AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 23:25   Link #181
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I would imagine they'd do just fine with a v8.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 02:27   Link #182
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
So it is cheaper to buy cars that are actually sold in Canada then...

Don't Citroën have that lane-warning system? The one that vibrates your chair every time you straddle out of lane? The one that if girls were driving it they'd drive deliberately on the hard shoulder for?

I'm sorry, but how the hell does a vibrating seat make you feel good? I tried one and it was just absolutely horrible.
My Honda was actually manufactured in Canada.

I haven't seen any of these "chair vibrating" lane warning systems.
All the ones I've come across flash a light on the dash cluster and
beep rather loud.

Then again, US highways have "rumble strips" on the sides of the
road that cause your car to make a really annoying audible sound
(as well as shake the entire car) when you run over them.
Old 2010-01-27, 03:10   Link #183
Armored Knight

Quote:
When you get your GT 500 I think you'll be very pleased! I got to test drive one last summer and loved it. I didn't buy it because I once drove an original with the 428 Cobra Jet engine, it was fast but it rattled like a freight train!
The only problem is the ridiculous prices in my country. For my it is a Ford or not. I will never buy a car that is not made by Ford unless it is a Corvette or something as aggressive as this car. Ford cars are usually priced just right.

The new 5.0L 412hp GT engine won't hold me off buying a GT500. My Chevy fan friend always says: If I were you, I will never give up. And that's exactly how I feel. I already have proper education and I planning to work with Ford agent in my country after 2 years. I am only planning to do this because I believe that Ford makes the best cars and I love them because of this. In addition, I believe they have the most reasonable prices and the best value for money.

I want to buy a Ford GT so bad, but that won't probably happen unless I hit my 30s XD

Quote:
VXR? I assuming you're talking about the VXR8 that's sold as a Vauxhall? Our home brand is Holden, that's a HSV Clubsport, and the people's car of Australia is the Commodore. I've seen Chevy badges on these world-wide (watching an episode of Top Gear, I couldn't help but notice the Abu Dabhi (forgive me if it's spelt wrong) police cruisers), even in Australia.
GM have started to sell them as Chevy in the Middle East since 2000. They put Chevy badges, call them Lumina and Caprice and they sell like hot cakes. Today, everybody is aware of the fact that those cars are Australian and made by Holden, but they have become popular and many people buy them. I think it is the right time to change their badges and names and to start selling them as Holden. You can find a Commodore of a Statesman in almost every street. My Chevy fan friend has a Lumina SS which looked exactly like this:

But he bought Holden badge set and installed them. His car also has a black spoiler.

Lumina=Commodore and Caprice=Statesman. Although most of the police cars in Saudi Arabia are Crown Victoria, there are many Lumina police cars.

In my opinion, they look nice and have powerful engines but their quality is not that good. I am sad because GM named the Statesman a Caprice. They ruined the Caprice's legendary name.
Armored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 03:22   Link #184
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
That looks about right.

At least this country's contributed something useful to this world, aside from the ute.

I wouldn't buy a Commodore, and I don't care how Australian it is. Too big for what I'd consider something useful.
Old 2010-01-27, 10:53   Link #185
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Knight View Post
My Chevy fan friend has a Lumina SS which looked exactly like this:

But he bought Holden badge set and installed them. His car also has a black spoiler.
As much as I dislike Chevrolet, I would totally drive that car. That is sick.

EDIT: After doing a little research, it looks like the Pontiac G8 is a
captive import of the Holden VE Commodore. It's a pity Pontiac has gone
under.

Quote:
I wouldn't buy a Commodore, and I don't care how Australian it is. Too big for what I'd consider something useful.
That's big to you? The Commodore is a very small car on this side of the pond...
Go look at the Cadillac CTS or the Dodge Charger. Those are large cars here.

Last edited by Takeru; 2010-01-27 at 11:25.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 11:50   Link #186
Armored Knight

The Pontiac G8 is not even a Pontiac, but does it really matter now? GM closed Pontiac

In my opinion, the G8 is ugly. Just look at its front grilles trying too hard to become a 'Pontiac'.

Look at the CSV CR8 (a more powerful version of the Lumina and that's what it's called in the Arabian countries anyway), it looks much better.

The owner of this car must be too rich to afford the plate's number. I bet it is more expensive than the car it self.

It only comes with 6 speed manual transmission. It looks better in real life.

It is expensive if you ask me. I wouldn't go for a Holden if I were to spend that much money.
Old 2010-01-27, 11:56   Link #187
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
At the moment, that quote is actually my own bit of wisdom, but it does sound like a Clarkson Comparison doesn't it?

I thought so, I remember seeing a taxi driving down the road and the back door was just opening and closing. It is a cool feature to have.

VXR? I assuming you're talking about the VXR8 that's sold as a Vauxhall? Our home brand is Holden, that's a HSV Clubsport, and the people's car of Australia is the Commodore. I've seen Chevy badges on these world-wide (watching an episode of Top Gear, I couldn't help but notice the Abu Dabhi (forgive me if it's spelt wrong) police cruisers), even in Australia.

I have heard of the Chery Pickup trucks, but haven't seen any. Most people prefer the ute, which is unique in being based off a standard roadcar chassis (and an interesting story of pro Golfer Stuart Appleby modifying his M5 into a ute).

Holden's slipped. The Barina they have is rubbish. It used to be the XC Corsa (3rd gen), which was brilliant, then they used a TK Daewoo Kalos (that Chevy Aveo) which is, without breaking the watershed, a load of bull.

In Latin America, they have a Corsa XC ute (I'm not joking, that hatchback's available as a pickup over there), called a Chevy Montana I thinks.
Your previous sig. I think.

A view of the driver's seat of the Comfort.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biAh9ELvnsY

The supercharged Comfort I was talking about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GT-Z3142B.JPG

That would make a cool drift car. maximum output is ( in kW(PS)/rpm) 118(160)/6100 rpm Maximum torque is ( inNm(kg-m)/rpm) 221(22.5)/3300 rpm.

The new 4 seater model: Maximum output (kW(PS)/rpm) 85(114)/4,800
Maximum torque (Nm(kg-m)/rpm) 189(19.3)/3,600

I was refering to Great Wall Motors.........they did some hideous ads to sell their cars but the cars themselves looks quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mw5QEPn2WM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0YQuUMQLfk

Labelled Chevy, actually Daewoo. Not good at all. Don't trust those Lacettis and Aveos. They are worse than Kia and Hyundai =.=
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 12:11   Link #188
Armored Knight

The Daewoos are Aveo, Lacetti (called Optra here), Cruze, Captiva, Epica (the ugliest car ever?) and what else? I hope I didn't miss anyone.

All of them are released here and carry Chevy badges. They are pure crap in terms of performance and features. In addition, even though they are not expensive, they should be much cheaper.

One of my friends has an Epica. OMG! this car is DEAD. It is just too slow and has the worst handling and steering ability ever. A truck handles and performs better I bet. The only advantages of this car are its interior space and its acceptable build quality.

Daewoo is a part of GM now but still makes the same rubbish. Kia and Hyundai are MUCH better so that Daewoo cars are not even comparable.
Old 2010-01-27, 16:23   Link #189
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
I believe some ex-Daewoo are sold as Suzuki in America (WTF!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
As much as I dislike Chevrolet, I would totally drive that car. That is sick.
I'm glad you like it. Again, I'm glad this country has produced something better to the world than Kangaroo meat...

Quote:
That's big to you? The Commodore is a very small car on this side of the pond...
Go look at the Cadillac CTS or the Dodge Charger. Those are large cars here.
Oh yeah, I've seen a Chevy Pickup truck. It took me what felt like 5 years to get around it. Massive.

What the Commodore is, it's an example of an Australian Muscle Car. It's fast, it's cheap, but it also corners well. It's suspension is designed to tackle some of the crap roads we got round the back parts of Australia, and it's manufactured in Port Melbourne.
Old 2010-01-27, 17:02   Link #190
Armored Knight

Quote:
Oh yeah, I've seen a Chevy Pickup truck. It took me what felt like 5 years to get around it. Massive.
Like, a Chevy 3500 or even 2500?

I really like Chvey trucks and Ford F-series, but I wouldn't want to drive something that big. They are powerful, tough, reliable and cheap for what they offer.

The current Chevy Silverado (with two doors) is beautiful and it is not that big.
Old 2010-01-27, 17:12   Link #191
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Like, a Chevy 3500 or even 2500?

I really like Chvey trucks and Ford F-series, but I wouldn't want to drive something that big. They are powerful, tough, reliable and cheap for what they offer.

The current Chevy Silverado (with two doors) is beautiful and it is not that big.
It was an old one. Red, even the badge was painted over. They don't sell Chevrolet here anymore, but they were thinking of importing the Camaro as a Holden Camaro.

That is the current Holden Ute, based off the Holden Commodore VE, aka the Chevrolet Lumina.
Old 2010-01-27, 17:39   Link #192
Armored Knight

What?! You have a pick-up version of the car in Australia? I can't imagine this thing with a monstrous V8 engine XD. I mean, most of the cars of this size have pathetic engines and performance.

But it won't sell very well overseas. There are much better car if you want a REAL pick-up.

And yes, speaking of monsters...

Meet the Ford F-150 Raptor. It has everything: power, space, looks and price. It is simply the best.

By the way, the car in the pic earlier is a 3500. There are 1500 and 2500 Chevy trucks too. But sadly, they don't make 1500 SUVs with two doors currently. The Yukon GT and the old Blazer were kickass SUVs.

Last edited by Armored Knight; 2010-01-27 at 17:51.
Old 2010-01-27, 18:13   Link #193
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
What?! You have a pick-up version of the car in Australia? I can't imagine this thing with a monstrous V8 engine XD.
Well, we do build it (actually on closer inspection the factory is in South Australia, but the brand is based in Melbourne). There's also an estate version too, and even a sport estate called the "Sportwagon".

Yes, that's also available with a 6litre V8.

Quote:
I mean, most of the cars of this size have pathetic engines and performance.

But it won't sell very well overseas. There are much better car if you want a REAL pick-up.

And yes, speaking of monsters...

Meet the Ford F-150 Raptor. It has everything: power, space, looks and price. It is simply the best.

By the way, the car in the pic earlier is a 3500. There are 1500 and 2500 Chevy trucks too. But sadly, they don't make 1500 SUVs with two doors currently. The Yukon GT and the old Blazer were kickass SUVs.
Woah...huge as. Talk about spacious much?

Last edited by Haruka_Kitten; 2010-01-27 at 18:18. Reason: Better picture
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 13:34   Link #194
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I believe some ex-Daewoo are sold as Suzuki in America (WTF!!!)
afaik, Daewoo is owned by GM and sells them under the Chevy badge in the US.

Quote:
Well, we do build it (actually on closer inspection the factory is in South Australia, but the brand is based in Melbourne). There's also an estate version too, and even a sport estate called the "Sportwagon".

I have a soft spot for slick looking wagons. Even if they don't pack much power.
*cough*Citroën C4*cough*
Old 2010-01-28, 17:09   Link #195
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:

*cough*Suzuki Forenza/Reno*cough*

Quote:
I have a soft spot for slick looking wagons. Even if they don't pack much power.
*cough*Citroën C4*cough*
Has anyone apart from the British and Australian audiences seen the C4 ad, where the car is a Transformer (no, I'm not joking) and does stuff like dance, and ski etc. How cool that ad was, and how much did I wanna buy that car?
Old 2010-01-29, 00:25   Link #196
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*cough*Suzuki Forenza/Reno*cough*

Has anyone apart from the British and Australian audiences seen the C4 ad, where the car is a Transformer (no, I'm not joking) and does stuff like dance, and ski etc. How cool that ad was, and how much did I wanna buy that car?
This one?
I find it hilarious because it's set in New York and Citroën hasn't sold cars in the US since the '50s.
Old 2010-01-29, 04:13   Link #197
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
This one?
I find it hilarious because it's set in New York and Citroën hasn't sold cars in the US since the '50s.

and these......

Too bad, Citroen has its great hydramatic (I don't remember exact name) suspension which ensures a great smooth ride, though cornering would be like steering a barge.
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 05:55   Link #198
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
This one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post

and these......

Too bad, Citroen has its great hydramatic (I don't remember exact name) suspension which ensures a great smooth ride, though cornering would be like steering a barge.
Being on a mobile phone, I can't see any of them, but quoting, and searching the ID'S, yeah, they're the right ones. I was, however, referring to MitsubishiZero's first one, with the car skating.

Close, Hydro-pneumatic. Apparently, according to well known (and in some parts, infamous) Motoring Journalist Jeremy Clarkson (who might I add once called Brown a "One eyed, Scottish Idiot" ), the C6's handling is direct, but still smooth, even though the gear stick isn't "Made from rhubarb and sticking out of the ceiling".
Old 2010-01-29, 13:56   Link #199
Knyghtblade
Hooked on Catgirls

Send a message via ICQ to Knyghtblade Send a message via AIM to Knyghtblade
Quote:

*cough*Citroën C4*cough*

haha I love slick wagons. Not as hot as the pic but I have been searching for months for a 4th gen civic wagon.

As for my entrance into the discussion. I would consider myself a tuner, so yes, i'm into cars.

I have a eg civic hatchback, started as a DX and has since been converted to an eg6 SiR except for the right hand drive. It's also a panda.

I also have an EG Civic ex sedan that has become a bit of a project car now that the hatch is done.

I love the 4th-6th gen civics and the comparable integras
Knyghtblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 14:27   Link #200
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Ah, speaking of Civic...

That's the Euro-spec Honda Civic built in...Swindon? It looks like a coupe, but it actually has 5 doors (the back door handles are tucked away in a corner where you'd expect to find a window). They sell it here too, but due to the unique way the euro and pound works, it's priced itself out of the competition.

The Euro-spec Civic Type-R. I like that. Priced in Australia at AU$43K, it's quite steep. For around that money I'd be looking at a Mazda 3 MPS. It's still gopingly brilliant to look at, and I hope it's one of the cars I get around to test-driving when I get a full licence.

Last edited by Haruka_Kitten; 2010-01-29 at 14:55. Reason: Talk about redundancy...
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote