AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters EX - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 1 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 23.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-27, 13:08   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Little Busters EX - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters EX, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-02-27, 14:46   Link #2
ChampDream
Alive

Saya and Riki are really cute together.
Old 2014-02-27, 15:33   Link #3
MCAL

Somehow Riki being the one Saya was holding and not the other way around is very fitting.

I like how they are handling Saya's character. Rather then being annoyed by her outbursts, I can't help but feel sorry for her, because for all her spy talk and good handling with a gun, this girl has zero self-esteem. Interested in what her connection to Riki is.

And yes Riki with a gun is a very odd experience.
Old 2014-03-01, 07:54   Link #4
Zankoku12

This

also came from Saya.
Old 2014-03-01, 09:06   Link #5
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Can I just say:

Riki romance routes are A LOT better than Friendship Routes. Non-Stop.
Old 2014-03-02, 23:01   Link #6
Monoriu

I have some mixed feelings about this route. On one hand we have a very interesting character in Saya and an intriguing plot that I will be happy to follow.

On the other, there are many aspects that fail to suspend disbelief. The most glaring one being that Saya really did try to kill Riki a few times in the previous episode. Riki only escaped because he was lucky. And then he was perfectly happy to go on an adventure with this girl with guns?

Then we have the guns. Girl with machine guns in the afterlife. No problem at all. That's the afterlife, they can do anything. A girl hunting monsters in the school building at night with a sword. Ok. It is probably not too hard to get hold of a sword. Even then, there were consequences for breaking the windows. A girl hunting monsters at night with pistols and seemingly unlimited ammo. And no consequcnes for firing them everywhere. That's a bit more difficult to swallow.

Is this taking place in the dreamworld?
Old 2014-03-03, 03:33   Link #7
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoriu View Post
A girl hunting monsters at night with pistols and seemingly unlimited ammo. And no consequcnes for firing them everywhere. That's a bit more difficult to swallow.

Is this taking place in the dreamworld?
Well DO note that these same monsters are the ones actually covering the tracks of Saya, so it's still somehow on the believable state.....if you don't count the actual Exceutives of Darkness.
Old 2014-03-03, 03:38   Link #8
Tsutsukakushi
Prince

I just started watching Little Buster, I hope it's a good one to add to the list...
Old 2014-03-03, 23:29   Link #9
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Interesting episode. It is really interesting to see Saya's character she is a little more charismatic than Yuri. I can't wait to play the game and get to know her better but this episode did well to showcase her. I find her personality still complex. I look forward to how Riki knew her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutsukakushi View Post
I just started watching Little Buster, I hope it's a good one to add to the list...
It is, but I hope you didn't start here at EX lol
Old 2014-03-04, 15:40   Link #10
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Previously on Angel Busters...

I did laugh at the perv Riki part. I mean it was almost like he was conspiring for an excuse to get Saya naked. Although he seems to be suffering from stockholm syndrome or some shit during this arc. I mean even before Saya stopped trying to kill him, his reactions were pretty underwhelming. I can't but feel he's being used as a placeholder protagonist here. The only saving grace thus far is him thinking if it'd be better if she was in the Little Busters. Otherwise, we're relying on Jun Maeda to write romance, and hahahahahahahahaha. (Ok, Clannad was good in parts)

I don't know. It's like they thought the plot of Little Busters wasn't whacked enough, so they make it even more wacky. I mean Key stuff always gets really dumb at certain points, but this is approaching Angel Beats silliness. It's like they thought the girls in Little Busters weren't crazy and bipolar enough, so then there's Saya now. In a way, it's sort of humorous that they're turning everything about Little Busters up to 11, but at the same time there's even more eye rolling moments. It's quite funny, but I think I'll having a hard time adjusting if it decides to be serious again.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-03-04, 15:57   Link #11
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoriu View Post
I have some mixed feelings about this route. On one hand we have a very interesting character in Saya and an intriguing plot that I will be happy to follow.

On the other, there are many aspects that fail to suspend disbelief. The most glaring one being that Saya really did try to kill Riki a few times in the previous episode. Riki only escaped because he was lucky. And then he was perfectly happy to go on an adventure with this girl with guns?
For me, at least, Saya's route works best if I kind of treat it like Chuunibyou meets a Key romance route. In other words, don't take it that seriously, except the FEELS parts, and it's pretty charming and entertaining. I definitely do like the added romance. And the internal contradictions to Saya's character are pretty amusing.
Old 2014-03-04, 17:58   Link #12
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I'm having an Austin Powers take on this. With all these comical near-death situations involving overly exotic deaths, I'm expecting someone to demand a million dollars or two from the school.

Saya Tokido: International Woman of Mystery.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-03-04, 20:39   Link #13
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I'm having an Austin Powers take on this. With all these comical near-death situations involving overly exotic deaths, I'm expecting someone to demand a million dollars or two from the school.

Saya Tokido: International Woman of Mystery.
lol, yeah. It does work really well if you think of it as being like an Austin Powers-esque spoof of spy movies.

Spoiler for Clannad joke, some slight spoilers:
Old 2014-03-28, 12:33   Link #14
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
This

also came from Saya.
Yeah I knew her laugh was familiar, now I know why.
Old 2014-03-28, 22:41   Link #15
novalysis

Angel Busters.... is rather fitting. I really think Saya is the bridge between the premise of Little Busters, and the premise of Angel Beats. Infact, I wonder whether Angel Beats turned out the way it did, because of the popularity of the Saya Route - perhaps it convinced Maeda that such stories would be popular with his fanbase.
Old 2014-04-06, 06:55   Link #16
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Angel Busters.... is rather fitting. I really think Saya is the bridge between the premise of Little Busters, and the premise of Angel Beats. Infact, I wonder whether Angel Beats turned out the way it did, because of the popularity of the Saya Route - perhaps it convinced Maeda that such stories would be popular with his fanbase.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this were true. The similarities are too strong.
Old 2014-04-19, 15:17   Link #17
Dextro
He Without a Title

So my take from this route is this: Riki is an M right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
lol, yeah. It does work really well if you think of it as being like an Austin Powers-esque spoof of spy movies.

Spoiler for Clannad joke, some slight spoilers:
As a Clannad fan I would give you rep for this if the system were still in place. Well played sir, well played.
Old 2014-04-20, 19:42   Link #18
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So my take from this route is this: Riki is an M right?
Judging by the other OVA from what Yuiko suggested and some slight hints in this OVA, I conclude that Riki is actually an S with the appearance of an M.

For more explanation, please consult...

Spoiler for inu x boku ss:

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2015-03-12, 11:21   Link #19
kitten320

I know tons of people love this arc but I find it hard to swallow... first we have Saya who actually tries to kill Riki... and everyone here is like yeh cool. Like what? Most of you despise Kanata for being mean to Haruka for many reasons and here you are cool with Saya trying to murder someone? OK...

So... how exactly did they get back to school? They went through tons of traps, fell down an then somehow went back and forward like nothing? HOW?!

A hot bath? And no shadow agents to get them? I have hard time understanding as to what causes them to appear. This area was perfect for ambush!

This arc is all over the place. It tries to be dark and mysterious and then it makes a 180 degree turn... hoping that next episodes will make me realize why this arc is loved so much.