AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 36.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 19.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-18, 13:40   Link #81
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Just because Sena loses every time they go at it, there's no need to make her the victim of bullying. Sena bashed the cell phone idea from the start, Sena was the who told yozora she should honored to give her yozora's number. l couldn't give a damn if that's not how she really feels the damage has been done. ln an actual situation people would had grown tired with her on "l'm so better than you" attitude. By now she would probably be excluded from friend activities because they would had grown tired of it.

l'm sorry but Sena is no victim but more so a child. when sena knows she's beaten she results to the usual childlike response, a few insults then run away crying.
Old 2011-11-18, 14:08   Link #82
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ You know what's hilarious? 40 freebies and only one Kodaka avatar. Anyway, we have a thread for that, so it's better if you post them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Just because Sena loses every time they go at it, there's no need to make her the victim of bullying. Sena bashed the cell phone idea from the start, Sena was the who told yozora she should honored to give her yozora's number. l couldn't give a damn if that's not how she really feels the damage has been done. ln an actual situation people would had grown tired with her on "l'm so better than you" attitude. By now she would probably be excluded from friend activities because they would had grown tired of it.

l'm sorry but Sena is no victim but more so a child. when sena knows she's beaten she results to the usual childlike response, a few insults then run away crying.
It becomes one major predicament when a guy makes an argument that starts off in the complete opposite direction to you that you'd have to actually start by commenting on every single sentance, creating a ugly, confrontational and ever-dreaded wall of text, no one likes to see. So for the sake of my sanity, I'm just going to ignore this. Just wanted to clarify that before anyone says anything...
Old 2011-11-18, 14:13   Link #83
KLGChaos
The Shermain

One of the weaker episodes, imo, but I found the discovery of using the cell phones funny. Yozora's was much better this episode and her bullying of Sena was somewhat justified. Sadly, she had to ruin it by going completely overboard in the end. That's her problem-- she doesn't know when to stop or when she does something, she does it in a really bad way. There's a difference between Sena's idea of sending a few annoying messages and having her phone bombarded by spam.
Old 2011-11-18, 14:14   Link #84
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
^ You know what's hilarious? 40 freebies and only one Kodaka avatar. Anyway, we have a thread for that, so it's better if you post them there.
ah, I'm aware of that thread but since most members usually check out just the latest episodes thread I added it here. anyways it's on both threads now

and lolwtf what made me make that Kodaka gif anyways? i usually don't make male ones >_<
Old 2011-11-18, 14:44   Link #85
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Yozora's spam messages to Sena backfired with jealousy. I still quite enjoy this episode with Yozora and Kodaka being amazed with what cellphone can do.
Old 2011-11-18, 19:33   Link #86
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

What Yozora and Sena kinda remind of is; Back when I was a kid / teen the guys would always make fun of one another for fun but then there's always this one friend that goes too far and everyone will just look at him like "that's not cool man." Yozora lacks that restraint and always takes it one step too far.
Old 2011-11-18, 20:28   Link #87
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

It's a shame really for Yozora. All she wants is friends but it's not Sena or Kodaka or anyone that holding her back...it's herself. She's letting hate and jealousy get in the way of whats important which is acting as a friend would to other people. Instead, she's more concerned with making sure Sena doesn't get any friends, and by doing this, she fully concentrates on annoying Sena and completely forgets to get herself involved in the activities their all suppose to be doing (Games and Karaoke are the perfect example from the last few episodes) And eventually it just backfires for her since Kodaka licks Sena's wounds for her since she's such a...vulnarable person that sets herself up easily.

Why do I have the feeling that even though Yozora is the creator of the club, she will be the one to still not be recognised as a proper friend near the end of the anime by the others because of her own faults...it's ashame.

However, Yozora could have a good reason for her jealousy towards everyone when it comes to Kodaka. As the anime obviously shows, both of them were childhood friends and neither of them know it (That i'm aware off for Yozora) But maybe, just maybe, even though Yozora doesn't remember him, Kodoka reminds her of the only friend she had when they were younger (Which was Kodaka anyway) which is why she hates it when Sena is around him...he resembled her only friend that she hadn't properly said goodbye too.
Old 2011-11-18, 20:34   Link #88
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
It's a shame really for Yozora. All she wants is friends but it's not Sena or Kodaka or anyone that holding her back...it's herself. She's letting hate and jealousy get in the way of whats important which is acting as a friend would to other people. Instead, she's more concerned with making sure Sena doesn't get any friends, and by doing this, she fully concentrates on annoying Sena and completely forgets to get herself involved in the activities their all suppose to be doing (Games and Karaoke are the perfect example from the last few episodes) And eventually it just backfires for her since Kodaka licks Sena's wounds for her since she's such a...vulnarable person that sets herself up easily.

Why do I have the feeling that even though Yozora is the creator of the club, she will be the one to still not be recognised as a proper friend near the end of the anime by the others because of her own faults...it's ashame.

However, Yozora could have a good reason for her jealousy towards everyone when it comes to Kodaka. As the anime obviously shows, both of them were childhood friends and neither of them know it (That i'm aware off for Yozora) But maybe, just maybe, even though Yozora doesn't remember him, Kodoka reminds her of the only friend she had when they were younger (Which was Kodaka anyway) which is why she hates it when Sena is around him...he resembled her only friend that she hadn't properly said goodbye too.
I'm certain that Yozora already knows that Kodoka is the childhood friend since that one episode when Kodoka woke up saying the line from his dream and she said "You remembered." Kodoka is set on believing that his friend was a boy so has no idea that she was "him".
Old 2011-11-18, 20:41   Link #89
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Like HayashiTakara said, Yozora already knew that Kodaka was her childhood friend.
Old 2011-11-18, 20:44   Link #90
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

That good then, it adds to the possibilities to why she's so jealous when it comes to Sena being around Kodaka :P
Old 2011-11-18, 20:46   Link #91
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Better again than last week's episode. Yozora is still trying to make Sena run away crying though.

First off, Rika really rules with her perversion

Also, the "manly" maid force-feeding the nun protein drinks XD

Then, they discover a marvelous new device called "mobile phone". I'd at first expected that none of them has one, since no one has anyone to call, but they had found other uses for it...
Only one to not have one because of no need is Sena. She first tries the "too mundane" trip again, but after Kodaka and Yozora seem to have so much fun with it (and Yozora rubbing her the wrong way again with all that "niku" stuff), she gets one as well, same model and colour as Kodaka.
Yozora now extends her bullying to the mobile phone, which however badly backfires on her, as Sena now gets Kodaka's fully attention

Next episode will be really interesting again with those swimsuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They can use a HP, but they just never used it's 'normal' function

It's like suddenly finding out your TV can double as a toaster all along
The other way round... it's more like having used the TV as a toaster all the time and suddenly finding out you can use it to watch TV programmes XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sadly, Yozora went overboard at the end once again. Her real problem is that she doesn't know moderation. When Sena provokes her (unwittingly or not), she retaliates disproportionately. She basically brings a bazooka to a bare hand fight, making the battle so uneven it becomes one-sided bullying. She needs to realize that Sena just has a big mouth and doesn't actually have the means to fight with her on equal ground. Now that she has noticed that her actions are bringing Sena and Kodaka closer, I have good hope she'll start treating Sena slightly better, if only for her own sake. Or maybe she'll be pissed and it will escalate instead. We'll see.
Fully agree. I really hope she'll stop her bullying - or, as that most likely won't happen, as she seems to enjoy the bullying too much, at least decrease her bullying somewhat (before the urge to hit a brick in her face for her constant excessive bullying gets too strong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd say that ff what she really wants is a challenge, then she ought to target Rika whom I'm sure could give her a run for her money. I can't imagine Rika yielding down easily.
That's right, but bullies always pick on the people of which they know they can't come back at them properly. Any prospect of people being able to retaliate their attacks properly makes them quickly lose interest of the person in question.
Old 2011-11-18, 22:28   Link #92
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Sena how many time she goes running out crying because of Yozora
Old 2011-11-18, 22:55   Link #93
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Poor Sena how many time she goes running out crying because of Yozora
Oh...but she always one ups her in the end so it's even despite Yozora being a bitch...

Picturing the aftermath of the protein incident is really funny

And yay....hot insert pic of Kobato
Old 2011-11-18, 23:47   Link #94
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I have to admit I really quite liked this ep despite how it made me faceplam at certain parts concerning the cell phones.

I also have to admit I still really like when Sena goes running off crying and shouting, it's too cute!
So in a way I have to say I still like seeing Yozora trolling Sena but only in the sense of giving me some adorable Sena.

LOL & <3 @ Sena gaming with a blank screen, that was great!

Love Sena's casual ware, but then I think thats down to the whole, "we see em in uniforms all the time so when it's something different it will seem awesome!" type of thing.
Much like when you get different hair styles.

Now question(or more just curosity thats been on my mind for awhile) but do the Japanese really still use flip phones these days?
Most users here now use touch screen, I would have thought that would be the same for Japan as well, consider getting a touch screen phone is now relatively cheap(not aiming this at the group here but more in general)
When will we start seeing touch screen phones being the norm in anime?
Guess it will still be some time before we do, think theres a touch screen phone in Ben-to.
Also is only the Japanese that use infrared thingy, cause I've never once used it and nor do I know of anyone that has lol.
I'm totally not sure if it's a "behind the times" or "ahead of the times" thing!
Old 2011-11-19, 01:39   Link #95
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I have to admit I really quite liked this ep despite how it made me faceplam at certain parts concerning the cell phones.

I also have to admit I still really like when Sena goes running off crying and shouting, it's too cute!
So in a way I have to say I still like seeing Yozora trolling Sena but only in the sense of giving me some adorable Sena.

Love Sena's casual ware, but then I think thats down to the whole, "we see em in uniforms all the time so when it's something different it will seem awesome!" type of thing.

Now question(or more just curosity thats been on my mind for awhile) but do the Japanese really still use flip phones these days?
Most users here now use touch screen, I would have thought that would be the same for Japan as well, consider getting a touch screen phone is now relatively cheap(not aiming this at the group here but more in general)
Guess it will still be some time before we do, think theres a touch screen phone in Ben-to.
Also is only the Japanese that use infrared thingy, cause I've never once used it and nor do I know of anyone that has lol.
I'm totally not sure if it's a "behind the times" or "ahead of the times" thing!
IR is old stuff, I don't beam contacts these days anymore so I don't know whether it's still available on my Nexus?

In more than 80% of the novels and manga I read, the characters use flip phones. The only one I remember using iPhone was Kirino.

That aside, this episode was okay, I didn't laugh that much. I think the initial part on realizing they have phones dragged out a little, imo.
Old 2011-11-19, 02:56   Link #96
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

You gotta remember, touch phones are incredibly expensive. No kid can afford those on their own without generous parents or a part time job. It's much more affordable to just get a standard flip phone from a phone kiosk or store. And many phones are prepaid as well, only those with deep pockets actually have plans.
Old 2011-11-19, 05:44   Link #97
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
IR is old stuff, I don't beam contacts these days anymore so I don't know whether it's still available on my Nexus?

In more than 80% of the novels and manga I read, the characters use flip phones. The only one I remember using iPhone was Kirino.

That aside, this episode was okay, I didn't laugh that much. I think the initial part on realizing they have phones dragged out a little, imo.
I actually found the whole phone scene to be the funniest part of the episode. It did drag on a bit, though.

I think what I like about Sena is that her arrogant attitude is obviously a front for her insecurity. She wasn't bashing the cell phones to be mean-- she was doing it because she doesn't have one and felt insecure about being left out. It's a typical tsundereish reaction to the situation. She can go into full dere mode at any time.

And as DXMichael said, Yozora is the one that's holding herself back. It's funny... the Neighbor's Club was started to help people make friends. However, with almost all the members, it isn't that they can't make friends-- it's that they're all just misunderstood people. Yozora seems to be the only one who really can't do it, so she needs the club more than anyone else there. But she allows her personality to get in the way. I'd feel sorry for her if she didn't constantly treat others like crap.
Old 2011-11-19, 10:13   Link #98
ookamigirl

That club of theirs has sure become pretty crowded.
Interesting how exchanging e-mail addresses & phone numbers made them extatic.
Sena was pretty bummed out at first until she got a phone too.
Yozora should work on her people skills.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-11-19, 10:20   Link #99
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

LOL, the cell phone discovery was hilarious . "You can use it for other things than to call home?" - "I have heard legends of this mysterious infrared feature" just awesome among the other lines. Similar with their shocked realization of how fast the transfer of infrared was. And I have to admit that Yozora was actually quite lovely during her dialogue and first real success in exchanging contact data, I mean just look how blissful they looked. "I think I have really achieved something today". Congratulations to Kodaka ! Though you could basically taste her jealousy when Sena had her happy talk with Kodaka and got "too close" to him physically. It was surprising that no pervy comment from Rika came about Yozora's "You were my first ever!"

Kodaka's scared imagination of how Yukimura made Maria consume all the "healthy" supplements was not bad as well.
@Sena: It was kinda sad to see how she felt left out due to not having a cell phone, so it was logical for me that her tsundere-comment was simply a cover for it.
Old 2011-11-19, 11:19   Link #100
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Yozora's like a demon. I guess she gets a sense of pleasure of bullying Sena around. Poor Sena has no way to fight back. She tries to but somehow Yozora always get an upper hand. What's really interesting is that Yozora doesn't like anyone getting too close to Kodaka. She doesn't show it but from this episode and from the last, it's obvious that she has *points at the time she's holding a fly swatter*. The last part when she messed Sena's phone, she thought that Kodaka will follow but when Sena begged for Kodaka, of course being the nice guy, he helps. It shows that Yozora's expectations somewhat backfired at her and now she's suffering the consequences - a karma if you might call it. Ah, but it's nice to see Yozora gets a little taste of defeat for once.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Closed Thread