AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 12:12   Link #301
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

When I'm sick I take a few days off, if I have a virus I take a whole week maybe. 3 weeks tho? he must have a disease or something. get well faster.... NOW!
Old 2012-08-03, 12:41   Link #302
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well at least the last chapter ended on a good note...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 19:11   Link #303
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
When you say "troll" Kenpachi, what do you mean? If Kenpachi gets beat, is that considered trolling? I have a feeling people just insert the word "troll" into everything these days.
It means that Kubo will make Ken-chan lose by entirely disregarding any rule or statement he has posed before.
And that's not proper character development, that's trolling.
Kubo style.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 12:05   Link #304
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So I guess the Byakuya fans got to Kubo to avenge their fallen hero?

Anyway, this series has lost its charm since Aizen was defeated.

And Kenpachi is soo, so, SO dead.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:19   Link #305
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It lost it's charm since the SS arc started. Gained a little bit of it back along the way with Aizen, Kenpachi and a few others, only to lose it again later.

The whole point of having paranormal things happening is that you keep them "paranormal". Kubo practically turned them into scientific fact in his universe. It's like having a monster in a horror story suddenly befriend the hero, and then still expect everything to be all scary and shit.

Kenpachi is still interesting for this very reason, nobody knows WTF makes him special. Though he was a lot more awesome when Ichigo didn't just go and stomp him. Which I might add was later completely forgotten in the Kubo's power level flow chart.

(let's face it we're all still tuning in from time to time to see what lows bleach will go to next)
Old 2012-08-04, 19:08   Link #306
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It lost it's charm since the SS arc started. Gained a little bit of it back along the way with Aizen, Kenpachi and a few others, only to lose it again later.

The whole point of having paranormal things happening is that you keep them "paranormal". Kubo practically turned them into scientific fact in his universe. It's like having a monster in a horror story suddenly befriend the hero, and then still expect everything to be all scary and shit.

Kenpachi is still interesting for this very reason, nobody knows WTF makes him special. Though he was a lot more awesome when Ichigo didn't just go and stomp him. Which I might add was later completely forgotten in the Kubo's power level flow chart.

(let's face it we're all still tuning in from time to time to see what lows bleach will go to next)
I liked it more in the SS and even the HM arc, because EVERYONE got to do a little something and not just wind up fodder. Nowadays, Kubo only lets a few characters shine though I will commend him on killing one of the most popular characters in the series.

Though seeing people who should know better like Byakuya and even Urahara catching the stupids makes me annoyed at Kubo.

I like Kenpachi and all, but I doubt he'll make it past the Fuhrer. Mein Fuhrer, if he's the Final Boss, is Ichigo's or Yama's to handle.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 00:29   Link #307
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea, i miss the days when a troll was just some scary creature living under bridges who demanded tolls to pass and ate people if they didn't oblige.

my understanding of current trolling is when you fake someone (i.e. us readers) out. like if byakuya was still alive and unharmed somehow for no logical reason and then smiled at as nodt and 1 hit killed him. us readers and as nodt would have been trolled.

also, it seems like an even newer definition of trolling is when you have characters appear for just a short while just to remind readers that they exist even though the author is not giving them anything in particular to do. i.e. if kenpachi gets 1 hit killed by buckbeard next chapter, then kenpachi would indeed be trolled. kubo does often troll characters in this way since he has so so so many of them, it's hard to make a meaningful story with them all appearing and being actually relevant (a good writer like oda can do it, but not kubo). a good example would be the hinamori troll when rangiku was fighting allon. she appeared out of nowhere, did 1 or 2 things and then got beat moments later. a similar crappy thing could befall kenpachi next chapter, but i certainly hope and think not.

i don't really like these newer definitions for trolling and would prefer to see trolls kept under bridges, but i think kache is correct in saying it that way
I miss those days too! My favorite kind of trolls are the ones in JRR Tolkien's novel The Hobbit, which was a pretty cool story of Bilbo Baggins's life and how he came to get Sauron's ring of power. (The ring of power was a pretty important part of JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy) I liked the trolls in The Hobbit because they were silly and I thought it was funny how Gandalf the Grey tricked them. I'm not sure if they ever hung out under any bridges though so maybe you wouldn't like them, I think they had a sweet cave though if that helps.

Even though I think Tolkien's trolls are superior, this 'new definition' seems kind of fun too, sometimes its nice when an author brings back a fan-favorite even if its just for a little while.
Old 2012-08-05, 04:53   Link #308
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I miss those days too! My favorite kind of trolls are the ones in JRR Tolkien's novel The Hobbit, which was a pretty cool story of Bilbo Baggins's life and how he came to get Sauron's ring of power. (The ring of power was a pretty important part of JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy) I liked the trolls in The Hobbit because they were silly and I thought it was funny how Gandalf the Grey tricked them. I'm not sure if they ever hung out under any bridges though so maybe you wouldn't like them, I think they had a sweet cave though if that helps.

Even though I think Tolkien's trolls are superior, this 'new definition' seems kind of fun too, sometimes its nice when an author brings back a fan-favorite even if its just for a little while.
If the author brings it back to rape him ignoring any rule previously set I'd prefer if he didn't bother, and left that character glorious in our memories.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 13:06   Link #309
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post

Gin! ur back! *hugs* and your talking about LOTR :3 Me likes!

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 13:33   Link #310
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Though seeing people who should know better like Byakuya and even Urahara catching the stupids makes me annoyed at Kubo.

I like Kenpachi and all, but I doubt he'll make it past the Fuhrer. Mein Fuhrer, if he's the Final Boss, is Ichigo's or Yama's to handle.
I agree on them catching the stupids but given the route he went with Ichigo, ie. the whole (unintentional) double personality he has, I wouldn't put it past Kubo to just mass revive everyone later that or make some lame "this was all part of X's plan" "we were aware of everything since blah blah blah". It's not like it hasn't happened before. By now it's practically trademarked by Bleach.
Old 2012-08-07, 00:29   Link #311
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
It would make sense that if Kenpachi had a shikai, it would be a sword that got more powerful depending on the reiatsu of the opponent he's fighting. It would suit his style very well, and it would explain why he quickly lose interest if he's going up against "small fry" as we saw during the Fullbringer arc.

Even if he doesn't know his swords name, it doesn't mean it may have some sort of unknown power that it's constantly using, kinda like Ichigo releasing a getsuga tensho on "instinct" when he was training with Urahara.
ahhhh be thats the key right there. Qunicys dont have sp. so ken's power may be useless against someone who is already equal to his base power.
Old 2012-08-08, 12:01   Link #312
SidVicious
Anime addict

No new chapter?
Old 2012-08-08, 12:35   Link #313
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
No new chapter?
No SJ this week. That means Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and I believe Fairy Tale.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:08   Link #314
sayde

Spoiler for chapter 503:
More to follow soon I guess.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:05   Link #315
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I see Ohana's spoilers are as detailed and easy to understand as ever.
Old 2012-08-11, 22:04   Link #316
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Are manga chapters written/drawn in advance or done 1chapter/week kinda thing?
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 03:07   Link #317
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Cpatain Commander Yamamoto and Zaraki Kenpachi enters the battlefield lol the 2 monsters of soul society!!! i hope they wont die that fast like the others
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 03:17   Link #318
kiak666

Chapter's out.

Spoiler for 503:

Last edited by kiak666; 2012-08-12 at 07:13. Reason: Correcting Chapter No. To "503"
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:31   Link #319
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I suppose some people would be disappointed in the fact that Ken's fights were given to us informed but it works out slightly better this way. One the biggest problems with the previous war arc was the pointless focus of so many fights one after another. Let's just get to the relevant stuff.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:58   Link #320
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Chapter's out.

Spoiler for 703:
Ya, I expect Yama-ji to vaporize this guy in a panal.

Or in Kubo terms, 7 panals.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter