AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-03, 05:12   Link #41
Random14

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Pretty good opening and ending songs, enough exposition to build the world and likable main character (as well as his main rival), and quite good animation. Seeing All Might in action is always fun, along with at least some humor too.

I think this is going to be 13 episodes? At least that's what Funimation's site says. I'd prefer if they just take breaks between seasons, rather than go for anime-original ending or too much filler. I'm liking the pace so far, its important to establish the main characters. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 06:05   Link #42
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Mt. Lady nuff said
Old 2016-04-03, 06:08   Link #43
LG-MAX 2.o

BEST ANIME EVER ( 2016 April )
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 06:53   Link #44
Cerilla

THE DAY HAS COME.

One interesting fact to note here is that this episode didn't cover the entire first chapter, and I love this fact. One main critism to the manga is the breakneck pacing, so giving it the breather it sorely needed is a good call.

Other than that, everything here is onpoint. Can't complain much about it. Definitely a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
I'm not sure if this is confirmed as 13-episodes for length yet but definitely looking forward to more.
As poster above said, Nichigo is fully booked from Summer 2016 onward for a while. If this is a split-cour they have to find another timeslot, which is honestly a weird call.

So yes, this season is most likely end in 13 episodes.
Old 2016-04-03, 07:13   Link #45
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh man, I was afraid this would happen. The first episode is such a slow start. Nothing really happened at all. I'll stick around for a few more episodes, but it wasn't a very good first episode, other than the animation anyway, that was pretty decent.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 10:45   Link #46
Wandering Soul

This is off to a great start. It has a good OP and ED, not to mention that the soundtrack is working out pretty well. I like the fact that they are taking their time with this.
Old 2016-04-03, 12:30   Link #47
Iron Maw
Banned

ep1

Heh, that was definitely JUMP shounen battle show with all the usual tropes in toe. It actually reminded me of early Naruto in particular in terms of setup in a lot ways (outcast MC, training academy, asshole rival etc).

The most standout thing to me though was definitely the production values. The battles scenes while fairly short showed off fantastic animation and the music never failed to be on point. Overall art direction is stylish, but character designs are a bit and miss imo.

Overall, while don't see this pulling in people who aren't fond of the genre to begin with, it was a pretty decent premiere even with slow start I'd say.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 12:41   Link #48
Utsuro no Hako

The first episode reminds me of HxH 2011 in terms of pacing. Clearly the producers are in no hurry to get anywhere with this and are going to eke as many episodes out of the story as they can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Heh, that was definitely JUMP shounen battle show with all the usual tropes in toe. It actually reminded me of early Naruto in particular in terms of setup in a lot ways (outcast MC, training academy, asshole rival etc).
Yeah, that's the weird thing about the manga -- for all the superhero trappings, the plot is about as standard issue JUMP as you can get.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 13:37   Link #49
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This felt like an opposite One Punch Man series where the MC is not the one with superpowers. I enjoyed it but the rival feels like one of the biggest jerks telling the MC to go commit suicide :/

I'll follow this series.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 14:01   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a good start that I enjoyed. Certainly Deku is that underdog story we've seen before, but one that should be enjoyable. I mean geeze....just that utter shattering of his dreams when he found out that he shouldn't expect to develop a quirk. His mother must have felt like she was stabbed through the heart seeing his expression later that day...

All Might does feel like an old-school Superman. No flying, but has such incredible physical powers that he can just leap and get wherever he wants to go .
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
This felt like an opposite One Punch Man series where the MC is not the one with superpowers. I enjoyed it but the rival feels like one of the biggest jerks telling the MC to go commit suicide :/

I'll follow this series.
The worst thing about saying that is the question of how many really have committed suicide over something like this. In a world where 80% of people have some kind of power, it must be pretty painful for the sizable 20% who don't.
Old 2016-04-03, 14:11   Link #51
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Guess who is the most famous character?

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 14:33   Link #52
wissenschaft

So she has the glories power for dat ass?

I guess this is naruto 2.0 eh? I suppose I should give it a short if I can fit it in with unicorn and macross delta watching.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 15:01   Link #53
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Yeah, I liked it a lot. Pretty good opening and ending songs, enough exposition to build the world and likable main character (as well as his main rival), and quite good animation. Seeing All Might in action is always fun, along with at least some humor too.
Exactly what i feel about this show. I have high expectations for the next episodes. Heard great things from the manga readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
I think this is going to be 13 episodes? At least that's what Funimation's site says. I'd prefer if they just take breaks between seasons, rather than go for anime-original ending or too much filler. I'm liking the pace so far, its important to establish the main characters. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerilla View Post
One interesting fact to note here is that this episode didn't cover the entire first chapter, and I love this fact. One main critism to the manga is the breakneck pacing, so giving it the breather it sorely needed is a good call.
It's nice to read this. Hate when the studios rush the story like crazy just to try to adapt everything in 13 episodes. The result is always crap as expected. Adapting one season and then wait for the manga to keep it's distance is the best call. Production values also tend to be better when that happens. So overall, this anime has everything to be a well made and entertaining battle-shonen, just like One Punch Man (although the main hero is the total opposite of Saitama..lol.. which is kinda funny to see ).
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 15:02   Link #54
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
All Might does feel like an old-school Superman. No flying, but has such incredible physical powers that he can just leap and get wherever he wants to go .
Though it seemed pretty clear to me that's just a "transformed" form. His normal one is probably much weaker. And he doesn't seem to be able to sustain the transformation for too long.

Also relevant:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 15:55   Link #55
Irenesharda

As an anime-only who has seen very little of this series, I wasn't expecting much out of it. It's been a while since I've been into a pure shounen and so this one gave me pause. I even tried reading the first chapter and didn't get very far. However, I have to say that I enjoyed this first episode quite a bit. It seems to be in that small group of shounen series that break away from the mold, and yet still have all of the pieces. The same group as HxH.

Deku being the misfit hero who is your MC who will never give up and always believes in his friends. Bakugo being that jerk, who will eventually be both rival and best friend to the the hero and who has some growing to do and rough edges, but will eventually be quite a good guy in his own right. And of course the teacher that will inspire and push the MC to be all he can be.

And despite all these tropes, there is something alive and fresh with this, and I'm glad that I gave it a try.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 17:48   Link #56
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So am I the only one who feels like nothing happened at all? All I saw was powerless MC being powerless. I'm not even seeing any foreshadowing of the character rising to greatness despite all odds. Usually shonen series get at least that part down in the first episode.

And no, the opening doesn't count.

Is there something I'm missing?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 18:07   Link #57
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Yeah, that's the weird thing about the manga -- for all the superhero trappings, the plot is about as standard issue JUMP as you can get.
I don't mind too much because I have fondness for the early Naruto and similar shounen. Plus after marching deconstruction of the genre that was OPM, I'm in mood again for something less ambitious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That actually reminded of one time when Saitama leap up from a building like a bullet to punch a meteor. I remember thinking to myself at that point that he could do that then why does he even walk to his rescues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm not even seeing any foreshadowing of the character rising to greatness despite all odds. Usually shonen series get at least that part down in the first episode.
Really? If anything I that the episode was actually hinting a way for Deku to become a superhero with Al Might near the end there. All Might might not have even been was very difference from Deku at one point too.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-04-03 at 18:23.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 18:07   Link #58
Dop
Mmmm....

Have to admit, everything I've read or seen about this show so far makes it look like the kind of show which is pretty popular but which I bounce off, hard.
From what I have heard about it I'm prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt and at least four episodes to decide, but this first episode didn't grab me at all.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 18:10   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ep1

It wasn't particularly bad. The protagonist's face creeps the hell out of me though, like some insane guy... Which is a big problem, since he's the... protagonist, but I just hope he stops making too many facial distortions. It's quite disturbing.
Other than that, it wasn't bad, though the story hasn't really started either, so not much to judge.

Oh, and now that I think about it, the beginning part of bullies throwing stuff away reminds me of Yugioh. Though whether this protagonist has another Me...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 18:55   Link #60
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So am I the only one who feels like nothing happened at all? All I saw was powerless MC being powerless. I'm not even seeing any foreshadowing of the character rising to greatness despite all odds. Usually shonen series get at least that part down in the first episode.

And no, the opening doesn't count.

Is there something I'm missing?
I think it's just going slow. Being the protagonist quirkless, we can't expect to see something amazing from him right away - from the preview I suspect he'll at least show his heroic spirit next week. I think right now his superpower is supposed to be that he's a freakin' determinator - he definitely looks like he has guts and won't let go of his dream easily. In a way reminds me more of some sports anime heroes, where it's more common that the first victories don't come until later.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shonen, super hero, super powers