AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-11-04, 09:06   Link #1081
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
So how about that club people? Should it be a general regarding all the characters of this anime/game. We should simply call it The Abyss Gang lol
Ok thats a terrible name, but it's a start to break the ice... maybe =)
Well might need to work on that name . But do agree a group wouldn't be a bad thing. The Abyss characters must be spread out further to show how good they are .
Old 2008-11-04, 10:10   Link #1082
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Same here. In the game, I must admit that I didn't like the Luke/Natalia couple at all because it seems like 'let's just have all 3 female chars have an interest in the hero' sake. However, in the anime, you can clearly see that Natalia really really cares for Luke. The flashback makes me want to just support Luke/Natalia even a little. But I'm too much of a Guy/Natalia fan. XD Hopefully, like you said, God General battles won't be cut short. I want a full-out battle soon. =3
I was never really a supporter of Guy and Natalia, or ever really saw anything there other then friendship. I'd go into it more but it would be a huge spoiler so...

I think we could see in the game as well, how much Natalia cared for Luke fon Fabre. Especially about their promise which she has kept in her heart all those years and is a driving force behind many of her actions. But I'd agree that they do make it more apparent in the anime and I love these extra scenes they put in, especially for us who have played the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
So how about that club people? Should it be a general regarding all the characters of this anime/game. We should simply call it The Abyss Gang lol
Ok thats a terrible name, but it's a start to break the ice... maybe =)
As I said before, the pure awesomeness of Jade Curtis cannot be contained within a single social group packed with other characters. It would make the social group explode and cause the end of the interwebz as we know it!
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 11:03   Link #1083
yolin.shana

meh, Jade on his own is nothing, he needs other character to tease =(
yolin.shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 11:43   Link #1084
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Jade's godly awesomeness does not just stem from his teasing of other characters but other storyline aspects that I cannot mention yet. but needless to say, with or without other characters Jade Curtis is undeniably the god of TotA.

Seriously though, we should hold off the social group for a few weeks, see if TotA will get it's own subforum for character discussion.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 14:00   Link #1085
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolin.shana View Post
meh, Jade on his own is nothing, he needs other character to tease =(
I couldn't agree more. A large part of why Jade is great is due to how he interacts with others. On his own, he just thinks to himself most of the time.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 18:12   Link #1086
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Thinking more it was a good call by Largo to use that fonslot seal on Jade instead of Ion. Due to the fact Ion has been proving himself to be as dangerous as an apple. Must suck though to get captured all the time.
Old 2008-11-04, 18:21   Link #1087
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I couldn't agree more. A large part of why Jade is great is due to how he interacts with others. On his own, he just thinks to himself most of the time.
& thinking to himself means we won't hear the wonderful teasing laugh by Koyasu.
Old 2008-11-04, 19:02   Link #1088
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Thinking more it was a good call by Largo to use that fonslot seal on Jade instead of Ion. Due to the fact Ion has been proving himself to be as dangerous as an apple. Must suck though to get captured all the time.
Hence why I refuse to call him master >.>

Unless he has some kungfu ass kicking moves up his sleeves

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 19:31   Link #1089
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Hence why I refuse to call him master >.>

Come on the guy did blast a couple ligers...once...and then was exhausted afterwards. Yeah I guess we're holding back on the praise for now . Guess people will just have to wait for explanations as to what is going on there.
Old 2008-11-04, 19:44   Link #1090
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
I'm trying sooo hard not to say anything.

It's as if there's a hidden joke somewhere in that post. Must... resist... urge...
Old 2008-11-04, 20:37   Link #1091
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Come on the guy did blast a couple ligers...once...and then was exhausted afterwards. Yeah I guess we're holding back on the praise for now . Guess people will just have to wait for explanations as to what is going on there.
Indeed...he blasted them to hell then said "phew, I'm never doing that again *gasps for breath*"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I'm trying sooo hard not to say anything.

It's as if there's a hidden joke somewhere in that post. Must... resist... urge...
Whatever do you mean

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 20:49   Link #1092
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Whatever do you mean
Well, I'm afraid it's a spoiler.

You just said something somewhat ironic.
Old 2008-11-05, 04:47   Link #1093
vspirit
...huh?

Haha. Well he did say Ion. And Ion really is about as harmful as--*thinks*--apple pie.

...okay maybe not since he did do what he did in the Cheagle Woods but you know what I mean. Which makes him about as harmful as, oh I dunno, Mieu?

And Deathkillz could be teasing anyway.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 06:04   Link #1094
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
Haha. Well he did say Ion. And Ion really is about as harmful as--*thinks*--apple pie.
Deathkillz didn't say anything wrong or ridiculous. Well, that's Ion after all.

But I was referring to the idea of an Ion doing martial arts moves which is, well... how should I put it?
Old 2008-11-05, 08:27   Link #1095
vspirit
...huh?

I know. And I understand what you're referring to. What I meant was, I kinda thought Deathkillz is aware and made that comment of his with that same awareness in mind. I mean it can be quite obvious with the event in episode 4 or 5 (forgot which exactly) to those with sharper senses and/or deduction skills. But then I could be wrong. In which case, I think I'd better shut up about it already.

Mmh...there's still only gg's ep 6 that's out. Maybe I should go crunchy it while waiting for the version I want to get released.

EDIT: DOPE! It's not on there yet. Dang. Mmmh...in that case, I think I'll go watch me some Shinzo Ningen Casshan on youtube or something. There's something to be said about these retro anime, mmm...

Last edited by vspirit; 2008-11-05 at 08:42.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 16:53   Link #1096
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post

...okay maybe not since he did do what he did in the Cheagle Woods but you know what I mean. Which makes him about as harmful as, oh I dunno, Mieu?

And Deathkillz could be teasing anyway.
Well Mieu burned down a forest which is more than Ion has done . I know what's going on, but doesn't mean I can't poke fun at Ion anyways.
Old 2008-11-05, 18:23   Link #1097
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I was never really a supporter of Guy and Natalia, or ever really saw anything there other then friendship. I'd go into it more but it would be a huge spoiler so...

I think we could see in the game as well, how much Natalia cared for Luke fon Fabre. Especially about their promise which she has kept in her heart all those years and is a driving force behind many of her actions. But I'd agree that they do make it more apparent in the anime and I love these extra scenes they put in, especially for us who have played the game.
I know Guy/Natalia is not the obvious pairing in this game. XD It goes to someone else/Natalia which I cannot say yet. =X But it's one of those fandom pairings like Zatara from Avatar that can be pulled off in a really creative way if done correctly. But anyways, I understand what you mean. I believe friendship can lead to love eventually. Hehe.

I see the evidence and I see how much Natalia cares for Luke in the game but it's so much more apparent when it's animated on screen I guess. They add a lot of extra scenes for Natalia which makes her even more loveable. I am one of those people who are overjoyed to find Natalia appearing in Episode 1 off the bat. It proves that she knows Luke before Tear and Anise. I can only hope they put more Natalia/Anise scenes because that was amusing.

Quote:
Well Mieu burned down a forest which is more than Ion has done . I know what's going on, but doesn't mean I can't poke fun at Ion anyways.
Don't worry. Poking fun of Ion is always fun. I remember my friends and I used to refer to Ion as the male version of a "Damsel in Distress" type of character. He's the "Master in Distress".
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 20:31   Link #1098
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well might need to work on that name . But do agree a group wouldn't be a bad thing. The Abyss characters must be spread out further to show how good they are .
I created it. I asked something to Manju and he/she replied that :

Quote:
Hmm well Ive never had to alter a fanclub title before but I assume I probably could. Let me know if you make it and if you need changes and Ill see what I can do.
So, if/when we want to change the Title, I will ask it her/him

The club > http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=170

I tried to write a good description to avoid some mistakes. If it's not good >o<, just tell me
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 20:52   Link #1099
Darkurai

Figured shipping would show up here sooner or later.

If you do not support LargoxMohs, you are not a true fan.

Spoiler:
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 21:11   Link #1100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The club > http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=170

I tried to write a good description to avoid some mistakes. If it's not good >o<, just tell me
I think the title is solid . Information is good and definitely lays out the purpose of the club. All that's left is getting the people in. Good mention of Deathkillz's work on the series since its always fun to read. If your planning on adding a few blogs to the links list I fully give permission to use what I've done on the series .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkurai View Post
Figured shipping would show up here sooner or later.
Makes sense that some likable characters would eventually cause shipping to come together.

Tags
fantasy