AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-14, 07:01   Link #61
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
The question is .... why the hell would he?
Well, I mainly agree with your words, that in light of his other techniques he shouldn't waste time to develop the Rasengan, which will probably take him a long time.

But it's not that it doesn't complement his style. By all means, Rasengan is a close quarter move. Neji peaks in taijutsu, his Jyuuken in combination with rasengan is an unholy combo would't you agree?

When you talk about people who don't complement the rasengan, think along the lines of Temari, Shino, Orochimaru, Gaara or other long range shinobi.

A thought just struck me,

If Shika was able to perform the rasengan, he could use it in combination with his kage mane, Most likely the opponent won't be able to do it so it doesn't copy.
Old 2004-12-14, 09:36   Link #62
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Well, I mainly agree with your words, that in light of his other techniques he shouldn't waste time to develop the Rasengan, which will probably take him a long time.

But it's not that it doesn't complement his style. By all means, Rasengan is a close quarter move. Neji peaks in taijutsu, his Jyuuken in combination with rasengan is an unholy combo would't you agree?

When you talk about people who don't complement the rasengan, think along the lines of Temari, Shino, Orochimaru, Gaara or other long range shinobi.

A thought just struck me,

If Shika was able to perform the rasengan, he could use it in combination with his kage mane, Most likely the opponent won't be able to do it so it doesn't copy.
i agree in disagreeing on the complimenting part it would be more of it being redundant since he already has a move that can kill pple in close quarters thus dealing inmense dmg at close quarters is useless

on the long range part, maybe if the nins managed to do throw their rasengans.... but then pple will start talking about dbz again oh well
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 13:55   Link #63
Reticent

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Uh, not necessarily. Look at Itachi for example. He was pretty polite with Asuma and Kurenai, acting all nice-like, yet he didnt have any qualms about killing them when he deemed it necessary.

Also, if you read the latest chapters you can see how nice guys can turn out to be the most ruthless of murderers.

In this instance, I think its more likely that Jiraiya didnt use the amount of power in the rasengan he created like he did during Naruto's training, because he's a nice guy.
...or he used the same amount of power as ever and stopped the move just before he would have drilled through that guys chest.

Itachi isn't nice, just kind of formal. And that guy from the later chapters you're talking about? You'll notice he hasn't murdered anyone.

If rasengan can be performed so casually I don't think the series would have made such a big deal out of it.

Else, why not teach it to Sakura? She's got perfect chakra controll and lacks in offense moves.
Reticent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 15:19   Link #64
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

i think everyone forgets that there is a nuance trick that is shown to complete the rasengan - the dot/swirl mark on the hand(or in naruto's case the konaha symbol)! naruto could not even do the rasengan until jiraiya showed him the trick and the fact that jiraiya needs/still uses this trick on his hands to do the rasengan; this means this is the reason/secret why jiraiya/fourth are the only ones that can do rasengan. so the amount of chakra is not important in doing the rasengan; however it still determines the power/fatality. so anyone can learn the rasengan as long as someone teaches it properly.
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 17:47   Link #65
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticent
...or he used the same amount of power as ever and stopped the move just before he would have drilled through that guys chest.

Itachi isn't nice, just kind of formal. And that guy from the later chapters you're talking about? You'll notice he hasn't murdered anyone.

If rasengan can be performed so casually I don't think the series would have made such a big deal out of it.

Else, why not teach it to Sakura? She's got perfect chakra controll and lacks in offense moves.
The ex-stone chuunin's body was thrown the same way Kabuto was when he took the rasengan in the gut, so its more likely that Jiraiya executed the move without a hitch.

The guy I was referring to in my last post beat the shit out of Kakashi without even touching him.

The series makes a big deal out of it because of its rank in the hierarchy of jutsus, its level of destructiveness, its the last jutsu the Fourth left behind, and aside from the KB, it's now Naruto's ultimate trump card(I got this from Yugioh). Also, its the perfect complement to the Chidori.

Same reason why Neji, Shikamaru, Chouji, Ino, etc will never learn this jutsu: Theyre not the "egg" which Jiraiya has set his eyes on.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 19:31   Link #66
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
The ex-stone chuunin's body was thrown the same way Kabuto was when he took the rasengan in the gut, so its more likely that Jiraiya executed the move without a hitch.
No, it's likely that he replicated the rotational chakra motion but didn't bother with the compression, i.e. the third step, and thus the real power. You could see the chakra dissipating away as he let go, and Jiraiya said afterwards he went easy on him. There's no way the Stone Chuunin would be so lively after being hit by a real Rasengan when Kabuto was completely immobilized even with his regeneration.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 19:43   Link #67
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
No, it's likely that he replicated the rotational chakra motion but didn't bother with the compression, i.e. the third step, and thus the real power. You could see the chakra dissipating away as he let go, and Jiraiya said afterwards he went easy on him. There's no way the Stone Chuunin would be so lively after being hit by a real Rasengan when Kabuto was completely immobilized even with his regeneration.
The rasengan looked pretty compressed when he pushed it against the ex-stone-nin's stomach, and the guy's body reacted the same way as Kabuto when he was hit. Jiraiya did say he went easy on him, meaning he didnt use as much chakra as he could have in the rasengan he hit him with.

The chakra dissipating as he let go, is the same thing that happened when Naruto unleashed the rasengan on Kabuto, just at a smaller scale.
Old 2004-12-14, 20:09   Link #68
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

its kinda annoying when your questions are answered with another question as the answer to your question
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 20:23   Link #69
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi
its kinda annoying when your questions are answered with another question as the answer to your question
Can you elaborate?
Old 2004-12-14, 22:24   Link #70
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX79GMCustom
i think everyone forgets that there is a nuance trick that is shown to complete the rasengan - the dot/swirl mark on the hand(or in naruto's case the konaha symbol)! so anyone can learn the rasengan as long as someone teaches
it properly.
Haha, hilarious. Somebody please draw a damn uzu on sakura's hand so she can start wielding rasengan.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 01:29   Link #71
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
I just want to know where it states Neji doesn't have alot of chakra, I mean everyone is saying that as if they know
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 02:54   Link #72
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
I just want to know where it states Neji doesn't have alot of chakra, I mean everyone is saying that as if they know
He has tons, sure.

He just doesnt have very much when compared to:

1. adult shinobi
2. freaks like naruto

Even then, some of the adults arent even that heavy on the stuff. Kakashi can only do chidori twice as often as sasuke. That probably means sasuke has a decent chakura advantage over neji, but still nothing near the clumsy mass quantites naruto has. (even considering how inefficient he is at using it)

If neji has a weak point, i'd say it was taking any sort of physical damage that penetrates his defenses. For his fighting style he has plenty of chakura. (maybe when he gets a bit older his techniques will be much larger- like his uncle's. Still probably not enough to do a boss monster summon, but the vast majority of shinobi cannot do that (only hokage and above apparently) )
Old 2004-12-15, 03:21   Link #73
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
If neji has a weak point, i'd say it was taking any sort of physical damage that penetrates his defenses.
Hahaha.

That's the same for everybody.

Neji's other weakpoint is his "incomplete" Byakugan. (I dont know how else to put it without being banned.)

Manga readers should know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
I know, its implied during his match with Naruto, and in the later chapters in the arc being animated, that he's got a pretty large supply.
Old 2004-12-15, 06:56   Link #74
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Quote:
If neji has a weak point, i'd say it was taking any sort of physical damage that
penetrates his defenses.
Hahaha.

That's the same for everybody.
No, its not, not even close.

Kabuto for one example, Orochimaru, Naruto, Jiraiya, Tsunade, and even rock lee all seem to be able to take a beating without folding. Neji seems like he folds up pretty soon after a solid hit or two. Orochimaru seems like hes made out of rubber: tsunade hit him so hard so many times you'd think his bones sholud have been powdered by the end of the fight, but he didnt seem injured at all.
Old 2004-12-15, 12:16   Link #75
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX79GMCustom
i think everyone forgets that there is a nuance trick that is shown to complete the rasengan - the dot/swirl mark on the hand(or in naruto's case the konaha symbol)! naruto could not even do the rasengan until jiraiya showed him the trick and the fact that jiraiya needs/still uses this trick on his hands to do the rasengan; this means this is the reason/secret why jiraiya/fourth are the only ones that can do rasengan. so the amount of chakra is not important in doing the rasengan; however it still determines the power/fatality. so anyone can learn the rasengan as long as someone teaches it properly.
It's a basic trick that ninja students learn at the academy, Naruto even remembered that Iruka was trying to teach him an equivalent trick in the past.
It's just a way to help the concentration to focus the chakra on one point. Something that Neji can do while sleeping.

Quote:
Orochimaru seems like hes made out of rubber: tsunade hit him so hard so many times you'd think his bones sholud have been powdered by the end of the fight, but he didnt seem injured at all.
That was just one of the stupidest anime filler ever, Oro get one hit from Tsunade and he was done for.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 12:56   Link #76
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
That was just one of the stupidest anime filler ever, Oro get one hit from Tsunade and he was done for.
Hah, whos to say the manga isnt just some silly black and white filler, and the anime is the real story.

There are so many manga bigots it really gets annoying. If there was a text-only naruto book series I bet there would be whiners who say the manga is just "stupid filler" compared to the book. When you read the manga, yes you are mostly filling in the details with your imagination, and nothing is ever as good as that.

Old 2004-12-15, 14:10   Link #77
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

Quote:
It's a basic trick that ninja students learn at the academy, Naruto even remembered that Iruka was trying to teach him an equivalent trick in the past.
It's just a way to help the concentration to focus the chakra on one point. Something that Neji can do while sleeping.
the other nuance trick is rotating your chakra the same as how your body rotates chakra; which neji can presumably do, therefore we can say that neji can learn the rasengan. the only advantage, which has been stated, is that naruto has more chakra to practice with and healing ability. however, rasengan is a plot device so we won't be seeing any other character wielding it.
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 14:14   Link #78
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Hah, whos to say the manga isnt just some silly black and white filler, and the anime is the real story.
Is it really useful to answer to this stupidity or are you just unaware of what a filler is?

Quote:
There are so many manga bigots it really gets annoying. If there was a text-only naruto book series I bet there would be whiners who say the manga is just "stupid filler" compared to the book. When you read the manga, yes you are mostly filling in the details with your imagination, and nothing is ever as good as that.
So obviously you don't.
This part was made only to add length to this fight.
It could be completely unimportant or even good because there are little fighting fillers which are really good but this one is simply completely moronic and it contradict what was said even in the anime.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 15:44   Link #79
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Quote:

So really Tsunade never hits Oro in the Manga? I always thought Oro was able to take that punishment was because of the body he possessed. Guess I am wrong. I did find it kind of odd even for Oro to take all that punishment. I was just imagining he used kawarmi or something.....
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 15:53   Link #80
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega98767
So really Tsunade never hits Oro in the Manga? I always thought Oro was able to take that punishment was because of the body he possessed. Guess I am wrong. I did find it kind of odd even for Oro to take all that punishment. I was just imagining he used kawarmi or something.....
That one punch in the manga was actually perfect. It showed Tsunades strenght but at the same time it proved Orochimaru is just horribly strong to even survive one punch of Tsunade. Which, by his own words, would finish anyone.

The anime filler tipped that whole balance, sadly, into oblivion.