AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-27, 10:41   Link #41001
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I guess I'm just running on a different technologicl growth estimate. Given what we have in 2012 nd assuming the series is 2018 or 2020, then we have only a rough decade of going from exerimental DNA computers to mass generating machinery. The scale of level is entirely different. The PIC allows ignorance or outright breaking of Newton's work. Even with access for direct study I doubt much of the technologies can be translated in a decade. But that's just me.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 11:51   Link #41002
Eratas123

The surge for making IS fics has died out for me. Maybe the new novel will help.
Old 2013-03-27, 15:37   Link #41003
DarkJak2050

Crossover spotted.

Old friends New feelings (Strike Witches)

I don't know about you guys, but I might be getting something from watching this...

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-03-27 at 15:52.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 17:46   Link #41004
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I guess I'm just running on a different technologicl growth estimate. Given what we have in 2012 nd assuming the series is 2018 or 2020, then we have only a rough decade of going from exerimental DNA computers to mass generating machinery. The scale of level is entirely different. The PIC allows ignorance or outright breaking of Newton's work. Even with access for direct study I doubt much of the technologies can be translated in a decade. But that's just me.
Imma doing it like that as well

Like I said, I.S. core DID make difference. Basically what constitutes an I.S. frame is
> Armor shell
> Composite small bones
> Hyper-Capacitor banks
> Wiring
> Engine and propellant
> Suspension field generator
> Energy Barrier generator

Everything there is derivable and thus considered 'conventional', including suspension generator, basically Gundam's malleable electromagnetic field (we knew in real life it's hard enough to shape them, much less bending them).

New fighter prototype supposed to copy neural man-machine control system like that of I.S. (allowing multiplied response speed), but presently it doesn't have the safety feature that prevent brain overload s it had to be nerfed severely.

Higher function, such as pilot body reinforcing system, physic-bending inertia canceller as well as FTL communication system is all part of I.S. core and unless you somehow duplicate I.S. core whole, you aren't getting them.
Old 2013-03-27, 19:13   Link #41005
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So materialization of digital information is conventional there?
Old 2013-03-27, 19:45   Link #41006
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope

It's still I.S. core, forgot to add the list. but then again, I did say higher function
Old 2013-03-27, 20:18   Link #41007
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Surely there are Real Tech that would give the same kind of effect. Ergonomic paddings that greatly reduce strain on the human body in place of the inertia canceller thingy etc etc.
Old 2013-03-27, 20:27   Link #41008
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Simulates similar effects, but not exact. What PIC can achieve is still worlds apart from that. It'd prolly take 30-50 years to perfect copying that tech with a cheat sheet. Without on you'd be seeing it in, 100-300 years give or take the coming of the second einstein.
Old 2013-03-27, 20:53   Link #41009
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ This

I.S. development is 10 years old, something simply cannot be reverse-engineered easily.

Mind you I also follow Stratos' example, TD for one, and wankfighter in the other.
Old 2013-03-27, 20:57   Link #41010
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The AE was developed by someone who sought after Tabane's level. And he had a few screws loose. So he ublocked like 25-50% of the IS capability. But all of it is in tech levels that would probably kill the pilot as they are all incomplete yet.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:58   Link #41011
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

In Athena, it's implied that the engineer who developed the Minerva units is formerly part of the development team for the ByakuShiki before it was discarded then retrieved by Tabane.

It would be implied that, as Zero mentioned, most of the IS unique features like PIC can not be replicated without an IS Core.

Now that I mentioned that... I have another idea for a plot point in Athena. A pre-Tabane version of the ByakuShiki.
Old 2013-03-27, 23:03   Link #41012
Eratas123

How long does skin cut off take to re-grow?
Old 2013-03-27, 23:12   Link #41013
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Now that I mentioned that... I have another idea for a plot point in Athena. A pre-Tabane version of the ByakuShiki.
As per chapter 7 of TLR Stratos, I have something like that as well.

It got cannibalized because it has excellent spare parts but shoddy concept and design, and Ichika's rejection meant no Tabane to intervene.

@ Eras
3 days give or take

Depending on severity.
Old 2013-03-27, 23:19   Link #41014
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Might look into that for tips and whatnot ^^

It's going to be a manned unit, a genuine attempt to build an IS type unit without an IS Core. And it'll probably have a dumb name because it was mentioned in Athena that the name that was given to pre-Tabane ByakuShiki wasn't as... cool as it is now.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:28   Link #41015
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The resulting unit is not completed yet, but basically the top half goes to Ichika while arms + legs goes to Kanzashi.

The first custom unit would be full fistfight unit with limited mid-range combat, the second one is fire support artillery like the first one.
Old 2013-03-28, 06:32   Link #41016
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Rejected fic idea. Rejected because I am halfway drunk and should not be writing this poomalapoppieepapoosh when drunk. I am not even pretending to make any sense or story wahahahahahahahahahhaaa

Quote:
"What am I doing here?"

Although some people paused, considering to answer her question, Houki's aura caused other people to avoid her gaze. A samurai heart, a warrior's spirit was meant to be on the field, in the dojo, in the wild. A woman warrior, proud and spirited. She was born to prove her strength to others in combat.

NOT by carrying a man's shopping!

Oh, she wouldn't have minded if it was Ichika. She would act insulted, try to save face by openly admitting it was beneath her, but if it were Ichika, this would not be so difficulty. If it were Ichika it was no problem. So what was the problem? Obviously, it wasn't Ichika. Or more accurately, the problem was Ichika was not the problem. Ichika was nowhere at all in this equation.

She grimaced. More accurately, her face derped. The very definition of derp. The word itself described her annoyed look perfectly.

The fact of the matter was, she was with a man.

Shopping in a supermarket. Carrying his grocery shopping. For food to cook.

And it wasn't Ichika. Not that the food wasn't Ichika (Which it wasn't), but the man she was with wasn't Ichika.

Shinonono Houki, in all her somewhat clouded-mind-righteous anger wondered:

"How in the world did I agree to this stupidity!?"

Houki looked around. People were still avoiding her gaze. No, they were trying very hard to stay away from her while drawing crazy circles near their heads.

"Shinonono, pass me that Shiitake."

"WHY AM I EVEN WITH YOU, HIMEGANE?!?"

"Stop yelling and stop using my surname, it makes me sound like a girl." The red-haired boy scowled back at her, almost equal to Houki's own derp face."Okay, from now on, use my first name when you call me!"

"I don't plan on being so familiar--" Shinonono began, then gave up. "All right, Reika."

Himegane blew another gasket. "Stop that! I told you, I'm not a girl!"

"Oh right, a boy is a 'Ko', not a girl's 'Ka'." Houki sarcastically scowled, then: "Reiko."

"THAT--THAT'S STILL A GIRL'S NAME! REI! JUST USE REI, GOT IT?!"

At random, Himegane was smacked across the head by a passing-through old lady with a handbag.

"Know your place, stupid man!" the old hag yelled, and proceeded to go about her business.

Himegane's stare could melt down Fukushima all over again. "You did that on purpose, Shinonono."

Houki refused to honor that remark with a reply. Well, maybe just a little.

The whole situation began when Houki finally managed to have some quality time with Ichika. This only after a long month of prying him away from every other girl (Rin and Cecilia were particularly clingy) and cornering him into an afternoon together alone. The first time in months that she had him to herself.

Not that Ichika realized it. Everything was going to plan until they stopped to eat at a cafe. While eating, Ichika chanced to say in his usual unaware tone that he could cook a better Sukiyaki.

Trouble was, Himegane happened to be the cook. He also heard Ichika's remark. Not being able to take this standing down, The cook challenged Ichika to a cooking duel.

Ichika being Ichika---he naturally accepted. "Men!"

After a few minutes of typical male posturing, staring and Shounen Manga Sound effects, the two began the challenge. As Himegane didn't trust Ichika to play fair, he demanded that his mother (who owned the cafe and until then was content to just let her son make a fool out of himself) accompany Ichika's ingredient hunt.

"...and in turn, I have to accompany this other idiot." Houki groaned. Naturally, people now retreated from her area of responsibility. Essentially, her random non-sequiturs were an Absolute Terror field in action.

"Shinonono. Shiitake?"

"Shiitake." Houki picks up a handful and dumped it along with the rest in the bag.

"Enoki."

"Enoki." Golden Mushrooms followed.

"Truffle Oil."

"Tru--HEY THIS IS ALL MUSHROOMS?!?"

"It's Mushroom soup." Himegane didn't bat an eyelash. "Obviously you put mushrooms in mushroom soup. Didn't you know that, Shinonono?"

"Of course I know that!" Houki realized just then that he was insulting her. Only just then. "Are you implying I'm too dense to realize that fact?"

"You said it, I didn't!"

Houki was livid as she fought her natural reflex--to grab a sword and butcher the source of her frustration to death. Unfortunately, her hands were full and nothing resembling a sword was handy. From the moment Himegane opened his loud mouth the first time, she hated his guts.

"Only the bext ingredients. A good Mushroom Soup doesn't use just ONE type of mushroom for flavor." Himegane made a fist, knuckles cracking. "I'll show you, Ichika Orimura. The difference between an amateur like you and a true genius chef like me! I am a master! I am a mestre! I am a meister!!!"

"You are an IDIOT!" Houki growled. People started evacuating the supermarket in droves.

Too late, Himegane was already traipsing off to the seafood section. Houki wanted to just beat the man to death and escape, but also knew that Ichika wouldn't stand for it. That was about the only reason she hadn't yet gone berserk in the store. To Houki's credit, she had already surpassed her normal tolerance limite ten times already today.

"MEN!!" Houki hissed, stalking after him. It took her a minute before she found Himegane again, the chef mumbling aloud about Basa fillets and other

"Hoki."

"Don't act so familiar with me!"

"Not you, the fish." Himegane pointed to a particularly ugly gray fish on the list. "It's also known as a Blue Grenadier."

Houki looked at the ugly litte dead animal and grimaced again to the level of derpdom. "You can't be seriously thinking of cooking THAT."

"You cut it into fillets. It's not going to look like that when I'm done." Himegane ordered two slices fromt he fishmonger, who was oddly trying to keep FAR away from Houki. "You've probably eaten this fish before and never knew it."

"I think I would remember eating something that disgusting."

Himegane laughed. "If you've ever eaten fried tempura fish fillets or a Filet-o-fish sandwich before, then you've eaten Hoki."

Houki (spelled with a U) was fairly sure he was lying, even if he was telling the truth.

"It's a rare fish nowadays because of overfishing in the Australia and New Zealand area back in 2009." Himegane continued, then took the packed fish fillets. "But it's also one of the best white-meat fish to use as a main grilled or fried meal. The flavor is subtle, the opposite of the strong earthy flavors in Mushroom soup."

All this information went over Houki's head. Shinonono was not good at details and intricacies--that was why she was straightforward with her Kendo. It was hard enough being subtle around Ichika, a man who couldn't clue in when a girl was practically throwing herself at him. In houki's mind this meant she had to become more direct, not less.

"---are you listening to me?"

"Why would I listen to something of no interest?" Houki just gave Himegane her deepest stare. They were already past the seafood section and were about to check out. As such they were near the home cleaning supplies aisle. "I'm only here--in your own words--to ensure you don't cheat. There's no reason you should make a girl carry your groceries."

"Well, you're a strong girl, and women are stonger than men. So you should carry the bags."

Houki's face twisted into another derp look. Only this time, it matched Himegane's own grimaced scowl. The two faces matched so well that it was basically a derp-to-derp battle.

"I've had it with you, Himegane. One more insult--"

"I don't insult, Shinonono. I raise FACTS." Himegane growled back. An air raid siren started sounding, and the supermarket workers started passing out safety helmets.

"Name one 'fact' that you think I should know, I dare you."

Himegane started cackling. All of a sudden, Houki stopped being angry, and started to worry. Himegane started looking like one of the monsters in a fantasy movie.

(It is an evil laugh, by the way.)

"One fact you should know?" Himegane tittered. "Simple."

Houki waited with bated breath.

"Big breasts, small brain!"

Houki snapped. Audibly.

CRACK, or the approximate wording of the sound, was heard when Houki grabbed a nearby mop handle---and broke it on Himegane's head.

It should be noted that it was a metal mop handle.

...and that shattered pieces of metal mop handle look pretty in the light when flying all over the place.

"Uh-oh." Houki realized aloud. As usual, after she had done the damage.

"You." Himegane's eyes were pointing in separate directions, so the effect of the angry glare was wasted. "You have no self-contruuhh---"THUD

The redheaded chef wasn't getting up.

Houki's shoulders drooped. "Oh, I've done it now..."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 08:17   Link #41017
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Unit Designation: Kyokugen

Designated pilot: Orimura Chifuyu

timeline: Cake eater

History:
-- Originally, Orimura Chifuyu was to be disallowed from piloting IS ever again. The Kurezakura which she used to save her kidnapped brother, Orimura Ichika during the 2nd Mondo Grosso was sealed after seeing it breakthrough the arena barrier of the Mondo Grosso stadium as well as a dispatched squad of four security Rafaels in record time of 12 seconds. However reconsideration of her past history, she was allowed to pilot IS and rejoin Mondo Grosso under certain conditions. She would be put under probation and prove herself capable of self control by serving 1200 hours in non-competitive professional IS industry. This lands her in ISRI as a test pilot and idol. Chifuyu is put under the management of Erine Umiyome. Erine eventually gives Chifuyu the right to pilot the rejected successor of the Uchigane, the Kyokugen.

Description:
-- The Kyokugen resembles a samurai warlord, resembling the classic Japanese motiff of the Uchigane. It sports two "Arbiter" shields that float around as part of the unit's armoring. Unlike the Uchigane, the Kyokugen has more solid feet giving emphasis to skill of pilot footwork than the ability to manipulate the PIC. The unique feature of the Kyokugen is that it focuses on the primary attributes of the IS including strength, agility, speed, dexterity and perception. The Kyokugen could easily overpower an Uchigane in comparison of submission holds. What's more the Arbiter shields each have a generator that act as the unit's atmospheric flight boosters as well as link-up turbine to push the physical boosts of the Kyokugen even further. Though the most basic purpose of the Arbiter shields is to act as a handheld shield.

Weapons:
Kaen gari -- facilitates ignition by exothermic bond breaking. Reformation requires much less so endothermic reactions cannot offset heat release. The metal itself is made of an acidic reductive material. The metal dissolves easily into other matter making the blade self destructive. The metal still continues to burn in this case reaching temperatures of 700 to 4000K pending on pressure exerted. The metal eats away at matter by inducing exothermic bond breakage. It infects and grows from where the slash is inflicted.

Raigumo -- a sword whose sub-atomic structure has a denser electron cloud than normal. They are unstable as they continuously jump between each other with varying voltage potential between the sword tip and sword tang. This causes the sword's atoms to continuously expand and contract, hardening the material and distabilizing the electron structure of the object being sliced. The sword undergoes an excess of 20,000V running through it.

EDIT: Armament update:

Seizan -- a sword made of living metal. Normally this metal grows into an unshapable mass and requires much maintenance when forcing it to retain its shape, mostly by sanding down or cutting overgrown sections. However Erine has been able to stabilizre the metal to limit its growth upon reaching a desired shape. The metal will regenerate when damaged and the repairs will be stronger than the original.

Toumei -- a sword made of a metal that generates a peculiar magnetic field that refracts the electromagnetic spectrum. It is virtually invisible to the naked eye and even most forms of scanning. The blade is completely invisible but it has one special trait other than this. Due to its ability to refract electromagnetic fields, it has much higher shield attenuation than most other physical blades.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-04-01 at 12:10.
Old 2013-03-28, 09:49   Link #41018
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
*snip*
Hey, if you mention the word 'derp' then we know exactly what face you're referring to.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 13:59   Link #41019
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Unit Designation: Kyokugen

Designated pilot: Orimura Chifuyu

timeline: Cake eater

History:
-- Originally, Orimura Chifuyu was to be disallowed from piloting IS ever again. The Kurezakura which she used to save her kidnapped brother, Orimura Ichika during the 2nd Mondo Grosso was sealed after seeing it breakthrough the arena barrier of the Mondo Grosso stadium as well as a dispatched squad of four security Rafaels in record time of 12 seconds. However reconsideration of her past history, she was allowed to pilot IS and rejoin Mondo Grosso under certain conditions. She would be put under probation and prove herself capable of self control by serving 1200 hours in non-competitive professional IS industry. This lands her in ISRI as a test pilot and idol. Chifuyu is put under the management of Erine Umiyome. Erine eventually gives Chifuyu the right to pilot the rejected successor of the Uchigane, the Kyokugen.

Description:
-- The Kyokugen resembles a samurai warlord, resembling the classic Japanese motiff of the Uchigane. It sports six "Arbiter" shields that float around as part of the unit's armoring. Unlike the Uchigane, the Kyokugen has more solid feet giving emphasis to skill of pilot footwork than the ability to manipulate the PIC. The unique feature of the Kyokugen is that it focuses on the primary attributes of the IS including strength, agility, speed, dexterity and perception. The Kyokugen could easily overpower an Uchigane in comparison of submission holds. What's more the Arbiter shields each have a generator that act as the unit's atmospheric flight boosters as well as link-up turbine to push the physical boosts of the Kyokugen even further. Though the most basic purpose of the Arbiter shields is to act as a handheld shield.

Weapons:
Kaen gari -- facilitates ignition by exothermic bond breaking. Reformation requires much less so endothermic reactions cannot offset heat release. The metal itself is made of an acidic reductive material. The metal dissolves easily into other matter making the blade self destructive. The metal still continues to burn in this case reaching temperatures of 700 to 4000K pending on pressure exerted. The metal eats away at matter by inducing exothermic bond breakage. It infects and grows from where the slash is inflicted.

Raigumo -- a sword whose sub-atomic structure has a denser electron cloud than normal. They are unstable as they continuously jump between each other with varying voltage potential between the sword tip and sword tang. This causes the sword's atoms to continuously expand and contract, hardening the material and distabilizing the electron structure of the object being sliced. The sword undergoes an excess of 20,000V running through it.
Wow, this is one IS made for WAR, no way would that be allowed for tournament wise, because even a scratch from that blade will instantly kill pilots.

Why would Chifuyu need shields, from what we have so far and from Ichika's style as well is that Chifuyu only needs speed and a VERY good blade, she doesn't need defense, seeing as the enemies won't hit her. Hence the Char (gundam) effect, see his comments when others told him to pilot a Neue Ziel.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 18:21   Link #41020
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Hey, if you mention the word 'derp' then we know exactly what face you're referring to.
I was drunk last night, ok? And there's no harm in overderping my fic.

...Now that I'm sober, I realize the term "Derp-to-Derp Combat" is...actually quite funny...

And the character of Himegane is one of those crazy ones you come up with after drinking a bit (Plus stress from work). Plus the OTHER fic I'm working on at the moment--for Muv-Luv--is too dark and serious, I needed an outlet for stupid and crazy.

So Himegane in a nutshell is: Guy with a girls name who thinks he's the best cook in the world and hates stupid big-breasted girls.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest