AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-20, 08:41   Link #6001
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I don't know what's cuter, that there are people who think Tebow can play QB, or that Tebow himself thinks he can play QB.
I think it's cuter that the Jets think anyone would want Sanchez's ridiculous monster contract after the bullshit seasons he's had.

Say what you want about Tebow, but at least he never butt fumbled.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 10:00   Link #6002
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't think anyone would want Sanchez even if that heavily inflated contract didn't exist.

Tebow can make his way somehow in Florida, be it with Jacksonville or other ventures. Apparently he opened some stuff with Chris Jericho in Florida so he does have other prospects if an NFL career doesn't pan out.

Matt Flynn is the forgotten player. You'd figure one of those clubs in dire need of a QB would try to get him. Not like Seattle has plans to use Flynn the way Russel Wilson is going.
Old 2012-12-20, 10:50   Link #6003
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Tebow can make his way somehow in Florida, be it with Jacksonville or other ventures. Apparently he opened some stuff with Chris Jericho in Florida so he does have other prospects if an NFL career doesn't pan out.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 19:39   Link #6004
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Tebow is shit.

Anyways, I'm going to be popping off some cold ones as Seattle makes the Niners cry. Like little girls.
Right, just like the last four times where the Seahawks have lost.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 01:23   Link #6005
TiaxZatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Jets will look into trading away Sanchez' contract this offseason. Tebow will be gone, too.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ording-sources
LOL. Mike Tannenbaum is an idiot.
TiaxZatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 09:10   Link #6006
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Calvin Johnson breaks Jerry Rice's receiving yards record for a single NFL season and Michael Irvin's record of consecutive 100+ yards games. But, as usual, not enough allies and Atlanta sink Detroit. From 10-6 last year to 4-11 is quite a fall.
Old 2012-12-23, 12:11   Link #6007
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Calvin Johnson breaks Jerry Rice's receiving yards record for a single NFL season and Michael Irvin's record of consecutive 100+ yards games. But, as usual, not enough allies and Atlanta sink Detroit. From 10-6 last year to 4-11 is quite a fall.
Congrats to Johnson for breaking the record, sorry about his team's record though. Pretty much the Lions defense has been non-existent this season along with a running game on the offense. The Lion's show that having a great passing game alone is NOT enough to actually win like some people seem to believe in the league now.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 12:17   Link #6008
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
The Lion's show that having a great Matt Stafford to Calvin Johnson game alone is NOT enough to actually win like some people seem to believe in the league now.
Fixed but yeah, agree. There is only so much Megatron can do for them. I hope he doesn't end up in a quagmire like Larry Fitzgerald is at Arizona. Best receivers in the league being stuck on bogus teams is rather ironic.

Just a thought - where would Trent Richardson be in the ranking for Rookie of the Year? He's been quite solid, broken the rookie record for TDs in a season and helped make Cleveland somewhat competent on offense. I feel Richardson has really been one of the most overlooked people this year considering he was the #3 pick. RG3, Luck and Wilson seem to get all the attention but no surprise since they're all in playoff mode teams.
Old 2012-12-23, 12:23   Link #6009
GDB

Trent Richardson isn't even on the radar for RotY. Onus isn't on him, necessarily, but on his coaches for not playing him as much as the 3rd overall should've been.

It'll definitely be either RGIII, Luck, or Wilson, and it'll likely come down to whoever gets further in the playoffs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 16:39   Link #6010
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Man, Dallas played hard to come back, but it looks like New Orleans is going to win after a 25 yard fumble forward to the two yard line. That kinda bothers me, tbh.

The AFC is set team-wise, the only thing that can change is homefield between Denver and Houston and who is the division winner or wildcard team between Baltimore and Cincy next week.

NFC is still very much up in the air.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 18:40   Link #6011
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

That Pats game was fugly.

But hey we got the win right?
Old 2012-12-23, 19:26   Link #6012
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I was never like FDW, and thinking the Manning experiment was going to crash and burn, but I also never imagined they'd have this record with a legitimate chance at the SB. I was thinking 8-9 wins, tops, as I thought no matter how good you are as a QB, you've still lost the edge of not having played for a year.

But, it's not just Manning. The whole team seems to have stepped up, or Tebow was so bad that I just never noticed there was anything actually good about Denver last year.

If the Patriots have a re-match with Denver, you have to really like Denver's odds this time around.

As for my Bears, gawd their O continues to suck balls. It's a good thing they're playing Arizona, about the closest thing to a freebie as you're going to get in the NFL today. I don't even care if they don't make the playoffs. I just don't see any conceivable way they would win any games there.

Here's hoping Seattle creams the Niners tonight. I'll be missing the game, but I have a feeling it'll be the best game outside of NO-Cowboys today.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 19:53   Link #6013
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Not quite sure how Dallas couldn't get any sacks onto Brees. No picks on either side in a near 1k yeard combined game is also bewildering.
Old 2012-12-23, 20:31   Link #6014
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

And what is probably the single most important game left in the regular season has started…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 21:22   Link #6015
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And Seattle are up 21-0 just a minute into the 2nd quarter. Pretty one-sided so far...
Old 2012-12-23, 21:56   Link #6016
sky black swordman

Quote:
Anyways, I'm going to be popping off some cold ones as Seattle makes the Niners cry. Like little girls.
This may become a reality yet, with Seattle up 28 -3

Pete Carrol was head coach of the USC Trojans and Jim Harbaugh was the head coach of USC rival Stanford, I find that little fact interesting.
Old 2012-12-23, 21:59   Link #6017
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Managed to get back early.

lol@niners

Seattle is making it look so easy. Guess I was wrong that it'd be a good game, though it is very entertaining. Wilson needs 3 more TDs to beat Peyton Manning's rookie record? Maybe then he'll finally get some consideration for RotY?

Wonder what the odds are that Smith is put into the game in the second half.

If I was Carroll, considering the history between these two teams, hehehe, I'd start onside kicking it with this lead.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 22:25   Link #6018
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Managed to get back early.

lol@niners

Seattle is making it look so easy. Guess I was wrong that it'd be a good game, though it is very entertaining. Wilson needs 3 more TDs to beat Peyton Manning's rookie record? Maybe then he'll finally get some consideration for RotY?
Why do you think that he isn't?

Quote:
Wonder what the odds are that Smith is put into the game in the second half.
Kaep gets injured.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 22:30   Link #6019
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Wilson has been mentioned for ROTY often, he just probably won't win. Seattle was a team that was considered on the cusp of being a contender that just needed better QB play to succeed. Indy was predicted to be a multi-year work in progress that was projected to have another top 5 pick in the 2013 draft and Washington wasn't really looking any better.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 22:45   Link #6020
sky black swordman

The score is now 35-6, at this pace it looks like a loss for the 49ers.

Tags
american football, sports