Notices

Old 2011-01-26, 21:49   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
D-Fragments (D-Frag)

Author/Artist: Tomoya Haruno
Genre: Comedy, School Life, Seinen, Slice of Life

Synopsis: Kazama Kenji likes to believe he is something of a delinquent. Moreover, others seem to like to agree that he is. Of course, Kenji's gang finds their way to a group of four not-so-normal girls - Chitose, Sakura, Minami and Roka - and all at once, whatever reputation he may have, is nothing compared to the outrageous behaviour of the girls. Shanghaied into joining their club, the Game Creator club, what will happen to his everday life from that point on?

Been with this one for a while and since I'm starting to re-read Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai, I thought I'd make a topic for those who didn't know about this. As the synopsis suggests, it's one of those "'normal' guy joins group of weird girls" type of stories. The focus of the chapters can be a bit scattered at times, but nonetheless, its quite hilarious =03. The manga REALLY reminds me of Seitokai Yakuindono and BwTnS in how the comedy is portrayed, but the characters are easily different enough to differentiate itself from them.

Spoiler for chap 14:

side note: The translation of the first 3 chapters may be a bit off to some, as I think it was a solo effort, but after that, it should be more than okay.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 21:53   Link #2
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Yup it can get confusing at times, but it's a pretty charming series. It's mostly the characters that do it for me. Can't think of a character I don't like.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 22:01   Link #3
Johnny
Working the bags...

Came across this the other day. As you said the earlier chapters seem somewhat off, but it gets better. The last few chapters were the best so far...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 22:14   Link #4
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Came across this the other day. As you said the earlier chapters seem somewhat off, but it gets better. The last few chapters were the best so far...
Indeed. The more serious moments are actually pretty good, even though most of them are either in between or smack dab in the middle of some comedic moment(s).
Old 2011-01-26, 22:40   Link #5
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Ah, frubam, always making threads for manga I also like but too lazy to do so myself.

I guess I'll have to rep you as thanks for all the hard work.

D-Frag's an interesting piece, I'd say. It keeps surprising me above my expectations, which started out pretty low, and is getting higher. The serious scenes for example don't feel tagged on even if they're actually pretty silly in content. The mangaka sure knows how to carry the right tone.

And of course the characters are likable. Rather, I'd say they're getting more likable since I started out with plenty of reservations about the club members' personalities.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 14:02   Link #6
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Ah, frubam, always making threads for manga I also like but too lazy to do so myself.
lol yea I was gonna make a thread for this ages ago(after chapter 2 came out I think) cause this is one of my current favorites, glad some people aren't as lazy as me!

I have to agree that this does start on a odd note more than anything else and tbh not really great in any way but yea very charming and does get better as it goes on, altho I did love it from the get go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
And of course the characters are likable. Rather, I'd say they're getting more likable since I started out with plenty of reservations about the club members' personalities.
+1

I also had reservations about the club members as well especially the STC Pres but you know what they all surprised me, they are all very likable indeed.

My favorite character tho is Takao, yea there are obvious reasons but I really do love her character even if she may seem abit too tsundere. She is a great balance I think pretty tsundere but not too far gone she becomes unbearable.

I like Kazama alot, he's cool. He may get dragged into the girl's paces but he isn't completely at the mercy or pathetic towards them.

Oh and helps that Roka is all jealous of any girl getting close to him

Always looking forward to seeing more from this series.
Old 2011-03-11, 23:52   Link #7
jzmagic
flargansbog

I just started reading this, but it's hard to get some of the humor since the translations are a bit poor.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 03:16   Link #8
cyberdemon

I can't decide between Roka and Takao! They're just so adorable!
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 07:20   Link #9
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Takao is the best, or at least the most sane for me.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 10:06   Link #10
d-one

Oh god, I never knew someone make this thread here.

Thanks for reading it. As the scanlator member, I really happy that you guys like it.

And sorry for the long delay from chapter 16 since most of the staff get hook with other things like real life and Madoka
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 13:30   Link #11
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
Oh god, I never knew someone make this thread here.

Thanks for reading it. As the scanlator member, I really happy that you guys like it.

And sorry for the long delay from chapter 16 since most of the staff get hook with other things like real life and Madoka
Oh Madoka! How I love that deconstruction of mahou shoujo anime! I guess is everyone in that series will die horrible deaths!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 04:45   Link #12
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Looks like Funabori is the new woobie for the author and the other characters to chew on.

I approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
Thanks for reading it.
Thank you for scanlating it.
Old 2011-05-07, 19:47   Link #13
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for chp 20/21:
Old 2011-05-07, 20:40   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I had guessed what the outcome of this would be and when Kazuma said he take care of the pouch, it just confirmed it all, abit predictable but still great to read.
I love how Roka is with Kazuma, her jealously or wanting attention from him is great to see but Takeo is still my favorite.

I think my favorite part was the whole luck thing, just very very funny

Love how the author handles background characters, instead of all looking like generic characters he mixes them up, the most unlikely of crowds.

I look forward to seeing this new bunch of characters and when we finally get to see Kazama's sister.

TAMA-CHAN~ HANG IN THERE!
Old 2011-05-08, 06:26   Link #15
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I don't know what's going on except it was all incredibly GAR. Everybody's so dandy, even the weird shadowy rivals at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
TAMA-CHAN~ HANG IN THERE!
That was d'awww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam
Funabori is being/dressing as a [angel]nurse.
That was even more HNNNNGGGG-

Although the poor thing doesn't stand a chance against the game club presidents' duo, lol. Kazama's way too dense for her type of gentle, quiet love.
Old 2011-05-09, 00:34   Link #16
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Ch 22 came out real fast.

The chapter, you could say,

It's poppin'!

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH-

Spoiler for lol:
Old 2011-05-09, 08:57   Link #17
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol that was bloody hilarious, I've never such a odd reason for students to be called for a teacher/student meeting

Takao she's the source of all the boob envy, thats my Takao for ya!

You know the thing with the Takao bullying is, it makes you love Takao cause of it but at same time you don't really want it to stop cause it never really goes over the top.

I really do love how the author handles the other students, even if they just appear once ro twice they feel like part of the cast, pretty good going there.
There reason for doing the "pop~ped zipper" were just too funny

The small flashback did indeed have some great jokes, particularly the face and name ones.

Oh and YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH for Takao at the end, the dere~!!!

p.s this school has got some of the best male teachers you will see, so dandy!
Old 2011-05-09, 13:44   Link #18
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Roka or Takao? Roka or Takao? Roka or Takao? Arghh... I can't decide!
Old 2011-05-14, 17:35   Link #19
Xacual

After chapter 23, please Kazama recognize that Takao likes you already! Though to be honest did she herself in this chapter finally realize it too? It seemed that way at the end.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 18:00   Link #20
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Takao? Takao!

She's so irresistible in this chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
Oh and YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH for Takao at the end, the dere~!!!
It just got even better!

Tags
club, comedy, gag, school life, seinen, slice of life