AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 21 23.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 26.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 31.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 11.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-22, 01:15   Link #81
charizardpal
灼眼の

How Shana Causes Yoshida to Fly

Anyone notice that in episode 8 of season 1 Yuuji grabs hold of Shana's torso when they're flying in order to hold on, whereas in this episode Shana seems to have learned telekinesis, and is able to 1) cause Yoshida to levitate from the window sill, and 2) fly along side her just by holding her hand? Is this a plot hole, or was the episode 8 just fan-service? (Season 1 had more moe character designs, and lots more fanservice...)

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
Old 2008-01-22, 01:20   Link #82
JaoJao
The One and Only!

is oga dead or what? cause im sure she was killed by margery right?
Old 2008-01-22, 01:22   Link #83
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaoJao View Post
is oga dead or what? cause im sure she was killed by margery right?
Naw she was just wounded, and Yuuji restored her along with everyone else afterwards.
Old 2008-01-22, 01:25   Link #84
MidoriHiME

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
I was thinking no one would get any excited over this episode, though, after looking at the preview from episode 13...
I never watch the previews, as I like to be surprised each week =3
Old 2008-01-22, 01:38   Link #85
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Mellow episode with some wasted moments. It got awesome at the end with the Johan flashback and the actual Pheles appearing, only to get felt up by Silver.

I'll give it an 8/10, bordering on a 7 because of the "I'll win scene" for the millionth time.
Old 2008-01-22, 02:35   Link #86
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Mellow episode with some wasted moments. It got awesome at the end with the Johan flashback and the actual Pheles appearing, only to get felt up by Silver.

I'll give it an 8/10, bordering on a 7 because of the "I'll win scene" for the millionth time.
I haven't watched this episode yet so I don't know what led Shana and Kazumi to mention the whole "I'll win" again, but given the amount of time it has been mentioned about so far (it was there since the first episode!), is there any chance that J.C.Staff is about to resolve this whole love triangle issue once and for all?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-01-22, 03:21   Link #87
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
I haven't watched this episode yet so I don't know what led Shana and Kazumi to mention the whole "I'll win" again, but given the amount of time it has been mentioned about so far (it was there since the first episode!), is there any chance that J.C.Staff is about to resolve this whole love triangle issue once and for all?
Well i believe the novel is still ongoing and the love triangle thing is like the glue that holds the story together, everything that happens in Shakugan no Shana attempts to propel the relationship and character development forward but i doubt they'll resolve the whole love triangle thing until near the end of the novel.

Also from the way it's looking, the characters are attempting to resolve the love issue but circumstances just prevent it from happening...
Old 2008-01-22, 03:23   Link #88
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Well i believe the novel is still ongoing and the love triangle thing is like the glue that holds the story together, everything that happens in Shakugan no Shana attempts to propel the relationship and character development forward but i doubt they'll resolve the whole love triangle thing until near the end of the novel.

Also from the way it's looking, the characters are attempting to resolve the love issue but circumstances just prevent it from happening...
You mean Yuji is. The girls are just waiting for an answer.
Old 2008-01-22, 03:24   Link #89
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
True dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I find Yuji to be like Matoko in that way
Old 2008-01-22, 03:30   Link #90
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Yoshida Kazumi needs to die.

Seriously, she's a waste of airtime. I don't need to hear yet another "I won't lose" from the pair, not again.

I'm glad they finally gave an explanation why episode 13's battle was so disappointing. Good show, Pheles, you even deceived me. The twist and the double twist saved the episode for me really.

I hope it's all battles and battles from now on, and I hope (without much anticipation ) that Yoshida Kazumi would die a horrible death in one of the battles.
Old 2008-01-22, 03:32   Link #91
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It gets to the point where I'm thinking "ok Shana here's your chance, just drop her. That will end this thing once and for all." Then I think about the actual ramifications and let that subside a little.
Well, Shana did decide to make her confession on episode 12, only to be interrupted by Pheles. Not sure when J.C.Staff is going to decide to end this love rivalry, if anytime soon at all... At the very least, on that episode, Shana decided to take the initiative while Kazumi just went "can I wait?"

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-01-22, 05:15   Link #92
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I think he doesnt really care. At least not that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
True dat

I find Yuji to be like Matoko in that way
no way. Makoto was the worse character ever.

P.S. I wonder Yuji will end up like another Naruto. Naruto has Kyuubi and maybe Yuji will get Silver .
P.S. I hope not lol.
Old 2008-01-22, 08:04   Link #93
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Kazumi learned a valuable lesson in this episode, never let your guard down because if you do well we all saw what happened. That Giant silver arm punching a hole through Pheles was a surprise and she called him Johan. Whether or not that person is Johan remains to be seen and if it is why did he attack Pheles. It might have something to do with the spell that has mutated the Meigo. On a positive note go Tanaka and Oga-chan I think after being with Oga Tanaka's will to become a Flame Haze will fade away as for his buddy i do see him one day succeeding in becoming one.

Next week the truth about Konoe is reveled and why her and her butler had those creepy glowing bracelets. I will say if she really is Hecate it would make sense for her to stop Pheles after all she wants Yuji prized little possession as well.
Old 2008-01-22, 08:32   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
no way. Makoto was the best character ever.
That's more like it.

Thank god those last two minutes happened which completely saved this episode. Also yet again it's the flashback scenes that really make this show for me. The BGM track played was very Ko Otani, and i loved it.
Old 2008-01-22, 08:41   Link #95
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Wilhelmina's lack of cautiousness was a bit strange: she knew that pheles had such avatar spell, but she didn't expect that until it shows up... Well, obviously it might be not obvious to expect that, but seriously, some doubt would be preferable.
she knew the spell allow pheles to be where she wants, but she doesn't know the exact details (creating an avatar etc).
Old 2008-01-22, 11:56   Link #96
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

This ep is disappointing for me. There is no action except the end part where Silver pierce Pheles' body.
I also dislike Pheles char. In prev ep, she simply appears as a woman who's desperate to find her lover. At the last part, she appears evil and very sinister. Her facial expression and tone of voice are just too different from how they were before.
Anyways, next ep is gonna be very interesting with Silver finally join the show.
Old 2008-01-22, 12:41   Link #97
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The ending of this episode was worth every single moment of mental pain the rest of this episode gave me.

Maybe the Silver will make Yuji grow a freaking SPINE. I hope so.

I also hope that Shakugan no Shana will be remade by Kyoto Animation.
Old 2008-01-22, 13:02   Link #98
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Maybe the Silver will make Yuji grow a freaking SPINE. I hope so.
A SILVER spine. With lots of spikes coming out the back, and LASER BEAM EYES!
Old 2008-01-22, 14:06   Link #99
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Kazumi learned a valuable lesson in this episode, never let your guard down because if you do well we all saw what happened. That Giant silver arm punching a hole through Pheles was a surprise and she called him Johan. Whether or not that person is Johan remains to be seen and if it is why did he attack Pheles. It might have something to do with the spell that has mutated the Meigo. On a positive note go Tanaka and Oga-chan I think after being with Oga Tanaka's will to become a Flame Haze will fade away as for his buddy i do see him one day succeeding in becoming one.

Next week the truth about Konoe is reveled and why her and her butler had those creepy glowing bracelets. I will say if she really is Hecate it would make sense for her to stop Pheles after all she wants Yuji prized little possession as well.
The Silver arm isn't Johan, she just called it Johan because she doesn't see Yuji as a seperate beign, she see's Yuji as Johan (when refering to him she never call him Yuji, always Johan) the silver arm stuck out of Yuji, so she think that he attacked her, and since she thinks that Yuji is Johan she also thinks that the one attacking her (the Silver arm that's coming out of Yuji) is also Johan.
Old 2008-01-22, 14:20   Link #100
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one / one of the very few who is/are enjoying the love triangle for what it is, how it has evolved from a traditional bickering rival relationship, to a respect each other relationship, to an actual friends relationship, where both Yoshida and Shana improve each other while maintaining a more than cordial friendship. I enjoyed this episode from start to end... possibly because i always enjoyed S1 more for the peaceful moments and how Guze's and Earth's inhabitants interacted with each other than the battles. Aw well, to each to his own
Closed Thread