AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-21, 07:18   Link #21
James Rye

Iketeru is really talented to draw this well after just one quick image search. On the other hand Uramichi's drawings... that's one of the saddest dogs I have ever seen. I feel for you~

Also that director is an arse, forcing poor Uramichi to slave away the whole night for this crap. Really worry about his health given he needs booze and/or sleeping pills to even sleep at night and his mental health with how guilty and empty he feels all the time.
Old 2021-07-21, 18:59   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Iketeru is really the only character I like so far, but on balance that ep was marginally funnier than the first two, I thought.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 16:12   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm starting to think Uramichi's life wouldn't be so bad if he could just get rid of Usao.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 17:58   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm starting to think Uramichi's life wouldn't be so bad if he could just get rid of Usao.
It wouldn't change much. He is clinically depressed, and that's not Usao's fault. He's never going to be happy unless he seeks help. His life really isn't bad. He has a steady job, he's good looking and he keeps himself in shape. He also works with children, which implies he's good with them (he really isn't) which I think would be attractive for women around his age.
Old 2021-07-25, 14:48   Link #25
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It wouldn't change much. He is clinically depressed, and that's not Usao's fault. He's never going to be happy unless he seeks help. His life really isn't bad. He has a steady job, he's good looking and he keeps himself in shape. He also works with children, which implies he's good with them (he really isn't) which I think would be attractive for women around his age.
And, the catch 22 of having clinical depression especially when for the most part your life isn't "bad" is that is creates a feedback loop. You feel like shit, but because many of us grow up in societies where only people who've had hard lives or some other tragedy happen to them are allowed to feel like shit, you can end up feeling guilty and blaming yourself for feeling bad, when you've got "nothing to feel bad about". Which only just feeds into the depression.

Also, I felt personally attacked by that ending scene, and I didn't like it.
Old 2021-07-25, 16:23   Link #26
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think his situation is all that great. How long can he keep playing "onii-san"? What's his exit strategy? And if he makes the big bucks, it doesn't show. And then, there are the hours he keeps. Like that all-nighter he pulled for stupid reasons.

Is any of that Usao's fault? No. But Usao is the guy who's a shit to him just for the sake of being a shit to him, and who constantly tries to make him feel bad.
Old 2021-07-26, 17:01   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The director is clearly a much bigger problem than Usao. Usao is still a dick, and he got what he deserved in this episode. The kids are pretty brutal
Old 2021-07-26, 20:41   Link #28
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

That is one brutal job with those kids and having to do a beach episode in winter on a very cold day Well Utano looking weird in that shark costume

Thinking that Iketeru got fired instead of being sick those kids know the show
Old 2021-07-28, 12:38   Link #29
James Rye

Can somebody throw that director into the Ocean? Preferably with some cement on his feet as well.

Iketeru's sister is real pretty. Love how he is the only one who took Utano's joke seriously and made all the others feel bad about their possible contribution to Kumao's sickness. ^^

And then the kids stole the show, their sharpness and cruelty was off the charts and it ended with a horror sight, Usao's head on Kuamo's body. XD
Old 2021-08-02, 12:14   Link #30
James Rye

The answers of the kids were spot-on, lol.
The director is still the worst! The worst! Poor Uramichi Onii-san.
Even at the concert he looked broken in his cat costume.^^;
At least he smiled at the end of the chapter there, but still, hope he gets more happy moments in his life.
Old 2021-08-02, 18:41   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The director is clearly the problem when it comes to Uramichi's workplace. He can easily retaliate against Usao, and even bullied him the whole episode for no reason, but he has to bend to the director's every whim.
Old 2021-08-02, 18:49   Link #32
James Rye

I think the reason he bullied him was to relieve stress to not strangle the director with his unreasonable demands.^^
Old 2021-08-02, 20:42   Link #33
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Uramichi really dosnt have a backbone just have to do what the director tells him to do but he really is athletic doing all those backflips with really little space
Old 2021-08-03, 07:24   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So Uramichi really dosnt have a backbone just have to do what the director tells him to do but he really is athletic doing all those backflips with really little space
It's not about not having a backbone, but more about not wanting to be out of a job. It's not like he's some superstar, they can easily replace him.
Old 2021-08-03, 08:52   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The director is clearly the problem when it comes to Uramichi's workplace. He can easily retaliate against Usao, and even bullied him the whole episode for no reason, but he has to bend to the director's every whim.
The director is a dick but I think Uramichi is also a big part of the problem with Uramichi's workplace.

I find myself laughing a lot more than I did the first three episodes, especially this time at the songs. But Uramichi's constantly bullying Usao was never really funny and now it's just grating, and I could have done without the choreographer right out of the Encyclopedia of Stereotypes, 1989 edition.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 09:12   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At first I thought the director's dickishness was mostly part of his job, and that should he be replaced, the replacement would be just as bad (unless they were an exceptionally kind and caring person). But I can see now that the director does go above and beyond when it comes to being an asshole.
Old 2021-08-09, 20:34   Link #37
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I think Uramichi keeps dying a little inside every time a kid points out that he single and alone when most of those kids parents are young them him

Well off to a company retreat to an onsen
Old 2021-08-09, 21:38   Link #38
Chosen_Hero

The more I hear about the boyfriend, the more I wonder why she's still together with him. I mean, I get that she's really desperate to get married but come on, there has to be a limit... right?
Old 2021-08-10, 04:37   Link #39
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
The more I hear about the boyfriend, the more I wonder why she's still together with him. I mean, I get that she's really desperate to get married but come on, there has to be a limit... right?
Maybe she worries she won't get someone else? Then they are together for five years so she probably really does love him and hopes he finally asks to marry her someday? But the way she describes him I feel like she could wait 50 years and he wouldn't do so.

Aww, the kids were adorable during the advise section and funny with their creeped out reaction due the macaron statement of Uramichi Onii-san. <3

Poor Onii-san, finally getting two days off just to have to spend them on a company trip treated like work, ugh...

Iketeru is so damn adorable, lol, he was really looking forward to a pillow fight and scary stories and was so disappointed when he heard he won't get either. xD
But he is seriously talented, going from newbie to pro just from his imagination is insane potential. He could make a great actor with that mind-set.
And I just love it how he cracks up at all the dick jokes and trying to contain his laughter, probably due his family strict uprising.

Utano's song was... yeah, it was something else. No wonder her former career crashed. At least she seems happy with her current work, even if it can be sometimes a real drag.

Also isn't that sexual harassment what Usahara has to go through, getting kissed against his will? Poor guy also getting badmouthed by the women in the bath.^^;
He might be a good-for-nothing, but he is a nice guy, trying to cheer up Iketeru and warning him to cover his face (and getting his own smacked in with a ping-pong ball).

I also really like watching Kuma-kun protecting Iketeru from the alcohol loving superior and drinking him under the table. It really feels like Iketeru is the little brother of everyone and they look after him.
Old 2021-08-10, 07:40   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
At this point she probably feels she's spent too long on him to just give up. She may also feel it's a pain to start a brand new relationship. I think she doesn't realize her own worth, I'm sure plenty of guys would be happy to marry her.