AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-06-14, 10:41   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1053 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again, folks! Though AP is still down, spoilers come courtesy of Redon and co.:

-Chapter title is "The New Emperors". Splash is a color page advertising the upcoming RPG game, One Piece Odyssey.

-The five elders freak out as info of the Wano situation starts leaking, but it's too late for them to do anything about it.... Morgans has the news spread to every corner of the globe. In response, the government has placed new bounties on the supernovas Luffy, Law, and Kid, who have toppled two of the emperors.... THREE BILLION EACH!!! Furthermore, Luffy's wanted poster has been updated.... with a picture of him in Gear 5 mode.

-In the Flower Capital, a huge celebration is underway! However, during the festivities, RObin meets with Tenguyama Hitetsu, who reveals his true identity to her: Kouzuki Sukiyaki, Oden's father!!! The former shogun says that he hasn't revealed himself to his grandchildren yet, nor does he intend to, as he's too ashamed. Orochi had kept him imprisoned for several years, but by the time he escaped, his son Oden had already died, and Wano was placed under a new regime! However, Robin has a different matter to discuss with him: for as it turns out, the Ancient Weapon Pluton is hidden in THE LAND OF WANO!!! Robin knew this because it was written on the Poneglyph that Crocodile had her decipher so long ago in Alabasta....

-At Udon, the remaining Beast Pirates, King and Queen included, are taken out by admiral Ryokugyu, whose real name is Aramaki. He has a DF ability that lets him create plants and absorb the nutrients of other people. Meanwhile, Kid crashes the party to show Luffy the papers. The new Four Emperors have been named: Shanks, Teach, Luffy, and BUGGY!!! What's more, unbeknownst to everyone in the capital, Ryokugyu is on his way to take our heroes' heads,,,,!!!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-06-19 at 14:18.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 10:43   Link #2
grecefar

Yeah , buggy was always an option, props to the ones who called it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 12:18   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Luffy, Kid and Law getting exactly the same bounty is weird. Luffy is clearly more influential and stronger than those two, not to mention he's become the warrior the WG fears.

Buggy being the other new Emperor is nice.
Old 2022-06-14, 12:59   Link #4
Gerard07

Seen the spoilers, the rewards sound good, although I thought that Luffy's would be higher (and I didn't like that his fate changed to G5, I would have preferred it to be the previous one), about Pluto I thought he was in Arabasta (and that he would have something to do with Vivi) and Buggy the new emperor..., is he Oda's favorite character or something?, hopefully he will show us something interesting, to wait for the next chapter.
By the way, is it the last chapter before the one-month hiatus?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 13:55   Link #5
The Small One

I'm quite interessted in getting to know, what exactly Buggy did, to get this title. He wasn't quite the most important one of the previous Shichibukai.
Also interessting, that they went back to the "Four" Emperors. IIRC, before Wano they were talking about Five, with Luffy beeing already in the ranks… with Big Mom and Kaido defeated, they could have decided to make it 3, or appoint two new ones, but they decided to go back to four, with one beeing Buggy.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 14:08   Link #6
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again, folks! Though AP is still down, spoilers come courtesy of Redon and co.:

-Chapter title is "The New Emperors". Splash is a color page advertising the upcoming RPG game, One Piece Odyssey.

-We've got the new bounties for Luffy, Law, and Kid! All three of them now have THREE BILLION on each of their heads!!! Furthermore, Luffy's wanted poster has been updated.... with a picture of him in Gear 5 mode.

-In a surprise twist, we learn that Tenguyama Hitetsu was a false identity all along... for Kouzuki Sukiyaki, Oden's father!!! He has a conversation with Robin, where another huge bomb is dropped: The Ancient Weapon Pluton is hidden in THE LAND OF WANO!!! Robin knew this because it was written on the Poneglyph that Crocodile had her decipher so long ago in Alabasta....

-Looks like we're finally formally introduced to admiral Ryokugyu, whose real name is Aramaki. He has a DF ability that lets him create plants and absorb the nutrients of other people. In fact, he demonstrates this power on King and Queen (though apparently this happens off panel). Meanwhile, there's a big celebration in the Flower Capital. However, Kid crashes the party to show Luffy the papers. The new Four Emperors have been named: Shanks, Teach, Luffy, and BUGGY...!!!!!!
Vol.25 cover foreshadowing was Insane!
Old 2022-06-14, 16:45   Link #7
Homura7

The location of the Pluton was written on the poneglyph located in Alabasta, Robin knew about its exact whereabouts since then. This is hardly shocking at this point, it just further reaffirms Wano and its enormous importance in the overearching plot.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 17:58   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm quite interessted in getting to know, what exactly Buggy did, to get this title. He wasn't quite the most important one of the previous Shichibukai.
Also interessting, that they went back to the "Four" Emperors. IIRC, before Wano they were talking about Five, with Luffy beeing already in the ranks… with Big Mom and Kaido defeated, they could have decided to make it 3, or appoint two new ones, but they decided to go back to four, with one beeing Buggy.
Buggy managed to get where he was by lying his way into getting a ton of followers/underlings, some extremely strong. That's how he became an Emperor. He himself likely didn't do anything, but his forces probably utterly crushed the Marines they sent after him.
Old 2022-06-14, 18:36   Link #9
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Luffy, Kid and Law getting exactly the same bounty is weird. Luffy is clearly more influential and stronger than those two, not to mention he's become the warrior the WG fears.

Buggy being the other new Emperor is nice.
Yeah. Law and Kidd dealt big mom the finishing blow but with great struggle while working together. Luffy finished off Kaidou solo. 5b for Luffy sounds reasonable if they were 3b. Especially when the wig is afraid of his fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I’m more excited to see who the other new emperor of the sea is. Unless they had to hide Luffys achievement due to him awakening the nika fruit, Luffy is a sure thing. But who got the other newly opened position? There were a lot of captains taking part in the operation. Or perhaps itsBuggy for no reason lmao
Wow I called that lol. Though if you consider him the leader of his own alliance it gives him an advantage over law and Kidd. While Luffy, Law, and Kidd are essentially equal leaders of their alliance, Luffy is the face of it and the one with the most achievements so he was named the new yonkou. While to the public, law and Kidd are just his subordinates despite them not being so.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2022-06-14 at 18:51.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 20:02   Link #10
Gerard07

I have a few queries:
-Buggy is popular in Japan?
-Only the rewards of Luffy, Lid and Law are revealed and not the others? (Zoro, Sanji, Killer, etc).
-Next week is there a chapter or is One Piece already on hiatus?.
Old 2022-06-14, 20:33   Link #11
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
I have a few queries:
-Buggy is popular in Japan?
-Only the rewards of Luffy, Lid and Law are revealed and not the others? (Zoro, Sanji, Killer, etc).
-Next week is there a chapter or is One Piece already on hiatus?.
As pointed out, Buggy is there to delegitimization position. No known break until the end of month vacation.
Old 2022-06-14, 21:26   Link #12
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:

Thread GuidelineBriefs

-We've got the new bounties for Luffy, Law, and Kid! All three of them now have THREE BILLION on each of their heads!!! Furthermore, Luffy's wanted poster has been updated.... with a picture of him in Gear 5 mode.

-In a surprise twist, we learn that Tenguyama Hitetsu was a false identity all along... for Kouzuki Sukiyaki, Oden's father!!! He has a conversation with Robin, where another huge bomb is dropped: The Ancient Weapon Pluton is hidden in THE LAND OF WANO!!! Robin knew this because it was written on the Poneglyph that Crocodile had her decipher so long ago in Alabasta....

-Looks like we're finally formally introduced to admiral Ryokugyu, whose real name is Aramaki. He has a DF ability that lets him create plants and absorb the nutrients of other people. In fact, he demonstrates this power on King and Queen (though apparently this happens off panel). Meanwhile, there's a big celebration in the Flower Capital. However, Kid crashes the party to show Luffy the papers. The new Four Emperors have been named: Shanks, Teach, Luffy, and BUGGY...!!!!!!
Now what I'll be waiting is another Zoro vs Sanji for their bounties.

Man, Buggy become a Yonko is a joke I mean, how the heck he would take a seat as a Yonko, anyway? Maybe because of his Mercenaries business?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 22:39   Link #13
Rainbowman

Quote:
- Chapter title is "The New Emperors". Splash is a color page advertising the upcoming RPG game, One Piece Odyssey.
I hope they update the game to include Jinbe as an official member.

Quote:
I wonder if there’s a bounty update for other members of any of their captains’ crews?

Quote:
-In a surprise twist, we learn that Tenguyama Hitetsu was a false identity all along... for Kouzuki Sukiyaki, Oden's father!!! He has a conversation with Robin, where another huge bomb is dropped: The Ancient Weapon Pluton is hidden in THE LAND OF WANO!!! Robin knew this because it was written on the Poneglyph that Crocodile had her decipher so long ago in Alabasta...
That would certainly explain why CP0 was hanging around in Wano.

Quote:
Would like to see what Ryokugyu/Aramaki looks like. So glad that Luffy becomes one of the new emperors but quite surprised about Buggy also becoming an emperor.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 02:23   Link #14
rladls2121

Sukiyaki? What?

And what is Kidd doing? I think he's doing that just to embarrass himself, "providing" information to Luffy like that sort of reminds me of Bartolomeo. Though the latter was formal, it gave me the impression that Kidd's character position may slowly become similar that of Bartolomeo. Being tough as ice on the outside and, the inside slowly melting not 100% exactly of Bartolomeo, but still in my personal opinion, close to it.

Wano this, and Wano that. I don't care, I'm here for the outside news and more characters from the outside, like this Admiral Green Bull.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 03:20   Link #15
patnam

Rocks pirate crew members (Edward, Charlotte & Kaido) are officially out from Four Emperor, now having Roger's pirate crew members (Shanks & Buggy) in Four Emperor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Now what I'll be waiting is another Zoro vs Sanji for their bounties.

Man, Buggy become a Yonko is a joke I mean, how the heck he would take a seat as a Yonko, anyway? Maybe because of his Mercenaries business?
maybe it is because Buggy is former Roger's Pirate crew member...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2022-06-15 at 07:59. Reason: Please use the “edit” button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 07:27   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shanks is the only Emperor not laughing on his poster.
Ryokugyu looks cool, it seems like he might only be there to clean up the remnants of the Beast pirates, though he may not listen to Akainu and overdo it by clashing with the Straw-hats.

Skinny Queen is now canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Sukiyaki? What?
It didn't hit me yesterday, but wasn't he supposed to have been poisoned to death by Orochi, which is how Orochi even got the Shogun seat in the first place? Why did he fake his death and allow that scoundrel to take over?
Old 2022-06-15, 15:02   Link #17
Gerard07

I ask what reason Oda would give to justify Buggy becoming a Yonko, since even though he has many relatively strong subordinates and was a member of Roger's crew, it still doesn't seem like a good reason; Maybe it will occur to him that he managed to get his hands on an ancient weapon from Uranus or something? (Pluto is in Wano and Poseidon is on Fish-Man Island, so she's the only one left out and she's the one we know the least about).
Old 2022-06-16, 12:51   Link #18
marvelB

OP updated! Yep, I am definitely digging Ryokugyu's design. Though apparently his appearance may be based on Yoshio Harada, not Toshiro Mifune as previously thought. I also like how his ability explains why he prefers to fast (recall he told Fujitora during the Reverie that he doesn't really like to eat). Though, as clearly powerful as he is, I have to wonder if he would've taken out the all-stars as easily if they were in 100% condition.... I doubt either of them are in tip-top shape just a week after the raid.

Anyways, I was fairly surprised by Tengu actually being Sukiyaki. Though it also kinda makes sense, because as I recall, we had no definite proof of his death during the Oden flashback.... we just know Orochi had that old lady impersonate him. I do rather hope that he does reveal the truth to his grandkids, though.... I'm sure they'd forgive him. As far as Pluton goes, I kinda wonder if it's related to sea stone, somehow? We know that sea stone originated from Wano, so maybe the weapon is something created from the mineral? Or... could it be the other way around?

On to the bounties, I don't think it's so strange that the three captains all have the same price on their heads. At the end of the day, Law and Kid took down an emperor with awakened abilities as well, even if they had to work together to do so. And even in Kaidou's case, we can't say it was entirely a solo effort from Luffy since so many opponents took on the King of Beasts before Luffy's fruit awakened (Scabbards, several supernovas, Yamato, etc.). So yeah, all three being the worth the same makes sense to me. Of course, the highlight for me is Buggy's promotion to emperor status (with awesome new bounty poster to boot), but of course, this is merely another stepping stone towards the clown's ascension to godhood. I still really want to see what his price is, though.... it'll be so awesome if his head is worth even more than Shanks!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 13:02   Link #19
grecefar

Keep this and buggy will find the one piece before luffy.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 13:12   Link #20
mickbis

Green Bull prefer Akainu way of doing thin and ready to ruin the day with the warship coming and big mom ship is still out there...?

Sound like the opening chapter of next month will be Chaotic
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote