AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-01, 10:18   Link #101
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Why did Yana & Aoiu had to fire-up so much with their dialogs and call a "Volcanic Eruption + Tsunami" a mere disaster.
Maybe it's a non-subtle way to mirror the people of Japan who live on islands that's rife with quakes, tsunamis & volcanos. Also a commentary of today's Japanese who should've used new technology hand in hand with the ancestral local wisdom instead of leaning heavily towards one aspect.

Also, this episode actually made the lyrics of the priestess' song makes so much sense. And when the song is sung without the idol-ish tune, it turns into a haunting song .
Old 2021-08-06, 17:41   Link #102
Alchemist007
*Author

Very bittersweet victory.
Old 2021-08-06, 19:50   Link #103
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Very bittersweet victory.
Why? Because we are supposed to sympathize with the orcs? If anything it painted a worse picture of the orcs, after loosing her family she went around eating other people's .
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-06, 21:45   Link #104
Alchemist007
*Author

That might be true for the leader but the 'princess' and her protector were more pitiable.
Old 2021-08-07, 01:27   Link #105
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Why? Because we are supposed to sympathize with the orcs? If anything it painted a worse picture of the orcs, after loosing her family she went around eating other people's .
I mean Orc queen was captured by human and send to island as weapon. Then islanders made deal with her which she and her kin never broke and then these same islanders tried to kill them.

If I was her I would probably try eat them too.
Old 2021-08-07, 03:03   Link #106
B214

Quote:
And she was supposed to be happily trusting humans after one killed her children?
I mean even for human to human i doubt you can easily trust your enemy especially if that enemy killed your children.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-08, 16:43   Link #107
Dark Wing

Quote:
They had a pact and the fuckers broke it. All I have to say is reap what you sow.
Old 2021-08-08, 17:15   Link #108
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
They had a pact and the fuckers broke it. All I have to say is reap what you sow.
The pact was "we'll kill you slow later instead of fast now".
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-08, 18:44   Link #109
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The pact was "we'll kill you slow later instead of fast now".
Well they knew the risks then...
Old 2021-08-09, 00:03   Link #110
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

By that logic, so did the orcs.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-10, 16:52   Link #111
LG-MAX 2.o

Discussions here are sharp, I hope the anime does justice to the next arc, which is considered the best by many fans.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-10, 22:48   Link #112
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well they knew the risks then...
Let´s be honest, if an enemy shows up in your territory and tries to take away everything you have you still can archive some kind of agreement to stop the bloodshed but is another thing entirely when the bastards start eating you like your a freaking hot dog!. No matter what pact they made with orcs in the long run they would have to kill them or the orcs would devour them. Yotsuya was able to feel some sympathy for the orcs because he saw the whole situation through logic and does not have the best opinion of humans.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 01:52   Link #113
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

People really have weird definition of "deal" and "pact" these day.
If I put a gun to your head and ask you to give me all of your money, is it a deal as well?

Seriously, a pact means both sides need to contribute something.
If your only contribution is "I will kill you otherwise" then it's not a deal, just plain robbery.
Old 2021-08-11, 02:13   Link #114
Tenzen12

And how do you think literally every capitulation work? Do you think Germany got equal (or any) benefits from allies when they signed German Instrument of Surrender? They should settle on fixed amount of animals or try renegotiate deal when orcs started grow in numbers. Peaceful solution was found first time so there is no reason to not try again.

Not to mention human were enimies from moment they captured queen and locked her in cage. Agreeing to deal was sign of good will.
Old 2021-08-11, 02:43   Link #115
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

See? I wasn't wrong when I decided to follow this show. It is thought-provoking enough and gets the audience thinking of the morals and which side is right under which circumstances.

Not bad for a show with bog-standard production values that flew under most people's radar. Looks like I also need to give some credits to the source material as well for the quality-enough content. Slime this is not.
Old 2021-08-11, 09:35   Link #116
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
People really have weird definition of "deal" and "pact" these day.
If I put a gun to your head and ask you to give me all of your money, is it a deal as well?

Seriously, a pact means both sides need to contribute something.
If your only contribution is "I will kill you otherwise" then it's not a deal, just plain robbery.
I'm not saying you're wrong but usually agree to a pact or deal is form because both side want some form of benefit. In this situation, what benefit is there for the orcs? Would they lose anything from eating all the humans and animals there? The orc queen is able to sail, so there's no issue for them to leave the island when they're running out of things to eat. So this deal or pact you're saying isn't just about both side contributing, it's also about if both side benefit or gain something from it. In this case, the humans benefit by not being eaten while the orcs just maintain status quo.
Old 2021-08-11, 18:21   Link #117
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Let's say that I enslave someone.
Since I am so generous that I give him a choice: Serve me or die, so it's totally fair.
Wow, I am so benevolent. After all, I let him live.
And then, the ungrateful bastard tries to escape. Obviously he has betrayed my kindness so let's torture and execute him and his entire family! The fucker totally deserves it.
Old 2021-08-11, 23:33   Link #118
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
See? I wasn't wrong when I decided to follow this show. It is thought-provoking enough and gets the audience thinking of the morals and which side is right under which circumstances.
The show is basically about raising these issues and getting the audience to discuss. The next and the next after arc will also work on complex themes.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 23:33   Link #119
Tenzen12

Quote:
Since I am so generous that I give him a choice: Serve me or die, so it's totally fair.
And then, the ungrateful bastard tries to escape. Obviously he has betrayed my kindness so let's torture and execute him and his entire family! The fucker totally deserves it.
Are you referring humans or orc queen? Because, you know, that description fit to both sides equally...
Old 2021-08-12, 07:11   Link #120
B214

Quote:
But that's not the case here. In your scenario, you're the one that gave the victim the option. In the scenario, it is the opposite of your scenario, the victim approached you and promised you his/her loyalty in order to survive, you agreed to it, but the victim decided not to serve you anymore and ask someone to kill you.

Either way, this isn't a right or wrong thing. If you truly want to discuss right or wrong, there's a lot of thing that won't fit into situation. Lets just put it this way. Would you say a lion/tiger is wrong to eat humans if its starving? Would you say humans are wrong to kill that lion/tiger if it start attacking your village. In this end this boils to wanting to protect oneself and family.

Tags
fantasy, shounen