Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 16:09   Link #1301
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
To be frank. Among all the novels I read which is a bunch. DxD is indeed has the MOST BEAUTIFUL art in drawing the girls.
Here's my opinions:
Most attractive girls: Blade Dance by Sakura Hanpen.
Most "tempting" girls: DxD by Miyama-Zero
Most beautiful/harmonious girls: Bungaku Shoujo by Miho Takeoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The art design of Godou appear to have changed. Godou's illustrations appear the same until the later volumes. Compare the two pictures and there is a considerable difference.
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for images:
Old 2012-06-01, 16:13   Link #1302
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Here's my opinions:

Spoiler for images:
Bit OOT, the thing which surprised me most was that he still had his scarf on after all that...
But yes, the pic quality always improves as time goes on giving the illustrator more imagination to bring out smaller details
Old 2012-06-01, 16:15   Link #1303
Athena
The Power of One

My guess is that it's not just experience, but also the "mainstream". I mean that the perception of the "perfect proportions" for characters changed throughout the time.
Old 2012-06-01, 16:26   Link #1304
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Here's my opinions:
The most attractive:
Sekirei... sorry but im pretty sure they have bigger busts then DxD

Most tempting:
Sora No Otoshimono... Admit it.. Ikaros can floor stomp the world, Nymph can hack physics, Astrea can be tricked into doing anything... Chaos is about the most over powered loli angel you'll ever see in any series...
You got your uber collection of super passive / overpowered females to dominate over, and they wouldn't even complain.

Most Harmonious:
Campione for sure... Erica takes a LOT OF TALLENT.
And she has Godou's harem in check up til Ena.
Cant so much about the other series as they are all trying to 1 step ahead of each other.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 17:06   Link #1305
Clue
nMe

In my opinion the character art for the girls in Dxd is
superior to every other ln or manga character. Blade
dance and Campione are drawn too cartoonishly, and
the art is superior to any manga i have ever read because
instead of spending a couple hours a week tops on an image
miyama has a lot more time to perfect his drawings.
Old 2012-06-01, 17:48   Link #1306
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clue View Post
In my opinion the character art for the girls in Dxd is
superior to every other ln or manga character. Blade
dance and Campione are drawn too cartoonishly, and
the art is superior to any manga i have ever read because
instead of spending a couple hours a week tops on an image
miyama has a lot more time to perfect his drawings.
Well, it usually took much more time to illustrate color image with complex texture that Miyama Zero do in his color illustrations. It's not harder for monochrome images though. I think Miyama Zero's art style is far superior than most LN's illustrations I've seen so far. Sadly, the manga version of HS DxD has the art style that makes me drop. And when the averaged artwork like in Campione! got downgraded even more in manga version, I seriously doubt why they don't just hire artists with much better art style to do the adaptation. The art in manga version of Campione! and SAO are just abysmal. There are hundred of manga series that never got scanlated that have far better art than in those piece of garbage.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 18:00   Link #1307
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Have to agree with Clue, the drawings that Miyama Zero makes trumps every other artist I have seen. High School DXD girls are masterpieces of art. Though the discussion we are having are not about the Light Novel I believe. Kadi is going to kill us if we keep off topic. Lets stop here alright, here are some pictures that Miyama Zero have drawn to convince Clue and my point.

Spoiler for Pictures:

Beware of the last one, those who may have too much High Blood Pressure may actually get a nosebleed like those in the manga.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 18:27   Link #1308
whsie

For those who are curious, the Dxd drawer also did Oba nabuna no yabao (anime coming out this summer).
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 18:30   Link #1309
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Yeah it is a light Novel, wish I can read it somewhere. Baka-Tsuki has some of the popular ones, but not this one. Campione anime adaptation is coming out very soon I believe. Can't wait to see Erica being Erica animated.
Old 2012-06-01, 19:02   Link #1310
Clue
nMe

Hopefully the anime of Campione will have an improved art style. The characters have extremely angular faces in the ln, i hope that the quality of the pictures doesn't remain the same nor drop. Yes Sao and Dxd as a mangas(in terms of art) are incomparable to their respective Lns, but i still prefer the manga art of Dxd over the more angular one of the anime...
Curves>Angles and Sharp Edges.
Old 2012-06-01, 19:24   Link #1311
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Curves makes a anime character at least looking like a bit human. Sharp Edges and Angles just reminds me of Pokemon and Mario. I just hope they follow the Light Novel formula, I don't want it to be like High School DXD where they skip some parts and included parts that are unneeded. If they changed Erica's personality in anyway, she isn't Erica anymore.
Old 2012-06-01, 19:30   Link #1312
Clue
nMe

Quote:
Curves makes a anime character at least looking like a bit human. Sharp Edges and Angles just reminds me of Pokemon and Mario. I just hope they follow the Light Novel formula, I don't want it to be like High School DXD where they skip some parts and included parts that are unneeded. If they changed Erica's personality in anyway, she isn't Erica anymore.
Agreed. Erica is a 1 in 100 harem member.
She accepts Godou and the harem and controls it(most of it)
Old 2012-06-01, 19:35   Link #1313
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Erica by far is one my favorite female characters. She is manipulative, beautiful, assertive, and she is a damn good kisser. Still can't believe how she kissed Godou at the end of vol 2. The only one I put ahead of her is Hitagi Senjōgahara. No one compared to her, some have come close, but no she is by far the most entertaining female character.
Old 2012-06-01, 19:40   Link #1314
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Here's my opinions:

Spoiler for images:
Haimura still was good enough at that time, he just made them look more "moe" check Ridvia's full collor illustration from vol. 9-10 (sad thing Haimura wasn't able to pull one on the same artistic level until now), and still was far better than Campione's illustrator who lacks perspective and a more accurate anatomy.

Quote:
Erica by far is one my favorite female characters. She is manipulative, beautiful, assertive, and she is a damn good kisser. Still can't believe how she kissed Godou at the end of vol 2. The only one I put ahead of her is Hitagi Senjōgahara. No one compared to her, some have come close, but no she is by far the most entertaining female character.
Just like Kaiki, I find Hitagi to be very dull to the point of not considering her a character worth to remember much .

On the other hand, I agree with that you said about Erica, but if there is one thing I don't like about her is how she abuses Godou's good will and cluelessness.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 19:55   Link #1315
Clue
nMe

Quote:
I liked Senjogahara but i wouldn't say she is that great. In the monogatari series she is my third favorite after Tsubasa and Shinobu whom i find to be much more mature,interesting, and suitable to my personality.
Erica and Rias are superior as characters in my opinion.
who would you rather date...
i would take Erica and Rias any day over most other harem leads(not harem members)
from what i have read so far my favorite campione harem member list would have to be
1)Ena
2)Erica,Liliana, and Yuri
Whenever i try picking one over the others i think of their respective qualities then i become extremely indecisive...
3)Luo hao
4)Athena
others...
Old 2012-06-01, 20:06   Link #1316
Kadi
知識の探求者

I seem to be building quite a reputation... Oh well.

Most attractive girl: Sakuya
Most "tempting" girl: Sakuya
Most beautiful/harmonious girl: Sakuya

Limiting the selection to Campione, I like Ena the best, at least among the main harem. Lily is last, poor girl loses in everything... except housework! Which is a loss of a completely new magnitude... Anyway. I think I prefer Yuri over Erica. She feels more human... so it's Ena > Yuri > Erica > Lily.

And of all the girls, Athena > all.
Spoiler for V9 end:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 20:07   Link #1317
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Why Ena Clue, I find her very good as well. She is sometimes clueless of how civilization works because she trained in the Mountains for a while. You know I was hoping for some good adventure after I graduate from College, maybe I will take a survivalist class for 3 months. Ena is the strongest in the harem and the only one Erica can't control social manipulation won't work. vol 5 is actually is the one I want to read out of all the volumes. The next is vol 6 and 7.
Old 2012-06-01, 20:20   Link #1318
Clue
nMe

I like Ena because of the unpredictability factor. Since she is free from Ericas control she can do whatever she desires which creates larger developmental potential between Ena x Godou.
Old 2012-06-01, 20:24   Link #1319
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Just can't wait for vol 5 to finish, reading her will be so entertaining. Though I know Kadi doesn't like to give spoilers, I wish he can give some concerning the funny moments or jaw dropping moments that Ena has later on.
Old 2012-06-01, 20:27   Link #1320
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
I seem to be building quite a reputation... Oh well.

Most attractive girl: Sakuya
Most "tempting" girl: Sakuya
Most beautiful/harmonious girl: Sakuya

Limiting the selection to Campione, I like Ena the best, at least among the main harem. Lily is last, poor girl loses in everything... except housework! Which is a loss of a completely new magnitude... Anyway. I think I prefer Yuri over Erica. She feels more human... so it's Ena > Yuri > Erica > Lily.

And of all the girls, Athena > all.
Spoiler for V9 end:
@spoiler WHAT!!!?!????

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem