haseo0408

After beating the game I have to say:

Spoiler for Velvet:
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 16:38   Link #402
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

^ Probably avoid talking about Zestria anime for people who haven't watched it yet or aren't caught up.
Old 2017-03-12, 19:20   Link #403
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
^ Probably avoid talking about Zestria anime for people who haven't watched it yet or aren't caught up.
Oh, sorry, didnīt know that, Iīll more careful next time. thank you.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 10:07   Link #404
Ultragunner

just finished the game on PC (oh dear, I took forever )

First thing first, Velvet's voice in English is pretty darn good (it should probably be known by now), but my gosh dat English dub of Laphicet , I mean seriously??? Well, I was gonna play ToB in Jap anyway, but still!!!!

The game did a lot of things right with its characters, Velvet seems to be the most popular, but I am most impressed with Eleanor. Who could have thought a serious but earnest, honor-student type character could work so well. I've seen a lot of characters in this troupe, but Eleanor just...works, it's hard to describe, but u get what I mean.

About our Laphicet, I actually consider him the other protagonist of the game, and he clearly reminds me of Vivi from FFIX....which is not a bad thing, not at all
Old 2017-11-24, 16:50   Link #405
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally had time to sit down, play, and beat this one. And it was really enjoyable.

In some ways really enjoyed the moments where the characters could appreciate the extreme consequences of what they were doing. The characters overall were pretty likable. In their own ways they were very much unapologetic about being themselves. Obviously some characters really change through the story, but some really just stay true to who they are. The game just accepts that not everyone thinks the same way, but can keep moving in a similar direction.

I'd probably say that Eleanor, Velvet, and Laphicet were my favorites in this one overall. I just like the growth from Laphicet throughout. The extremes that Velvet hit through her journey worked and overall I feel she's one of the better Tales protagonists of the past few games. I also liked how they handled Eleanor through her personal journey and yet keeping true to her core personalty.

Spoiler for Ending Thoughts:

I don't know where I'd put it on the list of Tales games I've played. But I will say this was a really nice bounce back. Didn't care that much for Zesteria. But this was just a really good game. Nice that while some game series struggle to return to form, Tales managed it pretty nicely here.
Old 2017-12-01, 12:52   Link #406
Ultragunner

yeah, Berseria really delivers on the characters, setting and story. Throughout the game, pretty mch all the conflicts are personal, but it totally work, especially when compared to the lack luster focus of Zestiria

though I wish they had kept the more open world design like in Zestiria for Berseria, what a shame
Old 2017-12-03, 21:26   Link #407
GDB

I don't really recall Zestiria having any more of an open world than Xillia, Xillia 2, Graces F, Vesperia, or Symphonia though. Unless it didn't have "zoning transitions" like the others since I blocked most of Zestiria out and can't remember if it did or didn't. But that's still not really much of a difference.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 23:02   Link #408
Shadow5YA

Zestiria did, but they were far less in number. Entering a town was seamless, for example. Berseria has instanced areas like Graces.

In general, I think Tales needs some fresh ideas on how to approach the overworld, considering both that and the dungeons have large areas of empty space with no interactivity and drag as a result.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 23:57   Link #409
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The only real bad thing to say about Berseria that it's a prequel to a crappy Zestiria
I hope it's successful enough to give us more unusual setup like this.

I think Magilou maybe the biggest surprise to me. Was not expecting to adore her so much.
Old 2017-12-04, 10:20   Link #410
GDB

Well, apparently the next title/info is dropping in just under two weeks, so we'll start finding out soon.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc/steam, ps3, rpg