AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-24, 02:54   Link #41
Ayumi08
Neko Lover

Yum, I love the cakes too. I like the episodes I've seen so far and thought the characters' interactions are amusing. 3rd episode's the funniest with the introduction of the 4th guy, Chikage.
Old 2008-07-24, 03:55   Link #42
domino
デレデレ

This show is so nice and relaxing. A nice break from other shows for when all I want is some cake and a rest.

Love the OP, too~. The combination of 3D + simple 2D characters works surprisingly well.

And Chikage..! <3 (how tall do you have to be to have.. door problems like that, though?!)
Old 2008-07-29, 10:24   Link #43
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh this anime is cute! (filling my Junjou spot for the moment ). I love the mix of animation and the OP and ED are very different then what you normally see done in anime.
I love the seiyuu cast too! Miki Shinichiro sounds wonderful as Ono, almost using his voice for Heat from HY but def different then Urahara Fujiwara Keiji, I knew he kinda sounded like Ladd from Baccano! (course I just watched epi 14 yesterday so the voice was fresh in my head.) and of course...Miyano Mamoru as Eiji!!! ~insert fangirling~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-08-02, 00:33   Link #44
Keruri
Like a falling star

Since this and Junjou have been two of my recent favourite shows, I'm probably going to be percieved as a shounen-ai/yaoi fangirl (not like I post enough to be well known, anyway). Please don't think that way. orz

Anyway! I read the manga and liked it quite a bit, so upon checking out the anime adaption.... I found that I love the anime even more. The opening and ending themes are wonderful (Chemistry!) in terms of both music and animation, and I find the switch between CG and the "regular", slightly dated character degisns to be nice as well.

The first episode kind of turned me off, but I'm so glad I kept watching. The second episode began to show me the awesomeness that is Antique Bakery.

I personally can't wait for the opening/ending single to come out. orz
Old 2008-08-02, 01:00   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 5 was the best yet. This is a show that grows on you, and that gets better as it goes. The animation and backgrounds remain excellent. And Chemistry's OP is outstanding. That guy can sing.
Spoiler for ep5:
Yaoi, yuri, straight -- it doesn't matter, as long as the feelings are true, as they are being portrayed here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-08-02 at 15:30.
Old 2008-08-03, 13:43   Link #46
Lilith
Your average fangirl

I'm a great fan of Fumi-sensei manga works, so I'm really happy to watch the anime adaption. Yeah, while the character designs sucks major time, it kinda grew into me.

I love the opening song, and I love the fact that the ending song is the same melody but slower. I also like the song's piano/violin/etc version that keep playing in the background.

I won't deny my focus on yaoi bits, but I'm gonna follow this even if it won't turn out like Junjou (which I adore!). I'm already falling in love with the characters and look forward to them maturing. Also, I'm intrigued by Tachibana's kidnapping mystery. Not to mention that this show is hilarious. Aaand: Cakes! Who doesn't like cakes? <3
Old 2008-08-04, 08:25   Link #47
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Huh? People dislike the character designs? I think they are very soothing to look at and the subtle lines expresses a lot of emotions.

Really, I despise gay themes, but this show does it so soothingly, I don't mind one bit. This show has one of the most soothing atmospheres in anime this season, if not within all of last year (Aria in there too BTW).
Old 2008-08-09, 09:21   Link #48
Katapan
俺様祭り

Even though the first episode left me with a good share of doubts, the show has ended up growing on me. Relaxing is indeed a nice way to describe it. It helps that great characters such as Chikage were introduced.

What's surprised me the most lately is the use of French. While the first spoken lines in earlier episodes weren't the best (along with a few spelling mistakes when it comes to cake names on the chalkboards), the ones in episode 6 felt rather impressive. I don't think any of the seiyuu really know the language, but Keiji Fujiwara and Kazuhiko Inoue just had the right pronunciation here - I guess a French speaker must have helped in the recording process. The same praise should go to the 'movie' scene, with French subtitles that flowed perfectly well and were devoid of any kind of mistake.

Now if only all anime studios / production teams could pull out the same effort when attempting to use English...
Old 2008-08-09, 18:14   Link #49
Meirin
Locked Girl

This is one series that I'm enjoying immensely at the moment. It's so relaxing, so refreshing and also rather sophisticated. I love the use of CG in this show, it's wonderfully realistic. The OP and ED sequences are quite something and even the sponsor screen looks interesting. It's proof that CG can both be both fitting for a story's setting and be visually pleasing.

I thought the BL development in episode 3/4 was rather sudden, but I like the pace its settled into now. Bring on the cake fanservice and SD characters!
Old 2008-08-31, 12:56   Link #50
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
For ep 7..
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-02, 11:03   Link #51
Mini

Oh My...

Episode 8... o.O wow, I didn't see THAT one coming.
I am really enjoying this show! When it first started I thought that Chikage was just your typical sweet/overly sensitive character, but now I am seriously starting to get a 'Forest Gump' vibe from him.
I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode! Thank you for subbing this! ^_^
Spoiler:

*dies laughing*
Old 2008-09-10, 13:47   Link #52
Mini

Episode 10...
Hello Drama! It seems like everyone has a messed up past...
Spoiler:

Thanks for the upload! I can't wait to see how this series will turn out.
Old 2008-09-14, 00:32   Link #53
desi09
Sono un cattivo perdente.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Episode 10...
Hello Drama! It seems like everyone has a messed up past...
Spoiler:

Thanks for the upload! I can't wait to see how this series will turn out.
Yup....question about episode 10:
Spoiler for 10:

Oh and I FINALLY found this thread......!!
Old 2009-08-11, 06:50   Link #54
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

I see this is now under LICENSED, which company picked it up and when is it getting released?
Old 2009-08-11, 08:45   Link #55
Dop
Mmmm....

Rightstuf/Nozomi got it, (official site here), for 2010 release.
(hopefully early 2010!)

Complete series box release, presumably subs only like many of their releases.
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina