Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-10-21, 21:21   Link #21
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Harvey Weinstein: US and UK police launch investigations

For those living a rock, The New Yorker magazine found evidence that film producer Harvey Weinstein, for years have used to his position to force or sexual harras numerous women including famous actresses like Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and Cara Delevingne. Since the article publishing, more and more actresses and actors have come out with similar stories of Weinstein and other high ranking film people have also sexual harass or molested them.

"Yet Weinstein is just the latest in a long line of men whose left-wing politics coexisted
harmoniously with retrograde attitudes about women. In his statement, Weinstein said
that he “came of age in the 60’s and 70’s, when all the rules about behavior and
workplaces were different.” Many people scoffed at this explanation, as this was
precisely the time when women’s liberation brought workplace sexism to the societal
forefront. But Weinstein was right in a way he didn’t comprehend. Ever since second-
wave feminism became part of the political left, there have been men who, ostensibly
enlightened in the realm of gender relations, are in fact deeply misogynist and believe
that their progressive street cred somehow obviates their attitudes about women,"

See:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-li...n-like-garbage
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-30, 07:33   Link #22
AHT

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/a...-when-i-was-14
Quote:
In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Rapp is publicly alleging for the first time that in 1986, Spacey befriended Rapp while they both performed on Broadway shows, invited Rapp over to his apartment for a party, and, at the end of the night, picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance. According to public records, Spacey was 26. Rapp was 14.
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-30, 23:26   Link #23
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I wonder how many "jokes" Seth MacFarlane made that were actually true like his Weinstein joke during the 2013 Oscars?

In a related note, Spacey responded with the allegation that he doesn't remember that incident with Rapp and if it did happened, he was very drunk and offers Rapp an apology. Unfortunately, he offers that apology at the same time coming out as Gay which the LGBT community has criticized since he using his sexuality to excuse what he may have did with Rapp.
Old 2017-10-31, 03:05   Link #24
ChuckE
Provoker

What an interesting way for unknowns to gain the publicity or revenge on somebody
Old 2017-11-04, 02:29   Link #25
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Netflix Severs Ties With Kevin Spacey, Drops 'Gore' Movie

So yeah, after learning Spacey has been sexual harrasing not only Rapp but others as well, Netflix decided to drop him with all of the bad publicity he has bring.

Leah Remini reportedly interviewed Danny Masterson's alleged rape victims: Why the footage may never air
So the LA District Attorney has asked Leah to hold off airing the interviews until they decide to charge Masterson. With what's been happening in Hollywood, no amount of connections or money Masterson will protect him or his reputation.
Old 2017-11-04, 14:12   Link #26
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So when is Family Guy and American Dad gonna be realized as pretty smart comedy shows?
Old 2017-11-05, 02:35   Link #27
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Netflix Takes No Action Against Danny Masterson Despite Multiple Rape Accusations

Funny how one of their biggest star gets the boot immediately yet their smaller star whose connected with a cult doesn't.
Old 2017-11-05, 17:22   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm afraid this will spark some lies and made up accusations... I really hope this doesnt happen.
Old 2017-11-10, 06:54   Link #29
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Portia de Rossi accuses Steven Seagal of sexual harassment

^Not surprised with this.

Louis CK: Five women accuse US comic of sexual misconduct

Quote:
Ms Goodman and Ms Wolov said Louis CK stripped naked and masturbated after inviting them to his hotel room during the US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado, in 2002.
What were you thinking Louis?! There's a time and place for "Alone time", but never in front of another person.
Old 2017-11-11, 04:24   Link #30
AnimeFan188

George Takei Accused of Sexually Assaulting Former Model in 1981:

"Accuser Scott R. Brunton says he was groped by the 'Star Trek' icon at the actor's Los Angeles condo."

See:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...l-1981-1056698
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 07:37   Link #31
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
George Takei Accused of Sexually Assaulting Former Model in 1981
Oh My.....

And that just made the decision to turn Hikaru Sulu into a gay character in Star Trek Beyond to honor Takei even more awkward. Well, it was already awkward when Takei himself disagree with the changes to the character, but this case took it one step further.
Old 2017-11-11, 13:08   Link #32
AntonKutovoi

What I wonder is why everytime such accusations appear, people immediately assume that they are true. Why? Some random guy appears and claims that over a 9000 years ago a famous person made sexual advances on him. Seems fishy as hell to me, yet whenever news like this appear, people are almost always take the side of supposed victim. What happened to presumption of innocence?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 20:24   Link #33
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

George Takei “Shocked & Bewildered” At Sexual Assault Claims Made Against Him
Old 2017-11-12, 05:14   Link #34
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
What I wonder is why everytime such accusations appear, people immediately assume that they are true. Why? Some random guy appears and claims that over a 9000 years ago a famous person made sexual advances on him. Seems fishy as hell to me, yet whenever news like this appear, people are almost always take the side of supposed victim. What happened to presumption of innocence?
Thank god, I’m so glad to find somebody else who gets this. I keep seeing accusation this and accusation that here, and everybody believes it without any proof or evidence.
There are people who falsely accuse others of rape/sexual assault/sexual harassment. Lots of people. It’s terrifying to see how everybody buys into it without actually seeing if it’s true. If the person in question actually did it then I’ll be first to ruin the guy’s life, but I want to know it’s true first. Yet the world seems happy with “rapist until proven innocent......never.”

The difference between the boy who cried wolf and the boy/girl who cried rape? Everybody believes the rape. Every time.

What’s even fishier though? The fact that this is all happening out of the blue so close together. It’s like these accusers saw all the hysteria about actors being accused of rape and everybody believing them, and decided “hey, let’s do that too!”
Are these accusations true? Prove it first.
Old 2017-11-12, 06:34   Link #35
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Thank god, I’m so glad to find somebody else who gets this. I keep seeing accusation this and accusation that here, and everybody believes it without any proof or evidence.
There are people who falsely accuse others of rape/sexual assault/sexual harassment. Lots of people. It’s terrifying to see how everybody buys into it without actually seeing if it’s true. If the person in question actually did it then I’ll be first to ruin the guy’s life, but I want to know it’s true first. Yet the world seems happy with “rapist until proven innocent......never.”

The difference between the boy who cried wolf and the boy/girl who cried rape? Everybody believes the rape. Every time.
Statistics do not support that. Do you have any idea how many rapes go unreported? How many are reported yet never go to trial? How much victim blaming, in various forms, go on when there is an accusation and it does go to trial?

I'm not saying people haven't been victimized by false accusations. I'm saying that, in general, in the majority of cases, victims don't become accusers, and when they do, justice favors the accused over the accuser. For that matter, even the court of public opinion does, except in noisy exceptions like we're seeing now.

Quote:
What’s even fishier though? The fact that this is all happening out of the blue so close together.
And you don't understand why? Really?

Quote:
It’s like these accusers saw all the hysteria about actors being accused of rape and everybody believing them, and decided “hey, let’s do that too!”
Well, false denunciations are also a crime. Where, then, is your proof that they're liars?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 07:07   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

It really doesn't help defending the accused when the said accused ones like Harvey Weinstein, Brett Ratner, Kevin Spacey, etc openly apologized to the accusers and public. At the same time, a number of them said that they have sex addiction or mental problem and needed professional help. Even Kevin Spacey admits that he's gay after the accusation where it's said that he forced himself on a teenage boy. All those apologies are more than halfway of a total confession that they really did (most?) those deeds. If those accused people are really clean from all the sexual offenses and are confident that they are innocent, why apologizing to the accusers and public? It could be that they still have conscience and they know and admit deep down that they actually did it.

Quote:
What’s even fishier though? The fact that this is all happening out of the blue so close together. It’s like these accusers saw all the hysteria about actors being accused of rape and everybody believing them, and decided “hey, let’s do that too!”
What you said is actually half true. After a group of women-victims proven that one of the most powerful Hollywood moguls (Harvey Weinstein) can be stripped off his power and fired from his job by actually speak up about all the harassment that he did, other victims are inspired and encouraged to speak up since now they feel rather safer knowing that most of the public and industry will be on their side. The timing to come out and open all the cards couldn't be better than now after the Weinstein scandal. If the victims wait until the wave died down, they'll gonna miss their golden chance to let their pain outta their chests and not be instantly accused of being gold diggers, whores, or worse.

Quote:
That's what legal investigation is for. Also, I don't think those who aren't actual victims will be happily jump in to accuse celebrities of their choice. Why? Because if they're proven of false accusation, the legal and social consequences is so not worth it. Only a select few with well-thought-out plan/agenda will have the balls to execute a false accusation like that. That, or they're just downright stupid.
Old 2017-11-12, 08:24   Link #37
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
First off, I’m going to make it clear that I’m not going to be replying to either of these two on this matter again. It’s obvious they either didn’t read my post properly or didn’t care to and just swung at me for what could even remotely be considered as defending anybody. I’m just replying to them this one time to show how they’re either warping my point, ignoring my point, or just missing my point altogether. So I won’t let myself get drawn into a lengthy thread debate past this when the guys on the other side are just wildly accusing me of things I didn’t say or intent, or talking about people I never talked about.

As I expected here come the people putting words in my mouth and accusing me of blindly defending the accused while distorting my point into something warped far from what I said. It just goes to prove my actual point. (Not the point Anh Minh and Obelisk are trying to warp my post into)

Let me spell this out so you guys can’t warp it anymore: my point is that in big public accusations like this, public opinion automatically assumes the accused is guilty. If he is proven guilty, then good. But you cannot deny that as soon as an accusation goes viral like the one against Takei, 70% of the public immediately decides he’s guilty. Any comment section will prove it.
And before you guys try to attack me for that too, no, no that number is not a researched number, it’s there merely to illustrate my point.
So no, there is no blindly calling anybody a liar, or being a rape defender or anything. Only a point-out that innocent until proven guilty is thrown out the window for rape accusations. And yes, even ones that don’t involve big name people. And I don’t care what the actual number of such cases is; even one case of an innocent person getting their life ruined by people buying into false accusations is too much.

And yes, I’m aware there’s hostility in my post. It’s just the one time since I won’t be responding to any replies they post. Sometimes I get this way when I make a post about something so serious and people try to argue with me by distorting my point and putting words in my mouth.

Spoiler for Saving space:

Last edited by Shinji103; 2017-11-12 at 08:35.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 09:43   Link #38
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Who was referring to Kevin Spacey or those other people? (Though George Takei I am referring to specifically) Putting convenient words in my mouth.
And conveniently ignoring my “if the person in question actually did it I’ll be first in line to ruin their lives” line, too.
That debunks this whole paragraph. Moving on....
Haha, dude, you need to "colm daon" (like Schwarzenegger said ). I'm not accusing you of defending the accused. What I tried to say is that, in the cases of Hollywood sexual accusations since Weinstein, many of the accused are actually apologizing to the accusers and the public. That doesn't help to shine a good light on the accused. Those apologies certainly cannot be used to defend them in their cases as their regret & guilt will only fuel the notion that they are guilty.

Quote:
And do you know what else the timing couldnÂ’t be better for? Actual gold diggers, fame-seekers, and other such people to take advantage of the hysteria. So letÂ’s have a trial and find out if the accused is actually guilty or not before we decide heÂ’s a rapist?
And like I said in my previous post, not many will have the balls to make false accusations against celebrated celebrities and Hollywood hot-shots. Why? Because once they're proven as fakers, the legal and social consequences will be so bad that it will make the effort not worth it for the false fame-seekers. And in this internet era, it's easier to investigate against conmen & conwomen. The fakers who do it anyway are either really good in covering their tracks or simply too stupid to understand the risk when they got caught. Heck, even a number of actual/real victims are still afraid to come out even after Weinstein's case for various reasons.

Quote:
And so you canÂ’t put words in my mouth again, no IÂ’m not talking about Weinstein. Takei is already being called a scumbag who deserves what he gets. Many people have no interest in any kind of evidence, only BruntonÂ’s word.
Who's putting words in your mouth? People badmouthing celebrities is something normal for a celebrity life. Every celebrity has his/her haters. It's not exclusive to sexual accusations. What really matter now is this: If Takei is really innocent then he must show his confidence by strictly denying the accusations. Don't do what the likes of Weinstein and Spacey did (they apologized which made them look guilty as charged). At least that gesture will help sustain the trust of Takei's original fans, business partners and people at large (for now). Because social & business punishments can be harder for a celebrity than legal punishments.

Quote:
Yes that is what itÂ’s for. Too bad IÂ’m seeing a lot of people not wait for it before they decide a person is guilty when it comes to rape and sexual misconduct.
If bank robbers are caught, the legal consequences are are even less worth it. They still do it. And gold diggers and false rape accusers still exist despite the consequences if they fail. Which is why we find out what is what first. And you canÂ’t deny the possibility that a false accuser may not have thought it out quite well enough, or yes, is just stupid and thought he/she could get away with it.
So we should assume that accusers of celebrities are telling the truth just because weÂ’re already assuming that they arenÂ’t big schemers or that they arenÂ’t just stupid? I will assume that isnÂ’t what you mean, which nullifies much of this paragraph.
Of course, none of this is terribly relevant to my point of how people just automatically assume a guy accused of rape is guilty.
I'm just saying that the possibility of them being fakers are less than them being actual victims. That's it. I'm not denying the existence of fakers. I'm strictly talking about possibilities. The police and other relevant agencies can do the rest of the investigations .
Old 2017-11-12, 10:15   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
First off, I’m going to make it clear that I’m not going to be replying to either of these two on this matter again. It’s obvious they either didn’t read my post properly or didn’t care to and just swung at me for what could even remotely be considered as defending anybody. I’m just replying to them this one time to show how they’re either warping my point, ignoring my point, or just missing my point altogether. So I won’t let myself get drawn into a lengthy thread debate past this when the guys on the other side are just wildly accusing me of things I didn’t say or intent, or talking about people I never talked about.

As I expected here come the people putting words in my mouth and accusing me of blindly defending the accused while distorting my point into something warped far from what I said. It just goes to prove my actual point. (Not the point Anh Minh and Obelisk are trying to warp my post into)
Wow, you sure like presenting yourself as a victim. This isn't a good context for it, considering.

Quote:
Let me spell this out so you guys can’t warp it anymore: my point is that in big public accusations like this, public opinion automatically assumes the accused is guilty. If he is proven guilty, then good. But you cannot deny that as soon as an accusation goes viral like the one against Takei, 70% of the public immediately decides he’s guilty. Any comment section will prove it.
And before you guys try to attack me for that too, no, no that number is not a researched number, it’s there merely to illustrate my point.
So no, there is no blindly calling anybody a liar, or being a rape defender or anything. Only a point-out that innocent until proven guilty is thrown out the window for rape accusations. And yes, even ones that don’t involve big name people. And I don’t care what the actual number of such cases is; even one case of an innocent person getting their life ruined by people buying into false accusations is too much.
In that sense, rape is nothing special. Try to accuse a politician of corruption, you'll be just as easily believed. Being accused of rape actually gets your a better chance to counter accuse the other of being a slutty gold digger.

Quote:
And yes, I’m aware there’s hostility in my post. It’s just the one time since I won’t be responding to any replies they post. Sometimes I get this way when I make a post about something so serious and people try to argue with me by distorting my point and putting words in my mouth.
If you're that serious, and feel misunderstood, maybe make an effort to explain yourself instead of accusing others of purposely putting words in your mouth?
Quote:
As a matter of fact, I do. And none of that was my point.

Again not the point. The point is these noisy exceptions.
I’ve seen comment sections flooded with people that have already decided that Takei is guilty. “Yeah I’m sure he’s innocent, just like all the other scumbags who claimed to be shocked and appalled. I’ll believe it when he’s proven innocent (he won’t be)” said one commenter. It’s disgusting.

When and where did I say anything about not understanding it? More warping my words to fuel your attack on my post.
Well, if you did understand why, you wouldn't find it "fishy", would you? You would see that it is a good time for both real victims and, yes, fake, to come forward.

Quote:
My point was that it seemed very suspicious. But as I already said, if the accusations are proven

And here too. I only made that statement to show how the timing is suspect. As I already said, if they’re telling the truth, I’m behind them 100%. But I’m not going to just assume they’re telling the truth without some kind of real evidence, especially not when people actually do lie about it.
So what you're saying is, by calling it "suspicious", is that you'd really like to call those people liars, but don't quite dare.

And one point you seem to miss is that in these cases, in your eagerness to cast doubt on the characters of the accusers (and don't fool yourself - that is exactly what you are doing, whether you want or are even aware of it) is that for the most part, even if you "win", you lose. And that you're not terribly likely to win unless the accused breaks and confesses, material evidence being so often nonexistent. As far as cons go, this isn't a very good one.

And again, I'm not saying it doesn't happen. People take foolish chances all the time.

What I am saying, however, is that I would appreciate a lot more delicacy before raising the possibility that the putative victims are, in fact, liars. I personally don't want to be part of some kind of internet lynch mob against someone who may well be innocent, but I don't want to add insult to injury to a rape victim either.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2017-11-15 at 15:34.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 13:34   Link #40
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Smallville's Allison Mack Has Allegedly Been Recruiting Women For A Cult

Somebody Save Me! Smallville Actress Allison Mack Is Accused Of Being A Leader Of A Sex Cult

Well..... this will make rewatching Smallville strange at best!