AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-13, 01:13   Link #241
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The main files took 8 hours for starters. -_- Dunno why, could be this stupid computer. I get so many in-game crashes from Visual C++ errors, or used to until I reached Chapter 5. Some battles go lightning quick while some take around 30 minutes, which seems to be linked to opponents that are red/blue melee attackers, black debuffers, white buffers and Naya. They were also the cause of all the crashes. They always happened during a battle when one of those was doing their move. I'm trying to get my own computer but I won't be allowed to until I have a good semester at Uni. -_- Until then, I'm stuck on a comp from the late 90s with a few modifications that takes 10-15 mins to properly load Windows XP, 5 minutes to shut down.

Oh well, at least it's not like Warcraft 3 where it only loaded up missions in the last chapter 10% of the time or always crashed whenever I saved a game. -_-
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 01:29   Link #242
cranston

Last told me his game lags like mad. Must be using an obsolete PC.

I'm not using NoDVD either, so I can't offer an opinion.
There is something I want you to try though.

@erhjegel
What is mini-image?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-08-14 at 09:10.
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 03:03   Link #243
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

I think the NoDVD patch isn't compatible with version 1.00.06, but I'm not 100% sure about it
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 05:29   Link #244
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

A mini-Image allows you to play the game normally as if it has the ISO mounted, even though you only have the mini-Image mounted. Removes the need for a mounted ISO/DVD, and for a NoDVD as well.
Old 2008-08-13, 09:35   Link #245
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, this is very weird...I think I have both. -_- The stuff from Special Pakage Mini Image is in the main directory and the NoDVD stuff in a sub directory. And as I previously said, only the NoDVD01.00.01 works. I think I installed everything I got and did it in alphabetical order (there was around a dozen files), so I probably did the MiniImage last.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2008-08-13 at 09:48.
Old 2008-08-13, 20:39   Link #246
cranston

A theory:
Since the file is specifically named "NoDVD01.00.01", it probably only works with version (or patch) 1. Or that it specifically installs version 1. Or that it specifically uses version 1.

Ehrjegel may be right in that re-installing may be necessary, without using the NoDVD patch.

However, there's also the possibility that the game will work properly, using version 6, if you don't run from the NoDVD folder. Once again, I suggest you mount the ISO file and report back on what happens.

Final theory: Is the MiniImage an .exe file? If it is, try running it first, then the version 6 patch, and then run the Narukana.exe program (without using NoDVD).
Old 2008-08-14, 01:28   Link #247
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, last night, one insanely bad thing happened and one insanely good thing happened.

The bad news...after trying to reinstall something, the game no longer works. -_- Looks like I'll have to reinstall the whole thing either way. -_- I guess I'll just put the SaveData folder aside.

The good news...I found a full translation of the game. Now I actually know what is going on...There is craploads I wasn't tuned into...

If you want a link for the translation, let me know. It's from someone's live journal, I just wanted to know whether it was okay to link first, I didn't want to break any forum rules.
Old 2008-08-14, 01:34   Link #248
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

How a mini-Image works:

Click on me to see

It's basically just that. See the 932kb image file that I have mounted? It makes the game think that I have the actual game DVD mounted.

Also, were you referring to nighteye's translations? Hahaha, that guy is win.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2008-08-14 at 01:47.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 02:30   Link #249
cranston

Oooh... gimme gimme!

I'm almost finished with the 1st playthrough and I don't think I've missed much other than some technobabble. Still, it may make replays easier on me.
Old 2008-08-14, 08:26   Link #250
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@cranston & selkirk: Sending it now. Would have sooner but I came across Code Geass R2 episodes up to the current releases and I went on a mini-marahton, first time I have for anime for a fair while, so didn't see your posts. Gome ne.

@Erhjegel: Hmmm...interesting. I'm sending you some info via PM which might explain what's happening on my end.
Old 2008-08-14, 09:06   Link #251
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

hummm? Since when Seinarukana has been translated? O_o
The only one I heard of was selkirk's, which begun only for the menus and such...
EDIT: hou, found it as well. certainly better with certain keywords.

That said, for the rules: we do not forbid fan translation at all.
However, any mention of site or "method" for warez and such isn't permitted. I will remove few lines, but the recent posts were within the boundary, I believe.
Old 2008-08-15, 13:13   Link #252
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Only problem is for route specific sections, I think he only translated the Sastuki route. -_- Which leaves me in the dark a bit on Katima still. ><
Old 2008-08-17, 07:38   Link #253
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, this time the patch is putting files into those folders, but then I get this weird message which then leaves nothing after it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...rorMessage.jpg

Any idea what that means?
Old 2008-08-17, 07:54   Link #254
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I received your PM regarding that, but unfortunately I have no idea.

Just to check, you installed the game with Japanese nonUnicode, Japanese language and Japanese location, right?
Old 2008-08-17, 08:13   Link #255
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Dunno if this will help... I too had the same problem... I could not update the game 'cause every time I tried it failed what made it work was... I used the NoDVD patch for ver. 1.00.01 then, used then used the update patch 1.00.06 and it worked.
Old 2008-08-18, 09:51   Link #256
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, something interesting has happened tonight. After a bit of tinkering, this time, the Narukana.exe file in the main directory has worked - which has never happened for me before. And the .06 patch 'seemed' to be applied. The Narukana.exe file in the main directory is tagged as Version 1.0.6.0, so I'm guessing the patch update worked this time. So success there.

But one thing I need to ask - on my pre-existing save files, which were played under 1.0.1 conditions, it's made no change to them. I'm guessing saved games under a previous patch can't be affected by an update? Because that no restriction on the Sands of Time and the inflated IT is still happening in those save games.

I guess I'll have to go from the start...for the third time. -_- I'll try a new one under these .06 conditions and see if 2-1 was any different from how I remember it.
Old 2008-08-19, 23:58   Link #257
cranston

@last
Do you have any saves from previous missions? It only makes sense if the changes are applied prospectively, rather than forcing users to replay from the beginning. You should try restarting the current (ie latest) mission first.

P.S. I've finished looking through that translation link you gave me and it's adequate. With that, you'd be able to understand the general plot. Impressive work for something done alone. At the moment, he's only provided translations up to chapter 6 though, and I believe you'll finish reach that point soon enough.

P.P.S. I absolutely love chapter 6 and 7.
Old 2008-08-20, 00:42   Link #258
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Hmm...Well i m abt to start playing, but is there any guide out there which i can refer to?
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 01:16   Link #259
cranston

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNite View Post
Hmm...Well i m abt to start playing, but is there any guide out there which i can refer to?
Do you mean a guide in how to play? Or an english translation?
Old 2008-08-20, 01:41   Link #260
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@cranston: okay, I have a save after completing 5-1 with SS. If I loaded that one instead of the one just into 5-2, that should go to .06 rules for 5-2? It just gets SO annoying fighting Shou. At least Subaru wisens up but god...Shou is SO ANNOYING. Why the hell do you have to fight and beat him 5 times?! Nozomu canes him every time.

I sent Eternal Nite the translation link. He'll be fine.

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel