise with a planned release in 2022. Toei Animation Europe had briefly listed a new film in the franchise earlier this week.

Original creator Akira Toriyama is in charge of the screenplay and character design. Toriyama shared a message to fans:

An all new movie since "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" is currently in the making!
Just like the previous movie, I'm heavily leading the story and dialogue production for another amazing film.
I really shouldn't talk too much about the plot yet, but be prepared for some extreme and entertaining bouts, which may feature an unexpected character.
We'll be charting through some unexplored territory in terms of the visual aesthetics to give the audience an amazing ride, so I hope everybody will look forward to the new movie!

Planning for the new film project began in 2018, before the release of Dragon Ball Super: Broly. The film has a goal of telling "a large-scale story." Aside from story composition and character design, Toriyama is also writing lines of dialogue for the film.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...r-2022/.172539
Old 2021-05-09, 10:57   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It doesn't sound like they'll be adapting the Moro arc.
Old 2021-05-09, 14:13   Link #3
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It doesn't sound like they'll be adapting the Moro arc.
Really? Sounds like the Moro arc to me. Especially with the "unexpected character" part.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 15:13   Link #4
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Will it be Cooler than Broly?
Old 2021-05-09, 16:54   Link #5
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Really? Sounds like the Moro arc to me. Especially with the "unexpected character" part.
Really? A character staight from the manga is "unexpected"?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 17:29   Link #6
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Will it be Cooler than Broly?
Or Janemba.
Old 2021-05-09, 17:38   Link #7
justavisitor

Cell, and Whis lost the communicator somehow so Goku and Vegeta can't be back from training

Freeza happens to drop by Earth in the mean time, so it's up to freeza, gohan, and 17 to fight against cell, and that's why in Moro arc, piccolo knows that
Spoiler for spoiler for moro arc:

No chance it will happen, even dragonball doesn't have the power to make this wish come true XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 18:01   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
If it was just a manga adaptation, he wouldn't say he shouldn't discuss the plot yet. And yeah, unexpected character is exactly what Moro isn't.

It's almost certain the "unexpected character" will be a character from a previous movie.
Old 2021-05-09, 18:21   Link #9
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Really? A character staight from the manga is "unexpected"?
For anime only viewers, yes. If they expected people to watch/read both, they probably wouldn't have details change from arc to arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If it was just a manga adaptation, he wouldn't say he shouldn't discuss the plot yet. And yeah, unexpected character is exactly what Moro isn't.
As was the case with Goku Black and ToP, I suspect a Moro arc adaptation would have quite a few aspects of it changed. That would be plot they aren't going to talk about.

And Moro wasn't the unexpected character I was talking about. That clearly refers to a previously known character.
Old 2021-05-09, 18:40   Link #10
Shadow5YA

The Super manga very specifically skipped the Broly movie and told readers to go watch it if they want to know what happened.
Resurrection of F was skipped as well. I'm pretty sure if the Moro arc was planned to be in a movie, it wouldn't have been illustrated in full.

I think it's more likely that it will be an original arc again.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 14:55   Link #11
Blaat

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Quote:
Toei announced at its Special Dragon Ball panel at the San Diego Comic-Con virtual event on Friday that the second anime film in the Dragon Ball Super franchise will be titled Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero. As the name suggests, the film will have a focus on the "superhero" aspect.
Toriyama said the following:
Quote:
An all new movie since "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" is currently in the making!
Just like the previous movie, I'm heavily leading the story and dialogue production for another amazing film.
I really shouldn't talk too much about the plot yet, but be prepared for some extreme and entertaining bouts, which may feature an unexpected character.
We'll be charting through some unexplored territory in terms of the visual aesthetics to give the audience an amazing ride, so I hope everybody will look forward to the new movie!
You can watch the above mentioned panel here:
Spoiler for youtube panel:

Full ANN article.
Old 2021-07-24, 04:05   Link #12
Chosen_Hero

Meanwhile, in universe Gohan is a literal super hero and will still somehow either get ignored or upstaged by Goku.
Old 2021-07-24, 04:16   Link #13
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Great Saiyaman won the right to have his family life. It seems that Goku and Vegeta have become the protectors to allow their children to live their lives (assuming Trunks and Goten are ever allowed to age again. Isn't Trunks suppose to be the age now when in the Future timeline, Gohan was killed by the Cyborgs?)

I mean it sort of sucks that Gohan didn't get to be the actual main character during the Buu Saga and beyond, but the kid did earn his right to have won and effectively retire. Goku just wants a good fight after all, and Vegeta wants a challenge. Maybe one day Trunks and Goten will take over despite Gohan having more potential than all of them.
Old 2021-07-24, 07:19   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As I thought, it's a new story. What's really interesting is that it's set years after the current manga arc, since Pan is at least three years old. That makes me wonder two things...

Spoiler for Manga spoilers:

And are Trunks and Goten still going to look 7?

And if the teaser is any indication, the movie might be full CGI. To be honest, that teaser looked really good.
Old 2021-10-07, 12:37   Link #15
SidVicious
Anime addict

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero Anime Film's Trailer Reveals New Characters

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-style/.178245

+New teaser:

https://twitter.com/_OtakusBR/status...58839280189445
Old 2021-10-07, 18:11   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Heh, so it is CGI after all. This time I won't say it looks great though.

Broly is actually in the trailer, he's the one Goku is fighting/sparring with. That's interesting since the manga has completely ignored him. Looks like Pan might be able to go super saiyan already, that would be cool! I hated how weak she was in GT.
Old 2021-10-08, 05:56   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Holy shit! Toei finally gave up doing handdrawn animation for their biggest cashcow?
Old 2021-10-08, 17:05   Link #18
GDB

That... literally just looks like a video game. And not in a good way.
Old 2021-10-09, 21:00   Link #19
Wandering Soul

Quote:
That... literally just looks like a video game. And not in a good way.
Yeah, when I saw the thumbnail for this trailer on Youtube, I actually thought a new DBZ game was coming out.
Old 2021-10-10, 07:29   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If only the animation was the only problem. The plot seems like it'll be trash too. Red Ribbon army comes back with new androids by the looks of it.

I'm looking forward to the Pan and Piccolo moments though. They said he's like a grandfather to her.