AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-12-16, 16:39   Link #61
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but even if I were to drop the $350-$400 for the Nanoha A's DVDs, I wouldn't even be able to play them without a Japanese DVD player, correct?
Well, there is the ISO option like mentioned before, otherwise you could always just set your DVDrom in your computer to Region2. They come set to R1 in the US, but you are able to change the region code 5 times before it locks. So assuming you don't watch regular DVDs on your computer, you could always do that. Otherwise you could just buy another DVDrom for your computer for $20-30 and set it to R2 if you're going to drop $350 on DVDs anyways

And with the figurines: Ouch you guys have way more money to blow than I do I guess. I have enough trouble just keeping up with buying DVDs of the series I enjoy, let alone dropping money on figures. And IMHO while I am a big fan of anime, I'm not THAT big of a fan to purpose little figures I might break and rarely look at ^_^:;
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 21:40   Link #62
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

@lost: Nha, she's not in town yet. I guess by next week. I expect it to sell out quick. Thank Haruhi for shop pre-orders.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 06:31   Link #63
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I thought that E2046 shop only did recasts. I bought some Marl Kingdom ones from whem way back in the day and they were recasts of a quality far below what was shown in their pictures.

I too preordered that Fate, so hopefully we'll all be getting them around the same time.

By modifactions I mainly meant her clothes. You see, I have a Louise figure who's skirt comes off, a Hikari figure who's skirt comes off, a Shana figure who's skirt comes off, a Yurie figure who's clothing accessories come off and a Yayoi figure who's clothes come off entirely (leaving her with only a tiny pair of panties which don't hide the detail the painter put into the figure) and not a single one said that on the box or on HLJ's website. So I just don't want any "suprises", especially if I'm not the one to crack it open. I'd dread explaining to somebody about that.

I tried to glue the clothes on so people wouldn't find out by accident, but my g/f caught me holding a figure down low with a clear/whitish goopy substance on her and let me tell you, that was embarassing and very misunderstood.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 12:47   Link #64
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_pack View Post
If Alter's Fate is your first PVC, you picked a damn good one. From the pics I have seen it looks absolutely gorgeous. In fact, here are some.
Thanks for the pics Yeah, don't think I'll be making figure buying a habit but I just couldn't pass up a Fate, her being moe incarnate and all and the Alter one looking so good.

I just got my HLJ paypal payment email anyway, so it should be shipping very soon. She must be REALLY heavy though, ¥3,850 for SAL =x
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 18:13   Link #65
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I also had an order with animenation for a birthday gift and hlj unexpectedly released it before their claimed Dec31st date, so the transaction rejected. And animenation didn't even have my stuff! So in turn I get... NOTHING!

That is until my card clears.
Old 2006-12-18, 18:57   Link #66
mac_pack

Location: On top of Mount Slecka in the valley of Raccon Don O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
I just got my HLJ paypal payment email anyway, so it should be shipping very soon. She must be REALLY heavy though, ¥3,850 for SAL =x
I as well. Here is what I have coming...

GSC96247 Takamachi Nanoha PVC 1 5,524
MOV32783 Fate Testarossa PVC 1 6,800
ALT20127 Fate Testarossa PVC 1 6,476
Merchandise Total: 18,800
Shipping Charge: 6,800 <----------------EMS
Total: 25,600

$226.55<-------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I also had an order with animenation for a birthday gift and hlj unexpectedly released it before their claimed Dec31st date, so the transaction rejected. And animenation didn't even have my stuff! So in turn I get... NOTHING!

That is until my card clears.
Never trust release dates, I learned that the hard way to.
mac_pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 21:24   Link #67
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Hm, looks like my Alter Fate wont be coming till January-ish and my other f/sn as well......no x'mas present but a new years present for me
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 05:02   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:

GSC96247 Takamachi Nanoha PVC 1 5,524
MOV32783 Fate Testarossa PVC 1 6,800
ALT20127 Fate Testarossa PVC 1 6,476
Merchandise Total: 18,800
Shipping Charge: 6,800 <----------------EMS
Total: 25,600

$226.55<-------
well at least you got to get your hands around the alter fate model...its not even listed on the HLJ link anymore

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 08:50   Link #69
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:

$226.55<-------
Ouch, that's a lot of Nanoha stuff

As for the 31st, that should've looked like an estimate from the start. RIGHT at the end of the month? I like how they put all the shipping details and the box in too even though it's discontinued cus they're mean like that. Should've gone for EMS, it's cheaper somehow x.X Oh well, shipped just now anyway. Yay!
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 12:34   Link #70
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, My GS Fate arrived today. Cutie and her resemblance is as good as it can get. The head and cloack are removable and the big semi-transparent sword can be placed in a provided transparent stand to hold it up. Fate stands on a semi-trasparent dark green magic circle. A very nice piece indeed.

Having said that, there appears to be some sort of small scratch on the back of the cape for some unknown reason, so I need to paint it a bit there. Overall, I'm very pleased, no missing part, all parts connected fine and only this minor defect for my unit. I might probably order the GS Nanoha, too, although I believe Alter's bears a greater resemblance to Nanoha out of all Nanoha figures, but GS's Nanoha has a good resemblance and is more impressive than both Movic's and Alter's. Ah... how money fly
Old 2006-12-20, 17:27   Link #71
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Well, My GS Fate arrived today. Cutie and her resemblance is as good as it can get. The head and cloack are removable and the big semi-transparent sword can be placed in a provided transparent stand to hold it up. Fate stands on a semi-trasparent dark green magic circle. A very nice piece indeed.

Having said that, there appears to be some sort of small scratch on the back of the cape for some unknown reason, so I need to paint it a bit there. Overall, I'm very pleased, no missing part, all parts connected fine and only this minor defect for my unit. I might probably order the GS Nanoha, too, although I believe Alter's bears a greater resemblance to Nanoha out of all Nanoha figures, but GS's Nanoha has a good resemblance and is more impressive than both Movic's and Alter's. Ah... how money fly

I just got mine today and I noticed a weird mark on her cape too. Anyway I'm glad it's here. I've been waiting months:

LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 17:50   Link #72
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Hmm... You think it's some sort of manufactoring line error?

Where's the support stand for her sword? Or are you planning to keep her without it?
Old 2006-12-21, 10:32   Link #73
Lost

Nanoha Takamachi 1/7 PVC
by Kotobukiya

A Photo-show follows. Any clickable pictures give you a bigger 1600x1200 version.
(Mods, I've made sure all pictures appearing here are below 20Kb in size. As again, let me know if you still want them to be taken down)

What I really like about this figurine is her expression. That mean-edge expression we don't get to see enough of. Even her lips appear to be drawn out in a cold line. Details to the eyes are incredible; I like the way they included the under-eye shadow. Together with the pose, I love this because it reminds me of all the battles where she paused, leveled her stave at the opponent and well, "made friends." XD What might be a problem here tho, is the hair framing her face. I wish it could be less oblique.

Features:

Raising Heart Exelion

Spoiler for raising heart is translucent red!:
Exelion came in eight parts that had to be clicked together. Problem is that they are a tad fragile. Also; for my model, Exelion's spire is bent! (I did drop the box on the way home T_T) Could be that; or just bad packing.

Pantsu

Boots

Her shoes; with Flier Fin. They're detachable too.

Pantsu

Nice magical wings no?

Base

Sadly, defects are apparent and far-ranging in this model. Spots where plastic has chipped are obvious on the waves beneath her feet and on her Flier Fin wings. Anyway, base is an attempt to recreate the "platforms" they make in mid-air; I am glad its translucent.

Did I say Pantsu?

Overall

All in all, this is a figurine of moderate quality. Colouring, expressions, proportions are all spot on; only it has obvious defects, especially with her clothes and equipment, which honestly dont seem to have been properly gone thru a finishing stage; with some edges still very rough and spots of paint missing at parts (check her cuffs). Having those detachable parts (well, at least for the Flier Fin wings) was not a good idea; much force is require to push them in, and even then they hardly fit.

Despite all these tho, as the biggest figurine I have (at 1/7) it quite literally rules my desk right now (throwing all my other figures out of proportion lol; especially thin Eruruu), and rightly so, with that mean stance and expression!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 12:02   Link #74
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Sheesh. Now that's just way too cool That Nanoha figurine should go well with the figurines of Chii, Sumomo, and Minoru's maid whose name I forgot in Chobits, and the Strike Freedom model on top of my TV set.
kingdom_elladrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 13:03   Link #75
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, Fate does have detachable parts, too, and you can take off her clock, and the sword is consisted of parts to fit properly in her hands but I believe it's a well made figure. I'll order the GC Nanoha probably soon, so I'll post my opinion about it when it arrives. Although my desktop is getting crowded - I had to move Ilya on my PC tower to have space for Fate.
Old 2006-12-21, 13:22   Link #76
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost
Pantsu

Doesn't seem like Nanoha is wearing pantsu
Old 2006-12-21, 13:29   Link #77
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

LOL, blinded by panties Nah, they are there, it's pretty obvious. Digital vibrance is your friend Overall, the model seems nice from the photos. Although, between Fate and Nanoha, I am certain that if someone isn't wearing panties, it's Nanoha. Fate, for all her badass attitude in the first season and her usual battle attire comes off as pretty reserved to me.
Old 2006-12-21, 16:40   Link #78
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Hmm... You think it's some sort of manufactoring line error?

Where's the support stand for her sword? Or are you planning to keep her without it?
I took off the stand for the picture but currently I have it up because I'm afraid it'll tip over.
LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 09:27   Link #79
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

I has my Alter Fate. MUST PUT MALE REPRODUCTIVE ORGAN INTO FATE-CHAN'S FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE ORGAN.

Alter Nanoha box for comparison. Hueg box is XBOX HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEG.

Last edited by dodgethis_sg; 2006-12-23 at 06:10.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 04:11   Link #80
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

My card was rejected due to idiocity on the part of another vendor so if I get mine it'll be a miracle!

Please anyone who's religious, pray for me