AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-12-21, 22:18   Link #621
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Thanks goes to GyroidFanatic for his reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingro
1. Nodoka gets stedily more brave and grows closer to negi, and Asuna turns out to be a family member. Eventually he actually OPENS HIS EYES and realizes that all that red in her face and gasping and panting is a tad more then her walking accounts for.... he "Takes responsability" and they settle down before Negi realizes it might be dangerous being married to a woman with TELEPATHIC MEANS (good luck Negi!)
strong points: Mr. A doesn't want to be typical, She's head over heels in love with him, similar hights =P
weak points: Asuna
This would be great if Akamatsu-san wants to deviate from the usual agressive-female-lead-ends-up-with-shy-male-lead type of harem anime, but poor Asuna though...T-T
Quote:
oh... and the fact that Nadoka ROCKS!!! XD
I second that!

Quote:
2. Asuna and Negi get closer and closer through random violence and her clothing's lack of magical defense. Until at last she finally admits her feelings........... at which on cue the world is threatened by an overpowering magical force which delays the (then inevitable) "hook up"
Strong points: Asuna has entire CHAPTERS exploring her feelings for negi in a love context, closest amount of contact, not to mention all the history sharing and life threatening experiences....
weak points: Mr A doesn't want to be "typical"
Then again, it worked for Love Hina and Ah Megami Sama...

Quote:
3. (ecchi ending The ninja twins (or any other girl) drag him off into the woods and no one sees Negi again until he's a much more "experienced" man.... what... what!? Why are you looking at me like that?
Strong points: Doujinshi sales up, "Exceptional Technique" and "Suprisingly Adult Tastes <3"
weak points: mysterious reluctence in further USA releases, Various people deeply offended at lines on paper getting their mack on...(?)
... ...that'll be sweet, LOL...

Quote:
4. And sadly the most likely thing, is that Negi ends up single with a major partner (asuna likely due to nadoka's general lack of combat ability *cries* ) but no romantic implications. A lot of minor partners.... (with only 1 way romantic implications) and teaches secure in the knowledge that he's kissed every single one of his students.
Strong ponits: he's 10 years old, "non-typical" (harem ending with no "winner" ranma being the only exception I know of) also doesn't 'exactly' step on anyone's toes.
Weak points: no one REALLY satisfied
Nah, too bland, even for me...

Hey and don't forget Konoka, she has as much of a chance at Negi (though I think she only likes Negi as a lil brother).
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 22:42   Link #622
Paru
awkward but splendid lady

Send a message via AIM to Paru
Well OBVIOUSLY Negi's one true love is Kotarou and they're going to run away together and adopt lots of babies! Nyahahah.

Seriously though, I think Asuna will end up as his partner combat-wise, but I would be extremely surprised if they actually ended up together. Unless we have a lovely threesome with one of the other girls, which is where I could have sworn Love Hina was heading for a few volumes there . . . (Naru/Mutsumi/Keitaro OT3!)

I think, and I could be really wrong, that his girlfriend/wife will end up being a relatively ordinary girl (nobody magical or robotic or ghostly), and someone who's more on his level of maturity or lack thereof (as opposed to, like, Kaede or Chizuru or Ayaka). That sorta leaves Nodoka, Yue, Makie, Ako, a twin, and Ku Fei, out of the girls we know more about so far. Of course for some reason I'm liking the "both twins drag him off into the forest for some Surprisingly Adult Tastes" scenario, heh.

. . . or else it's Kotarou.
Paru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 23:36   Link #623
MeganeShounen
Huh?

*nooo...plz..stop...aaaah* :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paru
Well OBVIOUSLY Negi's one true love is Kotarou and they're going to run away together and adopt lots of babies! Nyahahah.
Wahahaha...sooo wierd...hmmm, never would have I imagined that Akamatsu-san would make a yuri couple ^^Setsuna and Konoka get thrown off the window(of course, just joking, don't really want that)...

Nice avatar Paru, wheredya get it?
Old 2004-12-21, 23:54   Link #624
Paru
awkward but splendid lady

Send a message via AIM to Paru
Well, there were plenty of yuri hints in Love Hina, so all the subtext in Negima didn't come as a huge surprise to me--or did you mean yaoi (Kotarou/Negi)? Yaoi would surprise me too actually, I don't really see it happening in his series.

Thanks--I did the avatar in Photoshop. The pic of Asakura is from that huge composite of all the girls.
Paru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 02:39   Link #625
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Hmmm, have people forgotten that Negi is still just a 10 year old, and isn't thinking of having a romantic partner? Don't forget his first priority is to find his father, and second is to improve his skills. Also, he still believes in the proper teacher/student relationship, and is trying to make sure that it stays that way!

Widya Santoso
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 06:06   Link #626
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2K
Hmmm, have people forgotten that Negi is still just a 10 year old, and isn't thinking of having a romantic partner? Don't forget his first priority is to find his father, and second is to improve his skills. Also, he still believes in the proper teacher/student relationship, and is trying to make sure that it stays that way!

Widya Santoso

Try telling that to the girls..heheh. He is well aware that he need/s a ministra or ministras. I think his ultimate goal is not to need them. But again, will the girls let him? Especially Asuna. Though it looks like Chachamaru is near that stage too.

I do have a question. What's been going on betqween those meetings between Konoka and the Dean? Sometimes it's with Asuna, but it's Setsuna whose been tagging along now.

Mr A is pushing this series into the shounen genre with the addition of Kotarou. The male best friend. So who is the female buddy?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 07:54   Link #627
Shingro
No problems!

Quote:

Widya Santoso
It's true, but if you've seen as much doujinshi as I have, then you'd know (and you actually probably do know) that japan really doesn't care about that nearly as much as america =P (cue M.O.M.O and Hanaukyo maids as good examples of mainstream (at least as much as anime is mainstream) japan's tollerence)

though to be honest I think the chances of anything crazy happening "Hanaukyo Maid episode 2 Style" is slim... at least all the way. It'll probably just get more suggestive. Then again... Makie did get a little.... forward in the showers..... XD (she's also a person I'm rooting for.... every time I look at her card I'm actually STUNNED for a couple of seconds by her flexibility... and her leotard... ) so.... I'm going to guess that the innuendo will get to the point that it actually creates a serious magical force that threatens to suck all humanity's labido away... causing the class to have to (cheerfully) pump enough echhi into the thing to have it explode =P

anyway, lots of innuendo and echhiness, but I think if anything sexual is going to happen, it's going to happen to an old negi... perhaps a kindof sign off where they show a 22 year old negi looking at 2 children running about the lawn throwing fireballs at each other, while a 27 year old *girl of choice* comes over and kisses him, or perhaps throws a kunai at him, or summons a massive ice spike nearly impales him from a shadow, and tells him he's off guard. I suppose it could also be a later model of Chachamaru if you like, Ordnance... (wow... the fact that ordnance likes chachamaru is almost a pun =) )

honestly though I don't really see Chachamaru getting to the point of hooking up with Negi though, it's going to take her enough effort to understand her feelings enough to confess, much less work out the fact that she's the partner of Evangaline too and her only defense when she's a helpless student THEN admiting love to negi. Not to mention getting the courage to ask hakase for those "naughty bits"

too bad too, I think the twins mischiff is something that I'd like to see. I laughed so hard with the whole "Why only you!? We're supposed to be twins!!" bit happened =) sadly I think they're in "minor charecter that occasionally stir up trouble" catagory ;_;

I guess there's always the drama CDs, fanfics/fanart and doujinshi (there may only be 6 right now, but if love hina is any indication there will be HUGE numbers by the end)
Shingro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 08:51   Link #628
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paru
or did you mean yaoi (Kotarou/Negi)? Yaoi would surprise me too actually, I don't really see it happening in his series.
errr...I really meant yuri but well...that works too...

Quote:
perhaps a kindof sign off where they show a 22 year old negi looking at 2 children running about the lawn throwing fireballs at each other, while a 27 year old *girl of choice* comes over and kisses him, or perhaps throws a kunai at him, or summons a massive ice spike nearly impales him from a shadow, and tells him he's off guard.
Haven't I already seen this in Yuu Watase's Fushigi Yugi OVA? (seen it, stared at every darn plot twist)

So in the core of this very entertaining harem, almost-ecchi manga is just a young man looking for his powerful dad while striving to be the best in his field (which is magic, of course)...HxH anyone?

And yeah, Negi almost opted for the Magic Swordsman path so that he would protect the ones he love (his disciples) instead of them protecting him^^ correct me if I'm wrong though...
Old 2004-12-22, 10:20   Link #629
Cha

Also, what happened to meow's IRC channel?
Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 19:48   Link #630
ordnance11

Quote:
It's true, but if you've seen as much doujinshi as I have, then you'd know (and you actually probably do know) that japan really doesn't care about that nearly as much as america =P (cue M.O.M.O and Hanaukyo maids as good examples of mainstream (at least as much as anime is mainstream) japan's tollerence)

though to be honest I think the chances of anything crazy happening "Hanaukyo Maid episode 2 Style" is slim... at least all the way. It'll probably just get more suggestive. Then again... Makie did get a little.... forward in the showers..... XD (she's also a person I'm rooting for.... every time I look at her card I'm actually STUNNED for a couple of seconds by her flexibility... and her leotard... ) so.... I'm going to guess that the innuendo will get to the point that it actually creates a serious magical force that threatens to suck all humanity's labido away... causing the class to have to (cheerfully) pump enough echhi into the thing to have it explode =P

anyway, lots of innuendo and echhiness, but I think if anything sexual is going to happen, it's going to happen to an old negi... perhaps a kindof sign off where they show a 22 year old negi looking at 2 children running about the lawn throwing fireballs at each other, while a 27 year old *girl of choice* comes over and kisses him, or perhaps throws a kunai at him, or summons a massive ice spike nearly impales him from a shadow, and tells him he's off guard. I suppose it could also be a later model of Chachamaru if you like, Ordnance... (wow... the fact that ordnance likes chachamaru is almost a pun =) )

honestly though I don't really see Chachamaru getting to the point of hooking up with Negi though, it's going to take her enough effort to understand her feelings enough to confess, much less work out the fact that she's the partner of Evangaline too and her only defense when she's a helpless student THEN admiting love to negi. Not to mention getting the courage to ask hakase for those "naughty bits"

too bad too, I think the twins mischiff is something that I'd like to see. I laughed so hard with the whole "Why only you!? We're supposed to be twins!!" bit happened =) sadly I think they're in "minor charecter that occasionally stir up trouble" catagory ;_;

I guess there's always the drama CDs, fanfics/fanart and doujinshi (there may only be 6 right now, but if love hina is any indication there will be HUGE numbers by the end)
*Shrug* What can I say? Ever since I saw El Hazard OVA1, I've been a sucker for fembots in love. I loved that scene were Chachamaru went beserk. Chachamaru does realize she's in love. Heh, and she just invited Negi to a tea ceremony.
Plus the conflict between love and duty is a shonen staple. Whether Eva-chan goes for it or not...best possible case is an Eva x Nagi, Chachamaru x Negi, Kamo-kun X chacha-zero pairing!
Old 2004-12-22, 19:58   Link #631
USCPharmacist

If Mr. A really want to steer NGM from a typical heram series, I wonder if he'll let some group (maybe the demons) attack the school like in X-men or Mai Hime. I know is sounds kindda cliche, but something like that is just too to cool miss (I mean who can resist mages wars). Althought I have a feeling that any serious arc will have to wait at least one or two volume cuz the festival can last 2 books ehhee.

Anyway, 2 weeks from now and we can see how good a horse rider Ayaka is.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 12:53   Link #632
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Del Rey volume 4 due 28 Dec.

Anyone seen any advance copies of this yet? I wanna get a copy of it before I leave USAnian shores and head for Japan for Comiket. I got Vol. 8 of the tankubon on the layover at Narita.

Widya Santoso

PS. cool it talking about any English scanlation. Negima is a licenced manga and Animesuki frowns on discussion about unauthorised English scanlations on the forums.
Old 2004-12-23, 20:11   Link #633
GyroidFanatic

Volume 4 is out at some places. According to a guy I know on another site, here are the most noticible edits/changes/acts-of-stupidity include:

Thousand Master -> Southern Master (again...)
Chiduru/Chizuru -> Chitsuru (...)
Rinshen/Lingshen -> Shin Rin (WTF?!?)

They did, however, fix Misora and Misa's names.

EDIT:

Kamo: "For instance, rumor is that they called your dad the Southern Master because he had probationary contracts with a thousand girls."
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 20:34   Link #634
jarret

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic
Volume 4 is out at some places. According to a guy I know on another site, here are the most noticible edits/changes/acts-of-stupidity include:

Thousand Master -> Southern Master (again...)
Chiduru/Chizuru -> Chitsuru (...)
Rinshen/Lingshen -> Shin Rin (WTF?!?)

They did, however, fix Misora and Misa's names.

EDIT:

Kamo: "For instance, rumor is that they called your dad the Southern Master because he had probationary contracts with a thousand girls."
well rinshen/lingshen is one name that i can see then changing. i mean they usualy dont want the (american) reader to have to look at the name for 3 mins to figure out what it is.
jarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 01:48   Link #635
Sydney2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic
Volume 4 is out at some places.
Hmmm, at any of the big bookshops or at any of the better comic shops? I might check Borders and Barnes and Noble tomorrow.

Regarding translation errors by the time Vol. 3 came out with the errors it was probably too late to do anything about 4. Vol. 5 will prove if Del Rey listened to the complaints.

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-12-24, 03:39   Link #636
USCPharmacist

haha southern master and thousand girls, what does the translator think of the southerners anyway

Again, that dude has NO common sense what so ever. Another victim of American public education.

Can anyone tell me how is Thousand Master is pronouced in Japanese btw?
Old 2004-12-24, 03:42   Link #637
USCPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarret
well rinshen/lingshen is one name that i can see then changing. i mean they usualy dont want the (american) reader to have to look at the name for 3 mins to figure out what it is.
And that angers me, why is these american publishers insist of keeping American stupid. No wonder the world see us as morons.
Old 2004-12-24, 06:12   Link #638
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
And that angers me, why is these american publishers insist of keeping American stupid. No wonder the world see us as morons.

My question is if it there were 2 groups that did the translation and who screwed up in the proof-reading? Someone at Del Rey bungled big time on this. Book one's translations didn't have any glaring errors.

BTW, Merry X'mas y'all.
Old 2004-12-24, 08:27   Link #639
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaphanus
That reminds me of some of the things that bothered me about the third English volume. The interpretations in the Lexicon Negimarium de Cantu (Negima Lexicon Concerning the Incantations) aren't that great. (The translator wrote "Negima! Glossary Of Spells," which is not what the title of the section means.) There are quite a few typos, too. Aeriales appears again and again as "Aerials." They changed ministra Negii to ministra Negi, so now Negi is being referred to as a female attendant. Cagurazaca Asuna, the intended Latinizated version of Asuna's full name, appears as "Asuna Kagurazaka," which didn't need to be changed.

Thank goodness that they didn't write flans as "France."

Great! I would like it if all of the girls got their cards!
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-24, 09:44   Link #640
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Hmmm, at any of the big bookshops or at any of the better comic shops? I might check Borders and Barnes and Noble tomorrow.

Regarding translation errors by the time Vol. 3 came out with the errors it was probably too late to do anything about 4. Vol. 5 will prove if Del Rey listened to the complaints.

Widya Santoso
He got it at Suncoast, which is a major store.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy