AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 18:04   Link #2841
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Let's face it, "ideal Japanese relationship" or not, KiraxLacus was not developed properly or written all that well. I know a lot of you are going to hate hearing that, but it's the truth. SEED, like so many other Gundam shows, had poor romantic writing.
Whether or not there is poor writing involved is your opinion, and you're free to think what you want to think, but nevertheless they are still a legitimate couple.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 19:48   Link #2842
casval cehack

IMO, KiraXLacus appears to be poorly written IN comparison with KiraXFllay relationship ride.

Ok, would someone think of AsuranXLacus! They were also a legitimate couple.
Old 2012-01-21, 20:06   Link #2843
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Ok, would someone think of AsuranXLacus! They were also a legitimate couple.
The key word there is "were."

And as much as I would've preferred it to turn out otherwise, it also applies to Kira and Flay. So I'd rather not dwell on what could've been.
Old 2012-01-21, 20:28   Link #2844
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Kira and Lacus definitely are a legitimate couple. I think the point is that they're a bit odd in how little chemistry they have. It's sometimes a little like watching Kira date a brick, with all the emotion going on there
This is then remedied by having a few scenes thrown in where they nod at each other or hug for a moment (some of which were really good, I loved the reunion at the end of Destiny for example).
To be fair, Lacus seems disinterested in all her relationships: she's only mildly more awkward with Asuran, nonetheless they were legitimate as well. So this seems to be Lacus' problem entirely, since both of the guys she dated were way more lively in their other relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
IMO, KiraXLacus appears to be poorly written IN comparison with KiraXFllay relationship ride.
Yes, it didn't help that KiraxFllay had much more character development etc going for it. But neither did Lacus' insistence on having very little personality.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 20:48   Link #2845
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Kira and Lacus definitely are a legitimate couple. I think the point is that they're a bit odd in how little chemistry they have.
Actually, they have more chemistry than at least any other non-adult SEED/Destiny couples. What they lack is, well, a little drama in their relationship. The closest they got so far is Lacus being a little annoyed that Kira doesn't really have an opinion on what Lacus wear.
Old 2012-01-21, 20:49   Link #2846
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
And as much as I would've preferred it to turn out otherwise, it also applies to Kira and Flay. So I'd rather not dwell on what could've been.
With what has happened to Kira applied, I don't see a case that's supposed to be a silver lining. Kira's become an even self-righteous, pompous arrogant guy who runs around forcing his ideals to everybody else's throats.

Quote:
Actually, they have more chemistry than at least any other non-adult SEED/Destiny couples. What they lack is, well, a little drama.
What chemistry or lack thereof?

It has always been an awkward situation, just look at the shopping scene in Destiny. It's not the lack of drama, it's the lack of personality. It's a cardboard cutout couple, being shoved to our throats with no proper build-up.
Old 2012-01-21, 20:50   Link #2847
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
With what has happened to Kira applied, I don't see a case that's supposed to be a silver lining. Kira's become an even self-righteous, pompous arrogant guy who runs around forcing his ideals to everybody else's throats.
What does that have to do with my statement?
Old 2012-01-21, 20:54   Link #2848
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
What does that have to do with my statement?
It means that if the past is better than the present, why stick to the present, this is a fictional universe where time isn't of the essence after all.
If you pursue this otherwise, then why is gundam circlejerking the same Zeon/Federation conflict everytime, if they weren't attached to the past?
Old 2012-01-21, 21:01   Link #2849
monster

Quote:
What chemistry or lack thereof?

It has always been an awkward situation, just look at the shopping scene in Destiny. It's not the lack of drama, it's the lack of personality. It's a cardboard cutout couple, being shoved to our throats with no proper build-up.
Well, they have more personality than some regular people I know in real life, so sorry if I don't share your opinion. They're just a regular couple to me, nothing too interesting, but not a bad pairing either.
Quote:
It means that if the past is better than the present, why stick to the present, this is a fictional universe where time isn't of the essence after all.
It's not about sticking to the present, it's about sticking to the story. That's why I said "what could've been" and not "what was."

In other words, I wanted Flay to survive and be reconciled with Kira, but that didn't happen. If anyone want to dwell on a what-if scenario, they could make their own fanfiction, but I'd rather talk about SEED/Destiny in this thread.
Old 2012-01-21, 21:15   Link #2850
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
It's not about sticking to the present, it's about sticking to the story. That's why I said "what could've been" and not "what was."

In other words, I wanted Flay to survive and be reconciled with Kira, but that didn't happen. If anyone want to dwell on a what-if scenario, they could make their own fanfiction, but I'd rather talk about SEED/Destiny in this thread.
You realize that in the present, we are 43(5 have aired already) episodes away before Fllay's death, don't you? So it's natural nowadays that people would dwell on this given that the remaster is airing.

Which is why the comparisons have started appearing again.
Old 2012-01-21, 21:28   Link #2851
monster

Quote:
You realize that in the present, we are 43(5 have aired already) episodes away before Fllay's death, don't you? So it's natural nowadays that people would dwell on this given that the remaster is airing.

Which is why the comparisons have started appearing again.
And that's fine, I merely said I didn't want to dwell on it in general. It's just your response to what I said is what I didn't understand.
Old 2012-01-21, 22:12   Link #2852
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
They were not sure at the moment yes, but it was enough
So circumstantial evidence = proof

Good luck trying to convince a judge on that one.

Quote:
Yes but soon after that, Cagalli said herself that she sided with AA. Futhermore not all Orb military are siding with Yuna and his father.
No matter how you want to paint it but the action of kidnapped still occurred. She may have pardoned kira on a personal level but who is to say her sole authority can excuse him of such actions from the rest of the Board.

I dont remember a revolt prior to Yuna's death. Can you please give me examples where soldiers mutinied from Yuna? Unless you are mistaken *taking sides* with *Unhappy with current leadership*

Quote:
Trying to stop a war is not wrong for me yes. And trying to defend our country which is attacked is not wrong either.
Trying to stop a war by shooting everyone.... thats how you escalate wars further.. I guess this isnt wrong for you?

To your 2nd part

I would be extremely puzzled if someone randomly told me defending my country is wrong @.@

Quote:
Maybe it was a bit exterme yes but you should not focus only on that. futhermore, after that Cagalli explained her situation.
Goes back to my post that kidnapping the action itself is wrong no matter how you paint it. Just because Cagalli forgive him doesn't necessarily mean rest of the council would.

Quote:
They defeated Dullindal and it's thanks to them that he's not here anymore. But it's also because of them that Zaft has no ruler anymore. Therefore, Lacus and Kira will be here to help Zaft in its transition of power.
Thankfully CE population are like sheeps. The real world is much more complex than this.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 04:38   Link #2853
Gundamx

Quote:
Trying to stop a war by shooting everyone.... thats how you escalate wars further.. I guess this isnt wrong for you?
Isn't that what is happening in real world?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 06:47   Link #2854
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Isn't that what is happening in real world?
yeah it is. and it's a crazy logic..

anyway, Kira and Fllay did have more interaction than Kira and Lacus.. this reaction towards Kira and Lacus' exclusivity is only because the directors wouldn't give us a proper "meaning" about them.. I mean... THEY HAVEN'T EVEN KISSED ON SCREEN YET!!!!!!!!!!!

and it angers me... but I'm a KiraXLacus fan either way..
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 01:18   Link #2855
Ledgem
Love Yourself

My interpretation of the Flay vs. Lacus relationships was a matter of maturity. We're not told explicitly whether Flay is Kira's first love or not, but it seemed that way to me. When you're new to dating someone (or new to dating in general), it tends to be physical. And so it was that we saw a fair amount of passion between Kira and Flay.

The relative lack of passion between Kira and Lacus seemed to occur for two different reasons. First, Kira wasn't fully over Flay, and thus couldn't fully give himself to Lacus. Second, he now had experience in relationships, and perhaps wanted it to move slower and/or didn't feel the need to introduce the physical as much. For her part, Lacus was fairly reserved and seemed mature (when she needed to be, anyway...), so it fit.

Who knows? Maybe it was sloppy writing. As it is, the difference between the two relationships strikes me as a sign of character development in Kira. I never thought of his relationship with Lacus as being strange. If the developments with Flay had not occurred, I'd probably feel differently.
Old 2012-01-23, 05:47   Link #2856
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
My interpretation of the Flay vs. Lacus relationships was a matter of maturity. We're not told explicitly whether Flay is Kira's first love or not, but it seemed that way to me. When you're new to dating someone (or new to dating in general), it tends to be physical. And so it was that we saw a fair amount of passion between Kira and Flay.

The relative lack of passion between Kira and Lacus seemed to occur for two different reasons. First, Kira wasn't fully over Flay, and thus couldn't fully give himself to Lacus. Second, he now had experience in relationships, and perhaps wanted it to move slower and/or didn't feel the need to introduce the physical as much. For her part, Lacus was fairly reserved and seemed mature (when she needed to be, anyway...), so it fit.

Who knows? Maybe it was sloppy writing. As it is, the difference between the two relationships strikes me as a sign of character development in Kira. I never thought of his relationship with Lacus as being strange. If the developments with Flay had not occurred, I'd probably feel differently.
That's a good way to describe it; I agree with that interpretation.
Old 2012-01-23, 08:14   Link #2857
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post

this i like
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 08:16   Link #2858
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
If the developments with Flay had not occurred, I'd probably feel differently.
I'd kinda doubt that, Lacus still can't hold a candle to WINCEST(Kira/Cagalli)
Old 2012-01-23, 08:27   Link #2859
monster

Quote:
I'd kinda doubt that, Lacus still can't hold a candle to WINCEST(Kira/Cagalli)
Lacus doesn't have to since Uzumi made sure that won't ever happen.
Old 2012-01-23, 08:42   Link #2860
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yet whole wishing for kira-cagalli incest it so aborted just in time pic reveal unless you want 3 or 4 way with kira-lacus-athrun-cagalli?!

give were wanting our GS movie or yet return of GS era to SAVE_US from others of other 2 gundam series give how there doing yea bring back GS era.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep