AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: Choose your favorite banner!
1. 145 14.38%
2. 127 12.60%
3. 154 15.28%
4. 63 6.25%
5. 221 21.92%
6. 43 4.27%
7. 64 6.35%
8. 37 3.67%
9. 62 6.15%
10. 92 9.13%
Voters: 1008. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-18, 16:19   Link #121
KitsyLove
Dangerous Cutie

Lol,I can't believe how high #5 is,now already.

I couldn't choose between #1 and #6. Eventually,I chose #6,for being joyful,yet calm and a bit darker,but not making it feel like it's dark. (it has a happy feel to it).

I can't believe #6 is actually falling bit behind right now. XD

Hmm,I wonder which one will win? There's still a few days to go,anything can still happen. May the best win!
Old 2009-03-18, 16:24   Link #122
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Chose #1 since the characters are cute, the text is distinct, but not too fancy. My second choice would be #2.

#5 would've been ok if it didn't have the Japanese text which felt tacky.
Old 2009-03-18, 17:21   Link #123
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Why are the banners so cutsey every season? (Not that the effort of the members who created them are in question) Sighs, I guess I'll take Lulu and Foolzaku eating a friendship cookie...I suck so much at contests like this but I'm gonna puppeteer someone next time to make something more abstract...I'm a good idea guy atleast...Good Luck everyone...
Old 2009-03-18, 17:25   Link #124
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I do not trust Solace as much as you do.

Why were the rule on adding extra text removed, and also the rule that dictated the banners need to have the words "AnimeSuki" and "forum" in them. The dango just happens to be favored both by the rules and perfect timing? (initially it was not even 760px wide)

I feel Solace is playing us for fools.
It's true. I'm a closet Clannad lover, all these years I've been fooling all of you just for this moment where I could have dangos take over the forums! MUAHAHAHAHA!

Or more seriously, I made a goof, and I'm paying for it, and I'm trying to fix it. The Winter contest had a provision that required AnimeSuki Forums to be the text, however the Sky contest did not. I assumed, mistakenly, that everyone would use the words because that's what the contest was about. I honestly didn't notice the text on sbg711's entries until after the nomination phase had started. At which point, one of the staff showed it to me and asked wtf I allowed it. And so the explanation went.

We reached a consensus that if the banner made it to the final vote, we'd ask him to change the text to the correct words. Little did we know dangos would be this popular.

I've already been talking with the creator, and working to find a solution to the problem. Future contests will make the text rule official so we can avoid this issue coming up again.

Dangos. Pure Evil.
Old 2009-03-18, 17:58   Link #125
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I voted #8 because of Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. If I knew about #5, I'd have troll voted it herk herk. >:3
Old 2009-03-18, 18:04   Link #126
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Or more seriously, I made a goof, and I'm paying for it, and I'm trying to fix it. The Winter contest had a provision that required AnimeSuki Forums to be the text, however the Sky contest did not.
You realise besides "Animesuki.com" he has extra text in there completly unrelated to animesuki. Were the old rules about not having any quotes or extra messages in there only for English text? Maybe I should add some German, French, Arabic or Chinese quotes in there next time; does thou think old style English count as another language mayhap?

Do you have access to the admin panel? If not what is the purpose of hiding who voted. Someone can just create multiple accounts using temporary emails and polute the votes. You should at least check for the most basic of signs of fraud if not at least do not hide them.
Old 2009-03-18, 18:15   Link #127
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's true. I'm a closet Clannad lover, all these years I've been fooling all of you just for this moment where I could have dangos take over the forums! MUAHAHAHAHA!

Or more seriously, I made a goof, and I'm paying for it, and I'm trying to fix it. The Winter contest had a provision that required AnimeSuki Forums to be the text, however the Sky contest did not. I assumed, mistakenly, that everyone would use the words because that's what the contest was about. I honestly didn't notice the text on sbg711's entries until after the nomination phase had started. At which point, one of the staff showed it to me and asked wtf I allowed it. And so the explanation went.

We reached a consensus that if the banner made it to the final vote, we'd ask him to change the text to the correct words. Little did we know dangos would be this popular.

I've already been talking with the creator, and working to find a solution to the problem. Future contests will make the text rule official so we can avoid this issue coming up again.

Dangos. Pure Evil.
If the dango one does win, which it seems like it's going to, make them use better text next time, because the one they are using now is awful. get another person to make it if the creator can do it.
Old 2009-03-18, 19:52   Link #128
MK200114

#5 does look kinda low-res

I voted #1 because of the good use of color and space.
Old 2009-03-18, 19:59   Link #129
ricaryx

Oh no, the dangos are winning. Nooo...

I think #1 is the purrtiest so I voted for it.

*edit
I agree with the two above me.
Old 2009-03-18, 20:28   Link #130
Key Board
Carbon

5 has a broad appeal. If you showed it people who did not watch anime, they would get the message behind it.

Plus the color contrast is more defined than the other banners. It doesn't blur away when you move away from your monitor and it doesn't seem like something that underwent too many Photoshop filters

I like the composition of 3 the most personally, but the images used are too small.
Old 2009-03-18, 20:31   Link #131
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
For some reason, it have turned into a serious business.
Old 2009-03-18, 20:54   Link #132
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
5 has a broad appeal. If you showed it people who did not watch anime, they would get the message behind it.
What message?! The text on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Plus the color contrast is more defined than the other banners. It doesn't blur away when you move away from your monitor and it doesn't seem like something that underwent too many Photoshop filters
If that's not a methaphor you should get your eyes examined.

Also that banner: it is two brush stamped on the background gradient provided along with two text fields and a cut-out of dangos, that is it. It is simple really: simple minded humans will naturally pick the new/unique/strange/different one with very high probability. The dango one breaks enough rules and is made as a joke that it looks unique to everyone. The coincidence in date adds to the bias. Just look at the pattern in posts for people who voted for the dango banner and people who voted for any other.

There is no good trait in it as a banner for animesuki or the theme.
Old 2009-03-18, 21:39   Link #133
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
just voted ^^

those were all nice banners....

grats 4 all... win/lose they're all great banners
Old 2009-03-18, 22:07   Link #134
Whojive
is behind on many eps

Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
Quote:
What message?! The text on it?If that's not a methaphor you should get your eyes examined.

Also that banner: it is two brush stamped on the background gradient provided along with two text fields and a cut-out of dangos, that is it. It is simple really: simple minded humans will naturally pick the new/unique/strange/different one with very high probability. The dango one breaks enough rules and is made as a joke that it looks unique to everyone. The coincidence in date adds to the bias. Just look at the pattern in posts for people who voted for the dango banner and people who voted for any other.

There is no good trait in it as a banner for animesuki or the theme.
did that banner crap in your cornflakes? i don't care for it either but damn thats harsh.
Old 2009-03-18, 23:28   Link #135
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

*rubs temples* Sigh. Enough of this.

This is a notice for everyone - stop the rude comments about the banners. I don't care how much dislike you harbor about a particular entry for whatever reason, but if you cannot phrase your comments in a more polite manner, then do not comment at all.
Old 2009-03-19, 01:54   Link #136
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
For some reason, it have turned into a serious business.
Some people might be taking this seriously because they would be seeing the winning banner frequently for about a year.
My support is obviously for #2 since I'm a higurashi fan. The Dango Family banner isn't bad though.
Old 2009-03-19, 03:38   Link #137
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Just a curious little question. What exactly is written on the dango banner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
Anime suki if I'm not mistaken. (And yes I meant the hiragana/katakana )
Sankyu!
Old 2009-03-19, 03:46   Link #138
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Just a curious little question. What exactly is written on the dango banner?
Anime suki if I'm not mistaken. (And yes I meant the hiragana/katakana )

edit: or rather suki (large on the left) anime (below animesuki.com text).
Old 2009-03-19, 03:53   Link #139
Delitesco
Hobby Artist

Quote:
You realise besides "Animesuki.com" he has extra text in there completly unrelated to animesuki. Were the old rules about not having any quotes or extra messages in there only for English text? Maybe I should add some German, French, Arabic or Chinese quotes in there next time; does thou think old style English count as another language mayhap?
For the record, that extra text is very much related to animesuki.
The two big characters (好き) is japaneese for love (suki).
The three smaller characters (アニメ ) is japaneese for anime (anime).
So all the extra text is spelled "animesuki" but has a bit disorted layout.

Still, rules about which languages allowed and amount of text etc should have been more clear it seems.

I personally don't think the dango-banner should reperesent animesuki.com seeing as those creatures don't define anime style very much like the other banners.

Anyway...

...I voted some time ago and my vote went to Secca's banner, number 10. Love that banner
Old 2009-03-19, 04:17   Link #140
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delitesco View Post
For the record, that extra text is very much related to animesuki.
The two big characters (好き) is japaneese for love (suki).
The three smaller characters (アニメ ) is japaneese for anime (anime).
So all the extra text is spelled "animesuki" but has a bit disorted layout.
Correct.

Quote:
Still, rules about which languages allowed and amount of text etc should have been more clear it seems.
The next banner contest will have clear provisions about what text is allowed. This will mean no non-english text or characters (like Kanji) and only the words "AnimeSuki Forums".

I do apologize for it not being required in this contest, as it seems to have caused some confusion, however the next contest will have a more refined ruleset and hopefully fewer complications as a result.

For those curious about when the next banner contest will be, the current plan is to see how well these age, but I'm hoping to start another one up before the end of the year. If anyone has suggestions or ideas about future contests, feel free to post them up in the AnimeSuki Banner Contest General Discussion Thread.

Tags
banner contest, banners, contest