Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2009-04-25, 18:10   Link #1861
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
Enviro Mentalists Call For Culling Of Human Population

Well I guess this can go into the odd column of news, it's old, but it's also kinda disturbing.
Old 2009-04-25, 21:21   Link #1862
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy Named Zeo View Post
Enviro Mentalists Call For Culling Of Human Population

Well I guess this can go into the odd column of news, it's old, but it's also kinda disturbing.
Wait, "Enviro Mentalists"? Something tells me that isn't an accidential typo, judging from the other content on that site. All this is is an extremist on one side citing extremists on the other as if ithey somehow had any kind of support. They should all be encouraged to just move to an island someplace. The ones writing that article would drive society to ruin by ignoring reality, while the ones cited are luddites who would deny humanity its destiny among the stars.
Old 2009-04-25, 21:23   Link #1863
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I say that they ought to be the ones culled off first. It's important for people to practise what they preach no?

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 21:40   Link #1864
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
I say that they ought to be the ones culled off first. It's important for people to practise what they preach no?
No one's actually claiming that though. The statements are being misrepresented. The British guy is calling for people to have fewer children. The seasheperd guy is a nut calling for the abandonment of most modern technology and reducing the population through regulated breeding. The Houston professor is claiming that there's a good chance an uncontrolled ebola outbreak could kill 90% of the population, not that we should allow it to. The sea shepard guy and his supporters were the ones I referred to in my last post as the "luddites" and "extremists on the other side". The site in question is just as extreme though, it's just on the other side of the spectrum.
Old 2009-04-26, 01:40   Link #1865
KimmyChan

'Space blob' baffles astronomers -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8007844.stm
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 05:19   Link #1866
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
No one's actually claiming that though. The statements are being misrepresented. The British guy is calling for people to have fewer children. The seasheperd guy is a nut calling for the abandonment of most modern technology and reducing the population through regulated breeding. The Houston professor is claiming that there's a good chance an uncontrolled ebola outbreak could kill 90% of the population, not that we should allow it to. The sea shepard guy and his supporters were the ones I referred to in my last post as the "luddites" and "extremists on the other side". The site in question is just as extreme though, it's just on the other side of the spectrum.
I am not exactly for human culling, but I am for neo-Zeon ideals of dropping something big on earth so humans will move to the stars.

Besides, unless we are able to replicate Mass Effect technology of sucking minerals out of human bodies, why do we even cull humans?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 10:24   Link #1867
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Yar, yar. It's possible for us to move to the stars; but only when we achieved cold fusion. The big problem isn't finding a suitable place to live but making one.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 11:29   Link #1868
KimmyChan

Hitler paintings sold for £95,000 -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/8013945.stm
Old 2009-04-26, 22:53   Link #1869
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

wow! I thought it would be paintings of hitler from your post, but that's really interesting
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 01:45   Link #1870
Shadow Kira01

Grocery Shopping

Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 09:51   Link #1871
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
wow! I thought it would be paintings of hitler from your post, but that's really interesting
It's a very interesting newspiece indeed

Fancy dress at the London Marathon -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8019390.stm
Old 2009-04-28, 03:09   Link #1872
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
*amused*
Seriously, I'd think this story would be from my home country, not in America xD
I guess I *should* be happy for the "passion" shown by the parents for a sport that isn't as worshipped as it is back in the UK?

Read more in title link....
Soccer Moms Gone Wild: When Parents Need To Be Refereed At Youth Sports Games
Quote:
As a youth soccer coach in San Francisco for the past seven years, I have seen and heard about some scary behavior from parent spectators. Once when I was refereeing a match between six-year-olds, a mom from the other team ignored my repeated requests for her to stay off the field per league rules. She kept following around her little tyke, and afterwards, she and her husband confronted me angrily about “being so serious” at a kids’ game. I chose not to engage, but the encounter left me rattled because it easily could have led to an ugly shouting match, and quite possibly violence.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 05:46   Link #1873
KimmyChan

I've always thought it was an absolutely brilliant thing every year being a fellow UK-er myself

Builders find Auschwitz message -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8021845.stm
Old 2009-04-28, 11:49   Link #1874
Dying Rose
Blurry: Puddle of mud

Magnet man

Hey did anyone here of the man who has a magnetic personality, quite literally metal sticks to him and his kids got it to!
Dying Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 18:03   Link #1875
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Florida teen finds rocks in Nintendo DS box

Quote:
Jodi Wykle knew her son would be thrilled when she gave him a new Nintendo DS for his birthday.

Instead, he was rocked.

According to WTSP-TV, the confused teen opened up his gift only to find bunch of stones and a rolled up Chinese newspaper in place of the popular handheld.

Needless to say, mom was equally stunned.

"When he opened it, he was pulling the seal off, my sister-in-law carries a pocket knife and she opened it and that's when he pulled it out and it was Chinese newspaper and a bunch of rocks," she explained.

The troubling discovery prompted the Florida woman to contact the local Wal-Mart where she bought the curious box and complain, but reportedly workers there told her it wasn't their problem and that she should contact Nintendo instead. Of course, Nintendo told her roughly the same thing, leaving mother and son with a $138 box of rocks.
Source:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...ds-box/1308945

I guess Wal-Mart would have to replace it with a real one.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-04-28 at 18:14.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 05:47   Link #1876
KimmyChan

The recession-busting 'bling bikini' -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8015216.stm
Old 2009-04-29, 06:58   Link #1877
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Rose View Post
Hey did anyone here of the man who has a magnetic personality, quite literally metal sticks to him and his kids got it to!
Yeah, i have heard that a while back. It was in the paper saying that his body produces like a lot of static electricity.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 07:34   Link #1878
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Rose View Post
That does sound like quite a story, and really fascinating indeed
Old 2009-04-29, 09:11   Link #1879
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Tokyo Scientists Create Mobile Slime

First comment says it all.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 09:34   Link #1880
KimmyChan

Runaway bull's supermarket sweep -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8017391.stm

Tags
humor