AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-17, 15:00   Link #1521
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Doubt that Gundam 00 would influence him at all. You gotta remember what Bandai (and Fukuda) REALLY cares about, and that's commercial success. On that end Destiny was MUCH MUCH better. So while the movie probably wouldn't be a disaster like Destiny plotwise (since Morosawa's had like, what, 4 years to write the script), I think they'll try to stick to their "successful" formula of bishounen angst and beam spamming mobile suits that appeals to the legions of Japanese kids and teenage girls everywhere.
True, but I gotta believe (being a Arts person myself) that some part of him wants to wipe the bad taste outta his mouth that he even admitted to after the GSD collapse (He said something along the lines of it being 'the most disappointing effort of his career')...And being a director (like being anything else), I have to believe has an element of competitiveness (like in coaching or in business--You wanna be respected by your peers or roast their a$$ess)...I don't think it's too much to think that if he watches Gundam 00 that he might be motivated even morso to create a better work...I'm not suggesting that he tells a story outside of his element or totally flips the script, but to create a work that's good within the confines of his own style (I think most would agree SEED was atleast this)...Additionally I don't think the Bandai pressure means much in terms of this since he was always gonna have to incorporate a commercial-marketing strategy into the work inwhich every Gundam director has to face...So I'm saying he can be better with all of the expressed points you made intact...Because that's what being a professional is all about...
Old 2009-01-17, 15:47   Link #1522
zalem

Oh thank god they finally started moving on this. I'm actually actually optimistic about it as well. GSD was a mess, but I'm hoping with so much time to work on the movie it will be decent. It's not something massive like a tv series afterall and Fukuda/Morosawa do have the capability of putting out something good when they put effort into it (at least I enjoyed GS). I hope we get something different from the usual "let's point a WMD at earth" thing though. We need an interesting villain.
Old 2009-01-17, 15:55   Link #1523
T.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
WTH,the Seed movie will finally enter preproduction process?
Is it true or another joke made by fans. I wonder what the storyline will it be,hopefullly Shinn return with badass Destiny gundam.
Thus "GundamCE0093: SHINN'S COUNTERATTACK" was born...

Though if Mitsuo Fukuda's comment is anything to go by, we might see an Allstar Kira+Athrun+Shinn+Lacus+Cagalli team, against whoever's left of Phantom Pain, fighting fest.

More seriously though, I'm curious as to what it will amount, and I hope -for both them, and us as the viewing public- he and Chiaki Morosawa have learned the neccesary lessons from their GSDestiny period.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 16:25   Link #1524
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.V. View Post

Though if Mitsuo Fukuda's comment is anything to go by, we might see an Allstar Kira+Athrun+Shinn+Lacus+Cagalli team, against whoever's left of Phantom Pain, fighting fest.
Wait, I thought all he said was something about the movie being in preproduction, is there more that he said?
Old 2009-01-17, 17:15   Link #1525
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Oh thank god they finally started moving on this. I'm actually actually optimistic about it as well. GSD was a mess, but I'm hoping with so much time to work on the movie it will be decent. It's not something massive like a tv series afterall and Fukuda/Morosawa do have the capability of putting out something good when they put effort into it (at least I enjoyed GS). I hope we get something different from the usual "let's point a WMD at earth" thing though. We need an interesting villain.

I prefer a googolplex times better take years making the movie production and story than just making it faster to make money. I support you
Old 2009-01-17, 19:32   Link #1526
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Wait, I thought all he said was something about the movie being in preproduction, is there more that he said?
When it was first announced in like 2007 or something there was a trailer showing those five characters... I don't remember him actually saying anything about them.
Old 2009-01-17, 20:22   Link #1527
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Isn't Stellar supposed to play some sort of role in the movie?
Old 2009-01-17, 21:02   Link #1528
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Stellar VA has stated that Stellar would have some role in the movies.I think it is for another Naked NT moment for Shinn.

I rather have Kira+Athrun+Shinn+Mwu than Kira+Athrun+Shinn+Cagalli.I want to see the return of the invicible Dom Trooper with new upgrade that is.
Old 2009-01-20, 10:33   Link #1529
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well i guess there might be gsm on gundam 30?

& if gsm is shown do anyone guess for a 3rd gs series might be happen to gundam world???
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 11:26   Link #1530
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Stellar VA has stated that Stellar would have some role in the movies.I think it is for another Naked NT moment for Shinn.
Please, don't be crass. It will be a naked NT flashback moment. This is Seed, remember.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 15:10   Link #1531
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Lol, finally people are admitting that the Seed movie is actually real.

Btw, the film poster? :P

Old 2009-01-20, 19:49   Link #1532
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well i guess there might be gsm on gundam 30?
No, as I said, if its only going to be officially announced this year, it'll likely be released next year for the 31st anniversary...

Quote:
& if gsm is shown do anyone guess for a 3rd gs series might be happen to gundam world???
Depends on how well the movie does commercially I guess... Since 00 isn't getting the ratings and sales that Seed (Destiny) got, I can see Sunrise going back to the Seed universe if they see that the fanbase is still there. (though personally, unless the movie really blows us all away, I think they should just move on)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Lol, finally people are admitting that the Seed movie is actually real.
Who said it wasn't? It was just in development hell, and now there's *some* news that it might be worked on....

But while its real, until we actually see some actual news (your fake poster doesn't count) I have to say that it is still as real as, say, Duke Nukem Forever.
Old 2009-01-20, 21:42   Link #1533
Kenshin3
Gundam Wing Zero

GSD was great...I saw no problem with, I was so scared because of all the bad I had heard about it, but I enjoyed it only a lil bit less than the original.

It woulda been nicer if shin wasn't athrun's clone (lookalike) and if there weren't so many flashbacks...but otherwise, I liked the series..even though the impulse was a crappy gundam..seeing freedom's re-entrance was priceless.
Kenshin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:40   Link #1534
zalem

Eh? Shinn neither looked nor acted anything remotely like Athrun. I'd hardly call him a clone. I'd say it would have been nicer if Shinn wasn't such a brat in the beginning. But he did grow on me eventually, so maybe that's ok.
Old 2009-01-20, 23:11   Link #1535
Kenshin3
Gundam Wing Zero

then i suppose its just me, but shinn to me was athrun with purple instead of black hair.

I got them mixed up the first like 2 eps of the show..
Old 2009-01-20, 23:14   Link #1536
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin3 View Post
then i suppose its just me, but shinn to me was athrun with purple instead of black hair.

I got them mixed up the first like 2 eps of the show..
'cept Shinn has black hair while Athrun has blue hair. >___>
Old 2009-01-20, 23:23   Link #1537
zalem

Not only is the hairstyle totally different, so is the hair color. They look nothing alike. I think Shinn looks closer in looks to Kira if there is anyone he looks similar to and even that vague similarity is not that close.
Old 2009-01-20, 23:53   Link #1538
Kenshin3
Gundam Wing Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
'cept Shinn has black hair while Athrun has blue hair. >___>
thats what I meant, I was making sure you paying attention..
Old 2009-01-20, 23:54   Link #1539
Kenshin3
Gundam Wing Zero

Quote:
Not only is the hairstyle totally different, so is the hair color. They look nothing alike. I think Shinn looks closer in looks to Kira if there is anyone he looks similar to and even that vague similarity is not that close.
..nahhh, athrun n shin definately..

but hey i could be wrong..which apperntly i am
Old 2009-01-21, 09:53   Link #1540
Paladinoras
Pancakes

The edit button. .. USE IT!

And, no, Athrun and Shinn are totally different. Even in Character Design.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep