AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 13:39   Link #1961
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
To confirm what Fenrir_valindri said above, in episode 3 (around 5 minutes in), Kuroyukihime says that the program doesn't leave a trace when it's uninstalled, so without evidence no one would believe the program exists. So they never said that you lose your memories, but you certainly lose access to the program forever, and for people who've spent countless time in the game, I suppose they might wish they did.
I think it is mentioned "matter of factly." It's in one of the early episodes that losing all points leads to memory erasure but I'm not entirely sure.

The water girl has memory erasing powers through the brain burst program, by the way. Memory erasure is totally possible with the brain burst program.

This series keeps teasing about what is going to happen to Haru and Kuro. He keeps telling her that he'd take a bullet for her and never fight her. Kuro then tells him to never say that and that a fight could be inevitable.

The new Red King never knew or saw the previous Red King.

It's like flags are being thrown all over the place...
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 14:15   Link #1962
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

That really doesn't hint at memory erasure, and having recently re-watched the earlier episodes, I can safely say nothing about memory erasure is every mentioned except for the special ability of Aqua Current (Memory Leak).
Old 2012-06-20, 16:50   Link #1963
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I think it is mentioned "matter of factly." It's in one of the early episodes that losing all points leads to memory erasure but I'm not entirely sure.

The water girl has memory erasing powers through the brain burst program, by the way. Memory erasure is totally possible with the brain burst program.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
That really doesn't hint at memory erasure, and having recently re-watched the earlier episodes, I can safely say nothing about memory erasure is every mentioned except for the special ability of Aqua Current (Memory Leak).
Indeed; they say the program will be wiped along with all possibility of re-entering, but it's not part of the design of the program that memories be wiped. That doesn't mean that they couldn't introduce that element through some other means (such as Aqua Current), but it's not an established rule of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Hey! I have only read up to vol 02 which is the current story The other info's are only small summary or info about the kings which can be found on the novel thread. Aside from that are pure assumptions specially the characteristics for black and white which is totally unknown or maybe irregular.
Well, even by reading the novel thread, you have more information than you should, so you have to be extremely careful what you say here. Your speculation is tainted, so you can't really pretend that you're in the same boat as anime-only viewers. I really don't want to be spoiled on this story (and that's the forum rule anyway).
Old 2012-06-21, 05:43   Link #1964
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

This anime really should take itself more seriously, I'm sick of stupid harems. Such a waste of potential.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 09:26   Link #1965
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
This anime really should take itself more seriously, I'm sick of stupid harems. Such a waste of potential.
Huh?!?!?, Me dont compute of what you say,

This series is very serious and dont play off the Harem card either. I dont know what series you are talking about.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:45   Link #1966
OPN

Decent episode for the most part. I got a good chuckle at kuro and little-red (cant remember her name so i'm calling her little red ) fighting over haruyuki and takumus reaction was hilarious . Heres hoping the next episode shows some of the other kings fighting.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:59   Link #1967
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
About being sick of harems....don't be so hasty to write it off as such just yet, is all I'll say.
Old 2012-06-21, 11:06   Link #1968
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Harem...He's got one girl who openly stated she loves him...an overly attached childhood friend with a boyfriend and...a loli that has shown no interest in him aside from what is needed to use him for her own goals.

I wouldn't say this is a harem =.=
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 11:25   Link #1969
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Harem...He's got one girl who openly stated she loves him...an overly attached childhood friend with a boyfriend and...a loli that has shown no interest in him aside from what is needed to use him for her own goals.

I wouldn't say this is a harem =.=
You mean the tsundere loli who's trying to make Kuroyukihime jealous?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:00   Link #1970
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
You mean the tsundere loli who's trying to make Kuroyukihime jealous?
Yes, the tsundere loli that gets of on pissing others off.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 15:10   Link #1971
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Because their assumption was that this was an internal Red Legion matter, and so they weren't expecting the Yellow King to crash the party.
From Niko's perspective, the current Chrome Disaster that's affecting Cherry Rook is internal Red Legion business; she has to clean up her own mess herself, before Cherry Rook breaks the non-aggression pact by killing too many members of other legions. She calls in Black Lotus and crew, and is operating on the assumption that since Black Legion has declared war on everyone else, nobody will be expecting her to bring them in to help her, and anyway it's an internal Red Legion matter so nobody from the outside legions should get involved.
This is true, exactly how the situation started.

Quote:
Which, if the Chrome Disaster was a spontaneous manifestation, would be a reasonable assumption.
In episode 9, at around 9:00 minutes, Niko and Black Legion has this conversation
BL: “Impossible, the Armor has already been destroyed. Two and a half years ago, I witnessed the last of the chrome disaster and that armor.
N: “Then explain why it has resurfaced again.”
Moreover, after showing Haru the vision of the battle with the 4th chrome disaster BL said this
“Afterwards I and the other kings confirmed that the armor no longer existed in the storage.“
N: “Then how do you explain what is happening now?”
(I don’t know what they actually say in Japanese but I think the subbed is close enough).

From this it should be clear that there is a decent chance that this fifth chrome disaster is not a spontaneous result and that an external power is involved (which we know from episode 10 to be true). Knowing this, they should be considering the possibility that the Chrome Disaster may in fact be created. (Note here that I am not denying that it could just have been spontaneous, but they should definitely NOT rule out the possibility it wasn't.) But the creation of it is definitely at a high level. Hence, the possibility that other kings may be involved. In all the other Chrome Disaster incidents, we know that more that multiple kings were involved.

but Instead I was surprised they turned out to be like you say

Quote:
Again, they were expecting to be dealing with the Chrome Disaster quietly and alone; they didn't expect it to be a trap laid by the Yellow Legion.
Quote:
Was there a lack of paranoia? Perhaps, but remember: These are kids. They're, what, sixteen at the most? They weren't expecting an ambush because prior to this time, it was not known that a Chrome Disaster could be created. Had they known that, they would probably have prepared.
This doesn’t make any sense...Obviously, we know their physically 16 year olds and they dwell in a 16 year old body. But they are a group comprised of 2 kings of Accel World, the amount of time dilation they experienced in that world should make their heads well above age 25. I think it was approximately 1 year in that world is a day in the real world (I don’t know if it is exact but it is close).

Quote:
Wasn't the best of plans, but it was the best they came up with with the information they knew at the time.
They planned poorly and that for me was unexpected, that is why they find themselves in the hole they are in now.

Quote:
Edit: As an addendum: If Black Lotus and her crew were making an attack of their own, yes, they ought to be prepared for anybody to attack them. But this sitiuation with Niko was so out of the ordinary. It'd be like a team of Navy SEALs working alongside Osama bin Laden.
Ymmv.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 12:23   Link #1972
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

ep 11 is really a mind blower, the best part is the fight is actually better than the lightnovel, I'm gland that Sunrise animated this show.

Spoiler for Black and Red King:
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 13:02   Link #1973
tsunade666

episode 11.... leaves me hanging .....predictable cliffhanger but nonetheless darn cliffhanger -_- Felt fast paced in the beginning but its also good because the fighting took more time than the explanation but the emotional value lacks because its fast. Specially the video present by Yellow radio didn't give much impact to me.
Old 2012-06-22, 14:19   Link #1974
Shungin12

so did taku lose his brain burst since he was defeated
and it looks like yellow going to lose his too
Man ep. 11 was really good
Shungin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 14:50   Link #1975
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shungin12 View Post
so did taku lose his brain burst since he was defeated
Well, haven't seen the episode yet, but just being defeated doesn't cause you to lose the game; you have to lose all your points. He should have enough points at the moment that he can withstand a few losses, I would think...
Old 2012-06-22, 14:57   Link #1976
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Great episode.

We finally saw how Red Rider died. He should have seen that one coming. Although, what is with the hula hoop? It looks ridiculous.

Scarlet Rain defines More Dakka and also shows the weakness of a large and long range fortress. Get multiple people to get close and attack with jamming support. Her avatar fits her too well. She enjoy slaughtering them.

Black Lotus maybe you should have killed Yellow first instead. Speaking of Yellow, he employs illusions and mind rape. Indirect types are truly difficult in their own right.

Looking forward to the Chrome Disaster fight.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 15:27   Link #1977
Bombo
TSF Fans

All hail Black Lotus
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 15:51   Link #1978
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Awesome, this episode was just...awesome

Also, Purple Thorn is voiced by Mizuhashi Kaori (Tomoe Mami's VA)...fits like a glove :3
Old 2012-06-22, 16:34   Link #1979
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

wow great episode, lot of cool animation, though the siver crow evading the bullet scene was badly done, not animation wise, but it would had hit his wing given the movement he did, what really amazes me is how every single episode has ended in a cliffhanger, and thats bad since each one seems more interesting than the last.
Old 2012-06-22, 17:43   Link #1980
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
All hail Black Lotus
Images
ep 11 and Lotus in action
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

What an amazing ep this was. Haven't seen battle animation as great as this for a while.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-06-22 at 19:54. Reason: Please don't post large under spoiler tags; use thumbnails or the images tag instead
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen