AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-17, 05:44   Link #21
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I've read the Game Informer article, and I'm still cautious about F3. Some things sound good, others have too little information about them, like how the combat system actually works and whether there really *will* be alternate conclusions to quests, not just different ways to make them end the same way.
I feel cautious too. Hopefully, it won't simply turn out to be a pretty Fallout mod for Oblivion.

Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy Oblivion, but after a while, it felt...empty.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 10:38   Link #22
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

The time have passed 10 years from Fallout 2 and 7 years from Fallout Tactics. I hope Fallout 3 follow classic stype of Fallout.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 18:47   Link #23
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Look the hammer of this Super Mutant, a beautiful hammer in fallout world, how boring O.o:
Old 2007-06-19, 02:56   Link #24
Smithj

I dunno. Some of those energy weapons were pretty darn clean. Namely those Laser Pistols.

It looks somewhat *special* as it has that hexagonal bolt-encrusted member stuck around the top of the shaft with what seems to be wires.
Smithj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 08:56   Link #25
pomps
グ~…

Those pictures really bring my hope down to ground level, the mutants look like they came from the world of Doom 3, wielding a Oblivion warhammer with some bolts on it.
For the clean shiny stuff, lazer/energy weapons need to be clean, they're using lazer/plasma anyway. But who needs Intel Core 2 on a shiny well decorated sledgehammer if they're swinging it to crush the enemies' head .

Last edited by pomps; 2007-06-19 at 09:12.
pomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 20:48   Link #26
FireBorn

I'm glad to hear there's no level scaling... that really killed Oblivion for me. I'll probably end up buying this when it comes out.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 03:29   Link #27
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Old 2008-05-10, 23:53   Link #28
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Bad news for gamers who are using Ndivia, Fallout 3 will only play on ATI, it need 712 MB VGA and 2GB Ram to can be played. Bethesda is destroying a legend.

Fallout become legend since it's story and gameplay, not graphic.
Old 2008-05-11, 00:17   Link #29
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Bad news for gamers who are using Ndivia, Fallout 3 will only play on ATI, it need 712 MB VGA and 2GB Ram to can be played.
That's insane.

How can they let that happen? Eliminating compatibility with one of the staples of the graphics-cards industry in favor of the another is not cool.

Eh, looks like I'm just going to have to stick with the '360 version for the time being. I already went all out in buying a rig with nvidia.

It looks really sweet, too. It's one of those games I would've definitely liked to have mods for. I remember that I couldn't help but buy the PC version of Oblivion after I tried out the '360 version just because the mod community for those kinds of game is so huge. There are so many content mods out there that really add hours worth of game time.
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 00:20   Link #30
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Second that. Why would you restrict the market to one side? That just means even less sales for you.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 03:07   Link #31
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
That's insane.

How can they let that happen? Eliminating compatibility with one of the staples of the graphics-cards industry in favor of the another is not cool.

Eh, looks like I'm just going to have to stick with the '360 version for the time being. I already went all out in buying a rig with nvidia.

It looks really sweet, too. It's one of those games I would've definitely liked to have mods for. I remember that I couldn't help but buy the PC version of Oblivion after I tried out the '360 version just because the mod community for those kinds of game is so huge. There are so many content mods out there that really add hours worth of game time.
Fallout 3 will need 25GB HDD (2 DVD-9), what the huge!. I think Bethesda want to use Fallout 3 for shinning their name than revive Fallout series and help ATI which is exhaust in the race with Ndivia in game field.
Old 2008-05-11, 09:24   Link #32
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Thank Bethesda, now i know why i dislike Oblivion so much. Why does PC games always tries to make their fanbase upgrade their rig everytime a game comes out? No wonder the only things i play on my pc nowdays are old games and MMOs.
Old 2008-05-12, 01:23   Link #33
Jays

Congrats Bethesda for shitting all over the great series that was Fallout, thank you sooo very much for raping the creative works of one of the best ever PC franchises - in my opinion on par with Half Life, StarCraft, ect.

I absolutely hated Oblivion, and just by looking at the scan - thank you for providing - I can already tell that this game is just piece of crap. As a PC gamer, Bethesda just slapped my face.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 10:39   Link #34
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Maybe, Beth want to finish this series before players can finish it .
Old 2008-11-01, 01:58   Link #35
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Anyone playing this one ? Oddly enough, I'm enjoying it very much. Ohhh there's plenty of little things to niggle at but I'm having a blast running through the ruins of washington. Maybe because it's the skeptical outlook i had going into into it.

The graphics are good, especially the environment though like others have said it, your character animation is a bit stiff.

Combats are ok, though I find the cross hair a bit hard to use. Most of the times you ll be relying on VATS and fallback on realtime mode when you are recharging your APs.

Music is good but could be better if they put in more tracks for the radio station since there's so few of them and tends to repeat a lot. Voice Acting is awesome and very impressive in terms of amount and variety.

Last note, I'm playing the PC version. As I understand there's some problem with the PS3 version.
Old 2008-11-01, 06:23   Link #36
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Are you a fan of the previous Fallout games and would like to play it on your XP/Vista OS with no problems?

gog.com is offering Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics to download for $5.99 each and whats even better is the fact there ARE NO DRM SOFTWARE and you can download the installer as many times for free when you bought it the first time!! YEAH!!!

Thank you to the guys of gog.com for making it so simple to buy classical games legally!

Now, i just gonna get some money first.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2008-11-01 at 06:27. Reason: Grammar error
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 09:42   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ok, I'm a huge Fallout fan, and I have to say this. For you Wonnabe Fallout Fans, Don't like the game? THen don't f***ing play it and don't post your Cry baby posts here.

You're lucky enough They revived it, if it wasn't for them there would be no Fallout Sequals at all. and for that, I worship them..

The game isn't half bad at all.... scratch that, I love the game and I loved Oblivion. If you wonna cry about the Equal leveled Enemies then get the PC version and wait for Mods, Until then, Shut the hell up and don't post your pointless blabber here. This topic isn't called "Lets Piss all over this game with our crappy half a**ed rants" So LEAVE!

Now that thats over... I'm going through the GOOD guy play through... its fun and all, but there are so many people I Want to kill for talking to me Wrong... But I'll be doing a Evil play through after i beat it 100%

I can't wait to see Megaton be blown to hell

@ Jazzrat, the Xbox360 and PS3 Version are shit compared to the PC version, I tried all versions and so far the PC version has Faster loading, Better graphics, and Modding available also first dibs on Addons from the company its self.

Aiming is horrible on the Controlers as well, Main reason I didn't like the PS3 version. For Example, I hid behind the Super Duper mart food shelf and waited for the melee guy to come to me around the corner, I had my Combat Shotgun aimed head high and blew his head off without vats, I couldn't do that with the PS3 version because of the Aiming Issues I had.

Again for jazzrat, Kinda hard to find WORKING Disks to play some music, You're lucky theirs music at all Fallout 1 and 2 didn't have music that I Remember (Actual singing)

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2008-11-01 at 10:00.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 09:57   Link #38
Whiteshirt

Quote:
Fallout 1 and 2 didn't have music that I Remember (Actual singing)
It was only ever used at the introduction and the ending.

I'm still surprised that they're still using the Radiant AI for this game considering how incompetent it was in Oblivion. Bethesda makes the strangest choices...
Whiteshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 00:52   Link #39
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
The game isn't half bad at all.... scratch that, I love the game and I loved Oblivion. If you wonna cry about the Equal leveled Enemies then get the PC version ....

Again for jazzrat, Kinda hard to find WORKING Disks to play some music, You're lucky theirs music at all Fallout 1 and 2 didn't have music that I Remember (Actual singing)
Actually the enemy scaling is fine once you get some weapon skill up high to consistently hit them with VATS. The xp you gained from enemy scaling is worth the hassle of fighting them anyway.

As for the musics, i m just nitpicking. Three Dogs and GNR station is great but definitely something they could have expand on (like GTA?). Considering they had Liam Nelson doing the VA, it wouldnt have cost that much more to license some of the oldies from Frank Sinatra, Louise Armstrong or Ella Fitzgerald. Louise and Ella's song was featured before in Fallout 1 & 2 before anyway.

Spoiler for combat tips:

Though the AI does get stuck once in awhile, it's actually quite rare in the PC version. Monster AI are pretty decent especially with the compass system where you only get indicators of which direction the enemy is so if you dont check your six once in awhile in a firefight, you might get a super mutie carving you a new orifice.

All in all, Fallout 3 is great. We all tend to put our classics on the pedestal of awesomeness but let's not forget that Fallout 1 and 2 had it's share of problems as well
Old 2008-11-02, 21:58   Link #40
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I thought the game was decent and a good addition to the fallout universe. My only suggestion is to play it on hard. Medium is a bit too easy, I got to the end of the game and never drop below 20 stimpacks. actually once i broke the 60 packs mark i never dropped below that. I will say that once my house was decked out, i only spend money on stimpacks. That being said I ended up 9k in caps and 160 stimpacks at the "end".

PC version is the way to go if your rig can handle it.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote