Old 2013-12-15, 05:10   Link #781
elior

Spoiler for episode 46 title:
yes finally we will know the truth
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 10:44   Link #782
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 43. To the Person Precious to Me! Aguri's Parents Day at School!

In contrast to other episodes where and when Cure Ace made a relevant standing onscreen, she behaved tamed in this one. Nonetheless, the flashbacks exploring about the circumstances on her birth were very welcomed, particularly the drama. Her past made me to reformulate my previous theory:
Spoiler:

Seems like the forty-fourth episode will be the last one involving the MOTW format before the plot switches to the last story arc.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 01:29   Link #783
elior

Spoiler for final episodes titles:
sound like we will have a twist at the final episodes
Old 2013-12-21, 12:09   Link #784
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 44. The Selfishness Trap! A Christmas without Mana!

A beautifully written episode that broke a few clichéd tropes established in previous Pretty Cure seasons. For starters, Cure Diamond shone the most appealing to Regina that they are connected to Mana even when being far away, and also for Regina to admit that, indeed, she loves Mana.
Normally, I would dislike the trope of appeasing then befriending the villain with words alone due not only it is clichéd to me but also comes as cheap that no effort was previously invested, and the villain becomes goody-goody in an instant just because he or she listened to the words of the heroine. This has not been the case in Doki Doki, because all girls have been previously acquainted at a personal level with Regina and made their individual efforts to reach her in the later episodes. The drama exchange was so tender and more so when Regina blushed out of embarrassment to admit that she loves Mana that I sobbed.
Moreover, the Cure proved to the Jikochuu that even when separated they're strong and self-reliant. Usually in the earlier PreCure seasons if at least one Cure got separated from the group then a significant drop in the other Cure's performance and power became noticeable, although their feelings for her missing comrade remain connected and strong. Thankfully, Doki Doki broke with that trope in this episode, and Cure Diamond & the others completely turnaround the tide without needing for Cure Heart to be present except when delivering their finisher move.
It also felt nice that Joe came to free Cure Heart from that cage, because it shows that Cure Heart needs as well a helping hand from time to time in order to get out of sticky situations, as well.

Another thing for me to take note about is that Regina clearly thought that strategy to separate Mana from the group through and through, covering even all little details. Why? The rest of the girls didn't know that the King of Student Council Speech Contest was just a fluke elaborated by Regina, until she and her henchmen told them about it when all engaged in battle at the plaza. They fell for the bait, because Regina was smart enough with the little details like making everyone know in town about the contest through flyers and propaganda. Had Regina only had the flyers handed to the girls, then eventually the girls would have found about the scam sooner by bringing casually the topic to their fellow classmates, and they would have reacted startled and surprised replying they never heard about such contest before.
Secondly, unlike Bel failing miserably to impersonate Joe six episodes back, both Marmo and Iras' disguises were very convincing that they had me fooled the first time they showed up at Mana's doorstep. It wasn't until she unsuspectingly went to the contest with them that immediately an epiphany struck me and figured out their identities.
Old 2013-12-21, 14:09   Link #785
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Is it just me or we way beyond subtext at this point? At this point on Doki Doki Precure may end up being the best harem series of 2013!
Old 2013-12-21, 14:42   Link #786
mewvampire
vampires

I love doki doki precure especially mana
mewvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 15:26   Link #787
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Why do I have a feeling that Regina and Aguri are sisters. If you think about it Aguri got the same hair style as Regina or is it just me.
Old 2013-12-21, 19:01   Link #788
elior

Spoiler for episode 45:

Last edited by elior; 2013-12-22 at 03:16.
Old 2013-12-22, 01:08   Link #789
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDCOne View Post
Why do I have a feeling that Regina and Aguri are sisters. If you think about it Aguri got the same hair style as Regina or is it just me.
That's what I theorized at first, and I am resisting the urge to read the spoilers until watching the whole truth in the forty-fifth episode.
Old 2013-12-29, 04:02   Link #790
elior

finally episode 45 was subbed and it seems they are the souls of marie ange regina is the darkness and ace is the light.what i was suprised is that it was lie all along that the queen in the ice

Last edited by elior; 2013-12-29 at 04:19.
Old 2013-12-29, 20:29   Link #791
Laevatein

Was there an episode yesterday, or was it a break for the New Year period?
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 21:03   Link #792
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
Was there an episode yesterday, or was it a break for the New Year period?
There was no episode yesterday. They took a break this week. The next 4 weeks will all have episodes since this is a 49 episode series & the next series will start in February on time, I think.

In any case, I'm glad the series didn't "waste" all the hints they were dropping about a connection between those 4. Having Aguri look like Regina & Ace look like Ange had to have a purpose.
Old 2014-01-01, 14:10   Link #793
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 45. The Fated Duel! Ace VS Regina!

Happy New Year!

Three days ago I watched the forty-fifth episode.

This episode showed to me the very reason as to why the PreCure do not fight for destiny and/or revenge, because it is depressing. It was simply sad and depressing that Aguri held no other way of thinking but fighting Regina until the end due to fate.
Mana, being the cheery and good-will girl that she is, always tries to bring win-to-win situations for everyone whether be friends, family, or completely strangers.

Even if it did not have as much impact on me for Joe to discover and retrieve the Golden Crown, nonetheless, I'm glad he's back again in the storyline.

Furthermore, I'm very excited to see what happens on the next episode, because the preview to me pointed out that they are going to reveal the origin. That is that the fates for both Marie Ange and King Jikochuu are intertwined, or that's what I'm thinking right now.
Old 2014-01-05, 03:05   Link #794
elior

Spoiler for episode 46:
Old 2014-01-17, 10:20   Link #795
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Finished 45 and 46:

Spoiler:

Looking forward to episode 47.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Is it just me or we way beyond subtext at this point? At this point on Doki Doki Precure may end up being the best harem series of 2013!
It can't become harem - because Regina is selfish, would not share Mana with the others
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 21:53   Link #796
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 46. Ace and Regina! The Truth of Their Births!

I was worried because for almost two weeks straight no one else stopped by to continue discussion in this thread, until today.

This Sunday the second last episode airs, and I'm still about one episode behind from the conclusion, so I'll see how can I catch up.

Ok. Watched the forty-sixth episode, and both the drama and story behind the birth of Aguri and Regina, and the creation of King Jikochuu exceeded my expectations.
The only thing that I felt uncomfortable was the cause behind Ange's death sickness. I do understand and can't be helped about magical solutions, but the thing with the sealed darkness conveniently making Ange go ill was too much for my suspension of disbelief to handle; they created a magical problem in order to move onto the direction with the King choosing to retrieve the Crown and releasing the darkness in order to save Ange.

BTW, what I understood after watching this episode is that all the PreCure came to terms that love can either be selfish or selfless, depending on what or to whom those feelings are being projected upon.
We are already familiar with those fantasy stories about selfless heroes and heroines ultimately triumphing against evil, because they come to grow loving the rest of the world and the people living in it.
They usually sell the trope that the more the antagonist is selfish, then the more the antagonist is going to have everything ending bad for him, her, or it. I wouldn't disagree, though I believe is important to apply some degree of flexibility.

Selfish and selflessness are not necessarily good or bad things in an absolute scale, if a balance can be properly reached. After all, we need a degree of selfishness in order to maintain our survival instinct running, as well as needing a degree of selflessness to be able to open up relationships with other people.

Both the King and Princess Ange faced a tough choice, and they despaired a lot on what course of action to take. Personally, I liked better Ange's outcome, because she instead made a third choice or alternative between two extremes and split her heart between her selfish and selfless sides; an action that gave birth to both Regina and Aguri.

I'm very much looking forward to the next episode, and the girls are going to definitely win Regina back to their side and turning King Jikochuu back to the King.
Old 2014-01-18, 19:57   Link #797
Witched

Last week's episode felt underwhelming compared to this week's episode (48).
Spoiler for Episode 48:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 00:38   Link #798
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
It seems that precure, super sentai and kamen rider, all share some ideas for the show All three recently had an underling of the big boss becoming the real final boss. Anyways, this show will end and they teased us with two more enemy generals and never used them... Will they appear in the manga or in any other media?
Old 2014-01-19, 02:14   Link #799
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

^ Maybe in the movie or something. They did the same with Heartcatch
Old 2014-01-19, 11:16   Link #800
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
^ Maybe in the movie or something. They did the same with Heartcatch
They did the same on Heartcatch? If I remember well, I think in the october movie they showed other desert apostles, but in the october movie of DokiDoki they introduced the other two Jikochuu generals. So, maybe they are indeed manga-only

Tags
action, magical girl