AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 26 36.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 38.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-20, 07:59   Link #61
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

10/10 from me

I enjoy to see Tohru and Minchi in this episode although I feel sad for Minchi

Ohana finally realized her own weakness and have more time to think rather than shouting and talking
well, I hate the Igarashi-girl but thanks to her, Ohana can give more clue about her real feeling to Koichi~chan

Ko~chan.... please don't give up that fast... Don't trust Ohana's words.... just keep pursuing her... (I'm a bad guy, right?? but I actually support Ohana's role as antagonist... xD )

although I hope there will be another Tokyo's scene, but we need to go back to the original settings of this anime...
It will be fun if Satsuki arrives in Kissuiso.... Now we can see how she will fix Kissuiso.... Satsuki + Ohana = more fun and noise in Kissuiso... lol
Old 2011-06-20, 09:46   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
@Kanon - is it a sub-plot, or is it the plot?
I sure hope it's the former

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
I feel the same way, but I heard ep 14 is going to introduce
Spoiler for ep14:

so if we're unlucky, the romance aspect might take up the majority of the series indeed........I hope not, though. Romance already ruined AnoHana for me lol xD
If it's different enough from the romance we've seen in the series so far and it doesn't involve a triangle (if they make a Yuina -> some dude -> Nako triangle, I'm going to get very annoyed), I'm fine with it. After all, this is a coming of age story, and romance is part of growing up too. At any rate, I'm all for some Yuina exposition.

The reason I want the Ko storyline to end is that I feel they've already done everything they could do with it. It can only keep going in circles if they leave it as is. Those last couple episodes have emphasized the need for Ohana to reply to Ko's confession and give him (and herself) closure. It's time to do just that. They can't keep stretching this storyline out for another 12 episodes, especially since they seem fully intent on involving Ohana in yet another love triangle. Futhermore, I'm conviced Ohana will remain at the inn, so she'll have to friendzone Ko down the line; better for it to happen sooner than later, for everybody's sake. Ko himself is obviously tired of waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Well they ARE chefs. They got to go and sample lots of different kinds of food when they're out on this sort of outing. Tohru seems to have pretty solidly *apprentice zoned* Minko here and bassically is treating her like how he'd treat any other person in a similar circumstance.
I was actually pretty surprised that we saw Ko this soon after the fever episode. I doubt we'll be seeing him for awhile.
True, it appears Tooru has apprenticezoned Minko pretty hard, but she is still a girl nonetheless. Besides, he shouldn't treat anybody that way, regardless of their gender. While I understand the "you have to finish your plate" mentality, I think forcing someone to eat until they have to puke is even more disrespectful to the food/chef, as well as to the person eating.
Old 2011-06-20, 10:11   Link #63
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I'm not even sure what else to say everythings been covered.

But Satsuki in this episode has provern, I think to understand her daughter very well and is even afraid of losing her to Kisuisso as shown as when she is talking to Tohru about the first thing Ohana said when she came back to Tokyo... yeah she really does care for her but has trouble expressing it, very similar to Sui...

The whole Ko situation while coming to a semi close is not over, Ohana's answer was that she wanted to stop relying on him while not giving him a proper answer at least from what I interpreted from the whole conversation. Suffice to say we will see Ko soon enough in the second cour great episode, though IMO not as high tension as Episode 11...

9/10
Old 2011-06-20, 10:35   Link #64
Peanutbutter

Now that I really went through the episode, just some thoughts here:

- If this was real life, Kou-chan will be going out with the bookshop girl the next time Ohana sees him, if there is a next time. But since this is not real life, things will be different.

I feel that Kou-chan will continue to wait for Ohana. It's not only the mother who understands Ohana, Kou-chan understands her as well. As Tohru said, Ohana's face says everything. Kou-chan, being the nice guy developed so far, will hope the day Ohana replies him to come.

Their conversation was a closure, but definitely not the end. It was a nice way to end the first half and move on to more meaty stuff that needs to be resolved.

If more Yuina stuff is true, then perhaps this might be a way Ohana will see herself, that may help push her a bit more.

- Minchi was surprisingly calm for understanding so much. She's like the Kou-chan before confession, I feel. She'll wait for Tohru if need be. Her role needs to be resolved as well.

- Satsuki's decision was surprising, but at least it managed to lead to two points, one, how much Sui-Satsuki-Ohana are alike and how it really runs in the family and two, how it will speedily lead to her vs her mother.

I still can't get over Hikasa Yoko as a young Enishi. My god, can I call that versatility? Maybe not compared to others, but it was still stunning to see her name in the credits.
Old 2011-06-20, 15:35   Link #65
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I can't say I was quite satisfied regarding how things ended with Satsuki in general, but the episode was more or less fine... if it wasn't for Ohana being more and more a thorn in the side, in my book.
Spoiler for character rant:
Old 2011-06-20, 15:42   Link #66
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

4/10 for me.

I don't generally care much for kids who're unrealistically wise beyond their years, but in ohana's case I find myself wondering how the hell she can even manage to go to the toilet by herself. I can't help but think she gets dimmer by the episode.

This makes me wonder what criteria people that give a 'perfect 10' use.
Old 2011-06-20, 17:10   Link #67
DorkingtonPugsly

I just hope that the rest of the series will stay as good as the first half. Although I highly doubt it could go wrong, the series still has a lot of conflicts to solve in the next 12 episodes. I liked this episode a lot like last weeks and the drama was pretty good too. The pace and everything else felt great so I give it a 9/10. A great ending to the first half.
Old 2011-06-20, 21:57   Link #68
FMeral16

I don't dislike Ko nearly as much as I did earlier in the series, but don't wish to see or hear from him again in any significant way. Relationship drama isn't a bad thing, and sparks a lot of nice conversation, but the other parts of this show are just so much better to me. And with five players in this current love polygon, it's grabbing a bit too much attention. Let's just pray they don't start trolling us with Satsuki x Tohru flags... people are already having fun with predictions based on their interactions so far.

Ko is such a simple/boring character (especially compared to the cast at Kissuiso) that this much of the show should not be related to him. And how Ohana deals with all the romantic drama really makes me begin to dislike her character. After 3-4 episodes I was already thinking in my head that she could end up being one of my favorite female characters of all time. But then the Ko mess emerged and she got annoying. So, I hope she grows up from this quick, moves on from Ko and turns back to face the issues at Kissuiso and her new life, although I doubt it happens as cleanly as I'd like (or at all).
Old 2011-06-21, 00:08   Link #69
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wow, an outstanding episode. its really picked up in the last few weeks. the first half was near perfect, and the second half was only a slight drop, if that. i enjoyed the drama in the first half with Ohana and the other girl. the other girl is completely right in what she said. just like how Ohana's mom and in Ohana's mom's flashback, the manager was completely right.

also, Satsuki as a teenager = wow

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-06-21, 00:54   Link #70
revive4563

I like this episode. The trio functions well, as always Minko is pure maiden while Ohana is too slow.

In a word, Minko is cutest.

btw I really think Tohru is in danger because Ohana's mom is a hunter.
Old 2011-06-21, 11:14   Link #71
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ohana needs her shiznit straightened out. Fuckin Minchi gets the shaft in all this..

;__;
Old 2011-06-21, 11:33   Link #72
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
On one hand, I'm glad Ko gave Ohana the cold shoulder, she was yanking him around on a chain, and he decided he wasn't having anymore of that and manned up, good for him, he gets big points for that.

On the other hand, now Tohru is gonna be all up in her mix now that Ko is out of the picture, and who wants to see more of that guy. Hopefully he hooks up with Ohana's mom or something.

Minchi looking good this episode. Maybe she's starting to see that Tohru is batshit insane and she should bail out, or maybe she understands that it's a shitty crush she has and she'll get over it. Points to her too!

Quote:
ust in response to your review, I have to say that I also didn't exactly appreciate how Ko simply gave up on Ohana as well when she had also made it pretty clear that she was understanding her wrongdoings. I think there was more than enough ground for him to give her another chance, particularly in light of glasses girl. As likeable as she is, she's too obsessed over the romance angle. Ohana's got much more variety as a character.
Glasses girl know what she wants and goes for it, which is more than you can say for...pretty much everyone else in this show. she actually has a spine. But I guess that isn't very exciting for the viewer huh.
Old 2011-06-22, 06:08   Link #73
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The next time Ko meet Ohana, i expect it will be either awkward or both have already moved on...

I hope Minchi will still get Tohru through, even when it's possible that we will have an unresolved ending
Old 2011-06-22, 11:37   Link #74
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't say I was quite satisfied regarding how things ended with Satsuki in general, but the episode was more or less fine... if it wasn't for Ohana being more and more a thorn in the side, in my book.
Spoiler for character rant:
THIS! Its refreshing to see I am not alone in how I feel about Ohana. I am frankly quite tired of her internal dialogue which is nothing but her wallowing in self-pity.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
Old 2011-06-22, 14:08   Link #75
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'm late to the party... again, bummer.

Anyway, I think we're done with Ko now. He did the "see ya" or whatever at the end of their phone call. And while I think Ohana is split 50-50 in regards to her feelings for him too. Without her seeing him everyday, she'll just stay like that. The guy should just give up, but he's got it bad if he totally turns down a hella cute girl while the one he confessed to is no where near, lol.

Now then, can we get some Nako action pleaaasse.
Old 2011-06-22, 15:58   Link #76
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
After thinking on it a bit more, I think that Ohana's main issue is this: She wants her relationship with Ko to remain as it was prior to his romantic confession to her.

She's not quite ready for serious romance in her life, but she greatly values Ko as her friend.

This puts her in a catch 22: She either accepts a romance that she doesn't feel up to, or she formally rejects Ko which she probably fears will ruin their friendship.

So, with this in mind, I think that the definitive impact of Ko's confession is how it contributes to Ohana's broader "coming of age". In other words, she's learning that things can't always stay the same, and that change is inevitable in life.

First she had to adapt to that through moving from the city to the relatively rural Inn.

Now she's having to adapt to that at a broader relationship level.

So the romantic conflicts in this anime are not existing in a vacuum. Ohana is at the center of them, and these conflicts are primarily meant to contribute to her coming of age story as presented in this anime.
Old 2011-06-22, 21:34   Link #77
Grey

So Ohana's trying to change herself, and Kou is like a comfort zone and her past so she can't answer his feelings unless she's settled her new self. I wonder if the anime will go full circle and have them be together again after Ohana feels stronger and more independent, or if we'll get a time skip epilogue with Ohana on her own as the new manager of Kissuiso. Or something else entirely.
Old 2011-06-22, 22:42   Link #78
Lessing-love

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekHuntress View Post
THIS! Its refreshing to see I am not alone in how I feel about Ohana. I am frankly quite tired of her internal dialogue which is nothing but her wallowing in self-pity.
You're so right about her pity party tendencies. But I think it's really realistic. Many, many teenagers are kind of immature, self absorbed, and pathetic. This doesn't always make them fundamentally unlovable as characters, but you have to admit that immature teenagers are hard to like at times.
I love Ohana, but this doesn't change the fact I also frequently hate her and want to smack her upside the head.
Old 2011-06-24, 11:26   Link #79
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

I don't think Ohana understands what's she's supposed to do. Igarashi (glasses girl) tells her to hurry up and make certain of her feelings, love or not. So when Ohana has that talk with Ko, she realizes she's been screwing around with his feelings but instead of giving an answer to his confession, she decides not to rely on him any more? "You don't need to come to Kissuiso with me,"... Was she more concerned about getting her mom to Kissuiso than Ko's confession? I don't think she understood what glasses girl was trying to tell her. :/
Old 2011-06-25, 14:36   Link #80
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
It's possible that they're some kind of bizzaro alien species that creates hyper powerful Bene Gesserit female clone offspring, while spawning pitiful and weak men.
Hah! Such is anime-land, frequently. But considering all things we may get a tweest!

In before Tooru seckses Satsuki.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread