Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 21:26   Link #381
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I do make a good seafood chowder when I am in the mood for cooking something that little bit different. I mostly live off chicken stirfry, minced beef, or curries, with noodles, rice or pasta when I am in college. Those are quick to make and inexpensive.
I'd like to make a fish chowder sometime; thick, creamy, white broth like New England clam chowder, with some corn and white potatoes and onion and with cod or haddock, or both. I gotta find a seafood restaurant that will sell me some fish stock. I don't wanna make my own. Requires fish heads. Don't wanna mess around with that stuff.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:04   Link #382
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I'll most likely be having cheap ramen tonight. However, I'm going to try and pretend it's this. Wish me luck!

Endless "Hungry" Soul
Old 2012-07-20, 15:48   Link #383
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I'll most likely be having cheap ramen tonight. However, I'm going to try and pretend it's this. Wish me luck!

Endless "Hungry" Soul
It might be cheap ramen, but it's still a warm meal

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 10:24   Link #384
Tigress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I'd like to make a fish chowder sometime; thick, creamy, white broth like New England clam chowder, with some corn and white potatoes and onion and with cod or haddock, or both. I gotta find a seafood restaurant that will sell me some fish stock. I don't wanna make my own. Requires fish heads. Don't wanna mess around with that stuff.
No fish heads for me either. I am not into getting my hands TOO dirty. Tesco sells fish stock which is a large UK supermarket. I am sure bigger stores where you are would too.
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 13:03   Link #385
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
No fish heads for me either. I am not into getting my hands TOO dirty. Tesco sells fish stock which is a large UK supermarket. I am sure bigger stores where you are would too.
Speaking of fish heads. Whether fry, grilled, etc... fish heads are my first aimed part of the fish. Its tasty. Same as the tail. Hmmmm...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 16:45   Link #386
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Made spaghetti and added a little bruschetta topping at the centre and some scrambled egg to go with it. I ran out of cream for the egg, but I would rather took some of my friend's cream than adding milk into it. I know some people prefer milk in their scrambled eggs, but I prefer cream cause the eggs will be creamier.

Old 2012-07-23, 11:30   Link #387
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

How to make a Big Mac.

Old 2012-07-30, 11:55   Link #388
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I am exceptionally hungry today, because I went to work without breakfast, so I made a large meal for myself. It's ayam masak merah aka spicy tomato chicken. I also added fish because I ran out of chicken.

Old 2012-07-30, 12:20   Link #389
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

^ now that dish with some decoration and high presentation could be a prized dish in some fancy restaurant
Old 2012-07-31, 10:40   Link #390
pepper_begs

Around here, rainier cherries are in season and they are really cheap and really good this year. $2.59 a pound.

Also pan-fried noodles are a great quick lunch.
pepper_begs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:46   Link #391
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I wanna try this recipe I found. Sounds good. This is the recipe for 4 servings. Alter to what servings you'd like.

Zucchini Stuffed with Minted Rice and Lamb

Ingredients:

4 each Fresh medium zucchini squash
11/2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 teaspoon Salt, divided
1 each Large sweet onion, finely chopped
4 each Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
6 oz Ground lamb, 80% lean
1/2 cup Long grain white rice, dry
2 each Medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2/3 cup Water
1/2 cup Currants, dried
1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon Minced fresh mint
1/2 cup Chopped fresh parsley
8 each Italian parsley sprigs

Directions:

1. Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 425F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Halve each zucchini lengthwise. Scoop out (and reserve) most of the flesh with a spoon, leaving sides of shells about 3.8 inch thick. Brush interiors of shells with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle evenly with 1.2 tsp. of the pepper. Place zucchini shells cut side down on baking sheet and roast until theyfre slightly softened and have given up some of their moisture, about 10 minutes. Donft over-roast, or shells can get soggy. Turn zucchini shells over on baking sheet, and set aside.
3. While shells roast, chop reserved zucchini flesh into roughly 1.2-inch pieces. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3.4 tsp. of the oil on high. Add chopped zucchini and 1.4 tsp. of the salt and cook, stirring frequently, until it just begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Remove zucchini to a paper towel.lined plate and set aside. Add remaining 3.4 tsp. oil to skillet and heat on medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cinnamon and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 40 seconds.
4. Add lamb and cook, stirring and breaking up the clumps, until the meat loses its raw color, about 2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, remaining 1.4 tsp. salt, and water, and bring to a simmer. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Add cooked zucchini, currants, lemon juice, mint, parsley, and remaining 1.2 tsp. pepper to lamb, and stir to mix. Divide filling evenly among zucchini shells on baking sheet, mounding and packing it in lightly. (May be prepared 1 day in advance and stored, refrigerated, in an airtight container. Allow extra 10 to 15 minutes cooking time to heat chilled zucchini). Roast stuffed zucchini until heated through, about 7 minutes. Serve immediately, garnishing each half with a parsley sprig, if desired.
Old 2012-08-07, 14:50   Link #392
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Can someone tell me how to add starch to a dish with some green leafy veggie similar to bok choy and shrimp?

I -hate- starch and never put it in my meals. But this is a special occasion and I want starch for a stronger taste and make it more... saucy?

I want to avoid starch clumps which tastes terrible imo. I don't need specifics. Just the general gist of whether it's at the very beginning with water? or what.

There's gonna be salt, garlic and some really light misc seasoning. Because I make everything overwhelmingly spicy, I need this to be a lot more moderate.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 14:55   Link #393
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Can someone tell me how to add starch to a dish with some green leafy veggie similar to bok choy and shrimp?

I -hate- starch and never put it in my meals. But this is a special occasion and I want starch for a stronger taste and make it more... saucy?

I want to avoid starch clumps which tastes terrible imo. I don't need specifics. Just the general gist of whether it's at the very beginning with water? or what.

There's gonna be salt, garlic and some really light misc seasoning. Because I make everything overwhelmingly spicy, I need this to be a lot more moderate.
Sift the cornflour first, then dissolve in a small cup of cool water. Then pour a little at a time, all the while stirring the dish.

Old 2012-08-07, 14:59   Link #394
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Ah okay, thanks! I would of just dumped it directly into the pan hurr durr
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 15:24   Link #395
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I cooked kimchi jjigae (a Korean dish) for today's dinner. The weather's been chilly these days, and I couldn't think of a better dish than this one. I opted for tuna rather than beef, because I have never been a beef lover.

Old 2012-08-07, 15:30   Link #396
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Looks good. What are some of the key ingredients in it?

I'm having bone-in pork chops for dinner. I'll have them with applesauce on them and a side or two.
Old 2012-08-07, 16:26   Link #397
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

You need kimchi (Korean style fermented veges), gochujang (hot pepper paste), tuna, chicken broth and tofu. Spring onion is optional. You can replace tuna with pork belly or beef.

You can easily search for any kimchi jjigae recipes on the net. It's a very popular and common Korean dish, so you shouldn't have a hard time searching for one.

Old 2012-08-07, 18:38   Link #398
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
You need kimchi (Korean style fermented veges), gochujang (hot pepper paste), tuna, chicken broth and tofu. Spring onion is optional. You can replace tuna with pork belly or beef.

You can easily search for any kimchi jjigae recipes on the net. It's a very popular and common Korean dish, so you shouldn't have a hard time searching for one.
What would be a bit hard for me is getting some of the ingredients. I have to check out this one Asian supermarket in my state. It is about 30-35 minutes to drive to. I've been to an Asian supermarket in another state, but not in this state I've been in for the last several years. I should go there with a list of things to get.
Old 2012-08-08, 01:15   Link #399
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Have you tried this site:

http://www.hmart.com/

It's in the US, so delivery should not be a problem.

Old 2012-08-08, 01:37   Link #400
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I bookmarked it. Thanks for sharing the link.