AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-29, 21:41   Link #8901
Cio
Otaku

Yep, for me, Rosario doesn't need the subforum, at least until now.

If only Rosario + Vampire is released weekly, than it should have one
Old 2009-04-29, 23:24   Link #8902
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well it's Gonzo's fault why R+V doesn't have a sub forum, R+V anime s1 has gotten attention. But what we got in Capu2 was mascot censors, bats and Yukari's pedo bear panty design in our faces, duhhh. Not to mention they cover nearly 50% of the screen...

Anyways a weeks wait won't be long, Iam looking forward to Sun's development what type of monster she is and if Tsukune's GARness will/might add her to the harem. But I'll go for Ginei x Sun anytime.
Old 2009-04-29, 23:31   Link #8903
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well it's Gonzo's fault why R+V doesn't have a sub forum
I just said the scapegoating of the anime is growing old. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that there's not nearly enough content by not nearly enough people in here.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 23:43   Link #8904
dosetsu

Yeah, the anime has nothing to do with the popularity of Rosario, considering the manga was out for a good what, 4 years before the anime came? Are you seriously going to blame an anime that came out 4 years later for the lack of a following (If anything, the anime should've drawn people to want to see the original source.)? Come on now...

The lack of a following is mostly due to the fact Rosario isn't the best manga in the world a lot of you make it out to be. More on that, what might be amazing to you, could very well suck to someone else. Variety.

In my opinion, Rosario's been on a steady decline from interesting, to garbage every since the start of 'Season II.'
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 00:40   Link #8905
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Fact anime draw in popularity more than manga.

When the anime is utter failure what makes anyone want to read the manga? How many crap anime have you seen that makes you want to read its manga version?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 00:54   Link #8906
Seitsuki
Onee!

lets try not to bash the anime anymore and keep on topic..
ARRGH dammit stupid anime ruined my hopes for this series>< no im kidding. the problem imo does lie with the studio, which has had a history of trying to appeal to the *youngish male audience* (in fact i instinctively try to pass on Gonzo productions now.) this series however you look at it was made to accomodate a harem and Gonzo simply played up this part x10, which inevitably led to the story part suffering. i've read hinano so was *prepared* but others who see the anime really will probably discouraged from persuing the series becuase most people assume that quality is even throughout a series and crap anime=crap everything else. it's sad, but there it is.
Old 2009-04-30, 00:59   Link #8907
dosetsu

That seems more like an assumption you thought up on your own than a fact. Hell, if a manga doesn't have some type of draw, chances of it getting animated are pretty slim, so that's looking even more like an assumption than a fact. Not many companies are just going to blow money on chance.

I would think a terrible anime would bring people to want to read the original and hell, I want to/have read all the manga that have had a bad anime (And even if the anime was well done, chances are high that I'll still check out the manga if it has one to see how the original is).
Old 2009-04-30, 01:13   Link #8908
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosetsu View Post
That seems more like an assumption you thought up on your own than a fact. Hell, if a manga doesn't have some type of draw, chances of it getting animated are pretty slim, so that's looking even more like an assumption than a fact. Not many companies are just going to blow money on chance.

I would think a terrible anime would bring people to want to read the original and hell, I want to/have read all the manga that have had a bad anime (And even if the anime was well done, chances are high that I'll still check out the manga if it has one to see how the original is).
So what.. reverse psychology? Or are you a masochist?

Normal human behavior is to stay away from things they don't like along with their derivatives.

R+V has a strong cast of characters, great plot, and A-Grade artowrk, every R+V section I've seen in other boards have a very strong and faithful following due to these reasons. And nearly everyone shared the opinion that "if the anime wasn't so terrible the series would be more popular"

Gonzo thought they can exploit these charming characters and turn it into something that its not.

Anyway if you don't like the manga then why are you here? Pitting negative posts into a thread full of die hard fans is considered trolling.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 01:39   Link #8909
dosetsu

Because I yet to post anything negative? Anyway, I'm done with this.
Old 2009-04-30, 01:43   Link #8910
Seitsuki
Onee!

ah well heres hoping that if there is a third series of anime someone else will pick it up. kyotoani has my vote
Old 2009-04-30, 02:36   Link #8911
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

Trying to blame the lack of popularity of R+V solely on the anime is as stupid as saying that the anime plays no part in the lack of popularity. The lack of popularity of R+V is caused by a large number of things including slow releases, a bad anime, and simple chance.

As to why there is no sub forum on a majorly anime related forum for R+V, that you can blame on Gonzo.
danin8r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 03:01   Link #8912
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

So what makes some individuals here think r+v lacks popularity anyway? What's your base of comparison? SJ shonen series? What are your numbers? ... If your only evidence is that r+v which is gifted/cursed with a too simple anime has no subforum in an anime-focused forum like this one then you probably might be well off truth.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 04:33   Link #8913
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
So what.. reverse psychology? Or are you a masochist?

Normal human behavior is to stay away from things they don't like along with their derivatives.

R+V has a strong cast of characters, great plot, and A-Grade artowrk, every R+V section I've seen in other boards have a very strong and faithful following due to these reasons. And nearly everyone shared the opinion that "if the anime wasn't so terrible the series would be more popular"

Gonzo thought they can exploit these charming characters and turn it into something that its not.

Anyway if you don't like the manga then why are you here? Pitting negative posts into a thread full of die hard fans is considered trolling.

Haha... Easy, man... Stay cool...

I think dosetsu just telling his opinion, just like us that really love Rosario + Vampire. He has state that that were "his opinion" so don't bother, at least he didn't trying to persuade other people to hate Rosario + Vampire or flaming

Quote:
So what makes some individuals here think r+v lacks popularity anyway? What's your base of comparison? SJ shonen series? What are your numbers? ... If your only evidence is that r+v which is gifted/cursed with a too simple anime has no subforum in an anime-focused forum like this one then you probably might be well off truth.
For me, it is because Rosario + Vampire released monthly. But honestly, if only the anime is good too, i bet Rosario + Vampire could be on TOP right now

Anyway, just i said earlier, i don't really think Rosario + Vampire need a subforum or not, it just doesn't give anything, right? esp when the anime has ended. I think we should just stick like this
Old 2009-04-30, 05:09   Link #8914
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That may be one thing that's keeping people away from this thread.

The "diehard" fans in here are crazy and react to any slight or criticism as an affront to the entire fandom. That's really making a mountain out of a molehill. Sometimes even the best of fans know that their fandom is not the greatest thing under the sun.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 07:14   Link #8915
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Most of the monthly manga suffer in 'popularity' because of the long wait time - that is a given fact. But they also make the biggest leaps in the popularity scale on sites like OM and the like when they are released - everyone's waiting for them.
Old 2009-04-30, 10:16   Link #8916
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... you guys do realize you're trying to figure out the popularity of a manga on a forum that's predominantly for anime, right? Especially considering the anime of this series failed hard

the sites out there for manga actually have this as a very popular series (well, not all...). On onemanga's forum, there are multiple threads for R+V; at Frankyhouse it has its own subforum (then again, they are the ones scanlating it)

as for dosetsu complaining... well, from what I understand, he (I'm assuming dosetsu's a guy) is a translator. And only translators have the right to bitch about a series, since without them... well, how many of us can read Japanese all that well? I'm learning, but I'm still quite far from being able to do anything serious

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 10:36   Link #8917
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The "diehard" fans in here are crazy and react to any slight or criticism as an affront to the entire fandom.
Not me I let it slide, not unless someone is a troll or someone starts flaming.
Old 2009-05-01, 01:23   Link #8918
Vikitehwaffu

Isn't Rosario doing decent in American manga sales?

It was number 7 on bookscans most selling graphic novels in Feburary.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-january-chart
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 03:30   Link #8919
Johnny
Working the bags...

Sigh...
ch19
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 03:37   Link #8920
Tri-ring

Auhh, in cased you missed, RAW for this month is already out.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire