Graham Aker x Gundam 136 22.19%
Ribbons x Aeolia Schenberg 41 6.69%
Others (please list) 83 13.54%
Lyle Dylandy x Anew Returner 78 12.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 613. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-04-29, 01:11   Link #2161
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Tieria x Veda is also a canon couple, and now they are finally together completely.

Even when Veda betrayed him, he still forgave it, and it is now a one Innovade computer.
Old 2010-05-01, 07:07   Link #2162
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
ontopic about Feldt she's my favourite female in G00 so if she gets a guy i hope it'll be someone who'll give her at least some attention
poor girl lost her parents as young, her friends and first love in the first season and has been living on the damn ship forever
and it may sound cool to have the main guy as a lover but what's the point if he only thinks about his mecha...i wonder if they get them together will feldt have to wear a gundam cosplay mask all to the time to lure setsuna to her side ~o~;
Someone has to make a doujinshi out of this....

EDIT: I remember there was a SetsunaXMarina!Exia before? That was hilarious XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
Tieria x Veda is also a canon couple, and now they are finally together completely.

Even when Veda betrayed him, he still forgave it, and it is now a one Innovade computer.
I would prefer VedaXTieria, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
Not really, actually. 2ch doesn't like it, in fanart Setsuna/Marina & Neil/Feldt have just as much, in doujinshi... nah, the only het pairing with considerable doujinshi is Alle/Marie.
God the trolling in the SetsuFeru thread was bloody.
I am not only speaking about pairings, but sometimes 2ch can really go to the extreme when it comes to verbal abuse.

Last edited by dec4rhapsody; 2010-05-01 at 07:17.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 12:43   Link #2163
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
God the trolling in the SetsuFeru thread was bloody.
I am not only speaking about pairings, but sometimes 2ch can really go to the extreme when it comes to verbal abuse.
This was actually what prompted my short rant back there. I think I remembered at what number the Feldt-hate thread was in, which was around 70 to 72. After Mizushima posted his flare-up twitter post, now it's at 76. There are so many things he can post about: sketches of mechs, weapons, backdrops, his team mates working. He hasn't even posted a single storyboard sketch of Descartes and we have a sketch of Feldt? Specifically with tears near Setsuna? Maybe because Descartes' thread doesn't get as much attention as the one bashing this romantic pairing.

"Watch them go wild with this picture!"
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 13:33   Link #2164
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
Well if the Mannequins had a child we know who's gonna stay at home.
Yeah no kidding.

Although you know people give Patrick too hard of a time on his piloting skills considering the best he ever got suit wise was GN-X series suits he didn't do to bad 5 battles 2 decapitations and 3 times he was shot down and the last time he was shot down it was only because he used his suit as shield to protect Mannequin.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 14:41   Link #2165
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
This was actually what prompted my short rant back there. I think I remembered at what number the Feldt-hate thread was in, which was around 70 to 72. After Mizushima posted his flare-up twitter post, now it's at 76. There are so many things he can post about: sketches of mechs, weapons, backdrops, his team mates working. He hasn't even posted a single storyboard sketch of Descartes and we have a sketch of Feldt? Specifically with tears near Setsuna? Maybe because Descartes' thread doesn't get as much attention as the one bashing this romantic pairing.

"Watch them go wild with this picture!"
LOL, now I get it: Mizushima is the biggest troll there.
Perhaps he thinks if (just IF) the movie fails fans will blame it on the romance, and not on the mecha.
<=I know that doesn't make any sense.

I don't care about the hate threads, they surely have their justified reason to exist.
But trolling in the respective character/pairing thread is just intolerable.

The SetsuFeru thread I am following is only the 6th and all the "Go die!", "It's soo one-sided haha" in it really makes me doubt the average age of the posters (and combined with all my blood-stained memories there, the average age of 2chers in general).

Okay, sorry for being slightly(?) off-topic.

Back to romance in 00 again.

I surely don't see any fruitful(?) outcome between Setsuna and Feldt in the movie.
Throwing away all the characterization (or lack of it) arguments, I have always felt that romance in 00, especially when it comes to Setsuna, was more or less like side-dishes. I did enjoy their over-cute interactions and if there is nothing above that I'll just leave it to the fandom. That's what fanfics and fanarts are for

Btw, I think SetsuMari is still the most welcomed Setsuna het-pairing?
I have watched the series again and I feel I simply don't understand Mizushima's intentions anymore, and since I never followed official side materials (interviews, character books, magazine etc.), would anyone link me to the archives (and convert me to the SetsuMari ship)?

Last edited by dec4rhapsody; 2010-05-01 at 15:20. Reason: ...4 am, grammar device shut down
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 17:13   Link #2166
wingzerosnuggles

I haven't looked at side materials either but I still ship Setsuna/Marina. Maybe because their first meeting reminded me a bit of Heero and Relena's infamous "I'll kill you" scene only Marina's a bit more unsettled about her country being in peril and falls to her knees. Having your hero and heroine meet in the 8th damned episode is not a good move. I was looking forward to the whole "older woman" angle. Maybe she'd be like a more mature Relena. Yeah, that didn't work out like I thought it would. And as far as I know, Relena's nice to kids but not opposed to slapping them in the face. (Bitchslapping Mariemaia, ftw!) I don't see Marina being the same. No, she "charms" them like Lacus does. Still, if Mizushima can redeem himself, I'll keep hope alive until he kills it.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 19:23   Link #2167
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

I feel I should put this as disclaimer everytime I want to discuss about 00 pairings:
I don't have prejudice against older women.
Or I do?

I've watched the S2 Ep 22 flower scene in English again...Why did Setsuna's voice has to "shake" as if he was hesistating when he was telling Feldt that he and Marina didn't have that kind of relationship?
I remember that Miyano's voice was totally..."blank"(? I know this isn't the right word) in that scene...
Old 2010-05-01, 19:40   Link #2168
wingzerosnuggles

Setsuna's English voice actor is also Quatre's voice actor (Brad Swaile). Maybe Brad let a bit of Q out in that. xD Setsuna and Quatre are like night and day though.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:21   Link #2169
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
I feel I should put this as disclaimer everytime I want to discuss about 00 pairings:
I don't have prejudice against older women.
Or I do?

I've watched the S2 Ep 22 flower scene in English again...Why did Setsuna's voice has to "shake" as if he was hesistating when he was telling Feldt that he and Marina didn't have that kind of relationship?
I remember that Miyano's voice was totally..."blank"(? I know this isn't the right word) in that scene...
you have to mention the english version cause i remember way it sounded that feldt does got seem liking on set-light just that way Chantal Strand sound on it very more convince on set-feldt.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 11:06   Link #2170
satomianzaki

i'll be very happy if there will be setsuna x feldt scenes in the upcoming movie...

as for the pairings, marina have already wished that setsuna find his true happiness in the ending of the last season...unless marina is willing to stay by setsuna's side (well, she has an entire nation to lead), there will never be a definite development for them...not all long distance relationships lasts...

and here we have feldt who is starting to have romantic feelings of love for setsuna...and a person with a very painful past such as him also deserves to be loved...that kind of love...(since for marina, i'm not sure what kind of love is between her and setsuna)...

so yeah, if feldt's love will get through setsuna, then i will say, she really deserves him...

and i think the flower scene is just the beginning and setsuna reaching for it in the end may be a sign that feldt's concerns got through him...it did serve its purpose for him to stay alive...

that's just my opinion, btw...

satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 12:29   Link #2171
comewhatmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
you have to mention the english version cause i remember way it sounded that feldt does got seem liking on set-light just that way Chantal Strand sound on it very more convince on set-feldt.

i got this from ncnc
comewhatmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 07:11   Link #2172
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by comewhatmay View Post

i got this from ncnc
this is obvious more set-feldt jokes written on those pics really how much longer till sept?!

so NUCLEAR mood on it really set-feldt must happen.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 06:31   Link #2173
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by comewhatmay View Post

i got this from ncnc
Yay, go Setsu-Feru! She must have been pretty relieved when setsuna survived the finale of s2. The last person she had feelings for didn't end up so lucky. She's been through enough, just let her have some happiness with setsuna.

4 months is way too frikkin long! I wish they'd announced the movie in may, and then started feeding our curiosity. now we had to wait a year, and I can't take that much waiting.
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 05:57   Link #2174
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Btw, I think SetsuMari is still the most welcomed Setsuna het-pairing?
I have watched the series again and I feel I simply don't understand Mizushima's intentions anymore, and since I never followed official side materials (interviews, character books, magazine etc.), would anyone link me to the archives (and convert me to the SetsuMari ship)?
Degree of welcome is hard to gauge unless it's a landslide, like Saji/Louise vs Andrei/Louise . Personally I like SetsuMari, but not to the point of actively wanting them to end up together (only 3 pairs that I do that for: Lyle/Anew, Allelujah/Sumeragi and Klaus/Shirin). More that I like their interaction as is and think that if the series had put them together, I wouldn't mind. Especially in S2 after Setsuna grew up and the shota vibes are gone. Good SetsuMari fanfics tend to have a certain chaste-yet-sensual flavor which is right up my alley, like these below:
Days Without Rain
Reunion
Sleepwalk

I don't think Mizushima is pairing Setsuna and Marina romantically in canon though. It stays on the fence during S1 and a good portion of S2, making it natural to develop into romance, but won't feel out of character if not. The more important element of their interaction is their meeting of ideals. Their letters to each other at the ends of S1 and S2 back to back are pretty much the gist of Gundam 00's intention.

As for side-material with Setsuna & Marina, I'd recommend:

Yun Kouga's manga "wanderer" - about what Setsuna does before S2. Here, it shows that he thinks about Marina when he's watching the news (as he does throughout the show)
Yun Kouga's manga "The Beginning Man" - it's Lockon-centric, but in the end there's a bit about how Marina inspires Setsuna
Blue Bonds (Aoi Kozuna) manga - where Marina is motherly
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 06:03   Link #2175
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

AllelujahXsumeragi, Now thats interesting, If alle were paired with sumeragi wouldn't he be so overprotective or over possesive of her and he will probably constantly whine about her drinking too much. He would probably remain close to tolemy at all times during battle.
Old 2010-05-14, 06:47   Link #2176
wingzerosnuggles

@furato Those fics were so beautiful! T_T Especially that first one. I can so picture their relationship turning out that way. It's perfectly oxymoronic. They belong together but it just can't be.
Old 2010-05-14, 08:23   Link #2177
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

@furato
Thanks for the links and fic rec! (Will check letter...)

@wingzerosnuggles
Maa, let's just wait and see what happens in the movie...
Old 2010-05-14, 08:33   Link #2178
wingzerosnuggles

@dec4rhapsody Yeah, I guess so. *sighs* I'm already prepped for disappointment though.
Old 2010-05-14, 17:38   Link #2179
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
@dec4rhapsody Yeah, I guess so. *sighs* I'm already prepped for disappointment though.
I agreed with you there. I already gave up on them. But I couldn't help getting hopeful everytime there's a new info or official picture of Setsuna x Marina's possibility.

But yeah...It's either Gundam or Feldt now...TT_TT
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 17:48   Link #2180
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
I agreed with you there. I already gave up on them. But I couldn't help getting hopeful everytime there's a new info or official picture of Setsuna x Marina's possibility.

But yeah...It's either Gundam or Feldt now...TT_TT
I'd rather have Setsuna x Gundam then :/

Really, what is killing me with Feldt is that it suddenly came out of nowhere. In the end of the serie "Oh Setsuna, BTW I may have feelings for you so take this flower and baw, hope Marina won't mind"

Yeah thanks no. Don't see the point of such a thing when there is absolutely no devellopment (and since I doubt the movie will give us real devellopment, it will be a failure no matter what.); Marina and Setsuna had the basis, with her having made a deep impression on him and him being always on her mind. (and being all grown up so that their difference of age wasn't a physical problem anymore :P)

Feldt and Setsuna. Why not Desu Gil and Stsuna ?

And to make things even better, they cut Feldt hair and she is now...well not terrible. Even in looks they don't match.

Let's hope for Setsuna and Gundam. I really don't get what they did there. I've learn to never trust promo pics, but what they did is beyond understanding.

Guess I'll stick with Turn A, Seed and Wing ships

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote