AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-09, 09:55   Link #61
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Man, with how the delusions-turning-into-reality concept reintroduced in Chaos;Child, the possibility of ANYTHING being a delusion is very, very real. Including the people being taken care of in the facility.

Also, I like how they're slowly gaining their D-Swords. Another callback to C;H, since they're the same mechanic.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 13:14   Link #62
IceHism

I Find this show quite enjoyable to watch. Apparently the game is also really great and was written by a guy used to writing literary fiction(never even played a VN in his life before, how did mages find this guy) so it is more down to earth and explores things uncommon in otaku targeted works. Though the person I read this from also said the anime is gonna be chaos;head tier(aka really bad). Hmm.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 18:44   Link #63
Applehell

Oi, why the hell did that cop go down to facility by himself? Espeically after he surely heard what was down from Mio.

Weird that Senri, if that really is her just let them go like that, was she just testing them then? More can she only just use Pyroknesis? If so then there she probably isn't behind the murders.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 21:50   Link #64
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Oi, why the hell did that cop go down to facility by himself? Espeically after he surely heard what was down from Mio.

Weird that Senri, if that really is her just let them go like that, was she just testing them then? More can she only just use Pyroknesis? If so then there she probably isn't behind the murders.

Because 1 girl can't take care of psych inmates by herself. Something else had to be going on.
Old 2017-02-10, 09:22   Link #65
Alf

It's more like there are multiple people involved in these murders, and pyroknesis isn't going put a bunch of stickers into someone's stomach. In this episode it's probably showcased how such murder can be carried out: Place seals at where the target's will appear, and use them to manipulate the target into specific locations, then execute under advantageous environment.

The strike back by Arimura and Takuru is perhaps an unexpected factor, or perhaps the way they strike back could be fully expected or even exactly the purpose of the of the attack. In any case, we will need to hear what Arimura have to say about whatever organization may have been in play with the situation.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 10:23   Link #66
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because 1 girl can't take care of psych inmates by herself. Something else had to be going on.
That's exactly my point though. There obviously something extremely warped going on in that place which very well may involve something much bigger, which stands the reason how inane it is for one cop to sneak in with no backup or anything else he can conivenently disappear for his stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
It's more like there are multiple people involved in these murders, and pyroknesis isn't going put a bunch of stickers into someone's stomach. In this episode it's probably showcased how such murder can be carried out: Place seals at where the target's will appear, and use them to manipulate the target into specific locations, then execute under advantageous environment.

The strike back by Arimura and Takuru is perhaps an unexpected factor, or perhaps the way they strike back could be fully expected or even exactly the purpose of the of the attack. In any case, we will need to hear what Arimura have to say about whatever organization may have been in play with the situation.
Yeah I'm not ruling out Senri is probably involve with masterminds here, but unless she ordering these bizzare killings herself her ties are fairly loose to the current case, beyond her abilites and what learned about her being a research subject. We definotely gather that previous victums were killed psychic means, whether it be self inflicted or by some else.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 09:29   Link #67
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Yeah I'm not ruling out Senri is probably involve with masterminds here, but unless she ordering these bizzare killings herself her ties are fairly loose to the current case, beyond her abilites and what learned about her being a research subject. We definotely gather that previous victums were killed psychic means, whether it be self inflicted or by some else.
A problem I see is that we think that the victims are random. What if they weren't? There could be something that ties the victims together.
Old 2017-02-12, 16:19   Link #68
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
A problem I see is that we think that the victims are random. What if they weren't? There could be something that ties the victims together.
I thought that the Common Link between all the victims is that they're Psychics? Even the fact that the 11th Rosemann Test looks like a Sumo Sticker is further proof of that. If the modus is something like "spread sumo stickers and let them stay insane on their own", that would make sense.

The only thing that isn't clear here is the motivation. By all means, I have my personal doubts the organization that was performing human experimentation is still doing that. Why bother cleaning up Psychics?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 10:44   Link #69
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 13:51.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 18:56   Link #70
Justice_Rises

Ooh boy, this show is getting good.

the only thing is, the path that it is following is perhaps a prelude to a very tragic ending (Which would totally suck.)
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 02:37   Link #71
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Crunchyroll, don't do this to me. Kuzu no Honkai is 'delayed' already, and I can't suffer to have Chaos Child to be delayed as well. :Heh:

But yeah, Arimura/Kurusu exchange pretty much confirms it. Arimura knew Kurusu was lying about Senri's death. Thus Senri MUST be alive. Which begs the question, why is Kurusu so confident that Senri wouldn't hurt a fly even after 6 years of not being in touch with her? It must be because Kurusu is the real Senri!

Oh yeah, Kurusu knowing how to get Arimura's trust by working around her powers... she knows that she can't lie in front of Arimura, but she told her some part of the truth to get on her good side. Looks to me Kurusu knows how to work around psychic powers; half-truths do indeed make the deadliest lies. Heck, maybe the reason why she doesn't react to Arimura's di-sword is because it's something normal to her; after all, Uki didn't react to it as well, and we know she's a psychic.

Still a a lot of questions though. Who really is this Senri, and if she is a delusion, whose is it? Onoe is also up to something with that frog again. That shopkeeper having the sticker in the menu is fishy, but then again, Onoe was the one who touched it last.

Before I was thinking that Senri was Kurusu's unwitting delusion, but it's also possible Onoe is behind the entire mystery. Motive is unclear, unless it's something far-fetched like Onoe seeing Taku being too close to Nono, so she orchestrates everything from him moving out the dorm to making Taku fear 'Senri'. Makes sense if one thinks that the delusions made Senri and Taku share an enclosed space together during the hospital, and in here we have Taku 'attacking' Senri's first time.

One thing I didn't like is that they said that the vice-president was a good friend of Senri. Well, more like they didn't really mention that Kurusu is the vice-prez of the Newspaper Club, as I only remember that info from the character description from one of the written anime previews. At first I thought... 'wait a minute, did they just confirm that the left guy on the picture is the vice-president?' until I realized they used 'fuku-buchou' rather than 'fuku-kaichou'. XD

The other thing I don't understand is that Uki is supposed to look like the same as she did around 6 years ago, has never went to school (or outside for the matter), and has always been in the basement taking care of the 'patients'. And yet, she is wearing a school uniform, which to my knowledge is usually only enforced from middle school onwards. Even the class picture Yui had has all the kids wearing regular clothes. So why on earth is she wearing a school uniform?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 13:45   Link #72
AB079
Banned

Wait what the hell is going on now, Senri is alive and Nono "choose" to forget about that and create an entire different version of what happened inside her mind?

Oh boy this series is getting better and better, you can't tell what's going to happen next. Takuru is out of control right now, nothing of what he believes seems to be true.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 13:41   Link #73
AB079
Banned

WHAT. THE. HELL.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Goodbye Yui, a terrible way to die.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 20:21   Link #74
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Old 2017-02-22, 23:36   Link #75
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
WHAT. THE. HELL.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Goodbye Yui, a terrible way to die.

What a terrible way to die.

RIP Yui.
Old 2017-02-23, 03:16   Link #76
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Alright, now that I've calmed down a bit, I'm actually glad for all the Takuru/Nono that was pretty much half the episode. Still, not like this... most certainly not like this...

Dissecting the clues that we are given, assuming that mind-controlled!Itou are really the thoughts of the killer (rather than some random blurbs), and assuming that the killer was telling the truth that he was doing it all for Senri, then the person must have some past connection to Senri. If you go by this route, then the person who rose up to be the #1 suspect is the guy in the picture, because the ONLY people who should have the actual picture to leak to the internet would be him, Nono, Senri, and possibly the picture taker.

This being Chaos series, I can't still count out the possibility that 'delusion' Senri is alive wanting revenge, or Nono has an evil 'delusion' of herself running amok. Picture taker may be a suspect too, but it can't be Serika/Arimura because Nono showed her the picture (she wouldn't have otherwise if Serika/Arimura took the picture way back when). In any case, I think there's a real low possibility for this right now, so I'll stick with 'real' people for now.

Going by this, it must be the guy who leaked it. As I made a guess before, the current identity of the boy must be the student vice-prez guy (Masashi), as apart from Takuru, he's the only guy to actually be close to Nono. From the side-stories, we do know he's a bit obsessed about Nono, and I thought before it was because of romantic interest. Maybe the real reason is that he blames her the most for Senri's death, and killing pyrogirl (who isn't Senri but Nono cried about her death anyways) and Yui is not really to make the MC go into despair, but really directed at Kurusu. And that's not going into how Kurusu got stabbed in the first place...

Of course, this might all be a misdirection, since I'm not too sure we can take what Itou have said under mind control at face value. Seems awfully convenient that he starts spewing out clues, when we haven't heard a peep from the other murder victims. For all we know it's really Serika who's the real mastermind, although Papa Doctor would be real cruel if he is really the culprit. XD

But if there's one thing I'm now 100% confident about? The current Kurusu Nono is the real Minamisawa Senri. Nono being unwavering in her conviction on who Senri should and shouldn't have known can not be possible unless she's Senri herself.

Old 2017-02-23, 16:14   Link #77
Wandering Soul

RIP Yui. I feel bad not justify for her, but for Itou too. He's going to be broken when he finds out what he was forced to do.
Old 2017-02-24, 11:23   Link #78
IceHism

Wtf. That was so sad.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-24, 22:44   Link #79
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
RIP Yui. I feel bad not justify for her, but for Itou too. He's going to be broken when he finds out what he was forced to do.
He's alive after all that hemorrhaging and brain swelling?
Old 2017-02-26, 13:13   Link #80
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, that was rather... unsettling.

Tags
harem