AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 20:58   Link #3441
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
So we're watching Yuuki on her quest to gain enough power and skill to fight the Teru Train?

Maybe she should visit Sabin and brush up on her suplex skills.
As if mere suplexes could stop Teru. You need access to the Akashic records and a super cool bro to act as a meat shield. At least.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:24   Link #3442
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Given how Teru has a blanket "Screw You" to most abilities, yeah, playing just a little differently during the East wind isn't going to be enough for Yuuki.
Old 2013-04-06, 22:09   Link #3443
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Given how Teru has a blanket "Screw You" to most abilities, yeah, playing just a little differently during the East wind isn't going to be enough for Yuuki.
Actually, playing differently could help... if you do it AFTER Teru summons the mirror, like Kuro did. But since all this previous training is, well, previous, it won't do jack against the softest onee-chan. Speed could, maybe, perhaps help a little, I guess, but once the east round is finished, Kuro will be the better prepared player to survive the onslaugh on experience alone.

I know this is general knowledge to every Saki fan, but that will be one ugly game.
Old 2013-04-06, 22:28   Link #3444
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Teru ability is a just mediocre. Example like you play pokemon games with bulbapedia and serebii. What make Teru frightening it is her skill. If Teru just a retard how much you have information, your playing is retard anyway but Teru know how to use the information and this show how her counter Teru ability.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 22:42   Link #3445
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Teru ability is a just mediocre. Example like you play pokemon games with bulbapedia and serebii. What make Teru frightening it is her skill. If Teru just a retard how much you have information, your playing is retard anyway but Teru know how to use the information and this show how her counter Teru ability.
No, you're forgetting the instance where Toki looks into the future, and Teru STILL wins. Only "absolutes" seem to work on Teru (like Kuro's Dora Magnet), and even then she plays around those anway.
Old 2013-04-06, 23:24   Link #3446
The Green One

Toki's power just shows her the future, it doesn't decide it. If the skill and power divide is that great all Toki's foresight is going to show her is when and how she's screwed. Teru was just so much better that even forewarning of Teru's plans wasn't enough, for if Toki tried to change it Teru would just shift plans and win anyway.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 00:19   Link #3447
orangejuicetang

People shouldn't forget that Teru still has some 'thing that goes WOO WOO WOO WOO' trump card hidden

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 00:27   Link #3448
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
People shouldn't forget that Teru still has some 'thing that goes WOO WOO WOO WOO' trump card hidden
That's when she summons an actual train to run you over with. Hope poor Yukki and Kuro has some good health insurance.
Old 2013-04-07, 00:28   Link #3449
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I'm REALLY hoping that it's really something we haven't seen, and not Awai just being a smart-arse in describing Teru breaking out the Nine Gates in baby language.
Old 2013-04-07, 00:48   Link #3450
The Green One

I always thought that Awai just had the emotional maturity of a petulant five year old.
Old 2013-04-07, 00:57   Link #3451
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
That's when she summons an actual train to run you over with. Hope poor Yukki and Kuro has some good health insurance.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4VjvBaMHJg

Just imagine Teru sitting on top.
Old 2013-04-07, 05:32   Link #3452
teja208
Critical fanboy

Similar to how Shizu and Awai abilities are set to counter Saki's, if Ritz intention is to have Teru do lesser damage than what happened in the Side A semi, she has to have players with ability that can counter Teru's aside from Yuuki and Kuro. If Suzu isn't going to explode here, then she will in the finals thus increasing the likelyhood of Himematsu making it to the finals. Depending whether what kind of ability Naruka possess, Uzusan may pass if her ability can work against Teru. If neither of these two happen then Rinkai is more likely to advance.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 02:57   Link #3453
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4VjvBaMHJg

Just imagine Teru sitting on top.
I forgot that even existed in FF8... I think he was referring to FF6 since he mentioned suplex.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Ritz overdid it this time.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
lol wtf Hajime... Don't you care about exposing yourself? I've always felt that her "outfit" was ridiculous, but this is the first time afaik that we've seen the back. I don't know about others but _that_ is certainly not my thing.

------------
ch.109
Satoha's play stype kinda reminds me of Teru, on how she switches her play up based on what she's dealing with. Yuuki is gaining a lot of experience here to prepare her for that upcoming battle. That's what I think at least.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:20   Link #3454
Bladezer

I know we've gone through this already, but I feel I really need to point somethings out.

Shiraitodai was never once built as a dangerous unstoppable team. Only Teru was foreshadowed to be a ungodly dangerous player, while the rest were hinted to be just really good players.

Also calling them Teru and a team of point losers, is really stupid. As we know in Sumire's match forgetting about her tell, in the match Yoshiko used cheap hands to effectively stop Sumire, meaning she didn't get as many arrows off as she normally would. And we all know that Yoshiko kept winning with cheap hands, in the first half Yoshiko won 4 rounds, so I'm guessing she won 4 again in the 2nd half. And these cheap hands and Yuu exploiting her tell would effectively mean Sumire got sealed completely, meaning that if Yoshiko hadn't been present Sumire could have proceeded to bust Izumi if she wished.

For Takami let me state something, there are supposed to beat least 8 rounds in every match, while in Saki we know they use a 2 game system. So effectively Takami has the chance of at least TWO yakuman hands. But as established apparently Ako stopped Takami from getting her Yakuman in the first half, I have to say it would've been nice if we saw Ako stop Takami's first harvest time, if you wondering where its said Ako stopped Takami's 1st harvest time, it was on page 6 ch 15, Awai told us, 'newbie first year' clearly this was referring to Ako seeing as she was the only 1st year at the table in the lieutenant match. Also if Takami had gotten 2 yakumans she would of gotten herself positive points and possibly be the highest point earner. So with Takami she also got sealed just like Sumire, but only partially because Ako managed to stop her first yakuman but not the second. Also as stated Ako's better speed play and Sera's tenapi bonus also kept Takami sealed.
Just 2 go over the above Takami has the chance of at least TWO Yakuman, which is pretty darn scary, then add on her chance of dealer repeats with continuous yakumans, I can honestly see why she was chosen by Teru.

As for Seiko we all know that what mainly happened for her was a poor match up, with Hiroko exploiting her discard habits, Mairu being a more experienced player and Arata tricking her with her play style. What also didn't help, because she was in the lead, everyone aimed for her

Also on Awai, she was only ever hinted to be monster player, not a player on the level of Teru. And again you all seem to forget, Awai only had so much trouble because Himeko's and Ryuuka's abilities were ones that are guaranteed wins. While Shizu is pretty much the bane of any occult player, and Shizu only really started to dominate in the second half of the match. So to reiterate Awai is still a monster its just a case of she was matched up against people who have faced monsters before, Shizu who has faced Koromo AND Kei (and chances are Kei is stronger then Awai), Ryuuka and Himeko who have played at a national level before.

And I really have to point this out Shizu's ability is not an ass pull, her ability seems to come from her love of mountains, and it has been shown that Shizu loves mountains, the special chapter does do a pretty good job of establishing her love for mountains, also the manga is constantly referencing this when Shizu is in Nara, with the backgrounds. Also when we first see Shizu she seems to run down a steep hill, which does help to establish she enjoys hiking up mountains. And I came up with this by looking at Yuu and Kuro's ability, which come from their love of certain things, Yuu because of her love of warmth gets warm tiles all the time, Kuro's comes from her cherishing dora. Also looking at Arata's play style which involves bowling its entirely possible that some abilities are developed through people's hobbies and part-time jobs. And this isn't all that implausible, when you remember that Momo is able to use her stealth mode due to her low presence.
Also if you look over the final quarter-final round, you'll see the dice is a six, and when Shizu won they were pretty far into the mountain, also something else to note was she that she was able to constantly change her hand to winning one. So its just like with how Saki is scared of Kyouko, if you go back and look you'll find the hints that were laid out for us to find.
Another thing with Shizu's ability is it seems the longer a match goes on the more control over the mountain she has, so I'd say Shizu's ability comes into play in the south round.
Something else that should you remember is that the semi-finals round is our proper introduction to Shizu's as a player.
Also if people really are going to try and bring out that it was a ass pull, then that effectively means every power from now on and previously established, besides Yuuki's, Saki's and Teru's, should be regarded as ass pulls.
I do hope you all remember that Hisa's ability wasn't foreshadowed once.

Something I find quite annoying with some members in the Saki fandom, they want to have Shiraitodai dominate, but they also want to have a match where all players are relevant in the match. Also Shiraitodai struggling nearer the end of the nationals is perfectly plausible, because the teams in the semi-finals are the teams that would actually make Shiraitodai have to play seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Anyway, I do agree with all of the match-ups. It just reminded me how monstrous Nagano prefecture is, all 4 of them would be able to hang with Senriyama and in case of 2 of them - outright beat them.

As for Achiga, I'm beginning to think that Achiga is just a bit weaker than Senriyama without Toki. But, with Toki in the equation against Kuro, they will be be left behind so much.
Sorry for the late reply to this, but I didn't want to get in the way of finding out Shizu's ability.

And I'd actually say Senriyama would lose to 3 of the Nagno finalists, those 3 being Ryuumonbuchi, Kiyosumi and Kazekoshi, Ryuumonbuchi and Kiyosumi are obvious. But the reason I see them losing to Kazekoshi is because Izumi's defense is not as good as Miharu's defense, and because Sera uses normal big hands Bondou would stand a good chance against her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Also, @Bladezer
Thanks for your analysis. I recommend that you should do 4-teams versions too. Because in the real match, two teams cannot just focus to each other like that while there are other two teams at a table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Poor Bladezer. That sort of analysis is quite hard considering there are strategies like teaming up and sniping a certain player. 1 on 1 is easier to analyze with minimum bias. But, I know you can do it. Go will be cheering for you.
You 2 asked for me to give you a four way analysis match with Senriyama, well here you go:

Spoiler for Size:

Spoiler for Possible identity of the missing girl in Saki's flashback:

As for chapter 109 itself, I really like how for once Yuuki isn't getting curb-stomped. I just hope it lasts for the entire vanguard match. And I'm really feeling sorry for Naruka, she may just have it worse then Kuro if Suzu is able to get her explosive wins. Otherwise hopefully next chapter Suzu and Naruka should be doing something next chapter, we may even get to see and find out the names of the rest of the Uzusan team.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 12:31   Link #3455
Serperior

Anyways, it's time for the new chapter.

One phrase can quickly summarize this:

Spoiler for incoming!:
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 13:28   Link #3456
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Anyways, it's time for the new chapter.

One phrase can quickly summarize this:

Spoiler for incoming!:
Um the images aren't showing

Spoiler for Spolier:
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 13:29   Link #3457
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:02   Link #3458
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Suzu/Kana parallel:
Old 2013-04-18, 22:51   Link #3459
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
Spoiler for Suzu/Kana parallel:
Spoiler for mahjong discussion:
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 02:33   Link #3460
tsunade666

The pictures won't show up and I'm not looking at the spoilers before a proper image shows up. Its too much spoilerish

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri