AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-10, 03:06   Link #101
game2007

You know, I just realized that this chapter's title is one heck of a big spoiler itself for people who are still trying to catch up with the current chapter.
Old 2010-02-10, 04:35   Link #102
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The next chapter has the chance of being the most awesome chapter in history if WB goes berserk and wipes whatever is left from Marineford in one swipe with the last panel having a badass close-up on WB saying "let's settle this Akainu!!"

At that point it won't matter anymore that he is stabbed or old: An enraged WB is something you certainly don't want coming after you at full speed.
Old 2010-02-10, 04:35   Link #103
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This seems the most likely outcome (especially considering the shounen love for this cliche). Luffy went pseudo-Haoushoku Haki at the mere possibility that Ace could be killed, so it seems possible that he could go full-Haoushoku Haki with Ace's death/almost death.

Yes but this is OP , luffy going full haki can happen but him breaking down or being to tired to do anything is also possible .
Old 2010-02-10, 05:34   Link #104
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Yes but this is OP , luffy going full haki can happen but him breaking down or being to tired to do anything is also possible .
The latter seems the bigger option to me. Luffy seems in a state where you could punch him repeatedly and he wouldn't budge or flinch. The man really seems out for this arc. I wonder who or how he'll get out of this state. Luffy's spirit is broken. The man just seems up, physically and mentally.

The real questions are now to me:
- Is WB still going to die? Cause he really seemed like the one who was going to die and now his death wouldn't be that epic anymore to me. It would pale in comparisation to Ace.
- When or what is BB going to do? The man made such a promosing statement saying he'll shake the world but Akainu already took care of that. So what's BB got in store still that could rival Ace's death or even best it.
Old 2010-02-10, 06:39   Link #105
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
The latter seems the bigger option to me. Luffy seems in a state where you could punch him repeatedly and he wouldn't budge or flinch. The man really seems out for this arc. I wonder who or how he'll get out of this state. Luffy's spirit is broken. The man just seems up, physically and mentally.
I agree 100%. That look on his face is one of shock. He looks helpless.

Quote:
- Is WB still going to die? Cause he really seemed like the one who was going to die and now his death wouldn't be that epic anymore to me. It would pale in comparisation to Ace.
- When or what is BB going to do? The man made such a promosing statement saying he'll shake the world but Akainu already took care of that. So what's BB got in store still that could rival Ace's death or even best it.
True, WB dying isn't going to as epic, though if WB and Ace died on the same day that would REALLY shake the world IMO.

So how the heck can BB top that? Only way I can think of is beheading Sengoku and Akainu(assuming he survives WB's wrath) and putting them on flags on top the Marine HQ building
Old 2010-02-10, 06:42   Link #106
upiro

Seriously, this arc is sooo full of twists and turns, it's been a crazy ride!!

The tide of the battle changes, like, every few chapters. When Whitebeard first appeared and I saw his and Marco's and Joz's crazy powers, I thought HQ was doomed. But, Squad's betrayal and Akainu's raining destruction (literally) made me realise how outmatched the pirates were.

Then, Luffy's and Whitebeard's incredible efforts near the platform seemed to be paying fruit until Akainu's recent, errr, act.

And Blackbeard hasn't even appeared!

Everyone's said this already but the last 24 chapters have been amaaazing!! No idea what's going to happen next and that's how it should be
Old 2010-02-10, 06:44   Link #107
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This seems the most likely outcome (especially considering the shounen love for this cliche). Luffy went pseudo-Haoushoku Haki at the mere possibility that Ace could be killed, so it seems possible that he could go full-Haoushoku Haki with Ace's death/almost death.
Yeah. Plus, Luffy has never been one to take shit lying down... Somebody's gonna get a whooping!
Old 2010-02-10, 07:25   Link #108
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Yeah. Plus, Luffy has never been one to take shit lying down... Somebody's gonna get a whooping!
yes he has , when he thought his crew was dead and he knew he was out number he end up breaking down.
Old 2010-02-10, 08:09   Link #109
Warlord90

Blackbeard will not come to the battle. Hedoesn't care about Ace, in fact, firstly he wanted to give Luffy to the Marines. He became a Shichibukai so he can for example get in Impel Down, without being chased by the Marines. I think that going to Impel Down was only his first move. Now that Ace is dead who cares if Blackbeard will come ?

The Royal Shichibukai !!!
Old 2010-02-10, 08:55   Link #110
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i think luffy will do one burst of haki, damage Akainu, then passed out leaving WB to do the rest while he's being carried away
Old 2010-02-10, 09:38   Link #111
shankss
CP10

I hope there wont be one of those super saiyan haki modes next week.I've seen enough characters shouting like animals and then getting random power ups.This is old and cheesy as hell.
Old 2010-02-10, 09:52   Link #112
zaner

Honestly I'm hoping Luffy is out of commission for the rest of the fight after this, and he will be saved by some of the new world Peoples. I really hope they don't go DBZ on us.

Last edited by zaner; 2010-02-10 at 10:16. Reason: Fixed a few grammer problems
Old 2010-02-10, 10:05   Link #113
Dem0n_Sl@sHeR

Yeah, but i really wanna see luffy's epic fight in the end of this arc. Because every long arcs have some crazy fights with new skills:
Arabasta - luffy vs crocoboy - Gomu gomu no Storm
Enies Lobby - luffy vs rom lucci - Gomu gomu no Jet Gatling
Thriller Bark - MWs vs Moria & Odz - Nightmare Luffy, Gear 2nd &3rd
So i hope luffy will do something epic with his haki.
Old 2010-02-10, 10:59   Link #114
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:

Not really. WB's death is far more significant in the OP world than Ace's death. WB is the man who dominated/ruled this era. Him not being around anymore will cause chaos. Fishman Island & everywhere else that was being protected by WB are vulnerable once more. WB's "children"/allies are fair game now, because no one needs fear retribution from WB anymore.

And yeah, of course WB is gonna die. He came into this battle..already suffering frm some illness, add that to all the injuries he's taken & what he said to Squard about his stabbing him not affecting him in the least....he is defo a dead man.

Quote:
If there is 1 thing you & all of us for that matter, shoulda learned by now is never ever second guess/underestimate Oda. If Blackbeard says he will do something that'll rock the world, you better believe It is gonna be big.
Old 2010-02-10, 11:32   Link #115
DaiDreamZ
Orange Lover

Ace's body turn into his Devil's Fruit? Ace Devil's Fuit and Luffy's Combine into 1? Luffy eats the fruit? anyway..just random..
Old 2010-02-10, 12:01   Link #116
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

Iva will save Ace... somehow... I hope.
Old 2010-02-10, 13:03   Link #117
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
yes he has , when he thought his crew was dead and he knew he was out number he end up breaking down.
Well, touche.

But aside from that, Luffy doesn't generally back down, especially when it comes to Ace. I say he is gonna go after Aikanu like a mad man, even if he still gets his ass kicked.

Though I don't mind if he goes super saiyan haki. I know it's cliche but it's one that I like (as long as the author doesn’t over-use it).
Old 2010-02-10, 13:03   Link #118
Prestige

Holy shit....

I just read the chapter... damn it Oda you really did it afterall. Thiis is damn tragic... Luffy fought through hells to save Ace and in the end Ace died saving Luffy...

I really did cry alittle in this chapter, when I saw WB crying it just hit me...

I saw spoilers on Sunday and I thought I was prepared but it still hit me. Oda finally killed charecter in real time, and it was actually Ace... this is same time one of most epic moments of One Piece and most tragic at same time.

When Ace was dying hugging Luffy and whispering his last words to Luffy it is just so damn strong moment.

This is why One Piece is totally its own league, only some Seinen series can match it occasionally.
Old 2010-02-10, 13:17   Link #119
itachi29al

Cant believe Oda finally killed off a major character, intense, didnt know he had it in him. Nicely done for the most part. This really opens the question of what their going to do now. I hope they dont bring Ace miraculously back to life, that would just be imo bad writing. It was touching end so lets leave it at that. Also this is good because i was getting bored with this giant war. Plus im starting to miss the old straw hat crew, im hoping they will enter back into the main storyline soon. I wonder if luffy will hold a grugde against Akainu
Old 2010-02-10, 13:18   Link #120
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
Iva will save Ace... somehow... I hope.
Iva only can bring miracles when someone is still alive, but he doesn't resurrect a dead man

When Nappa killed Piccolo who tried to protect Gohan, we saw Gohan's outburst which was only enough to kick Nappa's *ss for a short spell. It's probably a similar and more realistic scenario here: Luffy will plant some haki enhanced punch on Akainu, but he will be outmatched in the end.

But I definitely want to see Gear 4
Closed Thread