Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-24, 12:51   Link #1961
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post

Can you explain what makes it look WoW to you? I am rather curious.

Because if it is the color palette, I am pretty sure all Blizzard games from Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 1/2 had exaggerated color schemes. The cartoony vibe is not new and in cases allows them to let their current games run on shit computers that shouldn't be running anything.
i don't know, maybe its because of blizzard's Warcraft 3 engine that they still uses since ever, or beacuse of their idea about this game being a MMO in disguise without a proper Offline SP with no cheats or encrypted files to evade the item hacking like D2 Single player

but i've enjoyed the beta like if there's no tomorrow, but seing the final result its too boring in my opinion
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 12:59   Link #1962
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
i don't know, maybe its because of blizzard's Warcraft 3 engine that they still uses since ever, or beacuse of their idea about this game being a MMO in disguise without a proper Offline SP with no cheats or encrypted files to evade the item hacking like D2 Single player

but i've enjoyed the beta like if there's no tomorrow, but seing the final result its too boring in my opinion
Diablo 3 is based on the WC3 engine? I did not know that, they must have jury rigged the hell out of that thing. Although, to be fair, after watching SWTOR's issues with the Hero Engine and now Bethesda apparently also wanting to use the Hero Engine, I think the WC3 engine has done a pretty decent job across multiple games.

The engine may be old, but I would not call it bad by any means.

Also, I am partly confused and I do aplogize, are you saying that there will be item hacks in D3 or that Blizzard's rationalization of making D3 online only was to evade item hacking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Aaaah the treasure goblin. Players go gaga when they see them and then chase after it, damned be anything that get in the way of getting their loot!

... only to run across a Champion Invulnerable Minions/Molten/Electrified mob along the way and get totally and utterly slaughtered
I cannot tell you how many times I nearly screwed myself over due to those things, especially when it runs me into leaper mobs.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:12   Link #1963
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

There are two enemies that I hate in DIII. The leaping things that burst into poison gas when killed, and the BEES.

Bees... Why do I hate them? Because if my glass cannon wizard took the full burst of bees, she dies. And it happened repeatedly, because of game lag that forced my Wizard to stay when she is and get stung to death.

I guess I am just not used to poison being a lethal attack now. I heard that Poison Hydra is awolsome, I will give it a shot at some point.
Old 2012-05-24, 13:19   Link #1964
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
No, people will complain about everything and anything. We could live in Utopia and someone would complain that the sky isn't blue enough and that the weather is a touch too mild, and the birds chirp too damn much. And who the hell is playing those damn harps!?

I paid for the game too. I had minimal downtime from the servers, very little lag while playing and only a few times where the AH was down. I managed to complete Normal with no problems and am working through Nightmare at the moment when I have free time.

When the servers are down, do you know what I do? I shrug, figure Blizzard will fix it in a few, and go find something else to do. If for some reason the downtime lasts for a day or more, I know Blizzard is good enough to compensate me for it. Yeah I'll rage a bit, especially if I planned to play the whole day. But my life isn't so devoid of shit to do that if it ain't Diablo, I'm twiddling my thumbs.

If it was EA or SOE, I'd definitely be making some calls to CS, but I learned my lesson with those companies and decided to not do business with them. I voted with my dollars, and not with with my super awesome forum complaining skills.

Every time I see humans interact these days, I'm reminded of how prophetic Tseric really was.
Well, you have to understand that not everyone had such a smooth experience. For them, they couldn't even play the game at all, and when they did, they would get kicked off. And this was due to Blizzard not planning for capacity, and sometimes it sucks that you can't play a game you paid for a few days. It's just that simple. And even as we speak there are numerous problems that should have been fixed in beta.

In fact, I purposely didn't bother installing when I got the game, because I knew it would happen as I predicted earlier in this thread despite everyone reassuring me that the stress test was gonna do something. It didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There are two enemies that I hate in DIII. The leaping things that burst into poison gas when killed, and the BEES.

Bees... Why do I hate them? Because if my glass cannon wizard took the full burst of bees, she dies. And it happened repeatedly, because of game lag that forced my Wizard to stay when she is and get stung to death.

I guess I am just not used to poison being a lethal attack now. I heard that Poison Hydra is awolsome, I will give it a shot at some point.
Yea the poison shit is annoying, but hey at least you can dodge the things. Melee characters have no choice to walk into that crap and it still does heavy damage even with vitality items.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:20   Link #1965
Nixl

Leapers with extra fast magical effect are hell on my demon hunter. Slowing effects barely put a dent on them, especially if they just jump over my Caltrops. Not being able to dump 90% of my attribute points in vitality like in D2 makes things difficult.

That and, jailers with desecration. I hate being immobilized and then an AOE effect being put over top of me. I literally spam Vault when that happens.
Old 2012-05-24, 13:28   Link #1966
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So I finally managed to double my low monk health to about 13k in mid-nightmare. It still feels like it does fuckall against elite monsters. So how much health is needed for hell and beyond?

And also is mantra of healing worth it for later? The numbers seem to small to keep up with any reasonable amount of damage. Same goes for life regen.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:30   Link #1967
Xacual

Quote:

I wish people would stop with the wc3 engine myth already. Blizzard was using it for WoW during early alpha beta but they ended up finding it not working as well as hoped and ended up redesigning a new engine using the wc3 as a basis. They are not still using the old wc3 engine anymore.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:32   Link #1968
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So I finally managed to double my low monk health to about 13k in mid-nightmare. It still feels like it does fuckall against elite monsters. So how much health is needed for hell and beyond?
Well, I can tell you that at least for my Wizard, 22k health still seems squishy in Hell, though at least I can take a few hits instead of just dying when enemies stare at me funny. Galvanizing Ward + Energy Armor does help my Wizard's survivability alot though (and even better now that I got Force Armor), though when the going gets tough it always comes down to either Diamond Skin or Teleport

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:52   Link #1969
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:

And also is mantra of healing worth it for later? The numbers seem to small to keep up with any reasonable amount of damage. Same goes for life regen.
I don't play Monk but doesn't Monk also rely on Dex to increase the dodge chance? I'd imagine that you need a combination of defensive skills, vit and dex to survive late NM and Hell.

My WD has just over 7k HP in NM Act 3. So your 13k HP Monk is probably fine.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 14:16   Link #1970
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
~~ It is a shame that they made normal so easy.
I think of Normal Mode as "Story Mode". Where you are not so concerned about the battles, but more interested in the lore and stuff. Normal mode by far, is the best way to explore the various NPC conversations and how they interact in different environments.

Nightmare Mode is where you can justify that you are a "Hero" riding into town, and not some random lunatic in rags for armour. The difficulty of the battles is ramped up considerably, but nothing too hard to overcome for seasoned gamers.

Hell Mode is when you really, REALLY, need to start paying attention to what gear you are wearing and what you need to pump up to survive and overcome obstacles. This will be the mode where you will need to start farming for gold and gear. Players are encouraged to do research and find out how the actual game mechanics work beyond "This Good, That Bad" labelling.

Inferno Mode... is, without a doubt, all about beating the game mechanics. Failure to understand how the game works will lead to continuous deaths. Not for the faint of heart. 60s can still have fun and challenges in Hell Mode, Inferno Mode is only for those who find the idea of sandpapering their testicles amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
WoW players only take 1.2 million of the total number.
You may don't like the game, but the others do.
To clarify on this, and as mentioned in my previous post, that 1.2 million from the Annual Pass holders, is not counted in the 6.3 million. To repeat again, the 6.3 million does not include Annual Pass holders.

Quote:

First off, thanks for the invite to Whimsyshear yesterday.

13k health is fine for mid-nightmare. You are probably missing out on resistances, armour and dodge. That 13k health will mean a whole much more with those three statistics buffed.

Do not forget to get Life on Hit too.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-24, 14:18   Link #1971
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:

Solo play, I prefer to mantra of evasion and stack dodge buff from various runes. Even that, you ll want to actively get out of fire/poison pool cause if those stacks too high, you ll die.

I burn through nightmare fairly easy once i got enough armor/dodge + vitality.
Old 2012-05-24, 15:49   Link #1972
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The damage taken in inferno, esp in Act II and III are getting a little out of hand.
People go with certain glass cannon builds because you can attempt to live a hit or two by sacrificing a lot of DPS.
So you can choose say:
i) Die in 1 hit to anything + 48k dps
ii) Be able to tank a hit or two from loss mob, but still die to anything lethal + 30k dps

In other news... wizards continue to exploit yet another OPed spec... my wizard friends have made >20million farming cow level, and continues to make more as they start using that money to play the AH game.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 15:52   Link #1973
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:

Diablo 3 doesn't use WC3's engine and neither did WoW. They are three completely separate graphics engines. Only WC3's was even somewhat impressive for its time.

I'm really kind of disappointed that D3 looks like a new game from 2007, not from 2012. It's really depressingly ugly. Kind of dampens my enthusiasm about playing it, at least after a warez group like Razer-1911 hacks up the binaries so I can play it without b.net.
Old 2012-05-24, 16:16   Link #1974
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Any recommendations on beating a swarm of fast mortar bitches on a DH when soloing? (hell difficulty)
Old 2012-05-24, 16:25   Link #1975
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Any recommendations on beating a swarm of fast mortar bitches on a DH when soloing? (hell difficulty)
Mortar is a bitch for range class ( I am wizard)
Old 2012-05-24, 16:26   Link #1976
Nixl

Quote:
Run faster

Probably would restart the session and hope to get something less annoying.
Old 2012-05-24, 16:58   Link #1977
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
whereas the ones who aren't expected to be as physically fit are the ones who get to look sexy, ex. Wizard and Demon Hunter.
Looks like you're missing a class there.

Quote:
Act II Hell on my Wizard and I'm at something like 33K health and still feel a bit squishy. 63% armor.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 17:04   Link #1978
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
fast and mortar, that's a bitchy one... the only thing I do, while waiting for a 30s rez timer, is cursing other classes for their much better and more reliable damage reducing or shielding abilities.

Currently DH in a2 hell and every champion/rare group is really tough for me, I rarely kill them without dying at least once. Maybe I don't have enough def stats on my items or my skill setup is mediocre, I don't know. Kiting is difficult, I have the feeling some champion/rare mobs don't get slowed at all, I usually have to rely on elemental fear arrow.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 17:24   Link #1979
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I usually have to rely on elemental fear arrow.
Same here. And "grenadier" ...no I don't use grenades.
Old 2012-05-24, 17:36   Link #1980
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And while we're at it, have some fanart I found:

Spoiler for Demon Hunter:
How to forget that disturbing crow from Diablo I?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler