AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 15:08   Link #2441
Cream

I was wondering how you guys handle a losing spree? i've been losing more than i win recently, and idk. I don't duo so i have no one to talk about how bad i or the team played. Should i just take a break? play some normals? it's getting really stupid with these ranked solo que teams -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Yeah, it's all the 'rage' currently in the chat of ggclassic tournament running this moment. I dunno though, SV was the one against benching Elementz back in CLG, and now he's threatening to change him with Locust.

I personally think Elementz is probably the 'weakest pro player' in the pool right now, but now I see why CLG kicked SV out. I still don't know what Curse can do though, because their teamfighting leaves a lot to be desired, and kicking Elementz out isn't going to change anything. A lot of times they're ahead in the 4 games they played in GGclassic, but they botch a single teamfight and it snowballs against them.

On an unrelated note... I just realized that the top summoner of NA in soloq (AtD GoDJJ) has only 2 rune pages. Just goes to show you only need the bare minimum to be competitive in LoL.
the thing is, he doesn't think elementz is bad. He thinks that he isn't committed. Multiple times in the videos he refers to elementz not understanding the match ups because he doesn't talk to other support players(seriously, if he talked to xspecial and they exchanged thoughts, he'd be a lot better). Saintvicious is always talking to other junglers, i'm pretty sure at one point sv and oddone hated eachother but they talk to eachother about jungle matchups and all that stuff.

Saintvicious is older than them i think, he needs to win these tournaments as a living. He wants to in a sense 'get his shit together'. He wants to confirm a win for season 2 since this might be his living. I support him in that and he has to make sure his team is serious about this too. You don't want to try and wing a 2million dollar(?) prize pool tournament.

He shouldn't have done it over stream or while he was drunk(yes he was), it should have been done more professionally but i see where hes coming from. I love curse, nyjacky/cop/ele/sv/westrice. But they really do need to get off their asses and play seriously.

ps it was an empty threat, he just wants him to get his shit together or at least i hope it was an empty threat.
Old 2012-07-22, 15:32   Link #2442
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I was wondering how you guys handle a losing spree? i've been losing more than i win recently, and idk. I don't duo so i have no one to talk about how bad i or the team played. Should i just take a break? play some normals? it's getting really stupid with these ranked solo que teams -_-
I feel you there Personally, when I get on a hard losing spree (10+ to the point of raging about everything), I just leave LoL for a while and play something else. Resident Evil 5 got me through a good week before I re-entered the league...well, I did play a daily bot match, but just for the IP. After that, I had some win-win days and things have rolled normally since then. I still get a bad match or two but it's not as bad as it used to be.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 18:52   Link #2443
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If I cop three losses in a row, I've taken to spamming Lulu lately. Because as Lulu, I make people who shouldn't be living live and it wins matches.
Old 2012-07-23, 01:21   Link #2444
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
If I cop three losses in a row, I've taken to spamming Lulu lately. Because as Lulu, I make people who shouldn't be living live and it wins matches.
I think Fizz is my "I want a win" champion right now, the guy is really pubstompy and fun as hell to play (I can't land a fish to save my life though)
Old 2012-07-23, 02:57   Link #2445
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
I think Fizz is my "I want a win" champion right now, the guy is really pubstompy and fun as hell to play (I can't land a fish to save my life though)
I can land the fish easy. I just lack backup whenever I play Fizz. My ultimate cursed champions are Graves and Vayne. If I'm Graves, I get KSed to the point my assist:kill ratio is about 4:1. As for Vayne...every single opponent switches to me. I don't understand how I sometimes see enemy Vaynes run wild and unattacked in teamfights. Even if I hold back, ulti and get in once the targets are picked, there's an instant switch to me. Those things just don't happen when I'm Miss Fortune. *shrug*
Old 2012-07-23, 08:55   Link #2446
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just did a Taric (aura) + Sion (AP) lane, that double stun really is a way to kill...Got Karma first, zoned out Akali (don't think I see her bot often) and after Sion got his sheen, it was just double kills and lots of farming, with the occasional jungle cop out.

I don't have Fizz, last time I played with him was good though. Lots of damage and he moves around quite a bit, flexible builds and knockup ulti ftw.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:25   Link #2447
Rovert10

Hmm... all this time and never realized there was a LoL thread here. Idk how it's anime related. Then again first time I looked in the games section.

Fizz is a nightmare when I am jungling. He escapes all ganks with ease. Sometimes I don't even bother to gank him unless he is really overextended. You really need a champ with hard CC to get him.

Never see Akali bot but people these days are obsessed with the meta.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 09:39   Link #2448
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol Sion + Taric. Good times to be had when I did it s1 during the times AD carry went mid. Big reason why Taric is my best support, considering how many times I've played it.

And man, still tired from the 10 hour or so GG classic tourney yesterday. The grand finals alone went for all 8 games, as the finalists were darn near even, with CLG.Black pulling a consistent performance, while Team Dynamic makes a lot of impressive plays but equally as many stupid mistakes that cost them games.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:12   Link #2449
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Zyra is finally out!
Old 2012-07-25, 06:47   Link #2450
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Zyra like a burstier Heimerdinger, but her plants don't last forever.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 07:48   Link #2451
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Zyra like a burstier Heimerdinger, but her plants don't last forever.
Her spine crawlers have built-in slow, not sure if Rylai applies to them (haven't bought her yet) but it's a great tool against tough dps champs. Unfortunately, her spore crawlers don't match the dps of Heimer's turrets...or any ranged carry, in which case she can only run, really. Fun passive, we should have more on-death effects
Old 2012-07-25, 08:36   Link #2452
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Her spine crawlers have built-in slow, not sure if Rylai applies to them (haven't bought her yet) but it's a great tool against tough dps champs.
Rylai applies to them at lower rate(15% slow since counted as DoT froma riotposters' comments), they also benefit from spellvamp, but I am not sure how much.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 08:49   Link #2453
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Man. Jayce has to be the coolest Champion.
Old 2012-07-25, 08:57   Link #2454
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Hardly comparable to Heimer imo. Much more difficult to play efficiently. To tap her full potential all of her spells (save for W ofc) optimally should hit both seeds/plants AND the opponent (in teamfights even several opponents). However, if everything hits as it should her aoe dps is incredible, maybe even a bit too high.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 10:08   Link #2455
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Zyra is quite fun. Her AOE burst is incredible. Wait for a team fight to happen, preferably at 2 of your seeds and unleash everything. However, she can't carry a team, so she needs some people with a clue around her. She'll get you an edge but you need people to capitalise on it promptly.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:28   Link #2456
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Rylai applies to them at lower rate(15% slow since counted as DoT froma riotposters' comments), they also benefit from spellvamp, but I am not sure how much.
Since the slow's at 15%, I assume spellvamp ammounts to 30% of dmg dealt, which is the rule for AoE spells.
Quote:
Man. Jayce has to be the coolest Champion.
Nocturne by a long shot^^ Jayce is not as bad as people make him to be, though.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:44   Link #2457
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I haven't heard anyone say he was bad. I see him use in pretty much every spectate.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:16   Link #2458
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Zyra can pull off some crazy stuff.

In a 2v4 bot (me and Ez) vs Darius, Maokai, Vayne and Hecarim, they tower drive and go for Ez. I root and growth at the 2 seeds I had ready - their team is about half hp. Immediately drop ulti - 2 dead. Ignite and growth on 3rd seed at Hecarim, root Darius and auto attack him - all 4 dead while Ez had to flee and did hardly any damage.

She is fun for sure.

Major Edit: Just snapped me a new kill streak and deathless score personal record. The real irony of the match - I wanted to be Zyra, but someone called mid as I picked Zyra, so after seeing what others picked, I switched accordingly. And yeah, no surprises for guessing who I switched to.

Spoiler for Fortune Doesn't Favour Fools:

And new champ will be Diana, the Scorn of the Moon. I'm already intrigued!

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-07-26 at 00:31.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 02:42   Link #2459
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Got Zyra today. It was kinda hard at first since her real dps comes from her seeds and they need a few levels on Zyra to pick up the damage, but around mid-game or so, she was really fun to play with. Definitely the easiest champion to hit 40% CDR with, since her W gives 20%(!), very good at laying jungle traps. 2x seeds in bottom tribrush, dragon fakeout, add another two and enjoy seeing your enemies shredded to pieces Her ultimate's second part (increasing vine AS) is also very helpful.

Of course, even at max CDR and LV5 rampart growth, seed cooldown's still at 7.9 seconds, so it's not something you can use frequently. Mana issues may or may not arise - despite her obvious skill spammage, I didn't find myself oom until a base invasion, but I suspect others may want to play more aggressively with her.

@ LS: nice, my highest kill spree is 16/0/12 with Nunu (Twisted Treeline) and 13/0/8 with Ahri on SR. Really though, gj not dying with MF, she's pretty fragile and a major fire focus.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:38   Link #2460
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well with Diana's sneak peak out and she looks awesome with the weapon and Moon Theme, guess I'll be saving for her before I go back to buying more runes .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol